Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

How Broken Are You Towards God's Word?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Broken Are You Towards God's Word?? (220 Views)

Does Speaking In Tongues In The Spirit Trigger Some Emotions Towards God? / Pastor Oritsejafor's Private Jet Has Broken Down (Photos) / The Place Of God’s Word In The Life Of A Christian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Broken Are You Towards God's Word?? by luluosas(m): 9:36am On Feb 16, 2020
HOW BROKEN ARE YOU TOWARDS GOD'S WORD?

A lot of people out there today especially in churches around the world, have become so tough, adamant and indifference to the word of God. They have become so familiar with God to the extent that they now take the word of God for granted, and to some extent, making the word of God as a licence to sin. Their unbrokenness to God's word has made them to disdain any true preacher today that comes with the undiluted and raw word of God. They feel that they've known it all and therefore, you can't correct nor advise them on Christian sanctity, especially when it touches on the areas they held so dearly to themselves, be it dressing, conducts and character. In fact, they will rather die with their held beliefs than submit to the supreme word of God over their lives. This is a deadly approach to those concerned, and I pray today, may we all submit to God's Word over our self desires in Jesus name. Amen.

No matter how strong, intelligent, sophisticated, rich or poor you think you are, until you become broken for the word of God to dwell in your heart, you go nowhere. In fact, you will find yourself in hell fire when you fail to yield yourself to the word of God now that you are still alive. This is a call to repentance to you all out there to please, REPENT NOW AND TREMBLE AT GOD'S WORD for the salvation of your soul. Amen.
Isaiah 66:2 "For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word".

A well educated Saul got broken at God's word and repented. How educated do you think you are?
Acts 9:3 "And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do".

The strong warrior, King David, became broken when he was confronted with his sins by God, and repented. How strong do you think you are?
2 Samuel 12:13 "And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.

The award winning beauty pageant Esther, became broken in order to pray earnestly to God for her people's deliverance. How beautiful do you think you are?
Esther 4:16 "Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish".

In fact, a commoner, a beggar, a Mr. Nobody in the society became broken at God's word, he repented, stood up and worship God. What excuse do you have?
Acts 3:7 "And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God".

Please remember, only the broken hearted at God's word will be saved. So, the choice is certainly yours to make. Psalms 34:18 "The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit".

Jesus Christ remains the only remedy from sin. Accept Him today. Acts 3:26 "Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities".

JESUS IS LORD

https://emwanta..com/2020/02/how-broken-are-you-towards-gods-word.html?m=1

Re: How Broken Are You Towards God's Word?? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
I learnt this topic the harsh way even on Saturday yesterday grin grin the Holy Spirit was teaching me a practical example, I refused to listen. Oga no talk again only to realize I had lost something more valuable
Re: How Broken Are You Towards God's Word?? by luluosas(m): 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
Wow! We bless the name of the LORD. I hope the lessons learned from your experience on Saturday will go a long way to help you yield fully to God.
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be multiplied to you, in order to learn obedience to the promptings of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
Shalom.

HRHQueenPhil:
I learnt this topic the harsh way even on Saturday yesterday grin grin the Holy Spirit was teaching me a practical example, I refused to listen. Oga no talk again only to realize I had lost something more valuable

(1) (Reply)

Suicide Is A Demon - Better Cast It Out Before It Does Its Job. / Free Book: HEALTHY LIVING GUIDE FOR PASTORS: How Gospel Ministers can balance... / Hear What God Is Saying To You In The Month Of March.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.