Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? (1857 Views)

My Car Vent Is Bringing Out Toxic Smell / Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by pragmatistm(m): 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2020
Hello all the gurus and members of this car talk forum. I need your solution to this problem.

Its a Nissan Primera 2.0 auto. Recently it had overheating problem and I had the gasket changed by my mechanic.

Now as I drive it is bringing hot water out from radiator openings and water reservoir in the hood.After a long distance travel yesterday, almost all the water was gushed out of the radiator.

Please note that I have the thermostat in the car since tokunbo over 6 years now. And the mechanic is pointing acusing fingers at it as the genesis of the problems and that I should get it out of the engine. Was he right? Or why is the car overheating like this?

Kindly enlighten me on what to be done. Thanks.
Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by Hero10001: 5:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
Oga, your car is overheating.
Check if the radiator fan is working.

Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by pragmatistm(m): 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
Hero10001:
Oga, your car is overheating.

Check if the radiator fan is working.
Its working perfectly sir.
Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by Hero10001: 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
pragmatistm:
Its working perfectly sir.
Well you check another mech.
Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by pragmatistm(m): 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2020
Hero10001:

Well you check another mech.
Because of your previous comment, I just rechecked the fans and found out that one was blowing inside while the other was blowing out. I just changed the connection to the one blowing outside and now blowing inside.

Tomorrow I will observe if there's any effect on the engine before going to the mechanics again.
Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by Hero10001: 9:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
pragmatistm:
Because of your previous comment, I just rechecked the fans and found out that one was blowing inside while the other was blowing out. I just changed the connection to the one blowing outside and now blowing inside.

Tomorrow I will observe if there's any effect on the engine before going to the mechanics again.
I had a similar prob with my honda, after travelling on highway for 50km, the radiator dried up all the water in it as it became so hot.
The next day I took it to a mech, he told me to check the fan!
And to my surprise, my double fan ain't working!!
An electrician came to the rescue tho, I paid 1k only and my car is just fine since then.
Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by adanny01(m): 1:12am On Feb 18, 2020
pragmatistm:
Hello all the gurus and members of this car talk forum. I need your solution to this problem.

Its a Nissan Primera 2.0 auto. Recently it had overheating problem and I had the gasket changed by my mechanic.

Now as I drive it is bringing hot water out from radiator openings and water reservoir in the hood.After a long distance travel yesterday, almost all the water was gushed out of the radiator.

Please note that I have the thermostat in the car since tokunbo over 6 years now. And the mechanic is pointing acusing fingers at it as the genesis of the problems and that I should get it out of the engine. Was he right? Or why is the car overheating like this?

If the thermostat is stuck close, yes it would do that.
Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by ksmart027(m): 6:53am On Feb 18, 2020
pragmatistm:

Dont ever drive your car without a thermostat, if its stuck close replace it.
Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by pragmatistm(m): 9:42am On Feb 18, 2020
ksmart027:

Dont ever drive your car without a thermostat, if its stuck close replace it.
Noted.
Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by johnny2013(m): 1:23pm On Feb 18, 2020
Please ignore what any mechanic will tell you concerning removing your car thermostat. I have had that same issue with my Honda civic that I drove for five years with thermostat and had no overheating problem but one night, I was coming home late and drove into an iron rod which punctured my radiator and I had to change it to a new one then the problem started.
Whenever I drive the car beyond 20km, It begins to gush out water like us then my mechanic started pestering me to remove the thermostat but I refused. I was told that the problem could be that the radiator cover is bad. I bought two used radiator covers but it continued then I went to a dealer who selected a good cover for me, behold the problem that was looking like a spiritual one ended that day. The car was driven from Lagos to kano and nothing happened. My friend just ty and get a good cover and thank me later. Good luck

Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by captainking(m): 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
pragmatistm:

Please where is your location...can i come and help you beat up that mechanic?
I hate mechanics like that

Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by pragmatistm(m): 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
captainking:

Please where is your location...can i come and help you beat up that mechanic?
I hate mechanics like that
Very funny man. cheesy They are still insisting its thermostat that is responsible for the problems. Im with the mechanic right now and we have removed the thermostat. But we searched around and we could not get the same type. Now I want to go home and test it in hot water whether its actually bad or not.

Meanwhile I attached the picture of the radiator that I actually changed last year. Could you check and suggest if it look like having same issue you described?

Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by johnny2013(m): 8:23pm On Feb 18, 2020
Young man, get a good radiator cover and start from there, if it continues then find the solution to whatever is then the case. Am talking from experience. This thing don punish me before. When a radiator cover is bad, it can no longer bear the pressure of the hot water from the radiator and the result could be what you are seeing. Cover is just around 500. Try out like 3 different covers but ensure they bear the same number as your own and if the number is no longer on it, make sure it is the same thing. I don talk my own before they go open account for your head. Lol
Re: Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? by pragmatistm(m): 9:27pm On Feb 18, 2020
Thanks all.

But I think I have found the source of the problems. Upon resting the thermostat in hot water, it didn't open. I placed it in pot of water placed on a stove and actually heated it to boiling but it refused to open.

I will request that the mechanic buy another one for me from Ladipo in Lagos because we searched around here and we couldn't get the type.
johnny2013:
Young man, get a good radiator cover and start from there, if it continues then find the solution to whatever is then the case. Am talking from experience. This thing don punish me before. When a radiator cover is bad, it can no longer bear the pressure of the hot water from the radiator and the result could be what you are seeing. Cover is just around 500. Try out like 3 different covers but ensure they bear the same number as your own and if the number is no longer on it, make sure it is the same thing. I don talk my own before they go open account for your head. Lol
Still maintaining your sense of humour. Let me tell you, dem no fit open account for my head oo. I don wise pass any roadside mechanic men. They no born them.

Please Help, Where To Get A Good Car / Engine Oil Shortage In Toyota Rav4, 2007 Model / Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG?