Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (51480 Views)

I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:
How Best Do I Handle This Issue With My Cousins August visit?

Hello everyone. I hope I don't get to bore you all too much with this palava I've found myself in.

I understand how sensitive family can be and that's why this is giving me a little bit of headache.

I have this Cousin; My aunts son from my father's side. We're almost age mates. We got to meet last year April. We had seen each other last about 17yrs ago. So it was more or less like Personalities coming in contact. As expected, we differed a lot. He was more of a rough guy, impatient with needless bravado and a penchant for letting people know how though he thinks he is.

He schools in Ogun state and I in Ondo. We met last year when he came to my school to see me. I overlooked his stupid acts as per that was our first time of meeting and he was going to spend just three days.

He told me he wanted to come again this year and I told him it'd have to be after exams ending by march - knowing fully well that by then, I'd drop another excuse. The semester is crazy right now and I have to divide my time between academics, executive duties in school, art and interior decorations I do. I get home earliest 10pm almost every day.

Last night around 1am... I was seated outside my villa enjoying the night breeze and trying to write a few articles when my neighbor asked me if this my cousin had come... I was confused. My cousin had told this girl he was coming and truly he was on his way.. all the way from Ogun state. At 1am. It was when it got a bit crazy in the street that he called me to help him get to my villa. Which I did but didn't speak to him... Wouldn't trash my cousin before a girl.

The issue is this.

1. I need my privacy.. Being alone helps me focus on work and academics. I need nobody around me. My grades need to be revamped.

2. I don't smoke and I laid down rules that he should never try it around me... I got home today to pick an artwork and my charlet was full of smoke. He did that.

3. Talks with the rural rugged guys in my area. I don't want any mix whatsoever with those guys

4. His bravado is next to foolishness. Where's he's supposed to stay low, he'll act up. He sags extra lower than normal, wears earrings and talks like a thug.

5. He seems to attract cultists to himself even in his school. He's more or less like a baby I need to monitor

I'm not an S.U but I try to show myself as responsible in wherever I stay. Ion smoke. I'm fashionable but don't go extra mile like a juvenile.

Please, I need the best way to eject this guy out of my place ASAP. I'm too busy to have someone around. I do not need this. Talking to him in a brotherly manner makes him flare up. I wouldn't want to make this rough as I tend to lose control when I get really angry.

Please advise

You are disciplined and focused.I like your style.You will go places.Simply ask him to leave.Its for the greater good.You are doing good man and well-done.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Kobicove(m): 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

Hello ...brotherly manner makes him flare up. I wouldn't want to make this rough as I tend to lose control when I get really angry.

Please advise

Tell him straight up to leave your house that you need to prepare for your exams undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by chily11: 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
This is what I normally do then in school just tell him you're traveling and go-to your friends place.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by lucky4west: 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
bro it is very likely yur coz has gotten himself into trouble somewhere and he is hiding out in ur place all the unnecessary bravado is to make u feel he is not afraid or running from any one and again his life style shows he is likely to have issues wherever he goes...he is more like a cultist, a trouble maker and a go-go kind of guy who wanna mix with every one thinking that is what will make him acceptable to all...though some girls like guys like that...his life style is the loud type which is opposite to your own, tel him in clear terms to leave that u d not need distractions from him, cal his parents, siblings tel them every thing and ur reasons...dem no de use shame eat poison ooh

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by infogenius(m): 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
Op, u may need to go for a short trip by weekend.

Tell him today that u're going somewhere by weekend and u're not leaving him behind all at home.

Don't dwell too much on his attitude because he won't change.

Prepare for ur trip once u come back on Friday. Tell him to get his things to and on Saturday both of you can check out.

You can return same day at night or the following day its up to you but let him know that u need ur privacy and u don't want him to come over to stay once u're back from the trip.

You can even plan ur trip for Friday its up to you.

That guy may put u in trouble kindly discharge him as soon as possible

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by golddare: 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

Hello everyone. I hope I don't get to bore you all too much with this palava I've found myself in.

I understand how sensitive family can be and that's why this is giving me a little bit of headache.

I have this Cousin; My aunts son from my father's side. We're almost age mates. We got to meet last year April. We had seen each other last about 17yrs ago. So it was more or less like Personalities coming in contact. As expected, we differed a lot. He was more of a rough guy, impatient with needless bravado and a penchant for letting people know how though he thinks he is.

He schools in Ogun state and I in Ondo. We met last year when he came to my school to see me. I overlooked his stupid acts as per that was our first time of meeting and he was going to spend just three days.

He told me he wanted to come again this year and I told him it'd have to be after exams ending by march - knowing fully well that by then, I'd drop another excuse. The semester is crazy right now and I have to divide my time between academics, executive duties in school, art and interior decorations I do. I get home earliest 10pm almost every day.

