Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

See Beyond Gender. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See Beyond Gender. (1706 Views)

Gender, Sexuality And Biology / Gender Equality: More Women Paying Child Support, alimony to their ex spouses / Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Beyond Gender. by crackkhaus: 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mariangeles:

I actually feel sorry for you. sad
Watch yourself before you lose yourself.
And here's another problem with people like you who are so invested in the internet probably because they lack a healthy social life.

You should feel sorry for the less privileged people around you in reality or for those not doing well in your own extended family and immediate society.
You're wasting it on me who you know nothing about when I could be doing much better than you in life generally.

Focus on the important things.

4 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2020
crackkhaus:

And here's another problem with people like you who are so invested in the internet probably because they lack a healthy social life.

You should feel sorry for the less privileged people around you in reality or for those not doing well in your own extended family and immediate society.
You're wasting it on me who you know nothing about when I could be doing much better than you in life generally.

Focus on the important things.

Now I see where your issues lie...
You'll be alright dear.

1 Like

Re: See Beyond Gender. by crackkhaus: 9:50pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mariangeles:

Use all the means at your disposal, you'll reach more people.
Thankfully, the internet has made it easier to pass a message faster and reach a wider audience.
You're conflating what the internet has actually made easier with the problems it has caused.

Banking? Business? News coverage? These are some of the things the internet has made easier.

How people should think, act, behave, cultural issues? These are things you will solve only in reality, not on the internet.
In fact, what the internet has done regarding these things is to make it worse, ergo, gender wars.

5 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by crackkhaus: 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mariangeles:

Now I see where your issues lie...
You'll be alright dear.
I'm alright, but are you?

I mean, you're the one with a thread complaining about men when you ought to have men in your life who don't talk shit about women but adore and respect them.. or maybe you don't, which will explain why you're looking for them here.

6 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
crackkhaus:

I'm alright, but are you?

I mean, you're the one with a thread complaining about men when you ought to have men in your life who don't talk shit about women but adore and respect them.. or maybe you don't, which might explain a lot.

Don't worry...
It is only a matter of time before you get over the excitement.
Oh! Careful not to give yourself away through your words next time.
Like I said before, you will be alright. OK?

To show how kind I can be, you can have the last word. I promise, I won't reply you...if that'll put you at ease. You know you're famous for going back and forth cheesy

4 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by crackkhaus: 10:26pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mariangeles:

Don't worry...
It is only a matter of time before you get over the excitement.
Oh! Careful not to give yourself away through your words next time.
Like I said before, you will be alright. OK?

To show how kind I can be, you can have the last word. I promise, I won't reply you...if that'll put you at ease. You know you're famous for going back and forth cheesy
You won't reply...lmao cheesy Who cares?
My goodness, some of you rate yourselves too damn much... another classic sign of someone who relies on the internet to feel better about herself.
Are you not one of those people who don't own a food/catering business for profit through publicity, yet posts pictures of food they just want to eat on the internet? Lol...
What else is that for if not validation?

See, I can give you a fairly accurate psychological profile of your person just by your post history but I don't use it to judge you because it really doesn't matter. The internet only provides an outlet for people.

The same way a man here won't go around calling women whorës in real life, is the same way you won't cook and then take it around your neighborhood showing it to your neighbours.
That would make you look really stvpid, won't it? cheesy

So my dear, forget about me, my excitement, or your faux concern for my 'alright-ness'.

Nothing anyone types on the internet should be your concern, simply because none of this is real.

