Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:16 PM

Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development (6512 Views)

President Buhari Virtually Commissions 3-Projects In Kano And Kaduna (Photos) / Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer / Kano And Kaduna Get Lion Share; Six Highlights Of Buhari’s Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Iamgrey5(m): 10:39pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nowenuse:

Oga, use your Google map to measure Ibadan and Akure and not just your mouth.

Here is the picture of the measurement of Ibadan & Akure below.

Akure is 175km² while Ibadan is about 560km².

Jos is about 320km², same with Benin city.
Kaduna is over 400km², PH is about 380km².

I will make a thread on this very soon and tag all of you.

You measured ibadan municipal area not up to 1/4 of ibadan city

You measured ibadan South west, Ibadan North, Ibadan North west, Ibadan South East.

You left out about 9 local government areas.

From Akinyele Local government to ido local government areas all in ibadan city.

Akinyele local government area

Ido local area

Ona ara local government area

Egbeda local government area.

Lagelu local government area.

Oluyole local government area

3 Likes

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by celeiyke: 10:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nowenuse:
@Movic1, Bro.... I am from Plateau state, lived most of my life in Delta state and to be honest, Kaduna & Kano cities are far more urbanized and developed than any cities in the entire south except for Lagos and perhaps PH.

In terms of Human capital, we all know the SE states are far ahead, due to higher education and a strong entrepreneural spirit.
Owerri & Enugu are beautiful SE cities, but they lack in size & commerce.
Kaduna is like Enugu and Onitsha put together or Aba and Owerri put together...

Northerners tend to invest everything in their state capitals and leave the interiors, unlike in the South where development is more evenly spread. Like Delta state where I grew up, where you have up to 6 cities/large towns within one state!

However, Kaduna is the only state in the north with 2 big cities within a state. Kaduna & Zaria.

Although, Kano is a very mighty city in size! It can swallow Enugu, Owerri, Aba & Onitsha altogether.

Every region has it's own unique development patterns.

U clearly don't even know what u are saying. Which part of Plateau are U from? Plateau people I know speak truth and I am shocked u could say this. Pls Kaduna even has 3 cities not 2. U don't even know d size of onitsha. Saying Kaduna is Enugu n onitsha combined is idiotic. I was brought up in d north and know these cities very well. U will wake up one day and tell us Lafia is bigger than Onitsha with no evidence to show

1 Like

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Iamgrey5(m): 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
celeiyke:

U clearly don't even know what u are saying
Exactly!
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by mrvitalis(m): 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nowenuse:

grin Is it goats and chickens that are living in this 500km² in Enugu city? Where is the population to back it up?

Enugu cannot even measure up with places like Warri & Benin in population yet both cities are around 300km².
Enugu can't measure up to warri ...lol bro go n take your drugs
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by celeiyke: 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nowenuse:

See, If you cannot discuss in a civilized manner, Kindly opt out of this place!

Kano metropolis is estimated at over 500km².

Can u tell us what that of onitsha n Enugu are?
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by mrvitalis(m): 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2020
Sammy07:

Listen and listen good.
The north can do without you.
When they're done sucking your oil, then they'll let you go.
Use your head.
Apart from Oil, what do south east have?
Who do the north have
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by mrvitalis(m): 10:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
LegendHero:

While we should not judge development by size, it is important to correct your notion about Warri size.

A little search on the side of the above indicates that:
Warri North & South = 2474km2

Enugu city (Enugu East, Enugu North, Enugu South) = 556km2

Owerri (Owerri Municipal, Owerri North and Owerri West) = 551km2

No matter what metrics you use, Warri city is by far larger than both Owerri & Enugu city combined!

