Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,565 members, 7,809,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

In Memory Of My Chow Chow Puppy - Zione - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / In Memory Of My Chow Chow Puppy - Zione (811 Views)

Mixed Breed Chow Chow Puppy Available For New Home / Super Female Chow Chow Puppy For Sale / Pure breed Female Chow Chow Puppy For cool price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Memory Of My Chow Chow Puppy - Zione by gohomeNG: 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
Zione lost her life to the deadly parvovirus today 16th of February 2020. She was born on November 29th 2019 and was growing up to be a lively, sweet and bubbly pup. I noticed she was vomiting and refusing to eat on Thursday morning, she was just drinking water. I took her to the vet and it was confirmed that she had parvo. The doctor administered some shots and drip. That's how the next 48 hrs became feverish and painful watching her go through serious pain and suffering with vomiting and diarrhoea. She lost weight till she looked like a skeleton. She was too young. We need more development in the veterinary sector in this country.

Re: In Memory Of My Chow Chow Puppy - Zione by Spanishmilf(m): 1:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
gohomeNG:
Zione lost her life to the deadly parvovirus today 16th of February 2020. She was born on November 29th 2019 and was growing up to be a lively, sweet and bubbly pup. I noticed she was vomiting and refusing to eat on Thursday morning, she was just drinking water. I took her to the vet and it was confirmed that she had parvo. The doctor administered some shots and drip. That's how the next 48 hrs became feverish and painful watching her go through serious pain and suffering with vomiting and diarrhoea. She lost weight till she looked like a skeleton. She was too young. I also got a sneak preview into the veterinary services industry in this country. It was not a good experience.
sorry man
Whatsapp me if u need another dog
Re: In Memory Of My Chow Chow Puppy - Zione by frowland(m): 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2020
gohomeNG:
Zione lost her life to the deadly parvovirus today 16th of February 2020. She was born on November 29th 2019 and was growing up to be a lively, sweet and bubbly pup. I noticed she was vomiting and refusing to eat on Thursday morning, she was just drinking water. I took her to the vet and it was confirmed that she had parvo. The doctor administered some shots and drip. That's how the next 48 hrs became feverish and painful watching her go through serious pain and suffering with vomiting and diarrhoea. She lost weight till she looked like a skeleton. She was too young. I also got a sneak preview into the veterinary services industry in this country. It was not a good experience.

Most of the times, what you call Parvo is actually a stomach bug caused my some sort of bacteria.
I bought a caucasian few months ago off a Nairalander here. Few weeks in my house and one of the Cauc started exhibiting symptoms some of you guys call Parvo --- Vomiting, stooling offensive bloody stool, and general weakness, etc.

I called a VET in to check out my observation and he told me it is Parvo that I should isolate the puppies, use hypo to wash off etc etc, bla bla bla.
I told him, I don't think so, because some week earlier one exhibited the symptoms and recovered after 2 weeks thereabouts without any useless medications. Then another started showing those signs.

What I do is very simple. I ran some stool and blood tests at Truthmiles Ikeja. I knew already it was stomach disorder due to the food they are taking (almost all indomie sold are slightly poisoned with chemicals in the name of preservation) even b4 the result came out.

I quickly went to a store, bought some local yogurt & yeast, administered ONLY yogurts for two days and they recovered.
Their are some active agents used in production of yogurts and bacterias in yeast that aid digestion and stomach reset in both man and animals.
Same is also used to manufacture Gelosil and other suspension medications for stomach troubles.

In as much as I advice getting across to a VET, many of them got no clue (One killed one of my saint bernard treating rubish - I will always regret that decision).

There is a difference between a veteranian doctor that went to school and another that learn how to give injection and automatically calls himself a vet.

2 Likes

Re: In Memory Of My Chow Chow Puppy - Zione by gohomeNG: 5:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
frowland:

Most of the times, what you call Parvo is actually a stomach bug caused my some sort of bacteria.
I bought a caucasian few months ago off a Nairalander here. Few weeks in my house and one of the Cauc started exhibiting symptoms some of you guys call Parvo --- Vomiting, stooling offensive bloody stool, and general weakness, etc.

I called a VET in to check out my observation and he told me it is Parvo that I should isolate the puppies, use hypo to wash off etc etc, bla bla bla.
I told him, I don't think so, because a week earlier one exhibited the symptoms and recovered after 2 weeks thereabouts without any useless medications. Then another started showing those signs.

What I do is very simple. I ran some stool and blood tests at Truthmiles Ikeja. I knew already it was stomach disorder due to the food they are taking (almost all indomie sold are slightly poisoned with chemicals in the name of preservation) even b4 the result came out.

I quickly went to a store, bought some local yogurt & yeast, administered ONLY yogurts for two days and they recovered.
Their are some active agents used in production of yogurts and bacterias in yeast that aid digestion and stomach reset in both man and animals.
Same is also used to manufacture Gelosil and other suspension medications for stomach troubles.

In as much as I advice getting across to a VET, many of them got no clue (One killed one of my saint bernard treating rubish - I will always regret that decision).

There is a difference between a veteranian doctor that went to school and another that learn how to give injection and automatically calls himself a vet.

Did they agree to drink the yogurt when you gave it to them and how many times had you vaccinated before they fell ill?
Re: In Memory Of My Chow Chow Puppy - Zione by frowland(m): 9:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
gohomeNG:

Did they agree to drink the yogurt when you gave it to them and how many times had you vaccinated before they fell ill?

Es of course, they will lick the plate clean. Regarding vaccine, it was just the first vaccine giving by the owner and the second it received a week or so they arrived.
Re: In Memory Of My Chow Chow Puppy - Zione by phemolala07(m): 11:14am On Feb 21, 2020
frowland:

Es of course, they will lick the plate clean. Regarding vaccine, it was just the first vaccine giving by the owner and the second it received a week or so they arrived.
Please my GSD is having the same sickness 2months three weeks old she's very slim not eating at all what can I do.thanks

(1) (Reply)

Nn / Incredibly Intelligent Behaviour Shown By Spiders, Smart, But Scary! / How Responsible Breeders Differ From Backyard Breeders And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.