Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Is It Right To Date My Employee? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Date My Employee? (31913 Views)

Is It Proper To Date My Friend's Ex? / I Am In Love With My Employee / Is It Bad To Date My Sister's House Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Modelling(f): 7:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
Enemyofdarkness:

Yesterday I overheard her asking my friend if I have a girlfriend but my friend said no ?
Please be careful with this salesgirl if you want to retain your respect as well as want your business to thrive.
Which kind of employee is asking if her employer has a girlfriend?
Or may be she has seen some signs you are interested in her, be very careful I already said. Best of luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Digmygold: 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

you're an unenlightened kid!
didn't you read where he stated that he's in his late twenties?
You sound frustrated!

You havent heard of 60 year olds hiding behind their computers claimomg 20. So everything any stranger says on SM you swallow hook line and sinker? SMH. Now you see who the unenlightened kid is?
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by LeeSantos(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
[quote author=simplepee post=86671008][/quote]
grin this one loud gon oh
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by NettyNelly(m): 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
OP you must know what you want. Yes dating her can be disaterous to your business that is yet to find it's feet. But you can date her and make the best out of it to favour you and the business.
This is possible if and only if;
1. You are dating her with the intention of marriage
2. You make it clear to her that you want to build an empire together with her.

This will make her see a future with you. And she will do anything to make the dream come true for both of you.

Do this, sit back and watch how you are going to kill two birds with one stone.
Hope this helps?
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Digmygold: 8:20pm On Feb 15, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

you're an unenlightened kid!
didn't you read where he stated that he's in his late twenties?
You sound frustrated!

Because he says he is in his 20s means its true? Have you not heard of frustrated 60 year old bitter bachelors with zero finances and character like Ubunja hiding behind their phones and computers with their wrinkled droopy faces claiming to be 20? Should you follow every statement you read on SM hook line and sinker? Now tell me you are the unenlightened kid, kiddo.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by ledamaster(m): 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
If you truly like her and have good intentions, find a better job or sack her first then date her. If not, just know your capital will be turned into choppings. What do I mean by choppongs, shawarma, drinks and refreshments for her friends and family. After all its her man that owns the place. I give it tops, 3months before you start using your personal money to augment that business.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 15, 2020
COdeGenesis:

Enemy of progress. Haba. Your grounds are not right biko. What if she were your sister, would you have siggested thos kinda harsh judgement

Friend of progress, I made my point, it's a suggestion,not mandatory he heed to it.
Am not your equal
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by COdeGenesis: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
angelusbrut:

Friend of progress, I made my point, it's a suggestion,not mandatory he heed to it.
Am not your equal

It is obvious you not my equal. You are a very bitter and toxic person who lacks courtesy and manners of approach.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
COdeGenesis:

It is obvious you not my equal. You are a very bitter and toxic person who lacks courtesy and manners of approach.

Ok,next abuse
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Nnecky(f): 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:
You just opened a ‘mini shop’ and the first and only thing you’re thinking is how to date your sales girl.
You’re not even thinking how to make your shop ‘super shop’ considering its still at the ‘mini’ stage.
Your ‘mini shop’ would be reduced to ‘nothing shop’ the moment you start any nonsense relationship with that girl. the only relationship you should keep with her is ‘Employer-Employee’ relationship, at least for now.
When your shop gets to the stage you so wish, then you can tell the girl about your intentions. That would give you enough time to know the girl truly, if she’s your type of woman.

Supported
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2020
Digmygold:

Because he says he is in his 20s means its true? Have you not heard of frustrated 60 year old bitter bachelors with zero finances and character like Ubunja hiding behind their phones and computers with their wrinkled droopy faces claiming to be 20? Should you follow every statement you read on SM hook line and sinker? Now tell me you are the unenlightened kid, kiddo.

If you were enlightened enough you would have found out that Ubunja's miseducations are real words of wisdom, but i can't blame you, when you grow up you'll understand.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
grossintel:
If you date her, that will be the beginning of the fall of your shop business. She will sell and pocket money as she likes, after all it's my boyfriends shop and I need money to make my hair. In my opinion it's far better you marry her if you must, that way she knows you both will suffer if she runs it down.

Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Digmygold: 10:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

If you were enlightened enough you would have found out that Ubunja's miseducations are real words of wisdom, but i can't blame you, when you grow up you'll understand.

So this is about Ubunja? You bombed into my mention because of Ubunja? Lol. Ubunja is not that importanr. Follow his teachings that he will.not sit his biological replica devil incarnate son to teach. Get sense brah dont fall into the Ubunja ditch of hell.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Abeos(m): 10:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
makydebbie:
Control your penis ah!

You're hiding behind she's a good girl she sweeps your shop and takes charge. Bro that's her job that's what you employed her to do, I don't expect her to do otherwise.

You just want to fvck that's it. Na wa oo.
I go born man so?

