Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (51496 Views)

I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Kylekent59: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:
How Best Do I Handle This Issue With My Cousins August visit?

Hello everyone. I hope I don't get to bore you all too much with this palava I've found myself in.

I understand how sensitive family can be and that's why this is giving me a little bit of headache.

I have this Cousin; My aunts son from my father's side. We're almost age mates. We got to meet last year April. We had seen each other last about 17yrs ago. So it was more or less like Personalities coming in contact. As expected, we differed a lot. He was more of a rough guy, impatient with needless bravado and a penchant for letting people know how though he thinks he is.

He schools in Ogun state and I in Ondo. We met last year when he came to my school to see me. I overlooked his stupid acts as per that was our first time of meeting and he was going to spend just three days.

He told me he wanted to come again this year and I told him it'd have to be after exams ending by march - knowing fully well that by then, I'd drop another excuse. The semester is crazy right now and I have to divide my time between academics, executive duties in school, art and interior decorations I do. I get home earliest 10pm almost every day.

Last night around 1am... I was seated outside my villa enjoying the night breeze and trying to write a few articles when my neighbor asked me if this my cousin had come... I was confused. My cousin had told this girl he was coming and truly he was on his way.. all the way from Ogun state. At 1am. It was when it got a bit crazy in the street that he called me to help him get to my villa. Which I did but didn't speak to him... Wouldn't trash my cousin before a girl.

The issue is this.

1. I need my privacy.. Being alone helps me focus on work and academics. I need nobody around me. My grades need to be revamped.

2. I don't smoke and I laid down rules that he should never try it around me... I got home today to pick an artwork and my charlet was full of smoke. He did that.

3. Talks with the rural rugged guys in my area. I don't want any mix whatsoever with those guys

4. His bravado is next to foolishness. Where's he's supposed to stay low, he'll act up. He sags extra lower than normal, wears earrings and talks like a thug.

5. He seems to attract cultists to himself even in his school. He's more or less like a baby I need to monitor

I'm not an S.U but I try to show myself as responsible in wherever I stay. Ion smoke. I'm fashionable but don't go extra mile like a juvenile.

Please, I need the best way to eject this guy out of my place ASAP. I'm too busy to have someone around. I do not need this. Talking to him in a brotherly manner makes him flare up. I wouldn't want to make this rough as I tend to lose control when I get really angry.

Please advise

I had to quote you so as to ensure you read my comment before you skip.

The big question should be" how do I get rid of my cousin from my house without causing any harm,fight,disagreement or problem"

First and foremost, don't listen to all those people advising you to chase him out of your house or reporting him to aunt.

Remember this life turns around and the action you've done today will determine what the future would be.

Have you asked yourself this big question," what if I chased him and he left, in the next two years he became rich and I go to him for help. Would he help me?"

Don't let the action /advise of a nairalander ruin you in the nearest future. Anything you are doing just make sure it won't affect you in the future when you need his help.

The only way out for you now is to manage him. Allow him stay till your rent expires.

Get a new lodge/hostel, get a new sim and don't even tell your anyone that knows him your new address.

When the next secession begins, he would try to call you before coming, now your number is unreachable.

He would then call some friends he has made to check if you are around, then they might tell him you have relocated.

No means to get to you, it's now left for him to find another alternative.

I believe by this decision, in the future if he becomes rich and you show, he would still accept you, since you accepted him before, then went into oblivion without telling him your way.

You can now tell him how things went and why you ran.

Just make sure you are amicable to him or leave amicably without exchange of words or quarrelling.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

I suspected he probably was being hunted in Ogun state and had to lie low in another state.. I'd tell his mother as a last resort.

I'm going to talk to him soon as I get home again and let him know of his bullshit then if he makes it rough... We'll make it rough

the guy cannot change If you like talk from now till thy kingdom come

just monitor him one day when he go out, lock your door and block his sim on your phone for days, find where to hanged, do this like two to three times he will exit

or better still used someone as caretaker to dramatize giving you a week to leave that house

don't ever think of fighting or raising words with him, just follow those advise. that kind of person needs action not words engagement

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
share the link to this thread with him to start the process
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by pongwa(m): 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2020
You a pussy
NevetsIbot:

Hello everyone. I hope I don't get to bore you all too much with this palava I've found myself in.

