Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone (33150 Views)

Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Police Brutality, Gives Stern Warning / Dolapo Badmus: 'The 3 Things Yahoo Boys Spend Their Money On' / Dolapo Badmus: Dating Yahoo Boys Is The Fastest Way To Lose Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Mynd44: 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nigerians have always asked if it's right for a police officer to search mobile phones during a routine stop and search exercise on the road.

The Lagos State Police PRO, Dolapo Badmus has told us the answer.

In her words she said:

"Your phone is private, it's your private property because people do alot of private stuffs on their mobile phones so it's wrong. Police officers have no right to do that except there is a reasonable ground to do so".

Although this has always been a matter of public records, officers of the Nigerian pokice have acted like they don’t know and even when citizens that tell them, they are harassed or beaten

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7epuoReCmu8

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Froshloaded: 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
Your phone is your private property not until you meet with SARS grin grin

By the time you chop slap, na you go drop am grin grin

237 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by slivertongue: 3:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
story. d rogues in the npf don't abide by laws

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by donbachi(m): 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
police never fit obey laws enshrined in the constitution that has to do with citizens right....when una say "bail is free" but we still pay 4 it...na checking of phone..abeg tell us another thing.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by internationalman(m): 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
Tell you people they don't have right to check our phones instead...

Because we are just as helpless as a sick cockroach in the mist of fowl when we are asked to bring our phone for checking..

As for the people who will come on this thread to make mouth, pray you don't meet a trigger happy SARS official. Yoy may not be lucky to tell your story.

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Goldencheese(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
Madam, who defines a reasonable ground when you are getting gbos, gbosas and Jackie Chan kicks to your face and body? Your SARS operatives would have killed someone for resisting them from checking his phone. Mschew

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Jh0wsef(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
yet they do this every single mother effin day. such a weakling of a PRO

11 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by jidxin(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
with adequate threat and at the sight of gun abi...….you don't need to tell us...go and enlighten your people...…..

once you are dead you are dead so comply now and report later

12 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by awoniyi1236(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
You said what ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Kendumazy(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hmmmm. One slap from the police officer like this, you will sharply release the password of the phone and even realize the grammar you have been speaking to fight for your human rights is nothing but audio intelligence. May God help us for this country.

Let's handle your ebay/Amazon orders. Check my signature below for more details.

7 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by dukeprince50: 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Thats true sha, they only scare people and do not have the power to check our phones only if we know our rights.

But me i will give them my phone to check o. Isit not just phone? I can report them if and only if I am alive.

I am not dumb enough to argue with policeman with a gun

12 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by youngbabaj(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
This pro should be telling the officers not we the ordinary pple

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by hisexcellency34: 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
na today??
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by michaellovaldo(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
I need this woman's phone number,who can help me with it please? tongue

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by itsme01: 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
cool

Your Phone is no longer Private during an Investigation don't be stupid, so long there is a warrant of arrest, or crime being committed, or suspected to be committed my brother Dolapo is trying to scam you

If phones are not meant to be searched then Aso Rock Assistant Director's murderer would still be at large without any suspect,

The only thing you can keep private is your Cloud and online backup, if you stupidly keep your stuff on your phone because Dolapo said it is Private then I am sorry for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Carlyboi(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Na today?story story lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by joey150(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Okay message received.

But this is dissapointing coming from a PRO.

I mean, no fluency, no eloquency, sounded unsure at some point.

I think the Lagos Police force can do better to nominate a better candidate for their Public Relations.

6 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by MrThisandthat(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
We know this scope madam...

You will now go behind and tell them to continue but if caught they are on their own.

4 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by michaellovaldo(m): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
hisexcellency34:
na today??
All this space bookers sef angry grin
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by udemzyudex(m): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rubbish,you keep telling us as if we don't know already,you better tell this old sh1t story to your officers and stop disturbing us with it.

Tell your officers not us.

3 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by seankafor(m): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lol..

Am not sad for the SARS guys but these fools officers that keeps saying these things week in week out knowing fully well that its hog wash

They think we dumb or what?

3 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Speedybiscuit: 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hehehe! Na so.
Nigerian Officers will say one thing in public and another amongst themselves inside Police Station.

4 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Ogbenisoft28(m): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ooin! I say,Ooin lol
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by chloride6: 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
Shame on the NPF for placing the onus on the citizen..

Stipulate harder terms for offenders within the police...

Make it legally wrong for the police to be possession of a an accosted citizens phone whether voluntary or not..

3 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by wunmi590(m): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
As if the police will listen.

Make I do strong head, make dem use gun on me ba, come term me as thief ba?

As long as I don't have any incriminating things on my phone, I will just jejely give them to do whatever they want to do with it.

Nigerian police don't deserve my stress abeg

10 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Swinger60(f): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
Listen to her at your own risk.

Nigeria police are mad, you don't argue your right with mad person. You only nod, play along with them, and move on to stay alive another day.

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
Is that not the celebrity police officer?
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by NigeriaBam: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
grin Help Us tell SARS
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by richPHAROAH: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
forget this talk and be be my sugar mummy please. i no need money
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Nickshrapnel: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
smiley
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by TriCee: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
Enter the streets and tell that to the uselesss officers, because they don't have phones.

Even those wey get no dey read news.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Shows Off His Fulani Friend Who Helped Him From Cultists In Rivers. Photos / A Student Killed In Adeniran College Of Education Cult Battle (Graphic Photo) / Girl Steals N108,000 During Job Interview In Delta, Caught Days After. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.