Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,144 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? (72036 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Dollywood(m): 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2020
Let me reach there first, what am I even saying, almost every countries are better than Nigeria. I'm disgusted.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Temple1288(m): 6:11pm On Feb 20, 2020
grin

Regrets for leaving the Zoo??

You're funny!

Seeing people who reason like Human Beings will make you regret not leaving the British Game Reserve/Zoo earlier..

Modified: My only regret is that in no distant time, I'll be back permanently as customs and traditions demand. Ultimately 'AKA YA EBU OVO' shouldn't stay outside for too long.. It's really painful!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Lawalemi(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2020
Amazing. I opened this thread to gather experiences but it's shocking that not anyone is regretting their adventure yet. My God, who will deliver Nigeria from evil leaders?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Beautyaddy: 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2020
Lawalemi:
Amazing. I opened this thread to gather experiences but it's shocking that not anyone is regretting their adventure yet. My God, who will deliver Nigeria from evil leaders?

The millions of Nigerians still living in Nigeria and will not want to live anywhere else.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Drenimarcus(m): 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2020
I miss this, my last drink and asun before I left.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 20, 2020
why will i have regret!
my only regret is not leaving this container yet!
i need sanity abeg
NIGERIA is it a country?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2020
i will miss the snakes swallowing Millions

i cant miss a zoo.

no! i cant!
never!

Animal kingdom!

be far from me!

10 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Highbeeyajibola: 11:54pm On Feb 20, 2020
My only regret is the fact that I don’t have a kid yet tho am still in my late 20s, I would have regretted no leaving to Germany 2018, if I didn’t take the opportunity then.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Drenimarcus(m): 1:44am On Feb 21, 2020
SmartKitty1:

Lol, Minnesota, beer, go to any store or bar and get it.

lol werey, maa shey mistakenly quote me mo grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Mancala: 3:54am On Feb 21, 2020
I love and romanticize the Nigeria of my youth. So ocassionally, It brings me great sadness to witness from afar the decline, degradation and continuous march to anarchy of my home country. It is a feeling of extreme helplessness, kind of like watching your house burn down on live TV. But then, it dawns on me that even if I was physically present, I would still be very helpless to stop the decay, then I thank God for extracting me from "a burning building" and providing me with the wherewithal to return somewhat infrequently to attempt to pick up from where I left off.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Juliearth(f): 4:36am On Feb 21, 2020
Dulles25:

I know, and the affordable services from tailors, to salon( In one salon at the East Coast, I was told plaiting fee is 250 USD, what I do for 10 dollars, I almost turned back except for the fact that I needed to).

This is weird but I just got tired of speaking fluent English without a mix of Swahili as I had no East African around.

The little things!

To overcome this, before travelling, buy your human hair weaves (good quality o) and turn them to wigs, get some braided wigs too (you can always change them when you travel back to naija for maybe Christmas)...then learn how to plait cornrows. Intact, learn the art of making hair so you can easily convert that to a money making venture when you get there. I plan on learning fashion design and hairstyling too so as to convert that to a means of livelihood once I travel.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Ishilove: 4:38am On Feb 21, 2020
Skyfornia:

Not at all, I regretted coming back. Thought I could come back and sorth some things out before going back to Sweden...but things didn't go as planned.

So you're 'stuck' here?

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Juliearth(f): 4:39am On Feb 21, 2020
Drenimarcus:
I miss this, my last drink and asun before I left.

You can always prepare your own asu there na... Heard the alcohol isn't that strong, so sorry o.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Ishilove: 4:41am On Feb 21, 2020
With the present crop of leaders we have here, Nigeria is not going to get better soon.

The good thing is if you grew up here, you can survive almost anywhere in the world because Nigeria trains you to be tough and hard as shells. That's what we should be grateful for; the training grin

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Juliearth(f): 4:45am On Feb 21, 2020
redisacolor:
why will i have regret!
my only regret is not leaving this container yet!
i need sanity abeg
NIGERIA is it a country?

Country ke. It is a dysfunctional arrangement

15 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sharpman1(m): 4:49am On Feb 21, 2020
justwise:
My only regret is not leaving earlier.

Exactly. My only regret is not leaving earlier.

This is not a country

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sweetmelanin(f): 7:15am On Feb 21, 2020
Mancala:
I love and romanticize the Nigeria of my youth. So ocassionally, It brings me great sadness to witness from afar the decline, degradation and continuous march to anarchy of my home country. It is a feeling of extreme helplessness, kind of like watching your house burn down on live TV. But then, it dawns on me that even if I was physically present, I would still be very helpless to stop the decay, then I thank God for extracting me from "a burning building" and providing me with the wherewithal to return somewhat infrequently to attempt to pick up from where I left off.

Sad but true. You worded this so perfectly!

6 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Skyfornia(m): 7:24am On Feb 21, 2020
Ishilove:

So you're 'stuck' here?

Not really.. grin. Will make another move soon, but I'd like to marry and have child here before making the move.

10 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sweetmelanin(f): 7:29am On Feb 21, 2020
I miss the exotic fruits like udala, ube etc.. but then again, every other nigerian food item is readily available abroad. So, am I really missing much undecided

I'm really so grateful that my parents made the sacrifice many years ago and moved us out of that sinking ship way before things started getting so terrible!

My main regret, if any, is that migration is no longer easy for the average Nigerian (due to US visa ban, EU restrictions etc..) too many intelligent and wonderful people are stuck in that dump site sad

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by chokey419(m): 7:49am On Feb 21, 2020
Regret is too harsh of a word I’ll rather use miss, I miss the island night life and the local beer parlor groove.
I miss the food because I don’t eat it as regularly as I wish unless I go to my moms place.

Apart from that I’m good, was home last year and I will still come home this year so as long as I can shuttle both countries I don’t have a problem.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Coquinoqui: 10:23am On Feb 21, 2020
My only regret is why I didn't leave earlier

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Samson1104(m): 1:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
Highbeeyajibola:
My only regret is the fact that I don’t have a kid yet tho am still in my late 20s, I would have regretted no leaving to Germany 2018, if I didn’t take the opportunity then.
come make I dash you kids

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Mickolad(m): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
My only regret was traveling by road is rough & though a die hard journey.
I would have escape from this durgeon country called Nigeria.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Chiiamaka: 2:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
Oloki:
my only regret is still been in Nigeria

no money......no helper.......no outside connection to move

Story of my life but in all I am grateful

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
Sonel:

Bro, which country are you pls?
Shey you want to kidnap him?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 21, 2020
good4all40:
If you migrated from Nigeria to most first world countries legally, your only regret will be not leaving Nigeria early, l doubt this country is going to develop with these type of visioness leaders, sometimes you get mad for finding yourself in this part of the world but there is little or nothing you can do about it, we have accepted our faiths.

This country is so bad that you can be killed by anything the security of our country has never been this worst.
Even if you live there illegally, no one with harass you unless you get into shady things.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by nnadychuks(m): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
V
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by BruncleZuma: 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
None...I regret nothing
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by ofiko123(m): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nigeria is a shithole nation, there is no need to regret Leaving it....

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Which Country Is Easy And Cheap For A Person To Go And Hustle? / My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.