I understand how sensitive family can be and that's why this is giving me a little bit of headache.

I have this Cousin; My aunts son from my father's side. We're almost age mates. We got to meet last year April. We had seen each other last about 17yrs ago. So it was more or less like Personalities coming in contact. As expected, we differed a lot. He was more of a rough guy, impatient with needless bravado and a penchant for letting people know how though he thinks he is.

He schools in Ogun state and I in Ondo. We met last year when he came to my school to see me. I overlooked his stupid acts as per that was our first time of meeting and he was going to spend just three days.

He told me he wanted to come again this year and I told him it'd have to be after exams ending by march - knowing fully well that by then, I'd drop another excuse. The semester is crazy right now and I have to divide my time between academics, executive duties in school, art and interior decorations I do. I get home earliest 10pm almost every day.

Last night around 1am... I was seated outside my villa enjoying the night breeze and trying to write a few articles when my neighbor asked me if this my cousin had come... I was confused. My cousin had told this girl he was coming and truly he was on his way.. all the way from Ogun state. At 1am. It was when it got a bit crazy in the street that he called me to help him get to my villa. Which I did but didn't speak to him... Wouldn't trash my cousin before a girl.

The issue is this.

1. I need my privacy.. Being alone helps me focus on work and academics. I need nobody around me. My grades need to be revamped.

2. I don't smoke and I laid down rules that he should never try it around me... I got home today to pick an artwork and my charlet was full of smoke. He did that.

3. Talks with the rural rugged guys in my area. I don't want any mix whatsoever with those guys

4. His bravado is next to foolishness. Where's he's supposed to stay low, he'll act up. He sags extra lower than normal, wears earrings and talks like a thug.

5. He seems to attract cultists to himself even in his school. He's more or less like a baby I need to monitor

I'm not an S.U but I try to show myself as responsible in wherever I stay. Ion smoke. I'm fashionable but don't go extra mile like a juvenile.

Please, I need the best way to eject this guy out of my place ASAP. I'm too busy to have someone around. I do not need this. Talking to him in a brotherly manner makes him flare up. I wouldn't want to make this rough as I tend to lose control when I get really angry.

Please advise

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by MrCork: 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

The issue is this.

Please advise

....jussss tell him you are gay, .....trusss me...he will disappear!! wink
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by 9jajoseph: 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ha, simple thing,
OP for you not to make him feel bad or rejected, then work out things with ur landlord or elderly person whom can take action like a landlord. I remember my year two in school. My friend have issue with house, I accommodated him for more than 3 weeks but I later realized his house haven't expired as the per story he told me. I learnt he have issues with some cult guys.

Na so I just mud brain, talk to my landlord(he doesn't stay in the compound). He was angry at first but he knows am not a troublemaker and I will do anything to avoid it.

Na so my landlord come house the next day, come dey shout for compound dey say we no dey take care of the compound, see as everywhere dirty, he just came to my doorstep, and called me out, he asked me why didn't I sweep my doorstep and how come sachets of pure water was littered everywhere. I had to call my friend and asked him who put pour water sachet for here. As my landlord see am.

The shouting no be here, na that night self he packed out

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by WildChild00(m): 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ladycewhy:
You better eject him before the people chasing him traces him to your house and gun both of you down lipsrsealed.

Oga do comot for my house ,

simple ,nor be crime.

Blood is ticker than H2o grin

My Friend sup?
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by chiefolododo(m): 4:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
extremelygolden:
You can do something.

Confide with your trusted and closest friends in school. Let them come and act up like, because they allowed you to put up with them, you're now forming owner of the house, abi? Just a little travel for few months and you're already feeling like Landlord, abi? And as if that's not enough, you went ahead to accommodate someone else.

They should ask you to pack your things and leave the room immediately before they get you arrested. You on the other hand should pretend to beg with tears in your eyes, that they should allow you to finish your exams and you'll go look for another accommodation.

Of course they're meant to say no. You no understand? cheesy You on the other hand will be grumbling as in, how are you going to cope now.
Just pick your few clothes and go stay in your friends apartment while they stay in yours. Like temporarily swapping apartment.

Make sure all this is played out when your cousin will notice at least part of the drama. I know he'll want to fight them, but just let him know that you can't pay good with evil. And that you leave them to God. And that those guys have been helpful to you for a long time now. Don't call them friends in your cousin's presence so he wouldn't know what's up.

