Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Is It Right To Date My Employee? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Date My Employee? (31884 Views)

Is It Proper To Date My Friend's Ex? / I Am In Love With My Employee / Is It Bad To Date My Sister's House Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Bbbwings: 1:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
makydebbie:
Control your penis ah!

You're hiding behind she's a good girl she sweeps your shop and takes charge. Bro that's her job that's what you employed her to do, I don't expect her to do otherwise.

You just want to fvck that's it. Na wa oo. I go born man so?
Yes, your first born will be a boy.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by GeneralPula: 1:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
Timothyoj:

Lool....bad guy grin

grin
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by DaddyRochie1642: 1:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
Kylekent59:
Someone is about to go broke in the nearest future. If you doubt me, go and verify from those who started dating their sales girls and how their stories ended.

No sex when it comes to profit, business. What did I mean:

The OP is playing with a ballon is a spiky and windy environment and when the ballon bounces on the spike, it burst.

The ballon is your business containing your money.

The spike is the sales girl

The wind is your sorrow

The environment is your shop.

The ballon bursts, wind starts blowing your money away, the environment which is your shop becomes empty and deserted.

I love this your Analysis,

#Respect
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Earth2: 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
DominusPrime:
When an adult asks this question on nairaland and expects people to answer yes or no it baffles me. First you are asking people who don't even know the girl or what she looks like or even 1/4 Of the full picture between you and the girl. What kind of advice do you think you will get? Of course it's misguided advice based mostly on their own points of views or experiences of life. They are not able to give sound unbiased advice. Coupled with the fact that the amount of info isn't anyhing to go by.

Here's mine. Any decision you take is ok as long as you can bear the consequences.
If u don't date her, your heart will fight you. You'll even keep falling for her more and you'd go through some emotional stress. So if u choose not to, be ready to go through all that.
If u date her there's the risk of things changing as regards your business. An employee who works for u is totally different from a gf who works for you. Are you ready to bear the changes that may come? Your business might suffer.
And finally, most rarely you can date her and things will even get better but this is the slimmest of all 3 things that could happen. All the best
U spoke well.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by makydebbie(f): 2:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bbbwings:

Yes, your first born will be a boy.
No problem. grin
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Oreofepeters: 2:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Exodora: 2:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
I am beginning to get tired of this topic.How many times are we going to treat this topic here for goddness sake.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Earth2: 2:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
DominusPrime:
When an adult asks this question on nairaland and expects people to answer yes or no it baffles me. First you are asking people who don't even know the girl or what she looks like or even 1/4 Of the full picture between you and the girl. What kind of advice do you think you will get? Of course it's misguided advice based mostly on their own points of views or experiences of life. They are not able to give sound unbiased advice. Coupled with the fact that the amount of info isn't anyhing to go by.

Here's mine. Any decision you take is ok as long as you can bear the consequences.
If u don't date her, your heart will fight you. You'll even keep falling for her more and you'd go through some emotional stress. So if u choose not to, be ready to go through all that.
If u date her there's the risk of things changing as regards your business. An employee who works for u is totally different from a gf who works for you. Are you ready to bear the changes that may come? Your business might suffer.
And finally, most rarely you can date her and things will even get better but this is the slimmest of all 3 things that could happen. All the best
No biased,no insults,no foolish talk, just words of wisdom.u have spoken well my man.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Chinwe4real(f): 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
DominusPrime:

This is the kind of one-sided reasoning I talked about earlier. This kind of child will give the same advice to every one who comes to him with the same problem . They are not able to see exceptions or rare possibilities. These are the worst kind of people to take advice from.
His reasoning will definitely be correct sometimes but in some cases he will destroy beautiful things cos he can't reason in other dimensions

Exactly.

It is one year and two months I started working for my boyfriend. We dated for a year plus, then he bought me a laptop. Next thing, oga told me instead of spending my vacation at the village doing sales girl, I should start working for him. Working and schooling.

I became his blog's content writer, earning as high as 30k depending on if I had kept the end of the bargain which is five articles a day.

Today, his website is ranking 200,000+ plus compared to the 3million it was ranking when I started working for that.

Not only that, working for him is like learning a skill for free, and receiving pay. I learnt the ropes of digital marketing, SEO e.t.c

Still working for him, with increased pay.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by danot1030: 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
Enemyofdarkness:
I opened a mini shop lately and I employed one fine girl there as a sales girl. Based on my observation, she has every quality a girl should have.

