Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,503 members, 7,781,533 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:23 PM

Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) (70846 Views)

Man And His Pregnant Wife Found Dead In Their Abuja Home (Photos) / Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by TheSourcerer: 9:08am On Feb 17, 2020
Lanretoye:
were they on a foreign mission in China?
grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by blackboy(m): 9:08am On Feb 17, 2020
FG bring them home but the Chinese too should help us check them before they leave and we too will check them when they arrive.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by West2019(m): 9:09am On Feb 17, 2020
come Nigeria to do.what pls stay there I beg China is better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Gee15: 9:09am On Feb 17, 2020
Sometimes you don't have to make comment because people are making comments. Have you ever sat down to thinks of the cost , safety and risk involved in bringing them back to Nigeria.
What medical facilities are available to check and quarantine them on arrival to the country.
Are you aware that at the moment there is no medically proven medicine for this virus as it's a first time it's happening to human and there is no time for trial and error method for it to work.
If you think Nigeria is bad for not bringing it's citizens back home ,browse about about this cruise ship Westerdam and see how many countries reject her entry.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Openbusiness: 9:10am On Feb 17, 2020
stanliwise:
[s]Such a heartless and insensitive statement from a typical Nigerian. later we complain of how bad our government are. Now you're in a safer Haven, just look at your callous statement just like when our politicians get power.
Let me ask you, so advanced country that prepared facilities and brought in their Citizens are stupid right? They didn't feel that those citizen left for greener pastures right? The didn't think that those people may have made terrible statement right?

Heartlessness is in our nature as a typical Nigerian, we have been treated like that So I understand your behavior. But if we can use our head better, may something could change.[/s]
This is a most unfortunate hypocritical statement that lacks any sense of critical reasoning. In case you have never heard of it, there is something called "The Greater Good", and it supersedes whatever is "good". In this case, evacuating 50 people from a highly infectious incurable virus zone is good, but NOT risking the lives of over 150 million people is the greater good. Nigeria's densely populated cities with stone age prehistoric medical facilities CANNOT survive an incurable airborne coronavirus epidemic outbreak. They should have left Wuhan sooner when it was getting clear how dangerous the virus was, even if not abroad they could have gone to other Chinese cities that were not ground zero. Now, ground zero, aka Wuhan, is already on lock down, thousands infected, their government over stretched, they say it has gotten so bad that the infected are being dumped into medical camps and left to die, hundreds of body bags daily, bodies are being incinerated and cremated because the Chinese government is now trying to cover up their pandemic crisis from the rest of the world to prevent their economy from crashing, melting down and slipping to a recession they might never recover from. Right now, they are probably infected already, or not. We don't know, but evacuation from ground zero is too late at this time. If you think that is heartless, well don't you think bringing the virus here within the shores of 180 million people is more heartless? Do you think China that put Wuhan on lockdown is stupid? Do you think Chinese officers going around arresting infected people are stupid? If they don’t do that early and fast enough, the virus will destroy their country. But since you're so kind and loving, can you find the nearest leper camp and give those lepers a hug? They have been ostracized from larger society for a similar reason. Since you're not heartless, maybe you can invite and bring some of them into your home undecided

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 17, 2020
please tell them maybe they forgot , china is better than Nigeria grin
SangoOlukosoOba:
They should stay there please.

China is far better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by kingthreat(m): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2020
Stay safe guys

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Austineva(m): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2020
Realstick941:
when the wuhan virus subsides we will bring you to nigeria and charge you with treason,that is if you are still alive(i hope so).....why will we bring you back so that we all die

us that cannot build a 100 bed hospital in 5 years mtswee
grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by maasoap(m): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2020
dawnomike:
Inasmuch as i understand the need for Nigerians to be evacuated from the province... Unfortunately, that may not be a possible as it may not be a safe move.

