Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,199 members, 7,807,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast (11010 Views)

Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? / Why Kaduna Train Attackers Invaded Kuje Prison – Sources / South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by ChristianNorth: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2020
But 86% of poor Nigerians are in the north.

It is only in the North (Kaduna, Kano, Katsina) I have seen a whole village built with mud.

Only a fool challenges his chi to a wrestling contest.

Even the north dey open mouth. I don die

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by plaetton: 6:26pm On Feb 16, 2020
spendoon:

From 2006 censuses just kaduna and kano have a population of 15,514796 while the whole south east has a population of about 16,335,555
Now on if you use our education stats and do the calculation yourself kaduna and kano combined have a literate rate of about 70% while the whole south east has a literate rate of about 80%. The gap is small now combine the number of litrates in kaduna and kano with the ones found in other states in the north you will find out that the north has higer literate population than the whole south east combined,but in percentage it less
This is just plain and simple stupid.
This your voodoo statistics is testament to quality of education you recieved.

There is no empirical statistical measure of economic development and quality of life indec that can compare the The southeast and the northern states.
For goodness sake, Northern Nigeria has the lowest quality of life indices in the whole world. Don't take it from me. Ask the World Bank and UNICEF.
The commerce in North are run by Southeasterners. That's not a boast, it's a fact.

To say that North is more advanced in education is laughable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2020
plaetton:

This is just plain and simple stupid.
This your voodoo statistics is testament to quality of education you recieved.

There is no empirical statistical measure of economic development and quality of life indec that can compare the The southeast and the northern states.
For goodness sake, Northern Nigeria has the lowest quality of life indices in the whole world. Don't take it from me. Ask the World Bank and UNICEF.
The commerce in North are run by Southeasterners. That's not a boast, it's a fact.

To say that North is more advanced in education is laughable.
I mean in numbers the north has more literate than the east

1 Like

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
rummmy:
simple education less developed state and you are taking about the framed population....... OK if the population of Kano and kanduna is apx 15m and that of United Kingdom is 5m ,can I hear that kaduna and Kano is more developed than UK based on population.
Can't you comprehend a simple sentence? I said the north has more literate in numbers than the east but less in percentage due to their high population

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2020
Xavfra:

Stop beating around the corner....
Who are the different people
Other Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by forgiveness: 6:34pm On Feb 16, 2020
manasuk:
I can mention wudil & dawanau

1, Abeokuta
2. Ijebu Ode
3. Shagamu
4. Ota
4, Agbara
5. Igbese
6. Mowe
7. Iperu
8. Isheri
9. Ilisan

Too many

Don't compare Ogun state development with Kano state because Ogun state is miles ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Cherez: 6:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
spendoon:

Bro i was also surprised when i found out these guys are just overhyping their states, Just two states in the north and west beats them in every aspect
Please let's start.
Education first right?
What indices you wanna start with?
Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Cherez: 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
spendoon:

From 2006 censuses just kaduna and kano have a population of 15,514796 while the whole south east has a population of about 16,335,555
Now on if you use our education stats and do the calculation yourself kaduna and kano combined have a literate rate of about 70% while the whole south east has a literate rate of about 80%. The gap is small now combine the number of litrates in kaduna and kano with the ones found in other states in the north you will find out that the north has higer literate population than the whole south east combined,but in percentage it less
Guy, sorry to say you're not enumerate enough.
Your kind is what we have in the affairs of Nigeria today.
Bros to measure the literate levels, use an index that's why you hardly hear about IGR when poverty rates are being compared but GDP & per capita index.
I make N1million with a family of 200 while you make N500k, 50% of my income with a family of 3. Among two of us who is richer?
Use your head and not sentiments

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by wingmanIII: 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
spendoon:

Can't you comprehend a simple sentence? I said the north has more literate in numbers than the east but less in percentage due to their high population

If you use the same daft argument, north has more literate number than Britain and France combined. Stupid thread!

3 Likes

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Cherez: 6:59pm On Feb 16, 2020
spendoon:
While oyo and ogun in the other hand has a population 9,332,034 (Friendly more than half of the southeast) and the southeast has a population of about 16,335,555, the two western states literate percentage is about 90% while the southeast is about 80% no further explanation there is a clear winner
As seen in your previous posts on this thread, you're the type of literate Nigeria churn out yearly
Where is your source?

