Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages (2168 Views)

Okuama Killings: Soldiers Invade Igbomotoru, Bayelsa, Burn Houses, Kill 11 / Ansaru Terrorists Kill 30 Bandits In Kaduna / Katsina Villagers Lure Bandits Into A Trap, Kill 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Omooba77: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2020
Suspected bandits on Friday evening killed no fewer than thirty people in Tsauwa and Dankar villages in Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State.

At Tsauwa where twenty-one people were killed, efforts were still being made on Saturday evening to bury some of the victims.

Majority of the victims in the village were old people and children.

The bandits also burnt down houses, animals, and foodstuffs.

The District Head of Batsari who is also Sarki Ruma, Alhaji Tukur Muaazu, described the incident as horrible.

He said, “I have never seen this type of destruction in my life. The bandits arrived here (Tsauwa) about 7 pm on Friday when residents were about observing Magrib. Some were also preparing to sleep. The bandits laid siege to the village, killing and destroying anything they sighted.

“I appeal to Governor Aminu Masari to come to the aid of the victims. I will also plead that security in the community should be strengthened. ”

The Katsina State Police Commissioner, Sanusi Buba, was also at the two communities for an on- the- spot assessment on Saturday.

He confirmed that thirty people were killed by the bandits.

The police chief said, “I still find it surprising that whatever could have been the motive, these people ( suspected bandits) could still carry out these dastardly acts. We are, however, after them.”

“Twenty-one people were killed in Tsauwa while nine were killed in Dankar.”

Security personnel including police and the army as well as local vigilantes had taken up positions in the two villages by Saturday evening.

https://punchng.com/bandits-kill-30-burn-houses-animals-in-two-katsina-villages/amp/
Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Nukilia: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
Buhari has failed Nigerians! I do not understand why everyone is pretending like this is normal undecided

11 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by festacman(m): 6:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
Why haven't DSS undercover agents infiltrated these heartless bandits to cut off their roots?

In essence, part of the reasons why Nigeria is struggling against Boko Haram, banditry and other security threats is due to lack of effective intelligence gathering about the perpetrators and their operations, command and control structure, locations, movements and strategies. The situation is so bad that Boko haram seems to have better intelligence about our troop movement than we do about theirs.

The security threats of today in our country have shown that intelligence gathering will determine the success of national security measures. Therefore, the way forward here is for Federal Government to, as matter of URGENCY, strengthen and make effective the intelligence gathering machinery of DSS, NIA, the military and the police. DSS should be less visible in arrests and law enforcement but more discreetly effective in acts of undercovering, infiltration and data interception, etc. We should also bring back the good old days of Police CID personnel that operated as undercovers among the locals.

In other climes, the hieracrchy and operations of organizations like Boko haram, IPOB, Niger Delta militant groups, Islamic Movement of Nigeria, etc. would have been long been infiltrated by now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Bethel4Life(f): 6:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
U don mean it
Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Omooba77: 6:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
Nukilia:
Buhari has failed Nigerians! I do not understand why everyone is pretending like this is normal undecided

I knew PMB is a wrong choice, but educated zombies see otherwise... God will deliver us.... Even Katsina can not be protected.. What a nation run by religious bigots

10 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Bethel4Life(f): 6:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
MANNABBGRIS Ur attention is needed here urgently

9 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by baysherpsyche: 6:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
Their activities doesn't mirror the acts of banditry.
It is pure terrorism, if they are not curbed soonest, the south might soon start to have similar experience.
If this is the next level government promised, zombies keep that to the north. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Bethel4Life(f): 6:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
Nukilia:
Omooba77:

I knew PMB is a wrong choice, but educated zombies see otherwise... God will deliver us.... Even Katsina can not be protected.. What a nation run by religious bigots
Lolz what can 30k not do 4 an almajiri like those Zombies

8 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by TellBlazer(m): 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2020
Nice one,Enjoy your next level.

5 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Bethel4Life(f): 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2020
baysherpsyche:
Their activities doesn't mirror the acts of banditry.
It is pure terrorism, if they are not curbed soonest, the south might soon start to have similar experience.
If this is the next level government promised, zombies keep that to the north. undecided
TellBlazer:
Nice one,Enjoy your next level.
will there Zombies hear?

3 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Afolabimills(m): 6:54pm On Feb 15, 2020
Next level pls
Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by ivolt: 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
Buhari is a disaster.
Katsina people are regretting voting for him.

4 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by doctokwus: 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
Why is Buhari still the president for heaven's sake!
This is the reason some people have turned stone hearted when it comes to these killings in the North because of their protectionism of an obviously grossly incompetent person,so out of his depth concerning leadership.
In a normal society,with people not blinded by religious and ethnic loyalty,there should have been daily protests by commoners,religious and village heads calling for Buhari to step down.
Is it until their villages turn to mass burial grounds before they demand for his stepping aside, assuming they can even still muster the courage then?
An average North African,despite belonging to the same religion as his president,will not tolerate 1/10th of what the North has passed through since Buhari came to power.The whole country would be shut down till he steps down from office.
This is the kind of blind ethnic and religious affiliation God himself frowns upon.