Nigeria government had waited too long, it's late now. When I saw our minister last week saying that no Nigerians in Wuhan was interested in coming home, I knew that the FG had resolved to leave them to their fate.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Fash20: 9:11am On Feb 17, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Did you say we were "just lucky" against Ebola If another country had done it, would you have said the same?

Alright bro, log out now. You've spewed enough poo-poo for one bloody day.

Yes we were lucky. Can't imagine what would have happened if the virus enetred the North first
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 17, 2020
Travel to another greener pastures, Nigeria is not a home is a construction home that its progress is delay by greedy Leaders...
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Austineva(m): 9:14am On Feb 17, 2020
farouk2much:
Una father make una die dia
grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by tiswell(m): 9:16am On Feb 17, 2020
yomi007k:

Will you build it , feed them , cater for them and go there to treat them?

because our government has not fully eradicated malaria, we now plan to add corona.
And who says they have the virus already
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by policy12: 9:17am On Feb 17, 2020
post=86716568:

Come on guys,
Don't be sarcastic.

Imagine if they happen to be your family members.

They should be brought home after they have been properly quarantined.

Let love lead.

Though my comment is sarcasm, but let us face the truth do u think even their family members will want them to come back now? Me and you know that naija govt can't put effort the way this Chinese govt are doing their best to see that the virus is been defeated.

China that built an hospital for this virus within two weeks, have not put bib the bud is it naija that will build hospital for 10yrs u want them to come?

I understand they are Nigerian's and I love them for that but I will love them to stay where they can get the best hand and latest facilities for their treatment not naija biko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 17, 2020
Colorado1:

Oga dis one no be air peace matter o
Dis one pass air peace power

Shey na air peace go build quarantine centers
Shey na air peace go provides experienced doctors to do the quarantine?
Shey na air peace go keep dem, take care of them and feed them for the 14 days quarantine period??
That idiot that you quoted has no sense.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 9:18am On Feb 17, 2020
stanliwise:
The opposite of being empathetic is not heartlessness..
You statements was born out of pure rejoice of the fall of those you feel have taken the decision you didn't.

I fully understand the complexity of bringing them back, it is fine if we can't bring them back because we don't have medical facility yet.
But does this lead us to the path we start digging up past of how they left the country for greener pasture.
Remember this are just men looking for what to eat, they are not terrorists or rebel who has mastermind destruction for Nigeria, They left to look for daily bread, you can't start to bring them stones because they made a choice of survival in the past.
If hospital and lack of medical facility is what is stopping us. why lets not swallow our pride and accept our pathetic failures as a country and start putting them in place and maybe we can save some when things are fully in place.
INSTEAD OF MAKING REJOICING AND ARROGANT COMMENTS ABOUT HOW THEY LEFT OUR FAILING COUNTRY FOR A GREENER PASTURE.

I don't deny that I took aim at specific individuals who constantly and consistently denigrate their country at every opportunity they get once they get a chance to cross the borders... Neither do I or will I take it back or feel remorse about that. cool

If you choose to deliberately confuse or mistake that with what you wrote in bold above, then I can't help your poor ability to comprehend simple English, or your choice to read meanings where there are none.

I am quite chuffed that in the midst of all your rant, we still meet at the common ground of this nation's current unpreparedness to bring in migrants from China, especially Wuhan.

Brother, I am honestly not your problem this morning, not even close... Believe it or not, I'm equally as dismayed as any sensible person, with the poor state of our health sector especially in the face of an epidemic of global proportions.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Austineva(m): 9:18am On Feb 17, 2020
donaldde2:
Bad belle, shout up dia...
grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by maasoap(m): 9:19am On Feb 17, 2020
stanliwise:
Such a heartless and insensitive statement from a typical Nigerian. later we complain of how bad our government are. Now you're in a safer Haven, just look at your callous statement just like when our politicians get power.
Let me ask you, so advanced country that prepared facilities and brought in their Citizens are stupid right? They didn't feel that those citizen left for greener pastures right? The didn't think that those people may have made terrible statement right?

