Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos (104196 Views)

Land For Sale At AGBARA, Along Badagry Expressway Lagos State Nigeria / Self Contain Room And Parlour For Rent @ Mowo Along Badagry Express Way Lagos / Land At Okoafo Along Badagry Express Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 10:57am On Feb 22, 2020
ejanla077:

I thought as much....
Left that area long time....I no follow abeg/
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Beremx(f): 11:30am On Feb 22, 2020
Front my home, I can sight the building. It's a very tall building that can be sighted from some parts of Lagos especially from Ojo, Alimosho and Amuwo Odofin.

4 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by ejanla077: 11:31am On Feb 22, 2020
Beremx:
Front my home, I can sight the building. It's a very tall building that can be sighted from some parts of Lagos especially from Ojo, Alimosho and Amuwo Odofin.

Wetin dis one dey talk. How can u sight dis from amuwo odofin. Its not like its 100 storey.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Guestlander: 12:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
The old federal secretariat is in the same shape. Such a waste

5 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Smile4me01(m): 1:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
money121:
Just imagine but why cry cry
very solid structures wasted for nothing a tale of mystery everywhere in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by drey076(m): 9:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
Those useless SARS knows the hideout of criminals but they would go after the innocent citizens. Coward set

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Antichristus: 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2020
fergie001:
Back of my house....you can navigate through Ketu or Bayuf sef.......

That place na egbo HQs, Ojo/Badagry branch..

Armed robbers HQ-annex Ojo/Badagry/Amuwo-Odofin branch.

No wonder. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2020
Antichristus:

No wonder. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
U no well ooooo grin

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Another abandoned project

2 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by LongThickPenis(m): 9:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
I attended FGC Ijanikin. During our annual Era mini marathon, we run past the building. Back then in the 90s we observed, the building is sinking. When I last passed there, I noticed some windows were on sand level to show extent of sinking. Money was wasted. I don't think proper soil tests were done

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by aspirebig: 9:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
This one dey learn.

Go to DSC , Delta Steel Company Aladja and see the real waste there. You will cry for Nigeria

Abi i na the plenty abandoned railway projects, or the abandoned old projects of the opposition party across different states and plenty abandoned white elephant projects in Abuja.

Is well o.

A government that lacks vision,also lacks continuity. Nobody want to complete previous administration project, not even those from the same political party.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by CsRockefeller(m): 9:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
Otuegbe:
See free accommodation

There's quite a few at Ikoyi too.

6 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 9:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
Beremx:

So you live not far from me?

E don happen......
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by hadelany(m): 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
This building have been catching my attention since when I was a kid..

It moves as you move �.. Only badagry people will understand

One thing I don't know is what the building is and it's used for

12 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by thomas212: 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
This is Abacha's uncompleted house

2 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
Beremx:

So you live not far from me?

E don happen......

You can't sight from Okoko, Iyana-Isashi...Alimosho or Amuwo is far.

Easily seen from Era, Bayuf, Ketu...and its environs.

7 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by efilefun(m): 9:47pm On Feb 22, 2020
fergie001:

They know guys for area now.....some of them attended the same school with me...grew up playing football together etc....

But that place is a den of everything negative. Anybody you see entering that side, male or female is not responsible.

The last time I went to that building was 2015 when I went to shoot a video there... from 1st floor to like 3rd floor... na to dey jump shiiiit then after that you will see different cult group drawing their logo and slogans on the wall... oboi we had to rent some soldiers before we were allowed to shoot the video. That place na war zone

13 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 9:48pm On Feb 22, 2020
efilefun:

The last time I went to that building was 2015 when I went to shoot a video there... from 1st floor to like 3rd floor... na to dey jump shiiiit then after that you will see different cult group drawing their logo and slogans on the wall... oboi we had to rent some soldiers before we were allowed to shoot the video. That place na war zone

Na so nah....
Phyno shot one of his videos there.....many many years ago..when he was a rookie.

It's more calmer now than it used to be before.

3 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by TruthFM(m): 9:51pm On Feb 22, 2020
Esthered:
That was the landmark when I'm getting close to my alma mater FGCL Ijanikin before seeing the great 'Waterworks' grin

Just what was in my head. I cannot forget this building because once sighted all the joy of the holiday suddenly vanishes and you are overfill with fear of returning to the Maximum security Prison ( FGCL). I'm talking way back from 99. Just crazy they this building is still wasting away.

6 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Gogetta(m): 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
LongThickPenis:
I attended FGC Ijanikin. During our annual Era mini marathon, we run past the building. Back then in the 90s we observed, the building is sinking. When I last passed there, I noticed some windows were on sand level to show extent of sinking. Money was wasted. I don't think proper soil tests were done
Yes, Era race! Back then in FGCL1997/1998 we past the building during the marathon. So many eerie tales about it that got me spooked as a boy. So it's still there..smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by NwaOhafia: 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
fergie001:

They know guys for area now.....some of them attended the same school with me...grew up playing football together etc....

But that place is a den of everything negative. Anybody you see entering that side, male or female is not responsible.
You Sabi the place wey. I cover the MTN mast around all those area and do pass there. The kind of pple I see there is not encouraging

3 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Omoluabi16(m): 9:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
fergie001:
Back of my house....you can navigate through Ketu or Bayuf sef.......

That place na egbo HQs, Ojo/Badagry branch..

Armed robbers HQ-annex Ojo/Badagry/Amuwo-Odofin branch.

It was suppose to be the HEADQUARTERS of the National Social Insurance Trust Fund, NSITF (formerly, National Provident Fund) and was envisaged by Olusegun Obasanjo in 1979 when he was military head of state.

Our wasteful state as usual has left a building of over 18 floors to waste.

Coming towards Okokomaiko, close to the Police Station....there is another abandoned DSS signal mini- barracks that has been there.....grasses have covered the houses sef....just a waste.

Abokis now sell their rams at the entrance.......

Country weak person abeg!
When I moved into that environ some years back, sighting the building from a distance captivated me. Curiosity made me trace it, only to see it's a ruin. Imagine converting that place to a hostel for AOCOED students or a low cost housing scheme. But before you know it, both state and federal government will begin to bicker over it's ownership. The building has a spectacular design still.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Oovi5(f): 9:57pm On Feb 22, 2020
We call it "Ile Nla" they do all sorts of things there! I can't pass there at night even if you give me 50k

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by ibinaboonline: 9:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
Very similar to the one at water side, aba. Also wasted.

3 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by ahamonyeka(m): 9:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
the day I want to iyana era abule I ask about this magnificent building somebody told me is one of MKO Abiola's property.

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
NwaOhafia:

You Sabi the place wey. I cover the MTN mast around all those area and do pass there. The kind of pple I see there is not encouraging
Hahahahahahaha.....that area no follow....it's a den of everything not good.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 10:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
Omoluabi16:
When I moved into that environ some years back, sighting the building from a distance captivated me. Curiosity made me trace it, only to see it's a ruin. Imagine converting that place to a hostel for AOCOED students or a low cost housing scheme. But before you know it, both state and federal government will begin to bicker over it's ownership. The building has a spectacular design still.
That's it.....
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
aspirebig:
This one dey learn.

Go to DSC , Delta Steel Company Aladja and see the real waste there. You will cry for Nigeria

Abi i na the plenty abandoned railway projects, or the abandoned old projects of the opposition party across different states and plenty abandoned white elephant projects in Abuja.

Is well o.

A government that lacks vision,also lacks continuity. Nobody want to complete previous administration project, not even those from the same political party.

Kai! U just stoked some memories. Attended School 3 and THS. Back in the day they used to Sweep DSC roads. During the era of the very great Tachia Jooji. Went there recently and I was shocked to my bone marrow

5 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Born2Breed(f): 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
I've seen this building once.

The worst are those ones at Ikoyi, seeing those daily reminds one how this nation has failed itself.

Monuments to waste.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by jamalchance(m): 10:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
Lagos island and ikoyi are also littered with buildings in this state

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by pulsa(m): 10:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
Oovi5:
We call it "Ile Nla" they do all sorts of things there! I can't pass there at night even if you give me 50k
Fear fear fine girl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal / Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.