That this simple point which I've been conveying to you is easily flying over your head while you keep claiming to feel sorry for me when you should just deal with my comments without ad hominems, is exactly how I know you're slow.
It's not an insult, just an observation.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Beyond Gender. by bdchange(m): 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2020
This your advise won't happen any time soon, just believe that. I noticed people on Nairaland brings two kind of behavior here. Firstly, the one which happens to be their personality. You can't change them because that is who they are in reality. Secondly, the ones that hide their real identity and join the bad wagon because it is online, therefore they are safe and most people don't know them. So they chose to be bad and insults without regards of who you are or minding the words they used. I have so many reasons I can give you why I don't insults or attack people here no matter how foolish their comments may appear to me. But that is my own personality. In other to have a sane mind just ignore most insults and act like it add nothing to you. I have seen different kind of insult here that I wonder who is behind that keyboard. There was one moniker in which the girl happens to be a jambite, she was insulting this guy and both were attacking each other with comments. I just laughed and pity the guy. The guy could even be old enough to send her to school and feed her but he had to come low and start dragging himself low with this girl..such a pity. Some older ladies too do this on this forum with probably one small boy that might not even be able to look ur face in reality or even call you aunty sef. My advise for saner ones, dont reply any insults, just let the person take the glory and be happy with himself or herself then move on to the next thread as long as you have given your opinion.

3 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by nlPoster: 3:20am On Feb 18, 2020
Re: See Beyond Gender. by nlPoster: 3:22am On Feb 18, 2020
No lady in her right mind would ever want her own brother to be mistreated by another lady (Lord knows I'll never sit back and allow any female mistreat or disrespect any of my brothers)

But you are ok with ladies being insulted everyday by nlers. Perhaps they're your brothers abusing people all the time here in the foulest language possible?

That aside, my advice to you is to stop giving people bad advice. If you know you have a problem with your family members dating or marrying, then dont allow them to have any relationships at all to begin with instead of knocking yourself out over it.

3 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Fountainofyouth(f): 2:21pm On Feb 18, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

1st MISCONCEPTION
as human beings, we all look at issues from a gender point of view... the fact that you would expect us to forget who we are before we answer a question, is funny.
the reality is that whether a man/woman, answers would be completely different, depending on the issue.

2nd MISCONCEPTION
the fact that we have a father/mother etc is irrelevant to any issues and shouldnt be a reason to have a different point of view. if a bastard father rapes his child, the fact that i have a father wont change the fact that he should be KILLED asap!

3rd MISCONCEPTION
how should we call them loose women then, if not for what they are?!

4th MISCONCEPTION
aint we objective when we call a spade A SPADE? what else do you think we should do?

5th MISCONCEPTION
the above is ARRANT RUBBISH...you expect us to have sympathy for these issue, because of family members... instead of using our brains to judge an issue. i guess because i have a mother/sister, i shouldnt look at these oloshos gladlyflaunting their nuddity and calling them for what they are, abi (because i have a mother/sister)?

FINAL MISCONCEPTION
you seem to believe that people shouldnt be real and honest about life? thats what makes us better humans... not the other way around trying to makes us robots with no minds of our own.

This one clearly missed her point, it seems straight forward though.

1 Like

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2020
nlPoster:

But you are ok with ladies being insulted everyday by nlers. Perhaps they're your brothers abusing people all the time here in the foulest language possible?

That aside, my advice to you is to stop giving people bad advice. If you know you have a problem with your family members dating or marrying, then dont allow them to have any relationships at all to begin with instead of knocking yourself out over it.

Did I give that impression?
Your words show how twisted your mind is.
Sadly, this has become the norm of you lots on nairaland; twisting and quoting people out of context. sad
Try not twist other people's words to "win arguments", lest your own words be twisted.
Life is not a game. What you give returns to you, either positive or negative.
Re: See Beyond Gender. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 18, 2020
nlPoster:

what did you want her to say?she is calling out misogynists and misandrists not just one gender. She talked of men who call ladies hoes and also talked of women disrespecting men. It seems you wanted it one-sided (calling out only women or men). ...the main point is the eschew gender wars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
That's not possible. We cannot advice a man the same way we will advice a woman in a similar situation. For example, iwhen a spouse is having extra marital affairs; we will naturally advice the wife to be patient if her husband cheats, but we will advice the husband to go for DNA test and dump the wife if SHE cheats. So if we don't know or ignore the gender of the complainant, how will we advice accordingly?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Lose 10kg In A Month / Please Help Me Before I Self Destruct! / Inspiring Story Of Omotola Akinsola- MTN 50million Naira House Winner!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.