Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding (68082 Views)

A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding / Pastor Folayemi Richard Beat Pregnant Wife To Coma 3 Months After Wedding / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
“My last moment with Sa’adatu was on Saturday, February 1, when I visited her in the hospital. We looked at each other smiling. I prayed and blessed her. I rubbed her head, encouraging and condoling her that she would, b

This one got my attention... U rub her head on ur what, her conditions no dey pity u , u forced her to give u head even on sick bed, all u care is ur abunna in her mourh .. U kwe gwe
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by victorian(f): 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2020
AreaFada2:

It was the injured wife who was praying to God thus. Maybe she thought that was her last moment on earth. Only GOD knew what she was seeing or feeling as she recited that prayer.

I am not a Muslim but I know people of different upbringing deal with sudden dangerous situations differently.
RIP.

Oh that's true.

Just re read it nw.

Sighs May her soul rest in peace amen.

People If u don't know how to use gas cooker, call the owner to show u how to use it, don't presume u can figure it out. Gas is highly inflammable.

Peace #
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Skmoda360(m): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
bunnae:

Teenager? Did you read the post or just commented based on the headline?

May she RIP.
the dude is sick and demented
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2020
LARRYOBRAIN:
I told my wife, no use of gas in my home.
I have seen casualties, I dey use my electric cooker and stove.
Life sweet oo.
When you try to switch on your TV it could electrocute you to death.
When you try to switch on your generator it could explode for unknown reasons.
Even kerosene stoves explode, electric cookers shock to death, hailstorms kill people in the streets too unexpectedly.

Life is a shitty risk, you could die at any moment, live life to the fullest.

3 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2020
Winchi people, the handi work of a jealous rival undecided
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
majamajic:
The teenager might not being exposed wella to use of gas cooker before then

May she rest in peace !

Did you read!

Smh...

This is why you have been unable to secure a job

2 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by DarkJeddi(m): 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2020
majamajic:

May she rest in peace !
Which Teenager are you talking about? angry

Since when is a 30 year old a Teenager?

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by dominique(f): 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mshad662:
This is why I will always use Stove, Kerosene or Electric Stove.

You've not heard of people dying or getting burnt from kerosine explosion before? If you take proper precautions when using a gas cylinder, explosions like this will be avoided.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by MillerJnr(m): 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
Johnson225:

Read and comprehend before commenting
their hate for Islam has made them to be really confused, mutane banza
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by frog12: 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
the article does not say a gas cylinder was in the kitchen with gas cooker.

ijustdey:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/a-short-lived-marriage-and-a-tragedy.html
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by MillerJnr(m): 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
shogsman:

Ironically, you're the bitter, miserable, depressed and suicidal person here,what he said was not out of line, but being the extremist that you are you took it extremely.

you are not tolerant of other people's beliefs
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Titogbanski: 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
VERY SAD..
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by 3pli: 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
R I P

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Mshad662(m): 2:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
dominique:

You've not heard of people dying or getting burnt from kerosine explosion before? If you take proper precautions when using a gas cylinder, explosions like this will be avoided.

IDFWU

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
easiest:

Okay when the help later come didn't she go back to her creator?

You don't need to fear Muslim about that we are train to remember death every second so to be good all the time we spend here because it's God only when we are returning back to him.
it actually makes you not to value the life of others.

which creator? she will turn to manure
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 19, 2020
maasoap:

Because she probably knew what was at stake. Muslims are encouraged to say that when they suspect the end might have been around the corner. My opinion, it gives one strength to face the imminent death.
And you don't need to fear Muslim, death is unavoidable whether you like it or not.

Yes o. Our faith, our religion makes us boss to death.
is that why there is close to 0 value for life in Muslims countries?
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
victorian:

As in ehn? Im shocked

He had already sentenced her dead in his room before going forth to take her to the hospital and deceiving people he is worried about his wife making it alive.
But he has cursed her to die instead. Smhhhh.

People be careful whom u marry. Not every intention is pure.