Heartlessness is in our nature as a typical Nigerian, we have been treated like that So I understand your behavior. But if we can use our head better, may something could change.

My man, it's too late for evacuation, let's face the truth. Even Chinese government has locked down that state for now, that's to tell you how dangerous the situation is. This is not being heartless, it's being known what is at stake.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Horus(m): 9:20am On Feb 17, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gqEmUhCDVI

Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home"
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 9:21am On Feb 17, 2020
Openbusiness:

This is a most unfortunate hypocritical statement that lacks any sense of critical reasoning. In case you have never heard of it, there is something called "The Greater Good", and it supersedes whatever is "good". In this case, evacuating 50 people from a highly infectious incurable virus zone is good, but NOT risking the lives of over 150 million people is the greater good. Nigeria's densely populated cities with stone age prehistoric medical facilities CANNOT survive an incurable airborne coronavirus epidemic outbreak. They should have left Wuhan sooner when it was getting clear how dangerous the virus was, even if not abroad they could have gone to other Chinese cities that were not ground zero. Now, ground zero, aka Wuhan, is already on lock down, thousands infected, their government over stretched, they say it has gotten so bad that the infected are being dumped into medical camps and left to die, hundreds of body bags daily, bodies are being incinerated and cremated because the Chinese government is now trying to cover up their pandemic crisis from the rest of the world to prevent their economy from crashing, melting down and slipping to a recession they might never recover from. Right now, they are probably infected already, or not. We don't know, but evacuation from ground zero is too late at this time. If you think that is heartless, well don't you think bringing the virus here within the shores of 180 million people is more heartless? Do you think China that put Wuhan on lockdown is stupid? Do you think Chinese officers going around arresting infected people are stupid? If they don’t do that early and fast enough, the virus will destroy their country. But since you're so kind and loving, can you find the nearest leper camp and give those lepers a hug? They have been ostracized from larger society for a similar reason. Since you're not heartless, maybe you can invite and bring some of them into your home undecided
Your overly conclusive mindset has not helped your long epistle, I haven't said they should be brought in back with our poor facilities, i have only stated that we can't make insensitive statement and make mockery of them because we are in a safer place. Many statement are just born out of jealousy, because many feel they went for greener pasture, their conclusion is that their cry should fall on deaf ears.
My own part.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 9:22am On Feb 17, 2020
stanliwise:
Such a heartless and insensitive statement from a typical Nigerian. later we complain of how bad our government are. Now you're in a safer Haven, just look at your callous statement just like when our politicians get power.

Heartlessness is in our nature as a typical Nigerian, we have been treated like that So I understand your behavior. But if we can use our head better, may something could change.
Make sure you indicate interest when volunteers are called there else you are another hypocrite angry
During Ebola, the few quarantined ones were taking to their heels thereby, endangering the lives of others. One ran to Aba claiming to wish to die surrounded by relatives.
These ones here may not have the virus but leaving their houses for the airport and all...What's the assurance they won't get it alongside their rescuers
Show me a quarantine facility for them here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 9:25am On Feb 17, 2020
AuroraB:
Make sure you indicate interest when volunteers are called there else you are another hypocrite angry
During Ebola, the few quarantined ones were taking to their heels thereby, endangering the lives of others. One ran to Aba claiming to wish to die surrounded by relatives.
These ones here may not have the virus but leaving their houses for the airport and all...What's the assurance they won't get it alongside their rescuers
Show me a quarantine facility for them here
Did I ever conclude they should be brought in without any medical facility? My intention with my statement is that they shouldn't be ignored as most Nigerian have concluded simply because they went to china with their own legs, it could be anyone. There is nothing stopping us from building a five start containment and laboratory. Rather we find justifications to abandon everything and fold our hands.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by maasoap(m): 9:26am On Feb 17, 2020
sinkhole:
Many people in this country are dafts!
Last time, a minister was offering some useless sum of money to those who could find a cure for CoDIV-19.
How can somebody find a cure to what you don't know?
Americans are evacuating their sick and infected people from China, is it only because they have high tech?
By getting the infected people, America could then lay their hands directly on the virus, keep a sample of it and continue working on it directly!
Britain, Japan, etc are evacuating their infected people not only because they have high tech but because that is an easy way to have direct access to the virus!

