Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings (37483 Views)

Obi Cubana Sues PM Express For N1billion, Says He Is Not A Drug Baron. / E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement / Autumn Spikes: Dangote Sues American Mistress For Exposing His Buttocks Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by sunboy(m): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
BafanaBafana:
why would someone live in a hotel when he can obviously rent an apartment for himself.
could it be the blood money issues we hear about in movies?
meanwhile, he has all this money and he cannot give the judge small something to do wedding for his son. And they say he is a philanthropist

Now you are part of the problem!

What obligation does he has to give the judge money for his sons wedding?

He’s being paid a salary with your tax money to do his job, why should he be bribed before he can do his job!

Philanthropist doesn’t mean he must throw away cash to every dic.k and Harry for whatever reason!

Wake up!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by sunboy(m): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
shoprite:
With between N80m - N100m he could have owned a duplex in VI/Lekki Phase 1 that will still earn him money on rents when he decides to relocate . . .employed his cooks and stewards and lived a quiet life . . .when u have so much money and don't know what to do with it. . .what u get is the Eko Hotel treatment ! undecided

Don’t judge!
You don’t know why he decided to stay in the hotel!
You don’t know how many properties he has!

Hustle your hustle so you can be busy enough to mind your business!

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by sunboy(m): 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2020
Princepioneer:
This Chief sef.. All the money used in paying for hotel suite for 6 years should have been used to build a special well furnished guest house of his own..

Don’t judge!
You don’t know why he decided to stay in the hotel!
You don’t know how many properties he has!

Hustle your hustle so you can be busy enough to mind your business!
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by sunboy(m): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2020
Amadioha02:
poverty talk. seems you didn't read the article. he is a business man. You don't host your business partners, have international conference at your home,do you?

You dey mind their mentality? They judge people too quickly before knowing their story or reasons. Even though they have no obligations to tell them the reasons for their actions.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by sunboy(m): 4:08pm On Feb 16, 2020
Okuda:

point of correction. no legal business of any man would take care of his 6years expenses in a hotel of that magnitude. you cannot ball like that on a legal source of income except you have decided to go bankrupt at one point.

Poverty talk!

Bros hustle o!
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by sunboy(m): 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2020
PassingShot:
Your properties worth N400m are being held for accusation of owing N18m, why not just pay the N18m and move on?

That's what I'd do if found in that situation. No need making trouble where I can avoid it.

Read the article boss. He wrote a check of 20m but was returned that he wasn’t owing.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Mazikic(m): 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2020
Osidazz19:
Rubbish developer story. He sounds like a fraudster to me. Too many made up fabricated stories.
The food poisoning story is a known fraudsters attempt to not pay their hits bills.
There's way more to this story than what he's stating here.

Funny guy! Don't worry, the injustice in Nigeria is enough to get to everyone. Just calm down, it will get to you sooner than later, and you will come back here to beg Nairalanders to donate money for you, Lol!!!

3 Likes

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by sunboy(m): 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2020
Jabioro:
He takes him nothing to sponsor his son wedding,with staggering 2m it will goes a long way for the wedding.Why not a house or rented apartment why would a normal fellow converted five star hotel to be his house..We are living in insane country..

Why judge the man ?

Why must he sponsor the judges wedding ?

4 Likes

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Mruwa1(m): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
6years nor be 6 months I hail u done try hope say u get ur own properties. Nor go be I was once a rich man ...

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by sunboy(m): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
Mazikic:

Funny guy! Don't worry, the injustice in Nigeria is enough to get to everyone. Just calm down, it will get to you sooner than later, and you will come back here to beg Nairalanders to donate money for you, Lol!!!