I hate rubbish abeg.

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by emeka1759(m): 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
Free d guy abeg na confam marlian
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by dozzybreezy(m): 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
Bro if that guy stay two three days more, telling him to go will cause a serious fight and he will definitely break your skull into pieces.

Just tell him tomorrow morning that you received a call and that you are traveling immediately you and you promise to let him know when you are back. Tell him that you can't leave your house open because of your landlord wahala.He will leave and u too should frame a travel tomorrow. I have helped many guys with accommodation and none ended well.

Don't expect his love after this.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by damose12(m): 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
I had a similar experience though a little bit different. My school mate visited, he has no job yet and i am presently working. He is the dirty type and will never contribute anything for the betterment of our stay always feeling big upon nothing. He can't clean the house, toilet, washing of bedspread, washing of pots and plates etc. He uses all my property including wearing my clothes which he will not wash at the end.

I confronted him one morning in a polite manner and told him the need for him to be contributing in order to make "our" house a lively place. As usual, he should feel free to use my belongings as we have been friends from school. He didn't say much but agreed to be helping in the basic house chores which he never did.

How i sent him packing in a matured way
I stopped buying food stuffs and cooking knowing fully well that i can always eat outside during and after work. I tell him to clean the house and wash the bedspreads in a polite manner though. I started giving him space and not talking and laughing as usual. He was not comfortable though he never told me. One morning around 6:00am, he told me that he will be leaving and i bade farewell to him and he left.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Saintsquare(m): 4:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
Arrange with SARS, they will come to your house and evict him base on threat they received from neighbors about him.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by sisisioge: 4:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
No need for preambles... Just plain tell him to leave so you could concentrate! People like that will only bring troubles your way biko.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Ladycewhy(f): 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2020
WildChild00:

Blood is ticker than H2o grin

My Friend sup?
I dey o.

If your read his post ,they were never close besides the op has to revert to self preservation mode if e set now forget o, cult people nor dey hear "i nor join" . I personally hate irresponsible people ,I have a cousin like that , he came visiting my parents when I heard ,i sent my mum money to give his for transport grin. Was so relieved when he left to stay with his friend .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by DennisEche(m): 5:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

The issue is this.

Please advise
OP don't mind those guys advising you to chase ur cuz out, if you must do use polite and diplomatic way. Let me tell u my story.
Some years back I had issues with where I was staying, I had to move in with a cousin of mine, he started acting up and given attitude of this kind of like you are not welcome here. Even though I was the calm and quiet type, no drugs, no late hours, I make sure his house is as he left it. When I saw the change in attitude I had to leave him to go get a place of my own.
To cut the long story short few years he lost his job. Now I de support am monthly,if I was to look back and to treat him how treated me even one naira him no go see. But life is not meant to be so.
It doesn't mean that your cuz can't be better than you tomorrow or future vise versa. No body no tomorrow.
I will suggest you use style by conniving with ur landlord to do the job
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by flintk(m): 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
Sebi omo Jesu niwo....
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by WildChild00(m): 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ladycewhy:
I dey o.

If your read his post ,they were never close besides the op has to revert to self preservation mode if e set now forget o, cult people nor dey hear "i nor join" . I personally hate irresponsible people ,I have a cousin like that , he came visiting my parents when I heard ,i sent my mum money to give his for transport grin. Was so relieved when he left to stay with his friend .

Those cult guys can be deadly, especially when to rival groups fight themselves, one has to stay way. Lolzzzzz you did well by sending monies for his xport to live, I nor fit shout grin
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Ilerioluwa02: 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
Your best bet is to start inviting people from your fellowship to your place.. they should come and start prayer sessions and bible study sessions... like house fellowship kinda thingggg

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Starboytwo(m): 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
It's not that easy crazy people have their day
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Ladycewhy(f): 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
WildChild00:

Those cult guys can be deadly, especially when to rival groups fight themselves, one has to stay way. Lolzzzzz you did well by sending monies for his xport to live, I nor fit shout grin
a close friend of my aunt one time was almost in the same situation,they traced the woman' s younger son from ekpoma down to their remote house in ikpoba hill ,dragged the elder bro out ,this was as early as 5:30 am in the morning and nearly shot him before anyone could know what was going on ,the saving grace of that bros was that one of the cultists knows who they were looking for and said it was not him, they told the woman to tell her son to keep running .