4 Likes

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by myobjective: 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
forgiveness:

1, Abeokuta
2. Ijebu Ode
3. Shagamu
4. Ota
4, Agbara
5. Igbese
6. Mowe
7. Iperu
8. Isheri
9. Ilisan

Too many

Don't compare Ogun state development with Kano state because Ogun state is miles ahead.

Don't mind that guy jare.
I have been to both state and I can tell you that the only developed part of kano is that 400square kilometre Kano city and that is all.
Ibadan alone is 3009square kilometres with a highly Developed area.

Ogun far developed than Kano, it has lots of industries and good residential areas. Even Ondo states is even more developed than that Kano

7 Likes

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Cherez: 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
spendoon:
INFASTRUCTRUE
Tell me one single States that beats kano,ogun and oyo in that aspect, i wont say kaduna because its still under renovation
Like I keep saying, you lack knowledge.
I bet you don't know Ogun state.
OP, can I challenge you to a live debate on Skype?
You don't know anything
Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by myobjective: 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
wingmanIII:

If you use the same daft argument, north has more literate number than Britain and France combined. Stupid thread!

Don't mind him. The northwest is home to 50% of Nigeria poorest people. It is a crime to compare any part of northwest/northeast to southeastern Nigeria.

I'm a Yoruba that has been opportune to work in the east. A state like Anambra is one of the most developed states in Nigeria in roads and residential buildings. People fail to know that the east is very small in landmass this allows infrastructure to be smaller and cost lesser than bigger states

4 Likes

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Cherez: 7:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
LadyExcellency:

Tell me any of those States that was bomb to oblivion 50 years ago in a civil war?

When in comparison use index and mean and not total population.

We don't compare between Isreal and Egypt in terms of development. Israel is a developed world, Egypt is not but too populous
That's guy is a disgrace to the Secondary school he attended not to mention higher institution.
How could he leave out index and his reference point in comparison?
That guy SPEEDON na big stigma
Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by myobjective: 7:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
Cherez:

As seen in your previous posts on this thread, you're the type of literate Nigeria churn out yearly
Where is your source?

The east is far far more advanced than the north. You can only compare the east to the south west

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
spendoon:

Other Nigerians

Mention their names ....
U r a typical Nigerian....
In Falz voice "who they calculate e no dey show the figure"
Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Osaze007: 7:21pm On Feb 16, 2020
Xavfra:

Prove ur last point

Kaduna has a higher IGR and population than your south east
Kano no go area

1 Like

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Osaze007: 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2020
myobjective:

The east is far far more advanced than the north. You can only compare the east to the south west

Actually
East is not more far advance
South west, south south , north west are way ahead of south east that’s the bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by spiritmasquerad(m): 7:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
IDeyNL:
I know the OP is an Afonja.

Your aim is to divert attention from the threads of Fulani Herdsmen terrorists ravaging the whole of south west.

No sensible Igbo man will give you any statistics. You go wait you go tire.

Fulani terrorists are taking over your lands, but Na Igbo matter dey your head. Even the Northern Elite won't even dare make such comparison. Keep the comparing north and east, until they turn you to IDP in Yoruba land.
Is that because u don't have any. I don't think so I live in Kaduna and other than 3 hospitals which the biggest is a catholic hospital the rest are disgusting, I went to general hospital in Sabo Tasha and that place need immediate attention.
Education is a lot cheaper and people are forcing their kid to go whether they like or not, because the public schools are good with great teacher but in the public secondary schools I attend for Jss3 I left because of too much fight between students and smoker by the fence of the school.
Infrastructure is mostly non existence before the government start demolishing some building to build road but it doesn't have any good city, zaria is a backward place.
And security is non existence kidnapping everyday, corrupt police.
But the universities and polytechnics are great but can be improved upon
Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by TUANKU(m): 7:43pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ritchiee:

If I may ask you,what is development?

Everybody knows that Lagos is the most developed place in Nigeria because it has all the indices.

Does Kano have more industries,Higher institutions, man power etc than Ogun state?
Yes. If you're in doubt get in touch with national bureau of statistics.
Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by TUANKU(m): 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2020
forgiveness:

Smile! How many cities/towns are developed in Kano state apart from Kano?

Oga Kano as a capital is made up of 4 local governments so be specific.
Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Ritchiee: 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
TUANKU:

Yes. If you're in doubt get in touch with national bureau of statistics.

NBS still maintains that Ogun state has the highest numbers of industries,higher institutions, man power etc more than Kano.Do you have anything contrary to this?

2 Likes

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by myobjective: 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2020
Osaze007:

Actually
East is not farther advance
Southwest, south, north-west is way ahead of the south-east that’s the bitter truth

The question I will ask you is have you been to the east before?