Note: If I add Warri Southwest to that it will bring the Warri figure to 4196km2

Source: Wikipedia
Lol u don't know anything .Enugu extent beyound Enugu oga ...udi ,9th mile many others

For owerri what u mentioned is the old owerri ...ikeduru has been absolved into owerri ,mbaitolu ,ngor okpala ,and may LGAs ...stop saying what u don't know
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by mrvitalis(m): 10:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
tsdarkside:

look....you southeasterners can talk how much una like but Enugu or onitsha was devasteted by the civil war what northern states didnt experienced....do you think its that easy to catch up....??

you people are used to lies and propaganda....soo,i will not even bother comparin anything....
We caught up in 15 years
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by okeyglm: 8:22am On Feb 22, 2020
tsdarkside:

look....you southeasterners can talk how much una like but Enugu or onitsha was devasteted by the civil war what northern states didnt experienced....do you think its that easy to catch up....??

you people are used to lies and propaganda....soo,i will not even bother comparin anything....
im from South East. I can tell you no region can compare to south east in terms of human development. forget all those fly overs.

1 Like

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by tsdarkside(m): 8:50am On Feb 22, 2020
okeyglm:

im from South East. I can tell you no region can compare to south east in terms of human development. forget all those fly overs.

bullshitt....
you do know this places were destroyed,right....??

look....
i dont care if you south easterners are proud people....
but so are others too....

you can not just come up with a lie and await us to believe it....
after all that destruction in the civil war....you cant tell us you catched up that quick....

things dont work that way....
look at germany....their cities look like they built everything from scratch....
you cant find cities like new york or chicago anywhere in germany....

am just usin common sense....thats all....
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by tsdarkside(m): 8:54am On Feb 22, 2020
mrvitalis:

We caught up in 15 years

nonesense....!!

other places stood still for you to catch up....

bullllllshitttttt....!!
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by okeyglm: 8:56am On Feb 22, 2020
tsdarkside:

bullshitt....

look....

after all that destruction in the civil war....you cant tell us you catched up that quick....

look at germany....their cities look like they built everything from scratch....

no stories show us the street and houses in d north. or you shut up
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by tsdarkside(m): 8:58am On Feb 22, 2020
okeyglm:

no stories show us the street and houses in d north. or you shut up

am not from d north....
we saw the news how south east dont attract investment....

nearly zero revenue....
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by okeyglm: 9:00am On Feb 22, 2020
tsdarkside:

am not from d north.... we saw the news how south east dont attract investment....
nearly zero revenue....
buhahahaha. go and check inflow of capitals from CBN. and come back
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by tsdarkside(m): 9:02am On Feb 22, 2020
okeyglm:

buhahahaha. go and check inflow of capitals from CBN. and come back

bullshitt....!!
am not yoruba that tolerate una lies and deceit....
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by mrvitalis(m): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2020
tsdarkside:

nonesense....!!

other places stood still for you to catch up....

bullllllshitttttt....!!
Is it not obvious ? ...thats why people like you hate Igbo's ....
Even in your state you can see the amount of Igbo's making money

Clothes , pharmacy , building material , kitchen equipments , cosmetics, electrical business ,spare parts ,etc all this people send their profit back home

The rate at which owerri and Enugu is expanding in the last 7 years is crazy ... ..these are cites I know very well

No city in the south is growing this fast not Even the fast growing ph
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by tsdarkside(m): 10:12am On Feb 22, 2020
mrvitalis:

Is it not obvious ? ...thats why people like you hate Igbo's ....
Even in your state you can see the amount of Igbo's making money

Clothes , pharmacy , building material , kitchen equipments , cosmetics, electrical business ,spare parts ,etc all this people send their profit back home

The rate at which owerri and Enugu is expanding in the last 7 years is crazy ... ..these are cites I know very well

No city in the south is growing this fast not Even the fast growing ph

abeg park....
we know whats going on....

you cant stop beatin your cheasts soo loud that others watch whats going on....
how many threads was opened showin places in south east....??

i repeat,park....!!
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by paj4love: 11:25am On Feb 22, 2020
tsdarkside:

abeg park....

i repeat,park....!!

Someone is telling you his Or her experience about a place he has lived all his life and you are talking about threads some ewadu guys opened .

