Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos (104232 Views)

Land For Sale At AGBARA, Along Badagry Expressway Lagos State Nigeria / 2 Or 3 Plots Of Land Urgently Needed Along Badagry Express From Orile To Alakija / Self Contain Room And Parlour For Rent @ Mowo Along Badagry Express Way Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by entreprelaptop(m): 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
I know there so well I'm planning of visiting there tomorrow for training and workout...indeed it's an abandoned projects..I think a lot happen there as well
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Oovi5(f): 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
pulsa:
Fear fear fine girl
thank you

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by readone1(m): 10:12pm On Feb 22, 2020
I have known this building for over 25 years, while I was growing up in ilogbo Elegba, the story back then was that it belong to MKO Abiola

I saw the edifice recently when I visited ilogbo enroute iyana era

This asset is just wasting away, I hope the owner will make good use of it

money121:
THIS BUILDING, LOCATED AT IYANA ERA, ALONG BADAGRY EXPRESSWAY, IJANIKIN, LAGOS STATE.

The edifice is sitting on approx 2 acres of land. Filled with area boyz who has turned the place to home. A lot of atrocities happening from drugs, rape, fights e.t.c. WHY IS GOVERNMENT SO INSENSITIVE TO THIS??

Report has it that the building has been there for long, and there's even a National Post Graduate Medical College, Foreign Affairs Academy, Federal Government College, Ijanikin, and DSS Quaters, close to it.

How on earth will such asset waste away?
Coupled with the fact that it is a den of criminal activities.

Can our government, Federal, State and Local government get interested in every property in Nigeria?

Please, be kind to draw the attention of appropriate agency and government officials to this, also similar ones nationwide.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2020
money121:
THIS BUILDING, LOCATED AT IYANA ERA, ALONG BADAGRY EXPRESSWAY, IJANIKIN, LAGOS STATE.

The edifice is sitting on approx 2 acres of land. Filled with area boyz who has turned the place to home. A lot of atrocities happening from drugs, rape, fights e.t.c. WHY IS GOVERNMENT SO INSENSITIVE TO THIS??

Report has it that the building has been there for long, and there's even a National Post Graduate Medical College, Foreign Affairs Academy, Federal Government College, Ijanikin, and DSS Quaters, close to it.

Can our government, Federal, State and Local government get interested in every property in Nigeria?

Please, be kind to draw the attention of appropriate agency and government officials to this, also similar ones nationwide.
I admire the building whenever I drive to Badagry.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by illicit(m): 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2020
been in this building once... cult insignias abound inside it
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Didi2d(m): 10:15pm On Feb 22, 2020
Oovi5:
We call it "Ile Nla" they do all sorts of things there! I can't pass there at night even if you give me 50k

Finally, I have a nairalander that stays close
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by StPete: 10:16pm On Feb 22, 2020
This building was known to belong to MKO. Not any far from Era. The govt should kindly come and reclaim this piece of edifice
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by greyce: 10:17pm On Feb 22, 2020
Esthered:
That was the landmark when I'm getting close to my alma mater FGCL Ijanikin before seeing the great 'Waterworks' grin

Same here angry The great "builders of bridges, across young minds" cool

I used to feel like the building was following me while in a vehicle

8 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Oovi5(f): 10:19pm On Feb 22, 2020
Didi2d:

Finally, I have a nairalander that stays close
lol,where exactly do you stay in that neighborhood?
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Sakobaba(m): 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
Na my hoood be this for abule /adaloko side.i have known this building since 1996. Lots of negative things use to happen there. If u fit pass the place for night e mean say na 3 life u get be that.

3 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by eddycliff(m): 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
money121:

This building can be sold to foreign real estate investors and watch how they will turn it into sometin useful maybe an apartment building or condo
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by bizzibodi(m): 10:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
That building is a landmark,i hav gone to look at it,wonder who waste such money sand,cement & other resources on an elephant project.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by UnusualJhay(m): 10:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
This one time my dad heard i went close to the entrance, walai, I slept outside grin angry grin grin

Forget, that place big!!!!!... better organisation fii thrive there

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by blessedlibra: 10:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
Was this not the same building used in xmen? Who remember the scene that was shot in Lagos then?

9 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Obiagu01: 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2020
fergie001:
Back of my house....you can navigate through Ketu or Bayuf sef.......

That place na egbo HQs, Ojo/Badagry branch..

Armed robbers HQ-annex Ojo/Badagry/Amuwo-Odofin branch.

It was suppose to be the HEADQUARTERS of the National Social Insurance Trust Fund, NSITF (formerly, National Provident Fund) and was envisaged by Olusegun Obasanjo in 1979 when he was military head of state.

Our wasteful state as usual has left a building of over 18 floors to waste.

Coming towards Okokomaiko, close to the Police Station....there is another abandoned DSS signal mini- barracks that has been there.....grasses have covered the houses sef....just a waste.