No be man go give the belle tongue? Don't be selfish
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Sexycardib: 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by merits(m): 9:28am On Feb 16, 2020
May day!may day!! One man is about ruin his small income for internal hole.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by flyingdutchman(m): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2020
Fire that chick! Or...if you dig her, have a talk with her and date her fully after she quits working for you. You can place her on a stipend if you choose to. The mere fact that you are having fantasies has already spoilt your soup.
Some years ago, I started a small biz. I employed this chick. She and I were good at first and naturally became close but, she leveraged on our closeness. Once, when we had a meeting with staff including her on how to grow the company, we decided to embark on an aggressive marketing spree. On the appointed day, chick came to me that she had church prayer programme that morning- WHO DA HELL GOES TO CHURCH ON A WEEK DAY DURING WORK HOURS
When I declined to permit her, hanty went on a tirade about how disappointed she was in me for ignoring church program (we attended the same church). My biz was suffering, I could barely afford to pay staff (23 workers) salary. I fired her cheeky ass! And got a better opening two months later!

Enemyofdarkness:
I opened a mini shop lately and I employed one fine girl there as a sales girl. Based on my observation, she has every quality a girl should have.

And most importantly, she took my business as hers, running around, doing all sort things. Everytime I visit that shop and its surroundings, I always met it tidied up.

Yesterday I overheard her asking my friend if I have a girlfriend but my friend said no.

My issue is, if I should date her, won't she start disrespecting me and acting shenanigan?
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Larryslim(m): 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
Toseenlove:

Lol my lady, Nigerian men has finally lost the battle. Business is really booming for ladies over here. I'm currently making plans of venturing into ladies ads. I must Cashout big time on them Since they have decided to monetize relationship themselves, They were the ones who shot themselves In the leg. No thanks to most GBOYZ & SIMPS and the ladies have perfected the game and take It to the next level. We have wimps, scums, simps call men In Nigeria now. They can't think straight when It comes to this Oiling & Greasing!!!
* Nigerian men have.
*simps called men.
Atleast speak proper English and use the right Cases, or attend tutorials since you're making so much off Nigerian men.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Gardenia(f): 2:01pm On Feb 16, 2020
Interested in getting a sugar mummy and daddy?
Contact me via call or Whatsapp for your legit connect now.

Hook up is not free.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by grandstar(m): 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2020
Enemyofdarkness:
I opened a mini shop lately and I employed one fine girl there as a sales girl. Based on my observation, she has every quality a girl should have.

And most importantly, she took my business as hers, running around, doing all sort things. Everytime I visit that shop and its surroundings, I always met it tidied up.

Yesterday I overheard her asking my friend if I have a girlfriend but my friend said no.

My issue is, if I should date her, won't she start disrespecting me and acting shenanigan?

There's an appiinted time for every affair under the sun (Eccl 3:1). For some reason, I don't think the time is now.

Let your business have a strong footing before making a move. It won't be easy though as you'll be seeing her everyday.

It may be wise to tell her you're developing feelings for her eventually if it proves to hard but that you want to focus on your business for now as it is quite young.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Mryacks: 2:58pm On Feb 16, 2020
DominusPrime:
When an adult asks this question on nairaland and expects people to answer yes or no it baffles me. First you are asking people who don't even know the girl or what she looks like or even 1/4 Of the full picture between you and the girl. What kind of advice do you think you will get? Of course it's misguided advice based mostly on their own points of views or experiences of life. They are not able to give sound unbiased advice. Coupled with the fact that the amount of info isn't anyhing to go by.

Here's mine. Any decision you take is ok as long as you can bear the consequences.
If u don't date her, your heart will fight you. You'll even keep falling for her more and you'd go through some emotional stress. So if u choose not to, be ready to go through all that.
If u date her there's the risk of things changing as regards your business. An employee who works for u is totally different from a gf who works for you. Are you ready to bear the changes that may come? Your business might suffer.
And finally, most rarely you can date her and things will even get better but this is the slimmest of all 3 things that could happen. All the best

Well said...
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by may320: 4:36pm On Feb 16, 2020
Mazk:
you have all the answers you needed here. everything she is doing is to impress you
You are wise young man.
I wondered why none of those commenting before you didn't spot this!
There lies the answer. She's simply doing all those eyeservice to attract the boss' attention and present herself as homely, wife material.
@Op by the time she's done with you, your eyes will clear that you've been played all along and by then, I hope it wouldn't be too late for you.
You better choose between her and your biz.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by may320: 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
angelusbrut:
Sack that girl right away, she is only forming a good girl to capture your attention.
Sack her now and save your business!!!
If not,I give your business two months to liquidate
Am a woman,I can't decieve you
Well said.
Just stumbled on this topic.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by may320: 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2020
Chidonc:
Dispute my post in a reasonable way and stop shouting enemy of darkness. Do you think once he starts sleeping with her he will have control over her actions. Stop deceiving yourself
That guy merely commended your wisdom thru the advice you gave.
Check the Op's moniker first.
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Chidonc(m): 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2020
may320:

That guy merely commended your wisdom thru the advice you gave.
Check the Op's moniker first.
Ok boss
Re: Is It Right To Date My Employee? by Depressedkidd: 7:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
chidekings:
Ur not supposed to,but sometimes matters of the heart can be confusing atimes.
And that's why the heart is located close to the head, so that the head can quickly notice and take over when the heart is beginning to wander into the wrong place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How A Nairalander Spent Her Valentines Day / Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" / How To Use Raw Egg To Know If Your Daughter, Sis Or Girlfriend Is Still A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.