Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) (73717 Views)

Aminat Yusuf: LASU Best Student Takes Her Parents To Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Joy Adesina Graduates From OAU Medical School With 9 Awards / Man Storms Ogun School With Thugs To Attack Teacher Who Beat His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by NigeriaBam: 8:52am On Feb 18, 2020
VanGun:
Shared with caption ...

They can ban everything but can’t ban Lagos Sense. As seen in Lagos!

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8q62EjgKvO/
BEAUTIFUL
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by uuzba(m): 8:54am On Feb 18, 2020
mysteryman2014:

Maybe the OP or source was authorized or permission obtained to use the image.
Of course..
A useless woman that will do anything to trend on social media.
Riding bicycle is now latest trend.
The woman is not solving anybody's problem. She's just a pompous lowclass that wants to be in social media.
Any kid can ride a bike. Leave the girl to ride the bike to her school.
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by omoharry(f): 8:59am On Feb 18, 2020
armyofone:
Teach your little ones how to ride a bike. At her age, she should be using her bike (w/ helmet) to school if they are having transportation problems.
No helmet on mama's head shocked no helmet on daughter's head shocked
It will be too dangerous for a kid her age to ride on the Lagos crazy road.she would have to contend with the rough Danfor drivers and other motorist that drive with recklessly abandon on our road. She can learn cycling around her neighborhood for ow but not fit to cycle independently on the busy crazy Lagos main roads.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by Caseless: 8:59am On Feb 18, 2020
ree as the girl grab her mama hips sef. Lol she doesn't someone who does not own a car. Maybe her car is faulty!
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by TheSourcerer: 8:59am On Feb 18, 2020
healthserve:
Why it may been fun to visit S.M platforms for the latest gists and enjoy these seemingly spicy stories. We're gradually losing our humanity.

Yes S.M stories are beautiful,I also juice on them, but the act of taking pictures and videos without the consent of the individual involved and make a private moment a national/international event is a clear violation of people's privacy which S.M users are gradually forgetting.

Our humanity matters. An act that makes people giggle because someone caught an action and quickly decided to make an event can have tremendous consequences to the unintending parties.

We're slowly losing privacy and the quality that makes is human. To publish people's images and videos without consent or recording them is a clear violation of their space

If you think it's a lie, try recording me with your phone when you see me, and see if I won't smash it angry
lol what are you saying dude.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by omoharry(f): 9:00am On Feb 18, 2020
Lexusgs430:
This is the way forward...... grin

Omoharry, come and see o.... I told you so.....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Well cycling all the way then for those that cannot afford to buy a car
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by slimfit1(m): 9:00am On Feb 18, 2020
alizma:
I can bet my left scrotum, that lady is from somewhere in the East.

Seriously and so what!!!

1 Like

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by anonimi: 9:01am On Feb 18, 2020
Sabicleaners:
Too much sense will not kill Lagos people cheesy
One trait you can't take away from Nigerians is adaptability!
We always seem to find our way around circumstance.

Too little sense that makes our public servants get away with murder every day and in every way.
If we had any sense at all, we would ensure that Fashola, Ambode and Sanwo-Olu plus their godfather of bullion vans have the light rail moving people since June 2013 when they promised.
Obviously we are very shallow. Too low for zero while forming boss.
Lagosians with empty bragging.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2135824_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

TTC in talks to sell old trains to Lagos. Are they safe enough?
AUGUST 10, 2011

As Toronto trainspotters gleefully take maiden rides on the TTC's Rocket, commuters in Lagos, Nigeria may be about to get some new trains of their own. Our old ones.

A TTC spokesperson has confirmed that the commission is negotiating with a private group to sell up to 260 used train cars to the West African megacity's new transit project.

"I can confirm that the TTC is in discussion with a third party that wants to purchase trains for Lagos," said commission spokesperson Brad Ross. "Over a period of time, they will be taken out of service and then transported over to Nigeria."

The cars being considered for sale are the TTC's old H-5 and H-6 models, which will be decommissioned as the TTC rolls out its new fleet of Rockets. Ross predicts the earliest they could be shipped to Nigeria is sometime in 2012.

Traffic snarls are already a major economic problem in the Nigerian capital, a booming city that will reach an estimated population of 25 million by 2015. A new above-ground rail system designed to carry 1.5 million people a day has already broken ground, and Lagos Governor Babtunde Fashola has said it "will be the most multi-dimensional and most impactful" of the government's efforts to reduce traffic congestion.

