Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,026 members, 7,803,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? (81586 Views)

Seven Must Watch Nollywood Movies 2020 / Watch Nollywood Movie "ALTER EGO" Starring Omotola Showing Now @ Enolly.com / Watch Unlimited Nollywood Movies Without Using Your Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Silver1996(m): 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2020
Validcode:

Which morals? I almost took you serious, then I saw Bollywood.
All the people I have come across that are fund of African magic and Zeeworld dey one kind.
Don't even bring zeeworld here, it's a complete rubbish and a total waste of time, those script writers are worst than most Nigerians.
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by neweraomo: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2020
Basic123:

True life story my foot
so you telling me there is no a legend called Merlin? Dude you need school
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by mdeela(m): 7:46am On Apr 20, 2020
Basic123:

True life story my foot

Please where can I download Merlin season 5 .
Can somebody help
Re: Are These The Reasons Some Nigerians Don't Watch Nollywood Movies? by Kennif: 8:36pm On Apr 25, 2020
I watch one film like that, an Igbo movie about a kingdom.The palace was an old Public Secondary school..very small. I felt so embarrassed for them (producers and all).

Everything feels recycled...herbalists,ritualist, robbers,poor girl marries rich guy etc as if it is every nigeria that's graces an herbalist resident.
And the Yoruba movie they can be so annoying... It is in it you see a girl marry the man who raped her all because he took her her virginity...no display of much pain on the part of the girl,totally unrealistic instead they let it appear as if the girl got very lucky by getting raped.
As if women are desperate and pathetic beings who are supposed to take anything just to attain the title Mrs.[color=#006600][/color]
What sort of lesson can one gain from that..some Nigerian films are highly dangerous even without the sex part,they embed wrong and rude behavior into youngsters...are we teaching our kids to visit herbalist whenever they have difficulties?

There is this movie Obiliwisky just because this lady had mental challenges(display embarassedMadness once in a while).See how they bash her with background songs as if she had committed a crime.
I just couldn't stomach the inhumanity in a movie that is supposed to be educative.
Some of our Nigerian movies are not to be seen by children. The kind like the ones I have mentioned and more. Those kind that don't teach the girl child to have dreams,instead encourages them
to grow into women with no goals,women whose only ambition in life is to find rich husbands

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BBNaija: Top 5 Housemates Who Earned More Money This Season / Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor / BBNaija: Alex Removes Her Top, Bares Boobs On Live TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.