Exactly my point! That’s a judge that’s being paid with our tax money.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by asahnwaKC: 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
I guess staying in a hotel offers him maximum security.......too much money talking...
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by demefa(m): 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
Nice but as a billionaire u still have to spend money wisely
thundafire:
I know a corper who stayed at Sheraton hotel for her one year service dad was fully loaded
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2020
You paid Eko Hotels #20m Check which they returned because, according to you, you don't owe them. Then they turn around to seize your fleet of cars worth #400m because they claim you owe them #18m. Will it not be better to pay them the #18m, retrieve your properties and then sue them to recover your #18m if you really don't owe them?
This is only one side of the story and it does not make sense.
Moreover, I don't trust a Nigerian businessman that will make a very expensive hotel like Eko Hotels his permanent address, probably paying more than #200,000 every day for 6 years. Most rich Nigerians don't like paying their debts.
Just pay your debt and retrieve your cars and go and buy property for your permanent address. Stop living like a fraudster.

4 Likes

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2020
BafanaBafana:
why would someone live in a hotel when he can obviously rent an apartment for himself.
could it be the blood money issues we hear about in movies?
meanwhile, he has all this money and he cannot give the judge small something to do wedding for his son. And they say he is a philanthropist

why should he give the judge money?

imagine you're the other half of that dispute and this rich man used money to influence the judge's ruling, how would you feel?

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Okuda(m): 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2020
sunboy:

Poverty talk!

Bros hustle o!

where i am right now both physically and state of mind, the standard is so high, im most definitely sure you lots are not there. you should be the one hustling. i have a job and ive gotten to the point where i know things about money properly to tell you my words on it are facts.

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 16, 2020
executive12:
You paid Eko Hotels #20m Check which they returned because, according to you, you don't owe them. Then they turn around to seize your fleet of cars worth #400m because they claim you owe them #18m. Will it not be better to pay them the #18m, retrieve your properties and then sue them to recover your #18m if you really don't owe them?
This is only one side of the story and it does not make sense.
Moreover, I don't trust a Nigerian businessman that will make a very expensive hotel like Eko Hotels his permanent address, probably paying more than #200,000 every day for 6 years. Most rich Nigerians don't like paying their debts.
Just pay your debt and retrieve your cars and go and buy property for your permanent address. Stop living like a fraudster.

a lot of rich (and apparently legit) businessmen have lived permanently in eko hotel for decades. it's an altogether different level of flexing i find difficult to understand myself, but men have done it & they continue to do it.

6 Likes

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2020
Bashmantech:
He gave them 20m cheque while he was owing 18m. What else do they want??

Let's meet in court.

But why judge no wan hear the case??

Does that make sense? We heard one side. I'm sure the Hotel's version will be different. Most rich Nigerians don't like paying their debts.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by demefa(m): 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2020
Him don enter am, him must pay the 18m. U turn hotel to ur house, na kind people nodey lay one block for ground
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by overboard(m): 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2020
Let me drop something here...

While I agree on some level, staying at a hotel is wastage but on some level, and I say on some level, it is very convenient, thus by the pocket of the person that decides to make a hotel an abode, economical.

Take into cognizance diesel to power generators (not our kain 10 kVA o - I'm talking Mikano and the like), support staff to ensure conveniences to his taste are maintained, security concerns... Some people find it an absolute bore and since they can afford it and find it readily available, why not.

Surely, these features are obtainable in some quarters but also bear in mind he may have a horde of guests he prefers to host outside his property as it is not out of place for such a man to have tasteful real estate.

Let me not lie to you, when you are netting like a N10,000,000 and above a day on the average and very possibly legally too, most of the 'commentators' here go shift talk in support.

A one-time boss stayed at same hotel for a year on his own bill and he is into clean business...

Adenuga, on exile stayed at Burj in Dubai for months if not years on end... He would often summon his executives to meetings there and at about every 6 months call for about N300m for his bills - that was convenient for him especially security wise. Just an example.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2020
Mshad662:
No road for your state oh.

So what? Is he the State Government? Do you know his State? Do you have roads in your State?
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Beremx(f): 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2020
Amadioha02:
yeah,the international business partners will sleep in the office?
so after the meeting, the host can't take them to a hotel? Inukwa?