Haa, and you thought Nigerian government really wanted to have access to corona virus for experimentation just because they announced 36 million naira?
A single infected person is all it requires for the mass deaths to start. My fear is even the Nigerian patients themselves, they would rather want to be with their family if they suspect the infection tgan reporting themselves to the quarantine and isolation units.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:26am On Feb 17, 2020
policy12:

Though my comment is sarcasm, but let us face the truth do u think even their family members will want them to come back now? Me and you know that naija govt can't put effort the way this Chinese govt are doing their best to see that the virus is been defeated.

China that built an hospital for this virus within two weeks, have not put bib the bud is it naija that will build hospital for 10yrs u want them to come?

I understand they are Nigerian's and I love them for that but I will love them to stay where they can get the best hand and latest facilities for their treatment not naija biko.
Okay, we understand your points better now.
You are making a lot of sense here.
You are a wise man.
Points noted.
Thanks.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 17, 2020
Did y'all seek our validation when you intended traveling to China?..... Pls lick your wounds and hope on your imaginary God to save you

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by PHijo(m): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Coronavirus update:

The Coronavirus cases have risen to over 17000 infections in total with 21,588 in mainland China. It should be noted too that over 361 persons have died.

Over 60 Nigerians are trapped in Wuhan the epicentre of the of the out break.

Nigerians in wuhan China needs help from Nigeria government as they carry their placards bearing ....Bring Us Home, Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan China

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1322358371281240&id=1026170987566648

That is the price you pay for change!

I can remember when GEJ/ Ajumbogobia were in charge. Nigerians were evacuated from places like Libya and CAR. Every citizen mattered but evil people told all sorts of lies in their bid to grab power.

Other countries evacuated their citizens, saying it is not safe to do that is a half truth.

Under GEJ we were able to contain Ebola. Professor Onyebuchi was on top of his game.

If they can't be evacuated what provisions have been made for their upkeep? None!

This government is the worst in Nigeria's near 6 decades history.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Purifychy(f): 9:28am On Feb 17, 2020
Which home? You guys are wicked for asking such a thing, do you want everybody to die. Abeg oo lead us not into temptation is different from deliver us from all evil/diseases.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Austineva(m): 9:28am On Feb 17, 2020
prekumohtim:

Which home? You better remain there. Carry that your coronavirus remain there o. Our medical team can't handle it. Lasal fever is killing them let alone coronavirus
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by omoadeleye(m): 9:29am On Feb 17, 2020
Our prayers and thoughts are with you people, we know it's hard over there but this is the time to stay strong... Just stay strong over there in China... We can't afford to bring you back home for now, at least you people know what's on ground before traveling to China, so try and understand... A pigeon does live, wine and dine with a house owner and later want to run away when it's time for death... Just stay strong my people... We can't afford to bring you back home for now...

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Abuventure: 9:30am On Feb 17, 2020
Lanretoye:
were they on a foreign mission in China?
Were Americans that were repatriated by American government on a mission?? A Nigerian is a Nigerian even in diaspora.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 17, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
They should stay there please.

China is far better than Nigeria
Can you say that if your mother or any of your family member is trapped there
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) by UnimkeAk(m): 9:31am On Feb 17, 2020
Bola146:

Exactly... who will volunteer him or herself grin grin
We handled Ebola

Wtf
I hate the fact that am Nigerian

Quarantine facilities should be built immediately the they should be evacuated..

It sucks being a Nigeriab

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Christabel Dies After Plastic Surgery, Friends Confront Doctor (Video) / To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use? / Total And Complete Cure For Stapylococcus Aureus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.