Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,098 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos (104188 Views)

Land For Sale At AGBARA, Along Badagry Expressway Lagos State Nigeria / Self Contain Room And Parlour For Rent @ Mowo Along Badagry Express Way Lagos / Land At Okoafo Along Badagry Express Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by GEEBITE: 5:25am On Feb 23, 2020
Your points are valid.But as they say variety is the spice of life.
Ishilove:

If he is catching fun with this kind of username then how do we expect the millennials to act? Aren't we supposed to be a good example? Of all the funny usernames to choose from, it is oloko thick and long he chose; a username he can't proudly share in public if perchance he is asked for his social media accounts.

He is a marlian.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Empiree: 5:27am On Feb 23, 2020
anonimi:

Are you alright if you are comparing NYC to Lagos?
Did you read the first page of this thread to see that we don't know the owner of the abandoned building?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3778862_3753971img20160422112948editpng3cad72e260c16d7700ac7dfce1f527f5_pnge1f97e77566337e6f01ffc44472ae367
There are those who understood my message. It is absolutely okay if you dont understand.

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by daluvdr: 5:53am On Feb 23, 2020
Esthered:
That was the landmark when I'm getting close to my alma mater FGCL Ijanikin before seeing the great 'Waterworks' grin
IJ BOYS for life, what year did you finish? I finished in 2004
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Kudducini(m): 6:10am On Feb 23, 2020
That building ILE NLA As it it fondly called is in my area ADALOKO iyana era, there has not been any news about rape or den of criminals about this place stop making rumour about the building just to promote ur blog.. The only news about it is just that the MARLIANS In our area has turned it to where they hang out and have fun... PS We'll be playing on the field this sunday come and be entertained
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Kudducini(m): 6:16am On Feb 23, 2020
LibertyRep:
What a waste!

How can such an edifice be left to rot away?

Thanks OP for bringing this to the public.
Not really a waste tho... We have a field there and some of our super eagles player was picked there E.G SAMUEL CHUKWUEZE And some are playing for other teams
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Kudducini(m): 6:18am On Feb 23, 2020
NoToPile:
Ile nla.

When the govt remembers this place plenty houses will go, people have built on the surrounding land.

Back in the early 2000s it was an unwritten rule never to pass there in the evening, seems its safer now. Not much gory stories as before.
I can now pass there peacefully even @ 12 midnight
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by sulaak(m): 6:29am On Feb 23, 2020
Eteka1:
Hmmm. It seems a very solid structure.
Very solid structure that can easily be reclaimed and turned into housing or a hotel. This is where the Lagos government should be lobbying the Federal government.

Home Markets Economy Banking & Finance Technology Impact Investing Opinion More
HomeReal EstateTime to take wasting Federal Secretariat Ikoyi to ‘next level’
REAL ESTATE
Time to take wasting Federal Secretariat Ikoyi to ‘next level’

Federal Secretariat Ikoyi

After over three decades of wasting away, serving no purpose other than sitting on prime land in a prime location, time has come for the old Federal Secretariat in Ikoyi, Lagos, to be taken to the next level in line with President Muhammadu Buhari administration’s ‘next level’ agenda.

A national monument, in its own right, the federal secretariat represents a colossal waste in the midst of scarcity and want. It is one of the ‘dead assets’ in Nigeria that makes the need and call for land and property ownership reform in the country not only imperative but also urgent.

Nigeria has a rigid traditional land tenure system that hampers full-scale economic activities on land. This system is the reason for the country’s low industrialisation, housing development, agriculture, and other economic and productive activities that lead to the improved standard of living, job creation and economic growth.

The same rigid land tenure system is the reason for the huge waste the federal secretariat in Lagos has become just like other national monuments scattered all over the country.

The secretariat, which provided office space for federal civil servants while Lagos served as the federal capital, was part of the Federal Government’s properties in Lagos that was offloaded into the property market between 2003 and 2006 by the Olusegun Obasanjo administration in the country.

2 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by sulaak(m): 6:35am On Feb 23, 2020
Empiree:
Be patient. It is not peculiar to have abandoned project like this in mega city, Even as big as New York City is, there are few abandoned mansions nearby covered with weed. Sometimes some of the buildings have controversial owners or insurance/title issue. As sophisticated as NYC is, they don't know owner of some of the buildings.

ediot! Because the White man fails we must also fail.

Why do Nigerian always compare themselves to white men failure, why not compare themselves to his success. Start with silicon valley and Lagos computer village

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by money121(m): 6:39am On Feb 23, 2020
Femich18:

From police station, Doyin bus stop you will see it. Okoko is even close. I'm in Isashi in my father's house for the weekend and I can see it from here. If you have good vision you will sight it from Igando. Just look in the direction of the building and you ll sight it
Igando bawo
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by bukatyne(f): 6:43am On Feb 23, 2020
Esthered:
That was the landmark when I'm getting close to my alma mater FGCL Ijanikin before seeing the great 'Waterworks' grin

You went to I. J., nice.

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by bukatyne(f): 6:46am On Feb 23, 2020
LongThickPenis:
I attended FGC Ijanikin. During our annual Era mini marathon, we run past the building. Back then in the 90s we observed, the building is sinking. When I last passed there, I noticed some windows were on sand level to show extent of sinking. Money was wasted. I don't think proper soil tests were done

See my seniors o!

