Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,038 members, 7,807,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners (22567 Views)

Fisayo Soyombo Deletes Tweet Accusing LASG Of Owing Pensioners / Battle For Delegates: How Rivalry With Govs Resulted In Huge Loss For Lawmakers / No Single Ventilator, But Nasarawa Buys N500m Cars For Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by Whyzaid(f): 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2020
Can you imagine! And my dad is yet to collect to one kobo from his retirement money since 2016. Hmmm which way Lord?
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by Stmiceel(m): 5:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
All the entitlements of my father from Osun State can never pay for this singular car.

This world should just scatter make everyone start afresh.

Imagine someone that worked for 35 years can not afford to live after service!

Damn! I cannot be in affiliation with any political party in this country.
The incumbent and the opposition followers over to you. Defend your wards.
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by Adewale623(m): 5:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
thundafire:
Nigeria politicians with misplaced priority,I don't pity dey useless citizens because they are suffering a d still voted enmass for dey same party
You don't have the knowledge of what you are saying.
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by mapet: 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2020
shollay09:

McPizzle: :
Some people will just read headline meant to inflame you without recourse to the whole article, without sentiments do we really have to make an issue out of anything? Which state government doesn't buy vehicles for its lawmakers in Nigeria? And just so you know I can beat my chest that the last and present administration in Osun is doing outstandingly well for the development of the state, both in infrastructure and education, I stay in the wealthier Ogun state and it can't hold a candle to the government projects in Osun. I'm less familiar with the North but the SE and SS are pretty much disappointing in terms of development. If indeed you read the script you'd see them acknowledging that there's a backlog to clear but they are doing their best.
outstandingly well indeed undecided undecided... Alaye, if you are not living in Osun, don't confirm anything.....

I am an Osun indigene. I frequently visit home. I was home this weekend. I went round town. I saw. I spoke to people.......I can confirm that in terms of Education and Infrastructural development, both the previous and the current administration have top marks.

1 Like

Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by Tareq1105: 8:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
thundafire:
Nigeria politicians with misplaced priority,I don't pity dey useless citizens because they are suffering a d still voted enmass for dey same party

It's their official cars for official duties.

What's the problem in that? Are they not entitled to official vehicles?

It's their rights allowed by extant rules and it has nothing to do with the inability to pay pensioners.

Even Civil Servants on grade level 14, or below in some states, have official cars.
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by zoedew: 9:43pm On Feb 18, 2020
We have a got a lot that is good to learn from Swedish politicians!
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by Pat081: 3:18am On Feb 19, 2020
jimyjames:
Hmm

Thought people from that region claim their states are rich and are already paying minimum wage

Ur thought may be right about other states from the south west but not Osun state and about the minimum wage hmmmmmmm only God will do good for them or maybe wen he too want to go for 2nd time
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by Pat081: 3:25am On Feb 19, 2020
Just give thanks to God
Stmiceel:
All the entitlements of my father from Osun State can never pay for this singular car.

This world should just scatter make everyone start afresh.

Imagine someone that worked for 35 years can not afford to live after service!

Damn! I cannot be in affiliation with any political party in this country.
The incumbent and the opposition followers over to you. Defend your wards.
Take a good look at them too after 4 or 8yrs in power God will do good for the workers
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by Kiddllc: 9:26am On Feb 19, 2020
Later una go say na gboys dey spoil the country... who get sense make e dey find him way oo because single plan for the people no dey their agenda. HUSTLE THYSELF every which way but no kill person or do black
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by shollay09(m): 10:37am On Feb 19, 2020
mapet:

I am an Osun indigene. I frequently visit home. I was home this weekend. I went round town. I saw. I spoke to people.......I can confirm that in terms of Education and Infrastructural development, both the previous and the current administration have top marks.
well so sure you are wrong in terms of education.... I personally was involved in a project that involves me going round all public schools and I can say Osun is far lagging behind in terms of education... Structure wise, we have it... But others am sure not! ...... Also, this present administration hasn't done anything and I can boldly say that
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by shollay09(m): 10:38am On Feb 19, 2020
McPizzle:

Alaye, my family stays in Osun for the most part I'm in Ogun and Lagos but I still spend a comsiderable amount of time in Osun. I've travelled a few places and yes I'm pretty sure of what I'm talking about!
just because your family stays there isn't enough reasons to base your conclusion on that... Also, you only visit not that you stay there to know what's going on
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by mapet: 10:59am On Feb 19, 2020
shollay09:
well so sure you are wrong in terms of education.... I personally was involved in a project that involves me going round all public schools and I can say Osun is far lagging behind in terms of education... Structure wise, we have it... But others am sure not! ...... Also, this present administration hasn't done anything and I can boldly say that

1. Beyond your twitter handle, we do not know who you are and when you've become an authority to assess eduction in Osun
2. You were involved in a project so what? Whatever the project was and it's relevance to the discourse?
3. If you were really "involved" or you knew about Education and the strategy to improve education in Osun (your submission tells me otherwise), how you divorce "structure" from others shows ignorance
4. Boldly saying, no facts to back it up....other than I was involved in a project. You people tell "pedestrian lies"......
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by shollay09(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2020
mapet:

1. Beyond your twitter handle, we do not know who you are and when you've become an authority to assess eduction in Osun
2. You were involved in a project so what? Whatever the project was and it's relevance to the discourse?
3. If you were really "involved" or you knew about Education and the strategy to improve education in Osun (your submission tells me otherwise), how you divorce "structure" from others shows ignorance
4. Boldly saying, no facts to back it up....other than I was involved in a project. You people tell "pedestrian lies"......
now its pretty obvious you only want to argue over some of the things you know nothing about but anyways let me make this clear, i never for once made mention of twitter handle and I never for once said I belong to any authority assessing the educational sector in the state..... And its left for you to believe the pedestrian lies after all I don't know you and you don't know me..You stay in another state and you are arguing with someone residing there.. Nawa for you sha... Anyways, we can only know each other if you have a project for me to handle or probably get me a super cool paying job.... Other than that, I do not have the strength to further drag this with you.... Stay blessed fam
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by VolvoS60(m): 8:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
Blue3k2:

Mr Omipidan said: “it would be unthinkable to say lawmakers got cars eight years ago and they should continue to use the same thing.

^^^
grin grin

A people get the leaders they deserve.
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by mapet: 7:20am On Feb 20, 2020
shollay09:
now its pretty obvious you only want to argue over some of the things you know nothing about but anyways let me make this clear, i never for once made mention of twitter handle and I never for once said I belong to any authority assessing the educational sector in the state..... And its left for you to believe the pedestrian lies after all I don't know you and you don't know me..You stay in another state and you are arguing with someone residing there.. Nawa for you sha... Anyways, we can only know each other if you have a project for me to handle or probably get me a super cool paying job.... Other than that, I do not have the strength to further drag this with you.... Stay blessed fam

1. My error there, NL handle I meant.
2. That you reside in Osun as alleged is not even enough evidence not to question you capability to make sensible assessment. I have a house in Powerline area mind you.
3. What I don't even get is throwing vague words in the name of some "projects", not information about the specifics and how relevant it is to assess educational sector in Osun. you think that we are as ignorant ?
Re: Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners by manmustwack: 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
You end up getting exactly what you vote for.
Thieves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) / See Pics Of Buhari Wit Presidents Mahama,ellen Sirleaf & Ernest Koroma In Gambia / If I'm Released I Would Go Back To Terrorism - Boko Haram Commander Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.