Na wa o.
maybe that is why they don't value other people's life
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Samtobh(m): 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
AFONJAPIG:

“My last moment with Sa’adatu was on Saturday, February 1, when I visited her in the hospital. We looked at each other smiling. I prayed and blessed her. I rubbed her head, encouraging and condoling her that she would, b

This one got my attention... U rub her head on ur what, her conditions no dey pity u , u forced her to give u head even on sick bed, all u care is ur abunna in her mourh .. U kwe gwe

Haba shocked

A rub on her head is like patting her to keep the faith she will pull thru. Even babies sleep off when you do this to damn

Have a little concern for the mourning hubby please!
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Made in China gas cylinders, only God will save us.

But Gas got one pungent smell that's detectable naw

you'd be surprised at the number of people who don't have good sense of smell.

a high percentage people completely lack it

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Slickest(m): 3:24pm On Feb 19, 2020
ArmaniUhuru:

30 years teenager?

They don't read
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 19, 2020
RIP
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by babapressy(m): 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lord have mercy
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by hapiness44(f): 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
News like this scares me. People that live upstairs, how should they manage the cylinder?

My cylinder is in my kitchen and Everytime I do heavy cooking, the kitchen becomes so hot and unbearable. God continue to protect us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by mechanics(m): 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
baysherpsyche:
Very sad.
Most people ought to be cautious with highly inflammable substances in the home esp. Cooking gas.

RIP sa'adatu.
We just have to be careful in handling this gas cooker.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by mechanics(m): 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
Olalan:
RIP to her.....May God console her husband and family.
BTW there is a need for the govt to educate the people on the proper usage of gas but unfortunately we have a useless govt that places no value on human life.
We should also play our part and not wait for govt.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Cuteamigo1(m): 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
Yesterday we had our own close call at home last night. The regulator was bad and the gas was blowing with full force with efforts to put it off all in vane. We had to take it outside then poor a heap of sand on it to put of the fire before removing the burner completely and replacing it this morning. This things are dangerous and I learnt a lesson yesterday. When you gas is burning out of control, poor a heap of sand on it to put it off. If

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by omakay(m): 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
frog12:

I can bet you a million horses that this was exactly the case.

On January 12, 2020, exactly 27 days after their wedding, newlyweds, Sa’adatu Muhammad Babangida and her husband Najib Ahmad were at home in Jos when she complained of toothache. At about 10:30pm she went to the kitchen to brew some java pepper (a blend of coffee) that would help alleviate her pains.

Najib waited in the bedroom but soon heard an explosion from within the house. Most of the ceiling caved in, as did most of their newly-minted lives in what the husband, Najib, would describe as “a terrible moment.” A gas explosion in the kitchen had left Sa’adatu badly burnt, crying for help.

“I started hearing Sa’adatu from the room crying
“Inna liLlahi wa inna ilaihi raji’un,” (to God we belong and to God we shall return.) I then concluded that something dreadful had happened to my lovely wife,” Najib said.

He found his wife on the kitchen floor, writhing in pain, half of her body covered in burns. He rushed her to the Jos University Teaching Hospital where he hoped she could be treated.

99% of the time, it is the cylinders that explode and not the cooker.

The problem is always the location of the pressurized gas.
[b][/b]
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Obiagu01: 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by memilanmania(m): 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
majamajic:

May she rest in peace !

Not been exposed to use of gas Because she wore hijab or she’s from the north ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by majamajic(m): 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Which Teenager are you talking about? angry

Since when is a 30 year old a Teenager?

They edited after my comment yesterday before it made FP today, FTC guys knows that this do happen

My prayers with the family

( This is reply to all the mentions )

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by omakay(m): 3:50pm On Feb 19, 2020
Cuteamigo1:
Yesterday we had our own close call at home last night. The regulator was bad and the gas was blowing with full force with efforts to put it off all in vane. We had to take it outside then poor a heap of sand on it to put of the fire before removing the burner completely and replacing it this morning. This things are dangerous and I learnt a lesson yesterday. When you gas is burning out of control, poor a heap of sand on it to put it off. If

Exactly what am saying.

If that cylinder was outside the kitchen, most of the gas would disperse into the large atmosphere.

GAS CYLINDERS SHOULD NOT BE IN THE KITCHEN........... SAND OR NOT.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult / Mia And Rozonno McGhee That Had Sextuplets 6 Years Ago Vs Now (Photos) / Elderly Man Weds Little Girl In Northern Nigeria (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.