Abokis now sell their rams at the entrance.......

Country weak person abeg!

Isn't this tall building close to afromedia.

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by 3Ceagle(m): 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2020
This is part of the decay and directionless leadership we have in this country. This building is an edifice, if completed would have helped to open up that area. I remember passing through the compound many years back. The place was like a community of it own, a criminal den, surrounded by bushes. This is the same fate suffered by the old national secretariat at Ikoyi.
It's unfortunate that even the state government abandoned that axis, we have seen Epe and Ikorodu opened up, when will Lagos state government direct infrastructural investment towards Badagry. That axis has huge potential to Lagos state government, considering the fact that 2 huge trading centers; Alaba International Market and International trade fair complex are situated there, this trading centers attract people from all over West Africa.

3 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Farki: 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
but those mods are very active when it comes to bans cheesy lots of people can testify..as for lalasticlala ,him na active snake mode..but as we don call am for here , na private jet lala go carry reach here soon

They will occasionally remove comments but so many troublemakers are busy making stupid comments with their accounts still active.

Sometimes I feel the mods are purposely moving controversial topics and ads to the front page just to get a reaction out of users.

3 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Maroghene(m): 10:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
Beremx:
Front my home, I can sight the building. It's a very tall building that can be sighted from some parts of Lagos especially from Ojo, Alimosho and Amuwo Odofin.

Please let's be friends so I could have someone to visit when I visit Ojo from my village during the Easter.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Obiagu01: 10:26pm On Feb 22, 2020
money121:

The first time I visited Lagos,I used to go play basketball there.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by tunjijones(m): 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
fergie001:

They know guys for area now.....some of them attended the same school with me...grew up playing football together etc....

But that place is a den of everything negative. Anybody you see entering that side, male or female is not responsible.

Dats not true. I go there to play basket ball. The building is not 18 floor, its actually 27 floors. Have gone to the top floor severally.

The only atrocities I one of the place is that OPC use to kill people in the place. It was there torture house. Thats wen opc was still reigning in Lagos. More than 15 yrs ago.

4 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
Obiagu01:

Isn't this tall building close to afromedia.
I don't think you can see it from Afromedia.

But Afromedia to Era....is not very far.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by pulsa(m): 10:31pm On Feb 22, 2020
Oovi5:
thank you
wink
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 10:31pm On Feb 22, 2020
tunjijones:

Dats not true. I go there to play basket ball. The building is not 18 floor, its actually 27 floors. Have gone to the top floor severally.

The only atrocities I one of the place is that OPC use to kill people in the place. It was there torture house. Thats wen opc was still reigning in Lagos. More than 15 yrs ago.
I don't know where you saw 18 floors in what you quoted oooo......

I said MORE THAN 18 floors.....moreover I left there a few years ago.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by guiddoti: 10:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
They should convert the edifice to technical college.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by blacq2009(m): 10:42pm On Feb 22, 2020
busky101:
Not far from my place of abode. Am glad someone brought this to NL... Our Government and negligence
Fergie, your neighbor dey here ooh
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Femich18(m): 10:48pm On Feb 22, 2020
fergie001:

So you live not far from me?

E don happen......

You can't sight from Okoko, Iyana-Isashi...Alimosho or Amuwo is far.

Easily seen from Era, Bayuf, Ketu...and its environs.

Who says you can't sight it from Okoko, Iyana Isashi and even Iba? Something that you can sight from Igando sef

4 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 10:51pm On Feb 22, 2020
Femich18:

Who says you can't sight it from Okoko, Iyana Isashi and even Iba? Something that you can sight from Igando sef

Tell me the part of OKOKOMAIKO you will sight it from?..

Unless you are talking about Ajangbadi, etegbin and co.

From Okoko where?
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 10:52pm On Feb 22, 2020
blacq2009:

Fergie, your neighbor dey here ooh
grin grin grin
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Nehe007(m): 10:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
When I came to Lagos in 2016 I was so surprised to see a huge building like this that is uncompleted,I imagined many things in my mind like maybe the contractor missed it at a point on the building and there was nothing to do but to leave it that way.i never knew it was a government property,hmm,later now they will go to world bank to borrow money that the next 17th generation cannot pay.God help us oooo����

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Femich18(m): 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
fergie001:

Tell me the part of OKOKOMAIKO you will sight it from?..

Unless you are talking about Ajangbadi, etegbin and co.

From Okoko where?

From police station, Doyin bus stop you will see it. Okoko is even close. I'm in Isashi in my father's house for the weekend and I can see it from here. If you have good vision you will sight it from Igando. Just look in the direction of the building and you ll sight it

2 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Terminal1805: 11:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
ejanla077:

U sure say u no dey thr like this?
hahahahahahabbababa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal / Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.