Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Please Help Translate Igbo To English. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Please Help Translate Igbo To English. (13733 Views)

Help Translate This Yoruba Word To English / Please Translate From Yoruba To English Thank You Very Much (ese Pupo) / Please Help Translate This Yoruba Language To English! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by wug984(m): 11:30pm On Jun 01, 2007
Ezigbo ubosi!

I am new to Nairaland! I am very interested in learning the Igbo Language. A friend just recently emailed me this and I am struggling to understand what it means. Can someone native help me translate it to English?

"Nsogbu a diro, nwanna! Kpo m ngbe inwere efe na igwe eji ekwu okwu. Aga m a kuziri gi nke n ma."

Dalu!
-David
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by sophienwa(f): 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2007
i can only translate the first part from the little igbo i know.
nsogbu a diro, nwanna - there is no problem , my brother!
sorry i cant go any farther
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by ghettochyk(f): 1:29am On Jun 03, 2007
wug984:

Ezigbo ubosi!

I am new to Nairaland! I am very interested in learning the Igbo Language. A friend just recently emailed me this and I am struggling to understand what it means. Can someone native help me translate it to English?

"Nsogbu a diro, nwanna! Kpo m ngbe inwere efe na igwe eji ekwu okwu. Aga m a kuziri gi nke n ma."

Dalu!
-David
"no problem my brother. call me when you get the chance and a phone to talk" (i think dats what dat part was). "i will teach you the one i know, thank you!--David"

there you go, i AM a nice person wink

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by monshege: 2:25am On Jun 03, 2007
ghettochyk:

"no problem my brother. call me when you get the chance and a phone to talk" (i think that is what that part was). "i will teach you the one i know, thank you!--David"

GC you got it, except for the part of "and a phone to talk". it ought to be "call me when you are available to talk on the phone"
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by wug984(m): 3:33am On Jun 03, 2007
Wow!
You guys are awesome, this is truly appreciated!!
Ya gazie!!
-David
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by ghettochyk(f): 5:20am On Jun 03, 2007
wug984:

"Nsogbu a diro, nwanna! Kpo m ngbe inwere efe[size=14pt] na igwe eji ekwu okwu[/size].

@monshege
i wasn't sure about dat one being in dat sentence because by the Igbo dat[b] I[/b] know, na igwe eji ekwu okwu means (literally) "and a machine dat you talk with"
so whoever sent him dat msg prolly meant to say "Kpo m na igwe eji ekwu okwu mgbe i nwere efe"<----which is "call me on the phone when you are available" as opposed to the original ---> "when you are available, call me on the phone"  i guess the word arrangement was what made it confusing (in Igbo) because "NA" could mean "on" (in/etc.) or "and" but I took it as and in dis case.
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by Ikomi(m): 11:29am On Jun 03, 2007
ghettochyk:

"no problem my brother. call me when you get the chance and a phone to talk" (i think that is what that part was). "i will teach you the one i know, thank you!--David"

GC has taken an ample opportunity to disgrace us here again. GC undecided
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by ghettochyk(f): 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2007
Ikomi:

onye? muwa eh? so, o wu mu ka i n'apkari otua eh? ekwela ka m pia gi koboko! angry
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by monshege: 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2007
Ikomi:

hahahaha Ikomi you have started here. lets not air our linens in the public, we shall be free to do it in the ohaneze ndi igbo forum
GC, i get what you are saying. sometimes, igbo translation is not done literally
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by ghettochyk(f): 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2007
good!! but tell him to take time oooo!!! tongue
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by echelon(m): 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2007
Translation: "There is no problem, brother! Call me on the phone in your spare time. I will teach you the one I know"

from Eche

Your message:
Ezigbo ubosi!

I am new to Nairaland!  I am very interested in learning the Igbo Language.  A friend just recently emailed me this and I am struggling to understand what it means.  Can someone native help me translate it to English?

"Nsogbu a diro, nwanna! Kpo m ngbe inwere efe na igwe eji ekwu okwu.  Aga m a kuziri gi nke n ma."

Dalu!
-David
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by mrsmbaso(m): 4:15pm On Jun 20, 2009
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by ifyalways(f): 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2009
mrsmbaso:

hey guys, im trying to learn igbo too and was wondering if anyone can help me translate this

dan iska ka rubuta domin matan ka ta gani ko

i think its igbo anyway if not any kind of help will be appreciated thanks x
rofl
This is no Igbo,it looks like Huasa,take it to the offical translation thread. wink
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by mrsmbaso(m): 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2009
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by mrsmbaso(m): 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2009
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by ifyalways(f): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2009
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by lengeme: 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2010
Hi Everybody!

I know this is not the right topic bet can anybody help me to translate a nigerian word: KPOGIRI ?

We have a bet with my nigerian bf that I can t find a person all over the world who could translate this igbo word. Bet I think there sould be somebody who can translate it.
And I wanna win Smiley and want to prove that there is somebody on the word who know what does it mean.

Somebody could give an advice where or how can I find it?

Thanks,

Mse
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by krispavkov: 6:29pm On Mar 08, 2010
I got this message from a friend,please can you translate that to me:Onye m huru na aya i ka na raraula biko kuln na awa gi.
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by krispavkov: 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2010
Pls, can someone tell me what 'On ye m huru na aya i ka na raraula biko kuln na awa gi.' means in igbo language?
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by lengeme: 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2010
Hi!

It means: "Who I love, don t go yet I have done my best."

Mse
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by krispavkov: 11:31pm On Mar 10, 2010
Pls, can you tell me what 'a na m'ahu anya gi nsusu ' means in igbo language?
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by lengeme: 6:11pm On Mar 11, 2010
'a na m'ahu anya gi nsusu ' - i m not sure but something like this: 'I am seeing ur eyes' I don t know what does it mean nsusu.

I hope it helps to u.

Mse
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by krispavkov: 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2010
Yes, that helps me a lot, thanks
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by slap1(m): 9:41pm On Mar 11, 2010
^ d sentence is not correct, though 'nsusu' means 'kissing'.
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by jellybaby: 9:56pm On Dec 20, 2010
please help me with these two comments

Nwoke,ina eje ogu

adim ka onye na eje ogu
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by donkarly(m): 9:53am On Dec 31, 2010
jellybaby:

please help me with these two comments

Nwoke,ina eje ogu

adim ka onye na eje ogu
mr man are you going to fight?
am i like someone going to fight?
Re: Please Help Translate Igbo To English. by jellybaby: 12:47am On Jan 09, 2011
Thanks for your reply smiley

(1) (Reply)

Effects Of Large Tribal Marks On Faces / Igbo Word For Precious / Why Is Esu Associated With Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.