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
Amadioha02:
poverty talk. seems you didn't read the article. he is a business man. You don't host your business partners, have international conference at your home,do you?

Which international conference are you talking about for an importer of Doors and Wardrobes?
Even if he is hosting conferences, does he have to live permanently in a hotel?

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 4:31pm On Feb 16, 2020
thundafire:
I know a corper who stayed at Sheraton hotel for her one year service dad was fully loaded

Fully loaded, with Government money, of course. You will hardly get those with genuine source of wealth living lavishly.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by eyinola: 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
mywells:
Lavish Loud,pls can some tell me how much a suites cost at Eko hotel,356 days times 6 years,that crazy lavish lifestyle.
baba ijebu use to hv permanent suit at Eko hotel back den cant say of now and it was 90K per day as at then,he doesn't even stay thr only make use of it when he's in lagos or send his quest thr when in lagos
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by jaxxy(m): 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
This is very bad for the management of Eko hotels. Quite shocking!
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by noisy45(m): 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
shoprite:
With between N80m - N100m he could have owned a duplex in VI/Lekki Phase 1 that will still earn him money on rents when he decides to relocate . . .employed his cooks and stewards and lived a quiet life . . .when u have so much money and don't know what to do with it. . .what u get is the Eko Hotel treatment ! undecided

only if you know is money is shady and illegal. why is he staying in a hotel. He is staying in a hotel because incase anything happens or there is a manhunt for him he can easily elope or escape.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by demefa(m): 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
U have no point. How much is mikano Gen that he can't fix in his house? He can build a security team that is even stronger than that of a hotel. Or they can't murder one in Eko hotel? He can't hire his own support staff? It's all goes down to what one likes. He has no excuse
overboard:
Let me drop something here...

While I agree on some level, staying at a hotel is wastage but on some level, and I say on some level, it is very convenient, thus by the pocket of the person that decides to make a hotel an abode, economical.

Take into cognizance diesel to power generators (not our kain 10 kVA o - I'm talking Mikano and the like), support staff to ensure conveniences to his taste are maintained, security concerns... Some people find it an absolute bore and since they can afford it and find it readily available, why not.

Surely, these features are obtainable in some quarters but also bear in mind he may have a horde of guests he prefers to host outside his property as it is not out of place for such a man to have tasteful real estate.

Let me not lie to you, when you are netting like a N10,000,000 and above a day on the average and very possibly legally too, most of the 'commentators' here go shift talk in support.

A one-time boss stayed at same hotel for a year on his own bill and he is into clean business...

Adenuga, on exile stayed at Burj in Dubai for months if not years on end... He would often summon his executives to meetings there and at about every 6 months call for about N300m for his bills - that was convenient for him especially security wise. Just an example.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by OlujobaSamuel: 4:33pm On Feb 16, 2020
Okuda:

point of correction. no legal business of any man would take care of his 6years expenses in a hotel of that magnitude. you cannot ball like that on a legal source of income except you have decided to go bankrupt at one point.
All I see in the report na just boastings of non existent wealth.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2020
Amadioha02:
yeah,the international business partners will sleep in the office?

I guess Dangote, Adenuga , etc are all living in hotels, in order to host international business partners.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by shoprite: 4:37pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ennyhorlar:

You wan steal am? House for 80M?

Holler @ me when u are ready . . .might even get u something cheaper . . .was only riding on a budget that suits the Chief in question cool

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2020
Okuda:

Exactly. Don't mind all these naive ones. The man was probably making his money through inflated government contracts or some other crooked means. The source dried up and debts started piling up.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Yoighaman(m): 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2020
He must have spent just about N400M over the 6-year period, that's about $1.4M considering exchange rate fluctuations. That's chicken change to a Billionaire with constant inflow of money.

Eko Hotel should have done better than this, you don't treat such a high networth individual like that; what kind of message do they think they are passing across to other potential wealthy guests?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian / 6 Ways Your Bank Account Can Be Hacked / Shoppers Storm Onitsha Main Market For Christmas Shopping (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.