Era race then.

I. J. for life!

4 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by bukatyne(f): 6:50am On Feb 23, 2020
TruthFM:

Just what was in my head. I cannot forget this building because once sighted all the joy of the holiday suddenly vanishes and you are overfill with fear of returning to the Maximum security Prison ( FGCL). I'm talking way back from 99. Just crazy they this building is still wasting away.

Awwwwww,

I. J. was not a prison nau cheesy
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by bukatyne(f): 6:51am On Feb 23, 2020
Gogetta:
Yes, Era race! Back then in FGCL1997/1998 we past the building during the marathon. So many eerie tales about it that got me spooked as a boy. So it's still there..smh

See my people smiley
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by bukatyne(f): 6:53am On Feb 23, 2020
greyce:

Same here angry The great "builders of bridges, across young minds" cool

I used to feel like the building was following me while in a vehicle

And waterworks abi grin

Went to Badagry in 2018 and the road in front of the gate is a mess.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:
Back of my house....you can navigate through Ketu or Bayuf sef.......

That place na egbo HQs, Ojo/Badagry branch..

Armed robbers HQ-annex Ojo/Badagry/Amuwo-Odofin branch.

It was suppose to be the HEADQUARTERS of the National Social Insurance Trust Fund, NSITF (formerly, National Provident Fund) and was envisaged by Olusegun Obasanjo in 1979 when he was military head of state.

Our wasteful state as usual has left a building of over 18 floors to waste.

Coming towards Okokomaiko, close to the Police Station....there is another abandoned DSS signal mini- barracks that has been there.....grasses have covered the houses sef....just a waste.

Abokis now sell their rams at the entrance.......

Country weak person abeg!
please clarify how ketu is connected to this place...
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by money121(m): 6:57am On Feb 23, 2020
TheWrita:
Not ketu at mile 12 ooo
Another ketu locate in that particular area

2 Likes

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Prognose: 6:58am On Feb 23, 2020
airsaylongcom:

He was my principal in JS1.

Greetings fellow thsosian grin Made of Steel!

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 23, 2020
money121:

Not ketu at mile 12 ooo
Another ketu locate in that particular area
Lol I was confused for a second.

1 Like

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Ihategirls(m): 7:01am On Feb 23, 2020
There are many other abandoned buildings
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by money121(m): 7:03am On Feb 23, 2020
TheWrita:

Lol I was confused for a second.
Thought as much
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by EmekaBlue(m): 7:12am On Feb 23, 2020
leave it...its now a museum
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Babanlagenius: 7:18am On Feb 23, 2020
OP you did a great job. That place will be so scary to walk pass at night.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by MissNicole01(f): 7:21am On Feb 23, 2020
Ah!....the popular Ile Nla.

I had always wondered what this building was meant for. Such a waste! Something needs to be done about it.

I took my first two driving classes here...during the day, of course.
Under the security of my able bodied macho man.
We still gat to settle boys sef before dem let us use that place in peace.

Go there at night at your own detriment!
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Skodiswayze(m): 7:23am On Feb 23, 2020
There's one of this kind at Ikoyi as well

Just few meters after the first bank at Alagbon

fergie001:
Back of my house....you can navigate through Ketu or Bayuf sef.......

That place na egbo HQs, Ojo/Badagry branch..

Armed robbers HQ-annex Ojo/Badagry/Amuwo-Odofin branch.

It was suppose to be the HEADQUARTERS of the National Social Insurance Trust Fund, NSITF (formerly, National Provident Fund) and was envisaged by Olusegun Obasanjo in 1979 when he was military head of state.

Our wasteful state as usual has left a building of over 18 floors to waste.

Coming towards Okokomaiko, close to the Police Station....there is another abandoned DSS signal mini- barracks that has been there.....grasses have covered the houses sef....just a waste.

Abokis now sell their rams at the entrance.......

Country weak person abeg!
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 7:33am On Feb 23, 2020
lifenajeje:

Yes he is right

I was surprised the day I sighted it from a my girfriend's compound back then 2003 at okerube ( abaranje) a community around ikotun..

Meanwhile her and her friends thought the building was in festac since they have never been there

From their place I can take a bike to igando ..

I think it all depends on geography because that very day I got back home I went to my friends house in okoko that is 4 storey and turned round 360 degrees but the building was never in sight .
Ikotun is different from Okoko...

It's the geography as you say.....but if it's Okoko...i doubt that/
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by fergie001: 7:34am On Feb 23, 2020
TheWrita:
It's not Ketu-Mile 12 oooo...

There is another Ketu bstop there.
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by damijoe77: 7:53am On Feb 23, 2020
Are you responsible? Question
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Esthered: 7:57am On Feb 23, 2020
bukatyne:

You went to I. J., nice.

Happy Sunday, which set were you?
Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Esthered: 7:57am On Feb 23, 2020
daluvdr:

IJ BOYS for life, what year did you finish? I finished in 2004

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Esthered: 7:58am On Feb 23, 2020
Childishbanjino:

Hi, a fellow "ijayrian" here. What set were you? I was in 11/12 grad set.

Re: This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos by Esthered: 7:58am On Feb 23, 2020
Acidosis:

Esthered smiley smiley

Acodosis
niyogeol:
Great. My sister finished that year. Myself few years before then. Nice connecting with you here.

My pleasure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal / Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.