Fashola visited Toronto earlier this year to inspect the TTC trains.

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars.

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

He also warned that while rail systems are glamorous as far as transit infrastructure goes, they are not always as effective at reducing congestion as other options. Nevertheless, new rail systems are frequently preferred because governments can take advantage of kickbacks from large contracts.

According to media reports, the cost estimates for the Lagos rail project have varied wildly from $1.2 billion to $30 billion. In 2010, a Nigerian government watchdog accused Fashola's government of widespread corruption.

naptu2:
Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
January 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

“The first section of this rail, which started from National Theatre, Orile-Iganmu to Mile 2 Bus Stop, would be fully completed with the tracks laid.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/941712_light_rail_jpgd0868a4d9dc89ee8923888cbdf924edf

ojuoluwani:
LAGOS State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, yesterday, gave a breakdown of how his administration expended the N160 billion World Bank loan it acquired, saying the state maintained a healthy debt profile.

Fashoa, who spoke during his commemoration of 2,700 days in office and achievements in the last 100 days, in Alausa, Ikeja, said long overdue refund would go a long way in reducing the debt profile of the State, which he said the Federal Government recently published to mislead the public.

He said, “Recently, our political adversaries issued statements that we have borrowed N160 billion. What they have not told you is what we are doing with the money.”

Enumerating his government’s activities within the period under consideration he said; “In the last 100 days, we have commenced work on providing street lighting on the Muritala Muhammed Way in Yaba.

This is 10 kilometres of public lighting which will be completed by the end of this month. On Eko Bridge, Carter Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lekki-Epe Expressway and every street and highway where there is street lighting in Lagos, it is the Lagos State Government that supplied the poles, the bulbs, the diesel and the maintenance.

“The only major highway we are not managing for street lights is the 3rd Mainland Bridge.

Fire engines, to secure lives, rail transport from Okokomaiko to Marina, with four stations of eight kilometres completed, and work heading to Marina, with piles appearing near the Eko Bridge every day are the places your Government is spending money. The expansion of the Lagos Badagry Expressway to a 10-lane highway is another place where your Government is spending money.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/lagos-spent-n160-bn-world-bank-loan-fashola/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by Jokerman(m): 9:02am On Feb 18, 2020
EVILFOREST:
PLEASE, can I hold onto that WAISTLINE till I get to school..??

A married woman??

Guy fear God

1 Like

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by Caseless: 9:03am On Feb 18, 2020
uuzba:

Of course..
The woman is not solving anybody's problem. She's just a pompous lowclass that wants to be in social media.
how do some of you reason? You want that young girl to ride a bike to school on her own in lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by Lexusgs430: 9:03am On Feb 18, 2020
omoharry:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Well cycling all the way then for those that cannot afford to buy a car

E go hard for Lastma & VIO, to request Hackney permit from cyclists........... wink
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by JustLeo: 9:03am On Feb 18, 2020
[s]
post=86746350:
All for the grams!

Nice pic anyways
[/s]
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by JustLeo: 9:05am On Feb 18, 2020
[s]
SangoOlukosoOba:
This lady definitely grew up in the village.
[/s]
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by Coldie(m): 9:06am On Feb 18, 2020
healthserve:
Why it may been fun to visit S.M platforms for the latest gists and enjoy these seemingly spicy stories. We're gradually losing our humanity.

Yes S.M stories are beautiful,I also juice on them, but the act of taking pictures and videos without the consent of the individual involved and make a private moment a national/international event is a clear violation of people's privacy which S.M users are gradually forgetting.

Our humanity matters. An act that makes people giggle because someone caught an action and quickly decided to make an event can have tremendous consequences to the unintending parties.

We're slowly losing privacy and the quality that makes is human. To publish people's images and videos without consent or recording them is a clear violation of their space

If you think it's a lie, try recording me with your phone when you see me, and see if I won't smash it angry
Now u see what American celebrities feel when they attack paparazzis
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by travelland(f): 9:07am On Feb 18, 2020
uuzba:

Why can't she just give the child the bike to ride?
Is the girl too stupid to ride a bike on her own?
Lazy generation of phone pressing addicts.

