Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage (3286 Views)

Nigeria (Dating & Marriage): Does The Complexion Really Matters? / Lady Older Than The Man In Marriage,does It Matter? / Age Difference Between A Man And Woman In Marriage? Does It Really Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by tantan: 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2010
am baffled by the issue of courtship before marriage because to my understanding either the long and short courtship will not guarantee a succesful marrige coz any girl that knows that u want to marry her will neva reveal her true color. i think prayer is the only way out for God to find u a suitable partner in this world. And to cap it all if a courtship must hold, what must be the least duration. BE SINCERE PLS COZ I WIL LIKE TO MAKE USE OF UR SUGGESTIONS.
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by Dsense(m): 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2010
Prayer ok!!!. . , But you will still need to understand her berra and the only way is to keep dating for sometimes before marriage with prayers of course!!!
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by Phate07(m): 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2010

Yeah, most times. Courtship increases awareness of partner's weaknesses, deficiencies and strenghts.
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by tantan: 2:11pm On Dec 16, 2010
but for how long will u date her at least
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by Phate07(m): 2:18pm On Dec 16, 2010

For as long as possible. Could be 2 months, 6 months, 1year, 2years or whatever.
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2010
tantan:

am baffled by the issue of courtship before marriage because to my understanding either the long and short courtship will not guarantee a succesful marrige coz any girl that knows that u want to marry her will neva reveal her true color. i think prayer is the only way out for God to find u a suitable partner in this world. And to cap it all if a courtship must hold, what must be the least duration. BE SINCERE PLS COZ I WIL LIKE TO MAKE USE OF your SUGGESTIONS.

nothing guarantees a succesful marriage dating only has advantages i.e you get to know the person before you commit that how people used to do long back they wouldnt be having se/x

just a prayer wont give you a good partner i.e praying in home and you dont go out to meet people eg at church no one will see you

there is no formular for successful marraige if there was am sure all married people who be very happy in their marriages
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by tosyne007(m): 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2010
dating does not guarantee successful marriage. it takes the grace of God for marriage to work and it also takes the grace of God for one to understand his/her partner cos some people are talented "pretenders" and would not show who they really are until the knots have been tied.
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by kufreabasi(m): 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2010
It does base on individual. Your own choic can't be mine.
It works for me neatly and blessfully
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2010
tosyne007:

dating does not guarantee successful marriage. it takes the grace of God for marriage to work and it also takes the grace of God for one to understand his/her partner cos some people are talented "pretenders" and would not show who they really are until the knots have been tied.

it is not the grace of GOD but your own work through GOD

GOD helps those who helps themselves i.e you dont have to sit and wait for GOD to work it out for you but you work it our yourselfs and as long you pray to your GOD he will bless you more with wisdom
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by Omolola1(f): 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2010
courtship b4 marriage is very productive but shouldnt be a long one
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by kufreabasi(m): 4:03pm On Dec 16, 2010
Omolola1:

Like how long do you expect your own to be?
Never let it be long. once you guys get to study each other to know do and don't, then why not proceed and fulfil the laws of life?
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by r231(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2010
Omolola1:

why?

how long is LONG
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by kokoye(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^^

long is relative.

courtship is definately adviced but does not guarantee success.

I will just say life will be better if those involved are best of friends.
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by deny(m): 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2010
Well prayer is good though and court ship allow you both to understand each other week point such as habit etc .but it shouldn't be long,i court my wife. just for three month n i discover she had a hot temper n thank God have been able to change her.
Re: Courtship Before Marriage, Does It Guarantee A Succesful Marriage by livedit(f): 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2010
Courtmanship is always good. Because you do need to find out if you two are compatible.  You need to try to get to know each other.  While it's true when you are courting, most people put their best foot out.  This is why it's a great to have a strong relationship with God.  Because it is He who know's all and who will put you with someone who will be equally yoked with you.  Having a good prayer life and reading God's word is definitely a absolute MUST for wisdom and relevelation.  However, you have to put your faith to work.  Your spouse won't come floating down on a cloud from heaven with some flowers in his/her hand asking for your hand in marriage.  That is why you should step out on faith and get out there and date.  No one is guarantee anything, not even your life span.  Because the bible says: tomorrow is not promised to no one.  Therefore, courting is natural act to find out if you two are suitable and you also get to learn more about yourself in the process.

(1) (Reply)

She Got Offended Because I refused to have Sex With Her. / Dilemma: She's Hot as hell, crazy on bed, rich, older but she wants us married.. / I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.