I'm one of the people that always attack the Igbos and set the record straight whenever they allow their hubris to get the better of them but on these issues of which region is more developed between the Northwest and south-east, man! The east is far better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by myobjective: 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
TUANKU:

Kano city local governments were mostly created by criminal Abacha in other to appropriate more money to Kano states, they were not based on any serious metric. Kano city is much smaller than Ibadan how come it has more local government than the latter?

Bring your evidence here to show the development of Kano.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by rummmy: 8:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
spendoon:

so in your conclusion, if east are more populated, they will have more illiterates than north?is that what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Jj222(f): 8:09pm On Feb 16, 2020
NwaliE01:
Majority of those houses in the North are owned by the Igbos.
Eg Fina white of Kaduna. Check his Hotel in station round about next to evangel book shop Plaza owned by an Igbo man. His Plazas and hotels scatter everywhere in Kaduna state.
Igbos own the North and South.
Please tell me one plaza owned by a Northerner in the East.
. Wow Brillent question.
Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by TUANKU(m): 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
myobjective:

Kano city local governments were mostly created by criminal Abacha in other to appropriate more money to Kano states, they were not based on any serious metric. Kano city is much smaller than Ibadan how come it has more local government than the latter?

Bring your evidence here to show the development of Kano.
So local governments that were created years before Abacha became head of state suddenly have now become creations of Abacha?
What metrics are you even talking about?
Kano has way better infrastructure, has a bigger economy and has a larger manpower.
Educate yourself and control your hatred.

1 Like

Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by forgiveness: 8:26pm On Feb 16, 2020
TUANKU:

It was a very straight forward question. The comparison is between Kano state and Ogun state, not btw their state capitals.

Now, how many cities/towns are in Kano state? Answer
Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by myobjective: 8:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
TUANKU:

So local governments that were created years before Abacha became head of state suddenly have now become creations of Abacha?
What metrics are you even talking about?
Kano has way better infrastructure, has a bigger economy and has larger manpower.
Educate yourself and control your hatred.

Bigger economy than where?
All evidence on the ground shows that you are seriously ignorant.

Kano is an overrated slum that is overhyped by people that has never left the north-west to any part of Nigeria. Ogun, Ondo and Oyo generate more revenue than Kano the last time I check and these three states also have a larger economy individually.
Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by forgiveness: 8:33pm On Feb 16, 2020
myobjective:

Don't mind that guy jare.
I have been to both state and I can tell you that the only developed part of kano is that 400square kilometre Kano city and that is all.
Ibadan alone is 3009square kilometres with a highly Developed area.

Ogun far developed than Kano, it has lots of industries and good residential areas. Even Ondo states is even more developed than that Kano

I lived in Ibadan for years and I can say it's one of the most developed cities in Nigeria. Though I have not been to far north but I have been to all the major cities in the South and three cities in North Central.

I no know if Ondo is more developed than Kano sha but I know they have two developed areas.
Re: Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast by Ritchiee: 8:35pm On Feb 16, 2020
paj4love:

That's was in the early 80's to late 90's when western press are dominating the Nigerian conversation and military governors were sent to the east and south south to rule not to develop. But now the narrative has change, the east and some south state are investing heavily in educating their children, most of these are coming from parents of 2x2 shops or the one you guys are calling traders, uncle's, auntie, the community, the church, thanks to Catholic and Anglican church in the east, these people are trying there best to educate their loved ones.in my community you can't bragg with your degree because its noting new, In terms of human capital development or manpower to service Nigeria economy we have them in abundance.
for example there is no private school in Abuja except Islamic schools you won't find substantial numbers of teachers of igbo extraction. The yorubas have lost that grip and they know it. Let them mention areas they are better than the igbos in the field of education.

lol

It will take light years before you can come close to Yorubas in education.
Let me give you the scenario:
From 1800 plus,Yorubas have been churning out lawyers,doctors etc.Igbos' first graduate was Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1930 plus.Up till now, Yoruba still churn out the best scholars in Nigeria,Africa and the world. Assuming Yoruba have gotten 15 million scholars before you woke up to compete with them and they are still leading but not with that wide margin again,does that say that you have caught up with them?
Yoruba have highest number of doctors,lawyers,engineers etc.The ones we had before ,most are still around and Yorubas have the highest number of profs and higher institutions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari / In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog / Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Political Rallies, Worship Centres - NOA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.