Nigerians can never solve their problems.
You didn't invent the wheel. White man invented it and made car and bicycle for you to buy. Your ancestors were all walking about on foot till white man came.
Now ordinary to ride bicycle is PhD.

So you want the child to ride a Bike on major road with drug infested danfo drivers? do you people even reason at all

3 Likes

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by contigiency(m): 9:10am On Feb 18, 2020
What's the problem with this? Both of them even look smart on the bicycle.
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by healthserve(m): 9:11am On Feb 18, 2020
TheSourcerer:
lol what are you saying dude.

Glad I made you smile cheesy

1 Like

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by Harrynight(m): 9:12am On Feb 18, 2020
healthserve:

The Liberty we have in this Shiithole is too much!

A comedian once said " I traveled to London, after 2 weeks I missed the lawlessness, liberty the freedom to do anything in NIGERIA, UK is just too organized"
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by cococandy(f): 9:13am On Feb 18, 2020
This one is a sensible comment
healthserve:

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by Litmus: 9:13am On Feb 18, 2020
Woman has a Ghanaian face...
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by Neoteny(m): 9:14am On Feb 18, 2020
healthserve:

Then you'll go straight to jail because there's no law that stops people from taking pictures of everything within the public space. Even in some advanced countries there's no law.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by cococandy(f): 9:14am On Feb 18, 2020
This one is not a sensible comment
uuzba:

Of course..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by EgunMogaji2: 9:16am On Feb 18, 2020
healthserve:

There’s no expectation of privacy in public.

Try smashing my phone, you actually won’t have the nerve, and see if you won’t land in a trauma center.

Don’t want your picture taken, then stay in your house with the curtains drawn.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by EgunMogaji2: 9:17am On Feb 18, 2020
Neoteny:

Then you'll go straight to jail because there's no law that stops people from taking pictures of everything within the public space. Even in some advanced countries there's no law.

Don’t mind him. He’s one of those online tigers.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by uuzba(m): 9:18am On Feb 18, 2020
travelland:

So you want the child to ride a Bike on major road with drug infested danfo drivers? do you people even reason at all
What are you training the child for?
Did you not know there are major roads in Nigeria before?
When you isolate yourself from your environment, pressing phone inside house all day, this is what you get.
Complaining about a non issue.
Highest case, the woman ride a bike beside her kid.
Lazy generation of complainers.
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by healthserve(m): 9:18am On Feb 18, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

There’s no expectation of privacy in public.

Try smashing my phone, you actually won’t have the nerve, and see if you won’t land in a trauma center.

Don’t want your picture taken, then stay in your house with the curtains drawn.

Dude please let's choose a location abeg you
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by cutegentility(m): 9:19am On Feb 18, 2020
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by healthserve(m): 9:19am On Feb 18, 2020
Neoteny:

Not my picture. Get. It
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by wonlasewonimi: 9:19am On Feb 18, 2020
What's so special in this? The only thing wrong is that they are not wearing helmets.
In London, I can't count the number of times I have seen the prime minister riding bike to work.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by healthserve(m): 9:19am On Feb 18, 2020
Harrynight:

The Liberty we have in this Shiithole is too much!

A comedian once said " I traveled to London, after 2 weeks I missed the lawlessness, liberty the freedom to do anything in NIGERIA, UK is just too organized"

UK is the second name for organization na
Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by healthserve(m): 9:21am On Feb 18, 2020
cutegentility:

You're absolutely spot on man. g seems we have similar view about the damages civilization/technology has caused to the society. Individual privacy matters a lot. Let's take Social Media Websites as an instance: Those data they collect from end users, how do they handle it? How sure are we that user's privacy is never violated?
In short, technology has done more harm than good.

I'll be mad if I'm the husband of that lady. See I radar spend 10 million teaching a full a lesson of a lifetime than see a full display his foolishness around my life

Many folks here are simply lawless that's why Western societies no go ever fit many people here.

A good amount of Nigerians won't have the balls to pull this same act off in Berlin. Them no say na their life Dem dey take play be dat

1 Like

Re: Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) by cutegentility(m): 9:22am On Feb 18, 2020
DaniDani:

A very good comment from you. The social media should be reviewed and passed into law

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender / Checkout The Hilarious Drawing Of Human Hand Her Students Drew / SIX Secrets That Your Girlfriend Won’t Let You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.