Last night around 1am... I was seated outside my villa enjoying the night breeze and trying to write a few articles when my neighbor asked me if this my cousin had come... I was confused. My cousin had told this girl he was coming and truly he was on his way.. all the way from Ogun state. At 1am. It was when it got a bit crazy in the street that he called me to help him get to my villa. Which I did but didn't speak to him... Wouldn't trash my cousin before a girl.

The issue is this.

1. I need my privacy.. Being alone helps me focus on work and academics. I need nobody around me. My grades need to be revamped.

2. I don't smoke and I laid down rules that he should never try it around me... I got home today to pick an artwork and my charlet was full of smoke. He did that.

3. Talks with the rural rugged guys in my area. I don't want any mix whatsoever with those guys

4. His bravado is next to foolishness. Where's he's supposed to stay low, he'll act up. He sags extra lower than normal, wears earrings and talks like a thug.

5. He seems to attract cultists to himself even in his school. He's more or less like a baby I need to monitor

I'm not an S.U but I try to show myself as responsible in wherever I stay. Ion smoke. I'm fashionable but don't go extra mile like a juvenile.

Please, I need the best way to eject this guy out of my place ASAP. I'm too busy to have someone around. I do not need this. Talking to him in a brotherly manner makes him flare up. I wouldn't want to make this rough as I tend to lose control when I get really angry.

Please advise

1.Manage him till the end of your rent, change your accommodation and your sim card. That guy is trouble.

Or

2. Dust your bible since you are not SU and make church activitvities and vigils matter to tire him.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by KulKid(m): 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
Do you want him out of the house because of your privacy or you want him out because he’s the rough type? This are two different things! I once stayed with my sister and it got to a stage she was giving me rules even telling me to wash her cloths including her undies! The day I do it she will be happy the day I don’t it’s attitude all through! I’m the eldest and I don’t smoke or drink,I’m this reserved type due to the family I come from! When I told her what she’s doing is wrong she said come see nothing like seniority for Lagos o if u see who put you for house u better be ready to obey their rules because nobody dey put person for house for Lagos! Brother I was shocked! This matter got to a stage we had an argument which led to me leaving and I came to noticed even though she was my sister she wasn’t ready to accommodate anybody because she wants privacy but then again I was her blood brother for crying out loud! My brother life is like a circle o! The same ring you swing in it comes back to meet you! If your cousin isn’t stealing your money if he isn’t bringing girls to sleep with in your house then I think is something you can handle! Just call him one on one and talk to him! But whatever u do make sure both of you are still in good terms don’t throw him out of the house I repeat don’t throw him out!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by oliverlistic(m): 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

I don't know about who'll win the fight but I wrestle and take other self defense classes.

We'll see how it goes

Fighting a man should not be an option. Clearly his on the run so calmly talk it over with he, chose your words and make he understand you need your space. Whatever you think he is i also believe he understands when he's welcome and when he's not.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by YorubaLord: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
What if your cousin is on this platform reading this? grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by blezzy080: 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2020
You dy come my crib u no inform me? If you like call Buhari i no go ever open my door for you. Na me and you pay rent? undecided
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Originalsly: 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2020
Bro.... your house... your rules. Did he come to visit?...or to live? You need not have any discussions. .. nor explanations. You do the telling... straight up.

I thought you came for a few days... that's long past. I made it clear... no smoking.. it didn't matter. By tomorrow night you need to leave. End of discussion

Let your family members and workmates/friends know. Tomorrow night... he is still there... tell him to leave immediately... within 5 minutes. He doesn't.... open with a solid punch to his left temple.... any sign of reltaliation... be brutal with him. Bullies have to be bullied... he will know you are not one to cross. When he leaves... should he as much as hint of a threat... .. that's enough for Beat Down Part 2. That guy at the moment has no intention of leaving... the longer he stays... the border he will get.. the more links he will make with the locals... the more your life would be in danger. If you think he is a cultist... then your life is at stake just as his.... cultists stop at cultists. Forget family.... force him out.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by YorubaLord: 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
otipoju:
He is a cultist and uses your place as a hiding place. This cannot end well. Better relocate for him or tell your aunty and if he wants to fight be prepared to do so savagely.

I swear, God bless you.... Otipoju Baba Saida! grin
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by alexmakaay(m): 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

The issue is this.

Please advise

Brother, the truth is that you are afraid of your cousin. yes!! that's the truth. If not, give him a warning and if he continues.. tell her mum. simple.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by dprlucky(m): 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

The issue is this.

