Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! (1133 Views)

Pls Recommend A 30k Good Android Phone / Pls Recommend A Phone / Pls Recommend A 4g Fone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by MrEgghead(m): 5:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
Hello guys,
I'm a second year Medical student of UNIBEN.
Recently, I find it very difficult to really study because of distractions from my phone.

pls I need an application that can enable me block some applications on my phone at a certain period of time.
Thanks.
Re: Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by chatinent: 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
The app will also be a distraction with incessant notifications and ads. Just uninstall annoying apps or if your phone has the 'freeze' ability, you get them frozen.
Re: Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by Tsam96(m): 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
MrEgghead:
Hello guys,
I'm a second year Medical student of UNIBEN.
Recently, I find it very difficult to really study because of distractions from my phone.

pls I need an application that can enable me block some applications on my phone at a certain period of time.
Thanks.
Try flipd...the app allows you to disable apps on ur phone for as long as you want whether for a few minutes or hours...you will be able to access only basic functions of ur device within the set time...
Re: Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by Blastedholligan: 6:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
Tsam96:

Try flips...the app allows you to disable apps on ur phone for as long as you want whether for a few minutes or hours...you will be able to access only basic functions of ur device within the set time...
this is nice. I'll try it out. It can work on any device abi?
Re: Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by MrEgghead(m): 6:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
Tsam96:

Try flips...the app allows you to disable apps on ur phone for as long as you want whether for a few minutes or hours...you will be able to access only basic functions of ur device within the set time...
Can I download the "flips" on playstore?
Re: Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by Tsam96(m): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
MrEgghead:
Can I download the "flips" on playstore?
sure...and it's Flipd... actually...that was an error from me... autocorrect
Re: Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by Stephenomozzy(m): 7:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
Unless the app has features that'll lock you out from accessing your phone... It'll still boil down to you TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF YOUR TIME.

OFF YOUR PHONE MY GUY
Re: Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by Tsam96(m): 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
Unless the app has features that'll lock you out from accessing your phone... It'll still boil down to you TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF YOUR TIME.

OFF YOUR PHONE MY GUY

Even switching off your phone doesn't guarantee that he'll keep his hands off it...but there are apps that effectively locks you out of ur device for certain periods of time...that works too
Re: Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
chatinent:
The app will also be a distraction with incessant notifications and ads. Just uninstall annoying apps or if your phone has the 'freeze' ability, you get them frozen.

I think it's better to uninstall..... because that freezer doesn't stop u.....but at least the freezer can help limit....the usage of those apps

Probably he should try to take the bull by the horns by creating his own self control.... although it's hard but he gats be determined
Re: Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by MrEgghead(m): 8:24pm On Feb 15, 2020
Tsam96:
sure...and it's Flipd... actually...that was an error from me... autocorrect
Thanks bro.
Re: Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by ibawon(m): 12:24am On Feb 16, 2020
If you use an iPhone, I can't really say what app. Androids on the other hand have digital well being, but their Oga patapata na Zen Mode but it's in built on OnePlus phones.
Re: Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by HRHQueenPhil(f): 1:56am On Feb 16, 2020
I think u should get a study partner who is over serious. The person can sieve ur phone and help u focus. Pls try it
Re: Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! by OneKinGuy(m): 10:32am On Feb 16, 2020
Try Google Digital Wellbeing

(1) (Reply)

Infinix S5 PRO Leaks / -- / Finally, Redmi 8a Updated To Android 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.