8 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Joejonah(m): 6:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
Nigerians are usually very cooperative against crime to humanity, these bandit can't thrive in the south. This leave a lot questions on the local and village heads in the north. Rip to those that lost thier lives.

1 Like

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by slivertongue: 6:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
bandits are foot soldiers of GMB. they were hired to wreck havoc in post 2015 election sud GEJ win but have turned their guns on their folks

5 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by BiafraIpob25: 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
Presidential spokesperson, Bashir Ahmaad your attention is needed here

Your moniker name is Arrewa , so come and and explain this to us grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by mgbaduga: 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
please can someone tell me what is/are the role(s)of our security agencies and mr president?

1 Like

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by BiafraIpob25: 7:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
If you support this type of Next level in the North may God bless you... Probably the security are still waiting for Nnamdi Kanu to return

6 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by greatdreamer(m): 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
I.thank God that i was not among those that brought that thing called Buhari back.for a second term. My prayer is oh Lord preserve from bandits, herdsmen kidnappers, skulls miners, Nigerian army police, SARS, APC, Tanko etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
Another set and life goes on like nothing happened..
Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Arrewa: 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
Mpa ga zue ike...

Stop quoting me...

Make una allow me rest
BiafraIpob25:
Presidential spokesperson, Bashir Ahmaad your attention is needed here

Your moniker name is Arrewa , so come and and explain this to us grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by SimDan95(m): 7:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
the truth is everyone is tired of complaining, of speaking up against this injustice and terrorism mostly because the people been spoken for are not even bothered nonetheless.

My heart's goes to the victims, but sincerely speaking I'm not gonna waste my precious breath condemning lifeless,nepotistic, and incompetent buhari. Even without saying a word his minions would swoop down like vultures on carcass to demonize me.

so with due respect and peace of mind, if the north can't stand up along with their huge masses to hold their leaders responsible, make them quake in fear I have no support to give them. Let them show they are fed up with the issue of insecurity then watch how others would support wholeheartedly. Cos I can't see how u can lift up a child if he won't budge.

If they can't speak and agitate for themselves, then let their ish stay with them and allow is a moment of peace,

PERIOD

3 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by BlackfireX: 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
Fake news...

PDP, ipob , wailers, amotekin supporters will believe this trash, and will blame buhari.
Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by NaijaMutant(f): 7:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
Allahu Akbar grin

Is buhari aware of this news? No

Are the Northernized service chiefs concerned about the recent turn of events ? No

So may Allah reward them tongue

1 Like

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by NaijaMutant(f): 7:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
BlackfireX:
Fake news...

PDP, ipob , wailers, amotekin supporters will believe this trash, and will blame buhari.

Your wish grin
Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by NaijaMutant(f): 7:31pm On Feb 15, 2020
festacman:
Why haven't DSS undercover agents infiltrated these heartless bandits to cut off their roots?

In essence, part of the reasons why Nigeria is struggling against Boko Haram, banditry and other security threats is due to lack of effective intelligence gathering about the perpetrators and their operations, command and control structure, locations, movements and strategies. The situation is so bad that Boko haram seems to have better intelligence about our troop movement than we do about theirs.

The security threats of today in our country have shown that intelligence gathering will determine the success of national security measures. Therefore, the way forward here is for Federal Government to, as matter of URGENCY, strengthen and make effective the intelligence gathering machinery of DSS, NIA, the military and the police. DSS should be less visible in arrests and law enforcement but more discreetly effective in acts of undercovering, infiltration and data interception, etc. We should also bring back the good old days of Police CID personnel that operated as undercovers among the locals.

In other climes, the hieracrchy and operations of organizations like Boko haram and IPOB would have been long been infiltrated by now.

Stop being hypocritical and call a spade a spade undecided

Just say Buhari is clueless and daft.

Nobody go beat you undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by festacman(m): 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2020
NaijaMutant:

Stop being hypocritical and call a spade a spade undecided

Just say Buhari is clueless and daft.

Nobody go beat you undecided

Unlike you, I focus more on solving problems than looking for scapegoats.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Omooba77: 7:39pm On Feb 15, 2020
festacman:

In other climes, the hieracrchy and operations of organizations like Boko haram and IPOB would have been long been infiltrated by now.

This is Naija.....
Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Racoon(m): 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
shocked Even in the president backyard? Anyway, was it not the same man that stupidly told a bewildered nation that "the activity of Bandits/terrorists have surprised me"?

Yet Gov.Masari and other NW governors were negotiating with bandits just as Mr.President is even recycling BH terrorists as repented, rehabilitated and deradicalized killers.
Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
It is their business, those foolish Nigerians must get sense. 3years left so make una tighten una seatbelt for una next level. Una never see anything yet.
Buhari thank u for teaching them lessons.
Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Sokosuji: 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
Hmm
Re: Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages by Blue3k(m): 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
Lol after giving them amnesty. It's amazing how many people thought this was a great idea to gove these killers pardons. This just shows how useless security forces are. Its better to take up arms and defend themselves instead being a victim.

Front page: Lalasticlala

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breakingnews: They Are Coming For All Of Us!!! / See Accident This Morning At EKWUSIGO Junction OZUBULU Anambra State / Kalu In The US, Ahead Of Biden's Inauguration To Show Solidarity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.