Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League (62211 Views)

Highest Goalscorers In The Champions League & Europa League So Far / 3 Clubs With Most Champions League Tittles Since 1955 / EPL: Alan Shearer Reveals Two Clubs That Can Stop Liverpool From Winning Premier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
U Failed To Mention One Club Which Is Atletico De Madrid, probably because U Underestimated Their Ability.U Failed To Mention One Club Which Is Atletico De Madrid, probably because U Underestimated Their Ability.U Failed To Mention One Club Which Is Atletico De Madrid, probably because U Underestimated Their Ability.

1 Like

Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 18, 2020
U Failed To Mention One Club Which Is Atletico De Madrid, probably because U Underestimated Their Ability.
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by Daguccizgreat(m): 7:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
masterP042:
Don't underestimate Barcelona, Liverpool barely escaped last season.
That team is empty now bra. They won't go beyond quarter final mark my word
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by OlawaleBammie: 7:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
joepepsy:
Abeg live me no scatter my brain which maths grin(

lol, but calculation no dey na
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by Cheeryfeet: 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2020
masterP042:
my brother, what Liverpool did last season cannot be referred to as " Barely escaped"

1 Like

Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by shogsman(m): 7:56pm On Feb 18, 2020
somehow:
Your comments show that you do not understand football dynamics.

Suffered last 4 seasons (Actually got to semi-finals 3 out of 4) means they are not a powerhouse fit to contest the trophy? How many clubs can boast of what Barca achieved in the last 5 years? getting to the semis more in 5 years is no beans!
When Real Madrid won 4 UCL cup in 5 years, how well did they perform in the league?
Does league form transform into being a sure bet in the UCL?
How many points does R. Madrid have against Barcelona that you term "bad" or "not fit to win the UCL"?
I won't go the uncultured route with you. I will use facts to break you down.

Since you want to proof smart,let's get to it,tell me the last time Barcelona got exited in this copa del rey and supercup in mid season?
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by shogsman(m): 7:59pm On Feb 18, 2020
somehow:
How much stake do you have in the franchise called Barcelona?
Ever watched a live watch before?
Ever voted in any of the decisions taken before?
Ever attended any official fan's meeting before?
Do you have shares with Barcelona?

What exactly do you know about being a fan?

I've been to the camp nou twice,watched Barcelona played live in 2 different countries. I'm a registered fan,I bought Jerseys directly from the stadium and paid my dues.
Next time don't just talk any how.
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by shogsman(m): 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2020
somehow:
Your comments show that you do not understand football dynamics.

Suffered last 4 seasons (Actually got to semi-finals 3 out of 4) means they are not a powerhouse fit to contest the trophy? How many clubs can boast of what Barca achieved in the last 5 years? getting to the semis more in 5 years is no beans!
When Real Madrid won 4 UCL cup in 5 years, how well did they perform in the league?
Does league form transform into being a sure bet in the UCL?
How many points does R. Madrid have against Barcelona that you term "bad" or "not fit to win the UCL"?
I won't go the uncultured route with you. I will use facts to break you down.

I will school you today.
Last year barca only lost one game in laliga, a year before that they only lost once too,this year they lost 4 even before mid season.

Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by sulasa07(m): 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
masterP042:
From 3-0 down is now a barely escape,yeye dey smell cool
masterP042:
From 3-0 down is now a barely escape,yeye dey smell
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2020
masterP042:

No, real Madrid will knockout Barcelona as times progresses.
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by Shugargal(f): 8:14pm On Feb 18, 2020
masterP042:
I'm a Barcelona fan but I gat no hope bro... our form this season is giving me concern... Still wishing them all the very best and injury free.
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by masterP042(m): 8:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
shogsman:

That's the problem you kids have,you let sentiments cloud your judgement, FYI I'm a registered Barcelona fan who have actually watched them play live more than once and I've been to the camp nou also,that's to tell how involved I am with my club.
In 24 matches in laliga alone this season barca has drawed 4 times and lost 4 times that's almost an all time low for the club,they've been inconsistent for the last 3-4 years in the champions league, they got catapulted from the supercup and copa del rey already and you're telling me they can beat Liverpool.that has just drawn once in their league this season.
Be rational With your thoughts, if you were a true member you'll know how much far gone the team is currently
I'm not trying to argue with you, but if you're a Barcelona fan you'll know that Barcelona are good at home at least. They didn't lose a league game at camp nou last year. I don't think there's any team right now that can comfortably beat barca home and away.