Please try to travel around your country before coming online to type what you don't know if you don't know there is no northern city or western city apart from Abuja and Lagos that have more traffic in terms of vehicular and air activities.

Owerri airport is the fourth busiest why enugu airport is the fifth or sixth, after Lagos, Abuja and PH so where is kano and kaduna, ibadan, Akure or abeokuta?
Let's go to land transport i.e. movement of people through land, no region can beats the east, why? because there economy is very active, all major privately own transport companies dominate south east rout.
Go to The young, ABC transport, Chisco, God is Good, Peace mass, etc check there rout and come let's continue

Let's not exclude the state governments transport companies like ITC, Abia line etc, how many state outside south east states can boost of a very active transport company?

My point is that southeast have the most structured economy looking at all the sectors that brings about development,e.g. transportation, industry and commerce, education, banking, entertainment etc.

Southeast is one of the region with the highest concentration of banks, microfinance banks, also highest in SME's in Nigeria.
Southeast has the highest diaspora fund that comes into Nigeria someone from up north is talking about flyover.

1 Like

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by tsdarkside(m): 11:34am On Feb 22, 2020
paj4love:

Someone is telling you his Or her experience about a place he has lived all his life and you are talking about threads some ewadu guys opened .

Please try to travel around your country before coming online to type what you don't know if you don't know there is no northern city or western city apart from Abuja and Lagos that have more traffic in terms of vehicular and air activities.

Owerri airport is the fourth busiest why enugu airport is the fifth or sixth, after Lagos, Abuja and PH so where is kano and kaduna, ibadan, Akure or abeokuta?
Let's go to land transport i.e. movement of people through land, no region can beats the east, why? because there economy is very active, all major privately own transport companies dominate south east rout.
Go to The young, ABC transport, Chisco, God is Good, Peace mass, etc check there rout and come let's continue

Let's not exclude the state governments transport companies like ITC, Abia line etc, how many state outside south east states can boost of a very active transport company?

My point is that southeast have the most structured economy looking at all the sectors that brings about development,e.g. transportation, industry and commerce, education, banking, entertainment etc.

Southeast is one of the region with the highest concentration of banks, microfinance banks, also highest in SME's in Nigeria.
Southeast has the highest diaspora fund that comes into Nigeria someone from up north is talking about flyover.

what you talkin about....??
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by paj4love: 11:37am On Feb 22, 2020
tsdarkside:

what you talkin about....??

Nothing like chest beating the guy was right
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by mrvitalis(m): 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2020
tsdarkside:

abeg park....

i repeat,park....!!
How many trend was opened showing your state ...name your state lets see if your governor is not buying 1 hour on AIT showing rubbish

U just hate Igbo's cos they are better than you

Facts don't lie
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by tsdarkside(m): 12:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
mrvitalis:

How many trend was opened showing your state ...name your state lets see if your governor is not buying 1 hour on AIT showing rubbish

U just hate Igbo's cos they are better than you

Facts don't lie

better my foot....better in confusin themselves,yes....
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by mrvitalis(m): 12:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
tsdarkside:

better my foot....better in confusin themselves,yes....
Lol ...no tribe help themselves more than Igbo's once we see the way we show everyone ...in Harvard is studying our entrepreneurship incubator system ...or u called it apprenticeship

Even no matter how u hate Igbo's u can't deny we speak with one voice more than any region in Nigeria
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by tsdarkside(m): 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lol ...no tribe help themselves more than Igbo's once we see the way we show everyone ...in Harvard is studying our entrepreneurship incubator system ...or u called it apprenticeship

Even no matter how u hate Igbo's u can't deny we speak with one voice more than any region in Nigeria

speak english....

wetin...??
what you wrote nearly gave me a headache....
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by mrvitalis(m): 4:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
tsdarkside:

speak english....

wetin...??
what you wrote nearly gave me a headache....
Not my fault u Have low comprehending abilities
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by tsdarkside(m): 4:53pm On Feb 22, 2020
mrvitalis:

Not my fault u Have low comprehending abilities

you talk like this normaly....??

i have the feelin you dont have that many friends....
somebody communicate like you to me,i go immediatly avoid am....
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 23, 2020
Nowenuse:

I have been to majority of the states and cities in Nigeria. .... I love traveling! And I am the kind of person, If I visit a city for the first time, I will get a car and fuel it almost full tank just for a driver to take me round every nook and cranny of the city while I am on my Google map!
So, you are not just talking to anyone bro.