And most importantly, she took my business as hers, running around, doing all sort things. Everytime I visit that shop and its surroundings, I always met it tidied up.

Yesterday I overheard her asking my friend if I have a girlfriend but my friend said no.

My issue is, if I should date her, won't she start disrespecting me and acting shenanigan?

You opened a mini shop and you are already nursing the idea of sleeping with your sales girl, what we happen if you open a mega shop where you employ ladies, you will sleep with them all?

Oga let business be business, the girl keep the shop environment tidy is just her way of doing what she is being paid for.

And for your girls to be asking your friend if you have a girlfriend means you already have been given her green light.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
If you enjoy your sales girl and your sales girl enjoys you, then enjoy yourselves in every way enjoyable.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Bbbwings: 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
Chidonc:

Brother man. Man no dey shit for where him dey chop. If you want to date that girl, sack her first. Remove pleasure from business. Imagine a scenario where the shop dey short cash but you no fit para because you dey gbensh sales girl, you pay her monthly, give her transportation,money for hair, offering money, buy her gifts and other expenses. You self reason am as a guy man. One love.
Enemyofdarkness
Hearken to this sagely advice,
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Brightgem(f): 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
Find another job for her first. Small job as yours, With you both in each other's face everyday. Ugly. See finish.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by babadee1(m): 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
Enemyofdarkness:
I opened a mini shop lately and I employed one fine girl there as a sales girl. Based on my observation, she has every quality a girl should have.

And most importantly, she took my business as hers, running around, doing all sort things. Everytime I visit that shop and its surroundings, I always met it tidied up.

Yesterday I overheard her asking my friend if I have a girlfriend but my friend said no.

My issue is, if I should date her, won't she start disrespecting me and acting shenanigan?

You should never poop where you eat and you should never date where you work. Serious people do not date their workers. If you really feel like you love her so much then find another job for her and then you can date her
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Enemyofdarkness: 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
danot1030:

You opened a mini shop and you are already nursing the idea of sleeping with your sales girl, what we happen if you open a mega shop where you employ ladies, you will sleep with them all?

Oga let business be business, the girl keep the shop environment tidy is just her way of doing what she is being paid for.

And for your girls to be asking your friend if you have a girlfriend means you already have been given her green light.
bro I no give am green light o I never let my intention known to her but I do relate with her like she's part of my family. I normally give her transport money and feeding. That's me I'm only doing that out of kindness o, I don't like making life hard for people. But lately the way she calls and asks about my well being shows she's already loving up but
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by opemite: 2:13pm On Feb 15, 2020
DominusPrime:
When an adult asks this question on nairaland and expects people to answer yes or no it baffles me. First you are asking people who don't even know the girl or what she looks like or even 1/4 Of the full picture between you and the girl. What kind of advice do you think you will get? Of course it's misguided advice based mostly on their own points of views or experiences of life. They are not able to give sound unbiased advice. Coupled with
the fact that the amount of info isn't anyhing to go by.
And finally, most rarely you can date her and things will even get better but this is
the slimmest of all 3 things that could
happen. All the best
Correct my brother,life experience is different, I put my girlfriend in charge of my business, one school became two while I was away for another business.we later got married,and two school became three.that is my own experience.so watch your girl and make your decision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Comedian2019: 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ethically wrong and immoral
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by ekwerendi(m): 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
I will only say you shouldn't date her, don't mix business with pleasure especially at this start-up stage, allow your business to grow, keep a friendly relationship with her and not dating.... maybe with time too you can marry her if she fulfils what you need in a woman..
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by 1Sharon(f): 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2020
Olojukokoro
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Chidonc(m): 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bbbwings:

Enemyofdarkness
Hearken to this sagely advice,
Dispute my post in a reasonable way and stop shouting enemy of darkness. Do you think once he starts sleeping with her he will have control over her actions. Stop deceiving yourself, is either he sacks her and they start their love life while he employs another person, or he allows her face her job without mixing his business with pleasure. business and pleasure doesn't go hand in hand, you must Concentrate on one at each point in time. Shallom
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Aname: 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:
You just opened a ‘mini shop’ and the first and only thing you’re thinking is how to date your sales girl.
You’re not even thinking how to make your shop ‘super shop’ considering its still at the ‘mini’ stage.
Your ‘mini shop’ would be reduced to ‘nothing shop’ the moment you start any nonsense relationship with that girl. the only relationship you should keep with her is ‘Employer-Employee’ relationship, at least for now.
When your shop gets to the stage you so wish, then you can tell the girl about your intentions. That would give you enough time to know the girl truly, if she’s your type of woman.