Since that time I don't joke with harbouring trouble makers ,na so dem for shoot person wey nor know anything to think the elder brother is this quiet gentle guy ,dem for just kpai the guy for nothing.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by macho44(m): 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

The issue is this.

Please advise
Invite ya "BAE", she will send him PACKING
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by stevups(m): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
Relocate for a while. Go with your key.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Fourwinds: 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
extremelygolden:
You can do something.

Confide with your trusted and closest friends in school. Let them come and act up like, because they allowed you to put up with them, you're now forming owner of the house, abi? Just a little travel for few months and you're already feeling like Landlord, abi? And as if that's not enough, you went ahead to accommodate someone else.

They should ask you to pack your things and leave the room immediately before they get you arrested. You on the other hand should pretend to beg with tears in your eyes, that they should allow you to finish your exams and you'll go look for another accommodation.

Of course they're meant to say no. You no understand? cheesy You on the other hand will be grumbling as in, how are you going to cope now.
Just pick your few clothes and go stay in your friends apartment while they stay in yours. Like temporarily swapping apartment.

Make sure all this is played out when your cousin will notice at least part of the drama. I know he'll want to fight them, but just let him know that you can't pay good with evil. And that you leave them to God. And that those guys have been helpful to you for a long time now. Don't call them friends in your cousin's presence so he wouldn't know what's up.

I hate rubbish abeg.
best solution so far

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Toosure70: 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2020
Pupu in your kitchen.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by atinicrown(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2020
How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House?
By opening your mouth
And tell him...
"Leave my house "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by WildChild00(m): 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ladycewhy:
a close friend of my aunt one time was almost in the same situation,they traced the woman' s younger son from ekpoma down to their remote house in ikpoba hill ,dragged the elder bro out ,this was as early as 5:30 am in the morning and nearly shot him before anyone could know what was going on ,the saving grace of that bros was that one of the cultists knows who they were looking for and said it was not him, they told the woman to tell her son to keep running .

Since that time I don't joke with harbouring trouble makers ,na so dem for shoot person wey nor know anything to think the elder brother is this quiet gentle guy ,dem for just kpai the guy for nothing.

Edo State University Ekpoma is the home of cultism, out of 100% of students there 75% belongs to one cult or the other, it is so bad, even females are not left out, in 2005 I lost a friend in that sch, clashes, till date it pains me.

The way the cultism stuff works it's like an oath one takes, you can not leave, anywhere you are or sent to you must execute the task as told to do, another of my close friend in UK told me, he was traced there, by some of their members.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Microwhy: 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:
Come down to his level and have a discussion with him on what happen and why he chose not to call but decided to inform a girl first.
Make him feel guilty before letting him know that you need space for now.
Please be mature about this cos even bad pikin gat his own day.. life is turn by turn.
I also love my own company all by myself.
They brought report today that my son don't talk much in school, my wife had to tell them jokingly that his father can give 5billion naira just to be alone...
I am also more creative when alone...

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by chinwezdasilva: 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
kiss
Foodqueen:
He's gonna be around for a long time.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by justmenoni: 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
And what will happen to the female neighbor?

extremelygolden:
You can do something.

I hate rubbish abeg.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by donMIG(m): 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hahaha
Me?
Since I don clear the guy my mind ooo
My home my rules
U can't stay
Get d phuck owt!
The way I like c myself for house nobody just me n my speakers wit good music, food, n notin to worry about
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Tats(m): 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
extremelygolden:
You can do something.

I hate rubbish abeg.

What if his cousin who is visiting decides to arrange hard guys to deal with his friends, as per they are messing with my cousin?
His friends could be in danger just by this action. Its not just the guy who appears to be in the process of being evicted by following this route, but the visiting cousin too.

Honesty is the best policy or the other option is taking the issue up with family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by KerekereOgun: 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
[s]
YorubaLord:

I swear, God bless you.... Otipoju Baba Saida! grin
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / Man Gifts Wife New Car For Exclusively Breast-Feeding Their Baby For 6 Months / Is My Wife Cheating On Me??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.