Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Man's Self Hinders God's Glory - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man's Self Hinders God's Glory (194 Views)

Maltreating Your Wife Hinders Your Prayer - Mike Bamiloye Tells Married Men / Does Masturbation Hinders One's Progress / Unbelief: The Sin That Hinders Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man's Self Hinders God's Glory by herlecks(m): 4:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
Every doctrine or teaching that makes you focus on yourself is satanic. Our identity is in Christ, not in self. We must see Christ in all things, deny our self. If the devil has successfully made you focus on yourself you're already captured. We must change our focus from seeing and pleasing ourselves to pleasing God. The end of all things is not our pleasure but the glory of God. We're all down here to reflect God, not our defiled self. Repent.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Our Christianity lacks this experience this is why we have so many babes in the church, and also there are only a handful of ministers preaching this truth.

The "self" of man is the life principle of man before and after regeneration (receiving of Christ's life/eternal life). Before eternal life or the life of God can dominate a man he must first deny his own life or soul. What comprises of this man's life? His will, his emotions and his mind. What must he deny in these three? In his will, he must deny his plan for the future picking up Christ's plan for him, deny his own will every second of the day to please God, decide to cherish God's presence in all his activities above all else, he must deny all worldly cravings for stronger spirit bond/experience with Christ. In his emotions, he must deny the worthless and sinful pleasures of life which enslaves his soul, he must love God which comes naturally after he had denied worldly pleasure, he must cut his heart off of everything that disturbs the normalcy of his spirit that his spirit may continually fellowship with God, he must deny worldliness which has taken root in his emotions. In his mind, he must forsake his ideas and renew his mind through meditating in the Word, he must think about God, others and how to please them, he must deny his own wisdom and religion for the truth revealed according to the Holy Ghost in the Word, he must deny himself of enjoyments of the soul that he may experience true spiritual life/walk after the spirit with all clarity.

You may ask, how do I get there? Is it by man's strength or will? No. The only route is submission to the dealings of the Holy Ghost, this is also referred to as Baptism of fire, wherein all the dross in men are purged by the fire of trials. Man must willingly lay himself down for dealing and must not complain, this is different from our identification with Christ. Identification with Christ kills the flesh life, submission to dealing kills the soul life. The Holy Ghost will never impose this experience on anyone, yes we must all be willing to submit ourselves to him that we may die for Christ to live. This is the way of the cross, the narrow path, only a few walk that path which leads to life! If we die, we gain Christ. If we live, we live unto self yet die the eternal death because our soul is corrupt. Our self lives on, Christ remain locked up in our spirit man, the hard shell of man's self must be submitted to the Holy Ghost that it may be broken.

After he is done breaking Christ dominates our deeds, expressions and speeches, we experience a greater union with the risen Lord, a stronger spirit, quickened faculties and also God breaks forth through us to touch other men. This isn't exclusive of ministers, so many ministers are yet to be broken, this is why their ministry is fruitless. The congregation is touching death, soul life, not God's life. God's life is locked up in the man's spirit, he has nothing to offer, he must be broken. Our degree of brokenness is in direct proportion to the degree of submission to the Holy Ghost.

What will you do? In this age and time no man will ever be used of the Lord if he has not broken him, for such has nothing to offer but defilement. The life of the self/soul is corrupt, death works in it, but the spirit gives life. He must break out! Wonder why the devil avoids you? You're not broken! Do you wonder why your preaching is powerless? Stirring men's emotion? Touching their minds? Yet effecting zero change in their lives? You must be broken! Think about it, why some music which seem boring seems to be heard and embraced everywhere? Because it is pure spirit! The man or woman is broken, when she sings her self is completely removed, is not mixed with it, it is purely spiritual, no trying to move men by their emotions, yet his or her words break upon men's spirits.

Brokenness leaves a taste of divine life on our dealings in the world. Men would say, "that man is just different, I don't know why." They have touched something that is not of this world! They have touched the heaven that is breaking forth from you! No man will ever reflect more than his degree of brokenness in eternity! This means some men will shine not much as to move near Paul and Peter in Heaven because they will not withstand their light. A candlelight cannot shine where the sun is reigning. It is not about going to heaven, it's bigger than that. It's about how much of God you carry! It's about how much of God you reflect! How much weight of Glory has penetrated your soul! This will determine each man's rank in eternity.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Re: Man's Self Hinders God's Glory by herlecks(m): 2:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
Y

(1) (Reply)

Mickey-X Me If No Be God Where I For Dey Today that's why am now sharing photos / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/02/2020 / The Distractions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.