1 Like

Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by Shugargal(f): 8:19pm On Feb 18, 2020
solmus:
angry

shame dey always catch me as Arsenal fan

Why na? Rome wasn't built in a day. All they need is to get good player and stop calculating money. though to be in UCL nobi moimoi.. make shame node catch you jor..
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by shogsman(m): 8:36pm On Feb 18, 2020
masterP042:

I'm not trying to argue with you, but if you're a Barcelona fan you'll know that Barcelona are good at home at least. They didn't lose a league game at camp nou last year. I don't think there's any team right now that can comfortably beat barca home and away.
They've conceded more than half of what they've scored this season in the league alone.it's not logical to compare them with a club that almost has an 100% record in the most competitive league in the world.
Liverpool wasn't this hot last year and they defeater a well positioned Barcelona that played in the final of their two domestic cup and won the league.
So imagine Liverpool at the best form of their life facing a straggling Barcelona who doesn't even have a striker, no Suarez,no dembele,please is it the 17year old in the front that will beat the likes of vandikj.
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by shogsman(m): 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
masterP042:

You can't possibly love the club as much as I do bro,but we can't let our emotions stop us from saying the truth.
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by m140(m): 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2020
uthlaw:
you think every club in europe are premier league team....even semi final they no go rich....I no wan noise just reason me make we bet!
Your team go rich sha
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by 4gunners(m): 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2020
Any link to watch this match
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by aristocratic5(m): 9:10pm On Feb 18, 2020
badmrkt:
How about Chelshit
Chelshit na club?
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by kessler53(m): 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2020
masterP042:
thank you very much.
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by german01(m): 9:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
PSG or Bayern Munich mark my word
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by somehow: 10:32pm On Feb 18, 2020
shogsman:

I will school you today.
Last year barca only lost one game in laliga, a year before that they only lost once too,this year they lost 4 even before mid season.
You are contradicting yourself

Read what I typed and what you typed.

you are repeating what I just said

league form different from ucl form

so, judging Barca by the league form thisseason even though they are just a point behind R. madrid does not mean they can't win the ucl
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by somehow: 10:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
shogsman:

I've been to the camp nou twice,watched Barcelona played live in 2 different countries. I'm a registered fan,I bought Jerseys directly from the stadium and paid my dues.
Next time don't just talk any how.

I have also been to heaven twice
have a flat near Eden
have 2 percent stake in heaven.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by somehow: 10:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
shogsman:

Since you want to proof smart,let's get to it,tell me the last time Barcelona got exited in this copa del rey and supercup in mid season?

why are you confusing yourself?

When did league form start determining who wins in Europe?
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 10:55pm On Feb 18, 2020
Yeye liverpool
Atletico madrid comot dem
Na only english u get mouth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by shogsman(m): 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2020
somehow:

I have also been to heaven twice
have a flat near Eden
have 2 percent stake in heaven.
don't quote me again,Shalom.
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by Frankiss44(m): 11:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
Minemrys:

just watch wetin Liverpool go play today. The tactics Klopp would use today, Atletico w0n't defend today. Shey dem want defend? Lol.

How market brother? We dey put small money for where our mouth dey oh �

1 Like

Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 18, 2020
Suspect33:
Following several action-packed and exciting group stage face-offs, the Champions League is about to get even more interesting with its Round of 16 encounters that kicks off today. European powerhouses are already gearing up in anticipation for the next matches. Once again, all eyes will be on last season's champions, Liverpool.

The Reds are rising in momentum once again as we approach the business end of the campaign. They are in a league of their own in the Premier League, currently topping the table with 73 points from 25 games

The red-hot form of Jurgen Klopp's men has inspired many to tip them to emulate Real Madrid and defend the coveted title. However, that might not end up being the case as there are a few clubs who are also determined to win the European tournament

The fact that they are good in EPL does not mean they will excel in champions league.
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by ayusco85(m): 11:08pm On Feb 18, 2020
NORSYK:
As it stands now no club in Europe will defeat Liverpool.
Only Juventus and Atletico Madrid can make attempt

You lie
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
This did not age well

Second leg might bury this thread cheesy
Re: 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League by Teaser4(m): 11:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
Rayhandrinni:
None of them is worthy
how market

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 22nd March 2015 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 3rd January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.