Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria (548 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Coronavirus Outbreak In Lagos, Nigeria / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus: Two Suspected Cases in Ghana Test Negative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by MrTrend(m): 1:13am On Feb 16, 2020
Five travelers from China have reportedly tested negative to the deadly Coronavirus in Nigeria.

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control said on Saturday that five travellers from China tested negative to Coronavirus also known as COVID19.

The PUNCH reported that the NCDC Director-General, Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu, said on Friday that the centre had “two cases and tests are going on at the moment. As soon as they are completed, it will be announced. If a person returns to the country, say within 20 or 30 days, there is no point wasting reagents to test such a person.

“For other diseases, we usually advise people to go to the hospitals to get tested but for suspected cases of Coronavirus, patients are advised to simply put a call through to us, we will come to the patient because going to the hospital can amplify the disease if it is found to be positive.”

On Saturday, the NCDC announced the results of the tests, saying five travellers have been examined and they tested negative to Coronavirus.

“Since the beginning of #COVID19 outbreak, the protocol in Nigeria is to test returning travellers from China with symptoms. So far, five people have been tested. Results were negative,” the centre stated.

Read More At; https://www.brainnewsradio.com/five-travelers-from-china-test-negative-to-coronavirus-in-nigeria/

1 Share

Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by MrTrend(m): 1:13am On Feb 16, 2020
Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by NigeriaIsDoomed: 1:24am On Feb 16, 2020
I pray this should not be true .
Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by Validated: 1:24am On Feb 16, 2020
But in other countries, they are quarantined for minimum of 14 days and retested before being certified free. I hope CDC is aware of the incubation period for covid19 is about 21 days? China has also reviewed the basis for certification.
Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by tolufase: 1:29am On Feb 16, 2020
It sounds good. I don't pray anybody should be tested positive to this deadly virus. In a country where nothing seems to be working, while some people will pay with their lives others will suddenly become multi millionaires while proffering solutions to the problem just like what will have in the case of insurgents in the northeast.

1 Like

Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by GreatResearcher: 1:38am On Feb 16, 2020
As our god of men not hear anything from our gof for men concerning this virus?

God is a joke if he can't heal covid 19
Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by Sabby1(m): 2:19am On Feb 16, 2020
It is high time we repent of our sins. So many irregularities are happening worldwide on a daily basis and having made my own personal research and findings, all I can say is that....the end is near.

God help us
Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by Sabby1(m): 2:25am On Feb 16, 2020
GreatResearcher:

God is a joke if he can't heal covid 19
It seem you're having beef with God. Anyway, time after time, we have failed to see and read the handwriting on the wall.
Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by googi: 2:36am On Feb 16, 2020
Validated:
But in other countries, they are quarantined for minimum of 14 days and retested before being certified free. I hope CDC is aware of the incubation period for covid19 is about 21 days? China has also reviewed the basis for certification.

I am really surprised that they are waiting for someone to call after all we learned from Ebola.

Nobody from China should step away from the Airport until after medical observation for a month plus.

If it the the facilities and food that they are worried about, the cost (I pray not) might be greater than Boko Boko.

Why are our authority so complacent?
Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by johnmartus(m): 2:45am On Feb 16, 2020
Should any Nigerian die of coronavirus I will personally institutionalize legal action against Buhari.
Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by EsomahJD: 5:18am On Feb 16, 2020
This should never get to Nigeria o. Our government dey waka slow motion for prevention and treatment.
Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by socialmediaman: 5:18am On Feb 16, 2020
Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 5:29am On Feb 16, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:

They tested negative.
Re: Many Travelers From China Test Negative To Coronavirus In Nigeria by AuroraB(f): 7:16am On Feb 16, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Blood of Jesus cry

(1) (Reply)

Does This Book Offer Clues On The Origin Of Corona Virus? / Bet9ja Asks Online Customers To Contribute N200,000,000 For Covid-19 / The Dangers Of Drinking Too Much Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.