Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Top & Best Investing Tips - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Top & Best Investing Tips (655 Views)

What’s The Best Investing Advice You’ve Ever Received? / Stock Investing Tips / Five Investing Tips That Made Aliko Dangote Richer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top & Best Investing Tips by StacyAllen11: 6:51am On Feb 17, 2020
We would have broken a family business. I ended up with a runt branch, and I needed to invest some cash. I dreamed riches. Reality has had a lot more shocks.

I read some of the popular magazines about finance. Selected several mutual funds which were recommended. Thought, "Hey, it's facile. I am going to be rich. Quick. "I consulted with my father, a successful entrepreneur. "Don't invest in the stock market," he told me. You're only going to lose money.' He's an expert. He'd proved the counsel over and over again.

I have not listened to him, as usual. I called a friend of the broker to buy.

He did. He did. The business has stepped up. I was thrilled when I read my statement ending the month.

I said to myself, "Wow! I'm just one genius. Maybe I'll be leaving my day job and becoming a doctor. "The business burped for about 30 days. Then, they gagged. Then he threw in.

My investments plummeted. Things from my dad came back to haunt me. And again and again, like a scratched record. Just like a few other moments when I grew up.

One morning from my desk, I called the broker, "Sell! Nothing! Now it's time!"I said I was forcing myself to remain consistent.

"And what? Why? For what?"He was asking.

"Because I'm no longer going to lose! I can't afford that,' I replied.

"It is just a fluctuation for the moment. Ride them out. It is going to be fine." "No! Check me out!"He's done it. I felt really relieved. He stopped bleeding.

The economy turned back up a month later. Blew where I'd ordered. Came on to new heights.

I said, "What a stupid ass I am." By the way, I wouldn't have done this the first time.

Yet I did have a dream as well. I always needed the cash to invest. Only this time before jumping I was going to be teaching myself first.

I know. I know. I know. I am a coach.

Also check: BOI Net Banking

So I've been chilling for some year. Reading books, attending seminars, and learning to invest in property.

Bought a tiny home tract. Had leased it. Bought yet another one.

Then I also learnt to invest in stocks. Any money invested. Waiting to fail. Instead, it went up. Holding on spending more.

Lastly, I came to a place where I started my financial consulting practice to do what I had done personally professionally.

Twenty years later we established a net worth that I had never even expected, frankly.

I have made mistakes along the way, for sure. But I have learned from them, kept them minimal, made them not twice. Then they kept building.

Oh, and I thought a few times, "What a stupid ass I am." By the way, I wouldn't have thought this the first time.

Do read: CUB Net Banking

If you learn before leap, you'll build wealth best.

(1) (Reply)

Ongoing Project For Sale!!! / Get Download Links Of All Udemy Courses For A Token / Protect Yourself From Scammers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.