Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,723 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (51495 Views)

I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by albacete(m): 1:23pm On Feb 20, 2020
Tell him your finances are suffering as a result of his unscheduled visit, with the hope that he won't suggest contributing something.

Your safety should be your topmost priority. The more you harbor him, the more you expose yourself to risk of being attacked by cultists.

Don't buy any more food in that house for two days. Make sure you eat something outside before coming home. On the third day, tell him you are traveling to another state for a job and he needs to look for accommodation elsewhere.
Let me see how he will suggest waiting for you to come back when your kitchen is empty.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Etizz: 1:35pm On Feb 20, 2020
NevetsIbot:

I don't know about who'll win the fight but I wrestle and take other self defense classes.

We'll see how it goes

Just tell him u got evicted from your apartment, and that u are moving to stay with a friend....look for somewhere else and move to.....but if u still like dat current location, let him know directly DAT he has to quit
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by ThinkSmarter: 1:41pm On Feb 20, 2020
U re an introvert, chase the extrovert away, else he keeps draining ur energy.
Don't live to impress people and depress urself.
The 1st law of nature is the law of self preservation, and that comes with a touch of selfishness.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by otipoju(m): 2:45pm On Feb 20, 2020
Starhearts:

Keep quiet
Wetin diz one dey yan naa

Sees a New Yorker who is apparently squating with 4 or 5 other guys in a two bedroom in order to afford the rent.

So he should endanger his life because of an irresponsible cousin he had no relationship with for 17 years who has flagrantly disregarded his simple request not to smoke in his room.

I feel your pain bruh. But apply sense when you want to talk next time.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Starhearts: 3:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
otipoju:

Sees a New Yorker who is apparently squating with 4 or 5 other guys in a two bedroom in order to afford the rent.

So he should endanger his life because of an irresponsible cousin he had no relationship with for 17 years who has flagrantly disregarded his simple request not to smoke in his room.

I feel your pain bruh. But apply sense when you want to talk next time.

Anoda wasted sperm sighted
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by otipoju(m): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2020
Starhearts:

Anoda wasted sperm sighted

Were. E pain am. Next time no dey put mouth for wetin no concern you.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Starhearts: 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2020
otipoju:

Were. E pain am. Next time no dey put mouth for wetin no concern you.

Naa ur generation un-born go be were
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by dayborah(f): 7:23pm On Feb 20, 2020
Fighting him won't go well don't dare.. Lay down new rules and if he doesn't adhere to it, call your family report him to them to avoid family fight again. Tell him you need a break... Dazall

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by otipoju(m): 9:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
Starhearts:

Naa ur generation un-born go be were

Lol. You better go find your couch to sleep abi na kitchen you dey sleep . Next time you no go dey cho cho cho for wetin no concern you. Na your papa you dey tell keep quiet.Were Asaba. Who send your papa message.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Greatzeus(m): 6:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
Mandeyy:
Hahaha! Just be diplomatic about it, because tomorrow is pregnant. Just find a way to dismiss him in a cordial manner. You never can tell what the future holds. I understood you perfectly, but be wise in handling the situation. Don't quarrel with him over it.
Best comment I have read so far. You are a wise man.
Everyone up there are calling the guy a cultist,truthis his wayward lifestyle suggest he is,but not all wayward guys are cultists. I wouldn't want a guy who sags,smokes,wears ear rings and keep late night around me either,it's just so opposite of me.
But I will never do anything that will make him feel I don't him around because I am holy and he is the sinner,that's wrong. Nobody knows tomorrow,he might be the only who is able or available to help you in great time of need in the future.
Use wisdom,the Bible says wisdom is profitable to direct.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by toprealman: 2:47am On Jun 16, 2020
NevetsIbot:

I don't know about who'll win the fight but I wrestle and take other self defense classes.

We'll see how it goes
Not that type of fight man.....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by seguno2: 2:27am On Aug 20, 2020
NevetsIbot:

We'll see how it goes

Any update

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by nairavision: 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
NevetsIbot:
How Best Do I Handle This Issue With My Cousins August visit?

Hello everyone. I hope I don't get to bore you all too much with this palava I've found myself in.

I understand how sensitive family can be and that's why this is giving me a little bit of headache.

I have this Cousin; My aunts son from my father's side. We're almost age mates. We got to meet last year April. We had seen each other last about 17yrs ago. So it was more or less like Personalities coming in contact. As expected, we differed a lot. He was more of a rough guy, impatient with needless bravado and a penchant for letting people know how though he thinks he is.

He schools in Ogun state and I in Ondo. We met last year when he came to my school to see me. I overlooked his stupid acts as per that was our first time of meeting and he was going to spend just three days.

He told me he wanted to come again this year and I told him it'd have to be after exams ending by march - knowing fully well that by then, I'd drop another excuse. The semester is crazy right now and I have to divide my time between academics, executive duties in school, art and interior decorations I do. I get home earliest 10pm almost every day.

Last night around 1am... I was seated outside my villa enjoying the night breeze and trying to write a few articles when my neighbor asked me if this my cousin had come... I was confused. My cousin had told this girl he was coming and truly he was on his way.. all the way from Ogun state. At 1am. It was when it got a bit crazy in the street that he called me to help him get to my villa. Which I did but didn't speak to him... Wouldn't trash my cousin before a girl.

The issue is this.

1. I need my privacy.. Being alone helps me focus on work and academics. I need nobody around me. My grades need to be revamped.

2. I don't smoke and I laid down rules that he should never try it around me... I got home today to pick an artwork and my charlet was full of smoke. He did that.

3. Talks with the rural rugged guys in my area. I don't want any mix whatsoever with those guys

4. His bravado is next to foolishness. Where's he's supposed to stay low, he'll act up. He sags extra lower than normal, wears earrings and talks like a thug.

5. He seems to attract cultists to himself even in his school. He's more or less like a baby I need to monitor

I'm not an S.U but I try to show myself as responsible in wherever I stay. Ion smoke. I'm fashionable but don't go extra mile like a juvenile.

Please, I need the best way to eject this guy out of my place ASAP. I'm too busy to have someone around. I do not need this. Talking to him in a brotherly manner makes him flare up. I wouldn't want to make this rough as I tend to lose control when I get really angry.

Please advise

Same way you asked her to come in, ask her to leave. What’s the long thing about. Na you and your coz
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by heartbeat84: 8:30am On Aug 14, 2021
Helping your cousin is not a bad idea, but allowing yourself to be tkn for a ride, making yourself look foolish b4 him is what i'll not accept. U ought to have reported this to his parents a long time ago. Be strong bro; its part of the sacrifice we all have to pay, in the journey of life.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by MufasaLion: 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2021
You're accommodating a cultist. He's in your house just to lay low because there might be bounty on his head!

And if he doesn't learn to lay low and keep associating with miscreants in your area, he's gonna be mapped very soon and hacked down.

I just hope you won't be a victim of causality or collateral damage.

Be smart!
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by MufasaLion: 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2021
dayborah:
Fighting him won't go well don't dare.. Lay down new rules and if he doesn't adhere to it, call your family report him to them to avoid family fight again. Tell him you need a break... Dazall

He doesn't need a break, he needs someone with sanity!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / Man Gifts Wife New Car For Exclusively Breast-Feeding Their Baby For 6 Months / Is My Wife Cheating On Me??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.