Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,799 members, 7,806,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

"And The Lord Repented" - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "And The Lord Repented" (17871 Views)

Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? / ✴The Seven Churches = 7 Kinds Of Churches Today. Two Are Repented / When Was The Last Time You Cried And Repented Of Wrong Against Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by fortran12: 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
fyneboi79:
sorry about that word warped I meant to say confused with it's explanation.
no problem
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Firebomber: 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2020
lekspot01:

� � � � �, Islam is only religion that is not dogmatic, have you ever ask from your pastor ones any question concerning your religion? Fools everywhere

Are you not the idiot that claim you do go to white germent church every Sunday, I guess that's the part of non dogmatic of Islam. Smile don't you see how foolish you people are?

You people will come here on Friday, the same person that asked a question will be the one to answer it on the same page and the fellow foolish terrorist will be shouting massaallah.

Don't you see the way people are laughing at you people dumbness? Anytime you are been asked questions and you can't answer, you start calling for the person head in the name of blasphemy. What a foolish follower.

2 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 7:38pm On Feb 17, 2020
Openbusiness:

Do you know that Idi Amin quote, "Freedom of speech is guaranteed, but freedom after speech is not guaranteed". Well, it's kind of analogous to what we (humans) have with God, 'Freedom of choice is guaranteed but freedom after choice is not guaranteed', so essentially you have to choose wisely. God doesn't change our choice, our free will is always guaranteed, we have the sole right to make our choices, but after we make those choices, God reserves the sole right to reward or punish us for the choice we made. We have the free will to make choices and God has the free will to judge the choices we make.
Exactly cheesy it's just better to follow God's will than our free will
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2020
Ausrichie:

Who is talking about no freewill. He created us and temptations, if there were no temptation would there be sin. There may be a God but all he did was to create the world kpam that is all. There is nothing like a daddy in the sky who loves you face the facts.
the facts are what? According to whom?
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
UdemeJoshua:
We can't question God
We can question God. Moses did, I did
I you don't ask questions how will you receive answers.
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
fyneboi79:
If you were told as a kid about the Babel tower,you probably would still be thinking the heavens are imediately above the clouds. But today science has gone beyond the earth into space, mars,moon still no heavens gate?

so this one believes in space science undecided
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 7:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sunnycliff:

Exactly. That shows you that when a man repents from his evil ways, there's nothing like punishment because of his evil deeds. Just like some people saying that Apostle Paul was persecuted because he persecuted Christians before conversion. Referring to sowing and reaping

No o, they will make heaven but here on earth we suffer for the things we have done and for our faith in God. But we don't suffer as sinners, because we are forgiven
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
evilive:
Religion feeds on fear and ignorance.
Religion teaches acceptance without questioning.
Questioning is considered an act of unbelieve.
Most people never reason how the whole thing started; we forgot that someone infuse this sh*ts into our heads before we grew the ability to question. God was designed to check the level of our reasoning and questioning while the priest reminds the weaklings about cain and carrot.

Growing into believing a god is not different from how you build your personality around the names you answer. Which came first? You or your given names. Is your name your name? At what point in your life did you start identifying with your names? Can you remember telling yourself at the age of 6months; this is my name? Dogs respond to names, does that mean it is their name? Are they even dogs? At what age did you know or accept god as your creator? is it your thinking? If you can feel bad when your "given" names are insulted, don't you think the same thing is applicable to your given God or given tribe, etc?

Check that thing you are defending very critically, honestly, they are instructions that grew up with your consciousness. Yes, they influence our illusory life so strongly in so many ways, but, it will never change the reality of who we really are.

The defenders and promoters of religious bullsh*ts do so for different reasons; some do it out of fear and ignorance, some do it out of 'spiritual' arrogance and urge to dominate, and some do it because many do it or because they are jobless.

Is it not stupid, that a created being whose source is a book written by another created being attempts forcing a creator on another created being. Is the creator not in all creation? Can a pot say to another pot- "here is the potter?"

God is in All and those who seek will find, not through any compilation of egoic bullsh*ts called God's word, but by faith.

God's word is his creations, pay attention.

Wonderfully written

2 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by kkins25(m): 9:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mordecai:
If a happens then b, else c
If b happens then d, else e
If c happens then f, else g

This iteration can go on for infinity.
If I designed the logic, I would probably know all the logical outcomes.

Imagine the variables are made of humans and their actions, the creator of the program can know the outcome of every possible course of action taken, while feeling bad about actions that will not lead to a desirable outcome.

This is a simplistic analogy of the universe as it relates to your question.

Don't sweat this. He still knows the end from the beginning, just like a supercomputer will know the outcome of several simulations.

What worries me however, is that you are not asking for answers. You are just mocking.
interesting, nonetheless the supercomputer did regret nd repented
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by fyneboi79(m): 5:11am On Feb 18, 2020
BlueAngel444:

so this one believes in space science undecided
Of course I believe in science but not your fake, hypocritical religion. I can bet you are greedy,stingy,wicked and socially unapproachable..yet you claim you know God of love.
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 9:18am On Feb 18, 2020
Roycemadeit:

Having read through, I must say that you rightly understand "God" according to the Bible. The truth is the God you understand is man-made, he is not the God who created the universe, with its different entities, creatures and races. The Religious God could be likened to a mortal, better put an overgrown child, who is not close to knowing what tomorrow would bring, who reacts selfishly.
Most of us who claim to understand how God is are mostly wrong. We keep running around while explaining and contradicting ourselves just as the Bible is.
If your God can be aggrieved from man exercising his freewill, he should have made man perfect, except if he wanted to be aggrieved. grin..
Now, that's where you get it wrong. Christians believe man fell into imperfection because of the original sin. But, I dare you to believe that God, not the Christian God, is PERFECT and so he could never have made anything IMPERFECT not even the devil, who he never created.

Hehehe, there are several levels of divine wisdom in this post of yours that all I will say now is wonderful. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 9:19am On Feb 18, 2020
Unclesamo:

u are still going back wat is being said... he watched ..meaning he knew everything.
dat cancels Free will...
pls, Does God know d number of ppl going to hell??
immediately a child is born, does he know if he'll end in hell or heaven??

Mostly likely yes

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 9:25am On Feb 18, 2020
Unclesamo:

nice I got dat part...but not fully related.
I barely engage in dis kind of mysterious Questions.
thanks for ur time.
before He Forms a man into his mother's womb, he knows how he will end up in hell ...(because he knows everything)....and God still form such being for creation.
from dis , can we say God creates some ppl for destruction??
(d bible mentioned d sons of Perdition)
yes

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 9:27am On Feb 18, 2020
Alitair:

How come he didn't see that Eve will give Adam the forbidden fruit?
Why did God ask them where they are? (That means if Adam had lied he would have accepted)..
He predestines and predetermines it....? Does that mean the free will given to man is a façade?

If a teacher asks 1 + 5 = ____

Does that mean the teacher doesn't know the answer cheesy

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 9:34am On Feb 18, 2020
Phalumy:

When someone repents, it doesn't realy mean that he repented from doing something wrong. A reverse in one's decision can also be termed as repentance. Let's assume you were reluctant going to church but finally you decided to go to church, it means you repented..... Invariably, He repented by reversing His decision........

Which decision did "He" reverse? shocked

People still lived on earth and are still on earth
Saul was still king

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Church Drags Factional Group To EFCC Over Embezzlement / I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected / Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.