Please advise
Since he is also a student, it therefore means that his intention was not to stay for too long. u have to apply caution in whatever u do to him because he will always make reference to it. for the time being, u can tolerate his excesses and device other means like going to school to read. blood is thicker than water.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by edunwanna: 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
See this meme collections and U will understand why Africa is the best place to be happy shocked
grin angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d5l5e9oz6U
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Madu100t(m): 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
So sorry for I have been in your shoe, but mine was worse than yours, because, my cousin do not only do all the above you mentioned, he brings in cultist with diff girls each time I left home, he do empty my wallet each time I drop it on d table, he drag matress with me, we fought on two occasions, he told me than I can't chase him out and it was truth, my food, he ends full pot of rice at a go, indomie, he finishes 4 packs at once, he sold my cloths when I do not leave my wallet for him to access cash, he even go to my neighbors kitchen to fetch food in her absence, but God fought the war for me, he woke up one morning, and told me he want to travel for her mom called, I instantly borrowed 6k and give him, soon as he got home, I call everyone to tell them that I don't need him close to me, he trait me it was then her parents told me that they never new he was in d city instead of niger state were he was schooling.
Dear you are in, use all u gat to push him out, and cut off totally just as I did, I deleted his number and told him never to call me again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by shineeye1: 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

The issue is this.

Please advise

Life can get complicated when you are not decisive when you should! The moment I get the info that the maga was heading my way at 1 am, I would lock up my place and immediately relocate temporarily to frustrate his hang on plan. I don't mind lodging in an inn or close friends place for a few days until I confirm the unreasonable marlian has given up on hanging in my house. Imagine the idiocy! You phone a girlfriend by 1am that you are coming over, meanwhile the guy you want to hang on has not even been notified let alone seeking his consent! Lunatics everywhere! The only language clear to any mad man is a corresponding lunatic communication, such as suddenly locking your place and cutting off communication with him until you confirm he has redirected himself elsewhere! Awán wéré

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Situation001(m): 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
before you can be able to do that you just need not be a sissy.. tell him straight that you need privacy as you will be engaging in some things that require you be alone and you are expecting him to leave your place by so and so day.. give him a specific day to find his square root.. and you just have to be serious with it.. I'll advise you don't engage his momma.. but if his momma call to ask y u evict his boy den open ul to her..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Adgideon(m): 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
Just tell him how you feel, or better still set your rules b4 him he fails to comply, then tell him asalavister

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by mrdino(m): 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

The issue is this.

Please advise

1. Allow your house to be used for house fellowship centre by your church members (assuming you are a Christian, if not, I believe the Muslim brethren should also have something similar to that). Mandate your cousin to attend.

2. Or sublet your apartment to another student, and move elsewhere.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by BennyDon: 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
Cook up lies and vacate your apartment for just three days. Stay with a friend who lives a bit far from where you reside. Don't forget to lock your doors and windows. The eedihot would find his way.

Knotty marlian!
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by CorleonOfSicily: 4:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
The next thing I will put on my television and in the headlines; "a man was arrested in Ondo state after fleeing justice from Ogun state alongside his accomplice"

Then Nairaland will reechoe with he is a nairalander

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by betterview3: 4:25pm On Feb 19, 2020
oluwaseyi000:

Why not concentrate on buying airtime from glo, mtn, Airtel and 9mobile or their agents, I'm sure they have more than any amount you need or I'm I missing something p?

Distributors and dealers sell cheaper because they want to meet targets.

They now cover for loss of selling cheaper from incentives mtn glo etc pays.

I guess that's the reason.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Dollabiz: 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
Why...remember your kids might also need help tommorrow

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by DarkJeddi(m): 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
igbolastborn:
Because you have a place to stay and you are ok, may you not be rejected in life. This life na once o, so help while you can, he is your cousin na, dont be an ingrate like Buhari.

Check my signature, so you won't have a cousin use you do shakara
Na by force?

The guy said he no want,make he kuku dey go him own house..

Abi he no get house?

Somebody, without preamble landed in your house by 1am and has been constituting nuisance and you are talking of being an ingrate?

Make he dey go him own house..

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Slickest(m): 4:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
You wonder why good guys end up dead in this kind of mix up? Because they always respect those who don't deserve it, they take shit from ppl lyk ur couz ND tell other ppl about it, they know what to do but won't do it.

Mr. U need to be careful, cultists are animals, they don't mind using u as an avenue to tell him he Ain safe. You better do what you have to do

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by 0m0nnakoda: 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ojo to a ba ri ibi
On na ni ibi n wo ile
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Stillthebest: 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
kiss

Then do the number 5
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by SolarEdge: 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Be bold and do what gives you happiness as Sanity
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by papagiddy(m): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
just be careful, or else those cult guys around your house may attack u or break in to your apartment.to revenge for him..its a family thing, and family member will still talk about it negatively in future, to slide you sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid / Man Catches His Childless Wife Having Sex With Customer To Get Pregnant / Widow Banished For Having Sex On Late Husband’s Bed In Ebonyi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.