Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) (104539 Views)

3 Dead & 500 Injured As Storms Wash SCORPIONS & Snakes Into Egyptian Streets(Pix / 2 Huge Male Snakes Fighting Over Female Snake Crash Into Australian Man's House / US & Thai Soldiers Tear Snakes Faces, Drink Their Blood In Bizarre Ritual (Graph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 19, 2020
Another 16 snakes have been dumped in pillowcases outside a UK fire station where 13 pythons were discovered just last week.

The latest haul of 15 corn snakes and a carpet python was found on Saturday in a bin behind Farringdon Fire Station in Sunderland, northeast England, according to a statement from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA).

The 16 snakes were taken to the vets and found to be in fairly good condition despite their ordeal, according to RSPCA inspector Heidi Cleaver.

The inspector said she "couldn't believe" more snakes had been found in the "exact same spot" as the 13 royal pythons who were discovered on Thursday. One of the snakes found last week has since died.

"We were in the midst of Storm Dennis at the weekend when these snakes, who need heat and light in order to survive, were left outside in the cold with just a pillowcase to contain them," said Cleaver. "It would have been very stressful for the snakes to be in such close proximity to each other as well."

The UK was battered by heavy rain and strong winds during Storm Dennis over the weekend, leading to severe flooding in some areas. The RSPCA has appealed for information about the mystery surrounding the snakes being repeatedly dumped in the area.

Snakes can't maintain their body temperature by themselves and rely on their environment to do so.

If the reptiles get too cold they may be unable to feed or move as normal, and their immune system may cease to function properly, leaving them vulnerable to disease.

Snakes also made headlines in the US last week after a park in the Florida was closed to the public due to a water snake orgy.

Officials decided to close the park after a large group of Florida water snakes came together for mating season.
source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/18/uk/snakes-pillowcases-fire-station-gbr-scli-intl/index.html

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by cRobo: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2020

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Eife(m): 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
in my dear country. Na pot we for dey hear the remaining stories

285 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Sikay19(m): 4:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lalalipsrsealed kind of thread. If this thread does not make fp i will jump down from center table

160 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
Sikay19:
Lalalipsrsealed kind of thread. If this thread does not make fp i will jump down from center table
Lalasticlala is selective, it's only the ones that the snakes are killed and cooked he prefers

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Sikay19(m): 5:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
Macsjebs:

Lalasticlala is selective, it's only the ones that the snakes are killed and cooked he prefers
Well, let's see how it goes cool

48 Likes

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Fr33born(m): 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
Please send them to Nigeria. We know how to take care of snakes better than any country in the world.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by upower123(m): 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
Na WA... Many people don't have problems... If it is Nigeria either na juju we go call am or we go cook chop... No time... I forgot say we still dey burned alive...

3 Likes

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by iCauseTrouble: 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
If it was to be in Nigeria, crusade would have been going on in the place by now

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by KellyFORMAT(m): 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
La

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
Orisirisi something. So the snakes are supposed to be in a mansion on a 12ft X 12ft mattress under one of the finest duvet, served a hot cup of coffee with the heater running while watching cable TV.

Just how many miles apart I, Lalasticlala, NL and Nigerians are apart in matters like these is what I can't fathom.

Little wonder cats and dogs could even inherit a fortune over there. Odiegwu!

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by namiji2598: 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
grin
If it's Nigeria now, dey will say na jazz, or say dey wan collect dem destiny
Destiny wey no dey cheesy grin cheesy

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by igbolastborn(m): 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lalasticlala's kins men are mating, chai...wetin lala no go see for snake land.
Lala invite is for naming , when the snake princesses give birth.

Check my signature and thank me later

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by franugo(m): 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
D snakes sure are cute......but if I see them in naija here, na macheting straight o.
Every animal in naija now dey provoke so no chances given undecided

7 Likes

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by amikable97: 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
I don't know what people see in this creature that fascinates them undecided undecided undecided

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by soberdrunk(m): 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
People way nor get problem..... angry

2 Likes

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Houseofglam7(f): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
Yup,they finally spring cleaned Lala's house undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by money121(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by revived: 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
And Why Are They Still Keeping Them

I hate snakes angry angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by franugo(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
Sikay19:

Well, let's see how it goes cool

Promised land....ding dong

2 Likes

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Perfecttouchade: 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
Who will keep a snake in Nigeria...well there is a stomach reserve for every snake found in Nigeria.check us for all Aluminium windows..if only we can have a better reserve for animal creatures in Nigeria
Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by sotall(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
undecided
Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Ogegeodey(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
Macsjebs:

Hahah

The whites are really different. As I'm typing, I'm still thinking its not ordinary..... Guys reason am nau kiss
Same spot dey see plenty snake d cuddle twice in one week, in Africa its not ordinary.

9 Likes

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Integritypay: 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lala the snake master

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by DropsMic(m): 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hmm
Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
These Lala snake jokes aren't even funny anymore

6 Likes

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Mayhem999: 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
Na wah o...
These people problem na how snake wan take survive.
Meanwhile we have abba kyari Presiding over buhari in aso rock, Boko Haram wrecking havoc, Ibrahim magu yelling us that coronavirus came about because our ancestors are not happy with us.

When can we start looking like all these country wey their head correct?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
KellyFORMAT:
La

Lastic
Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Admujust4u(m): 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
African dishes... grin
Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by opportunities12(m): 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
What is it with Lala and snakes! HABA! HAHA!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by olanreyman(m): 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
The 16 snakes were taken to the vets and found to be in fairly good condition despite their ordeal, according to RSPCA inspector Heidi Cleaver.

If na Nigeria, instead of taking it to the vest, it would have been soup for lala minded guys grin

7 Likes

Re: Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
In Naija humans suffer more than those snakes. As for Lala, you must be in cloud 9 by now and I am sure you love local snakes more than the foreign type.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death / Kenyan Woman Caught With Her Grandson In Bed (Photos) / Last Pictures Of Queen Elizabeth II Before Her Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.