Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Nigerian Students In China During The CORONAVIRUS - Are They Safe? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students In China During The CORONAVIRUS - Are They Safe? (262 Views)

A Nairalander Visits The World's Coolest Library In China, Shares Her Experience / Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions / Hurricane Maria In Dominican: Buhari Orders Evacuation Of Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In China During The CORONAVIRUS - Are They Safe? by gentlegeorge1(m): 10:41am On Feb 19, 2020
It is no longer news that the WUHAN CORONAVIRUS has necessitated the LOCKDOWN of the CITY OF WUHAN.

There is a video circulating on social media of Nigerians begging the Nigerian government to come and take them out - Let me explain somethings to you in this POST with a VIDEO.

First of all, I am a Nigerian Videographer and Youtube Content Creator based in China as a Masters Student (I study MBA) I have been in China for 2years now and I speak chinese on the intermediate level. IG - @gentle_george

Are there Nigerians in Wuhan? Yes
Are the other Nationals in Wuhan? Yes - I know other content creators currently in wuhan.
Are those in WUHAN allowed to travel out of China? Yes (if the countries they want to travel to has not banned Chinese from coming in ) and No (If you are suspected to have the virus )

The lockdown in Wuhan is to prevent crowed gatherings and human to human contacts. The Nigerians that want to be rescued from wuhan had face masks on EVEN WHILE IN THIER HOMES. So do they sleep with it?

The embassy of various countries had taken different measures like evacuating their nationals and while others have good communication links with their nationals.

NOTE: Not all Nigerians or would I say Africans in China are staying legally. Some have no visa. I personally believe that from the video of which the lady said they are hungry etc. The direction should be to the Nigerian Embassy in China whom I think should be responsible for them at this point even though I know there are lots of Nigerians in China.

[/color][color=#770077]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw04jdedWP0&t=15s

The Question now is

1. Why are their faces covered or masked (ok is it to show they are in China? They are not outside as recommended to wear the mask)
2. Why are the crying to Nigeria that already has a lot of issues going on ? (I understand their plight anyway. Me I deh village since I no fit go back my city)
3. Do they not have parents to sponsor their flight? They can actually book a flight (except the airports are not working which is untrue)
4. Could it be they do not have papers like those that were in south africa during the crisis and are looking for mass evacuation? (I do not know)

All in all, the point here is simple. I do not believe that if they are students, that the schools are not looking out for them. Maybe the case is different in WUHAN. But in other cities in china, the Chinese authorities are really looking out for the foreign students. On my channel I have shared my story about this coronavirus outbreak. You might want to look out for these thumbnails on my channel videos about the coronavirus....

(1) (Reply)

Buy Ielts Certificates Online / Brands Reward Students With N10m Scholarship, Cash Prizes, Others In Campaign / Free E-book: 101 Nigerian Success Inspirational Quotes For Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.