Hahah...that ship has sailed long ago. At this point, OP is not looking for a "go" or "no-go" response. He is looking for a "go because..." response.

My advise to you: start looking for a new sales girl quickly because you have already lost this one whether you "go" or you "no-go"...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by FuckAllTheMODs: 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
Tho I don't know much about both of you. But using everyday life scenarios.

I have seen someone who his sales girl got pregnant for and they later married. That was after like 2 sale girls have left. The lucky one was the 3rd sales girl(if I am not wrong). His business moved from another man's building(rent) to his own building. Although there are rumors that he deeped his hands into something deep (I hope you understand) and again that he got funds from his dad's business while he was running it.

And I have also seen people that their business crumbled because they were having affairs (dating, while some are just kpanshing) with their sales girls.

My advice to you is to be careful and wise in your dealings with her.
As a sales girl, she will steal (or you think she's not tapping your money), just that she will be careful not to be caught.

As a girlfriend, she will still steal, just that it will now be a two-way thing:
1. Aa good girlfriend, whenever she steals, she will always try to recover it as profits from customer, so that it won't affect your business or at least she will be considerate in her stealing.
2. As the bad type, she doesn't care. She is stealing just to ensure she doesn't lose out when you finally break up with her and again, she has the mentality that it is her boyfriend's money.

But all in all, she will steal, don't even think about it.
Even married women who handles their husbands' businesses take money from the businesses when they need money without informing the husband.

My advice to you is....
Get another sales girl and get another job for this particular girl. You can now date her away from your biz if you really love her, and, again she can help in running your biz as a helper but not as a sales girl. In that way if she has a good agenda, it will show in the business.

My opinion tho.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Homguy(m): 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
Enemyofdarkness:

And most importantly, she took my business as hers, running around, doing all sort things. Everytime I visit that shop and its surroundings, I always met it tidied up

if you do that, get ready to lose your shop because she would start treating your profit as her right too.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by yomislim: 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
It is very easy bro

If you want to date her, cut her off your business and look job for her in another place not associated to you, by then you can date her and employ another worker.. Dating someone working under you is a terrible idea most especially when it is business.
She will eat you as she like and you won't be able to blow sense into her because you'll be seeing her, by then not as a sales girl but a lover...

Shalom.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by johnchins: 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
makydebbie:
Control your penis ah!

You're hiding behind she's a good girl she sweeps your shop and takes charge. Bro that's her job that's what you employed her to do, I don't expect her to do otherwise.

You just want to fvck that's it. Na wa oo.
I go born man so?

Careful what you wish for!
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by lexxyrule(m): 2:20pm On Feb 15, 2020
My advise, keep her close, pay attention to her like a bf, but don't formalize it or ask her out. Oversee the business first
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Bbbwings: 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
Chidonc:

Dispute my post in a reasonable way and stop shouting enemy of darkness. Do you think once he starts sleeping with her he will have control over her actions. Stop deceiving yourself, is either he sacks her and they start their love life while he employs another person, or he allows her face her job without mixing his business with pleasure. business and pleasure doesn't go hand in hand, you must Concentrate on one at each point in time. Shallom
Was I not agreeing with you?
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Digmygold: 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
Enemyofdarkness:

You employed one FINE girl? Hmnnn.

Every quality like big butt and massive boobies?

Sorry for your future
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by FuckAllTheMODs: 2:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
DominusPrime:

The thing is she will take his money irrespective of her status, either sales girl or gf. Just that the level of care or consciousness will differ.
Do you know married women who handle their husbands' businesses take money from the businesses when they need it.
I think the best thing for him is to get another sales girl and get another job for this particular girl. He can now date her from afar, she can help in running it as a helper but not sales girl. In that way if she has a good agenda, it will show in the business.

What do you think?
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Bbbwings: 2:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
Chidonc:

Op's moniker is Enemyofdarkness
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
Don't sh*t where you eat. In other words, do not mix Business with Pleasure.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Enemyofdarkness: 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2020
Brightgem:
Find another job for her first. Small job at that that. With you both in each other's face everyday. Ugly. See finish.
I only open that shop with the spare cash I had in hand, I'm even planning opening multiple shops, I've got the money. I don't depend on it, infact I only go there because of my friend that lives around there if not I no go dey show face at all

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South African Lady Who Got Dumped By Her Boyfriend Of 6 Months Cries Out / How A Nairalander Spent Her Valentines Day / Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.