I know everywhere in Warri...I have lived there most of my life there ...
Warri is big no doubt, especially since Udu LGA and some part of Ughelli south & Okpe LGAs have merged with Warri south and Uvwie LGA.

Warri, Benin, Jos and Kaduna are all about the same size! .... Just that Kaduna murders the other 3 cities when it comes to development!
I lived and schooled in Benin for 7 years.

Only PH can withstand Kaduna in development, but I think PH is slightly larger than Kaduna in Landmass.
Kano is just something else when it comes to size abeg... The only thing is that Kano has too many poor and low income areas compared to Kaduna, but even the high income areas in Kano alone are almost bigger than all the other cities I mentioned above individually.

In the SE, Onitsha & Aba are the biggest cities, and they can compare Warri, Benin, Jos & Kaduna in size, but they are very very dirty, unkept and unorganised... Although, Onitsha is having a new look, I was impressed the last time I visited, compared to the way it was in the past. .... Owerri and Enugu are the sane ones but they are smaller in size.
My brother tell the stupid op i created the other thread to let them know about this but instead they threw insults at me
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 23, 2020
Westbestside:
Yea, enugu is 556sqkm, kaduna town is not up to 150sqkm. Kaduna town is 131sqkm. No mind that guy
Shattap kaduna consists of about 4 local governments which are kaduna north,and south and igabi fyi igabi is the second largest local government in kaduna state which i can say is approximately bigger than some southeast states.Nonsense
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 23, 2020
Lol. Development. In Nigeria?

Do you know what Trump sees when he looks down at the area called Nigeria from NASA's satellite feeds?

A Shithole. Dazall.

Wake me up when y'all start enjoying pipe borne water, electricity uninterrupted, pipe borne cooking gas, true democracy, security of lives and properties, genuine leadership and growth in the education sector, the health sector, and the infrastructural sector.

If you have been privileged to travel via air, you'll know that the cities you are all shouting "development" about look like they've just witnessed a catastrophic event like war or earthquake.

Lack of planning. Everyone erecting 5m walls on their half a plot properties because of lack of security.

Everywhere looking like...a jungle.

Abegi...

1 Like

Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 23, 2020
celeiyke:

U clearly don't even know what u are saying. Which part of Plateau are U from? Plateau people I know speak truth and I am shocked u could say this. Pls Kaduna even has 3 cities not 2. U don't even know d size of onitsha. Saying Kaduna is Enugu n onitsha combined is idiotic. I was brought up in d north and know these cities very well. U will wake up one day and tell us Lafia is bigger than Onitsha with no evidence to show
Dont lie have you around the whole kaduna, have you been to rigasa? You will just sit down in sabo and be typing nonsense
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 23, 2020
Don't put North and development in one sentence
Re: Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 23, 2020
tsdarkside:

bullshitt....

look....

Bro from time to time i have been seeing how boastful this southeast people are and i can swear to GOD everything they show us here have been done in the north and west 30-20 yrs back, the north and west are on another level they are currently working on renovating,modernising and expanding what they already have while east are building new ones from scratch. It just like saying dubai and Singapore are more developed than london and new York because they are looking new and shiny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NIPR Targets National Cohesion, Reconciliation As Awosika Chairs Citizens Summit / Kuje jailbreak: Court Denies Abba Kyari Bail Request / Jonathan, Iweala To Be Stripped Of Powers To Grant Import Waivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.