Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,691 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy (23182 Views)

Aliyu Abubakar Dies In Car Accident: Aisha Abubakar's Son Dies / Buhari Appoints Aliyu Abubakar Musa As New Chief Personal Security Officer / Buhari Re-nominates Aliyu Abubakar NCC Job, Rejected In 2016 By Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by dre11(m): 7:16am On Feb 20, 2020
Alhaji Aliyu Abubakar, chairman of AA Oil: now wanted in Italy for trial for being the conduit of a $500m bribe by ENI and Shell

An Italian judge has ordered a Nigerian businessman, Alhaji Aliyu Abubakar to stand trial for alleged international corruption relating to a Nigeria oil graft case involving Eni and Shell, a judicial source and his lawyer said on Wednesday.

Milan prosecutors allege that Abubakar, a reclusive billionaire and chairman of AA Oil, played a central role in one of the oil industry’s biggest scandals in years, handing out more than $500 million in cash to powerful Nigerian government officials.

The money is alleged to come out of the $1.3 billion licence fee paid by Eni and Shell for access to the OPL-245 offshore oilfield located in the southern Niger Delta.

Abubakar’s Italian lawyer, Davide Pozzi, said his client, who lives in Nigeria, denies any wrongdoing in the case.

“Mr Abubakar will clarify his position in the appropriate place,” he said.

The famous house of Aliyu Abubakar in Abuja. he once said he bought the land for N1billion in 2005

Italian prosecutors allege that Eni and Shell bought the oilfield in 2011 knowing that most of the purchase price would be siphoned off to middlemen and local politicians.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/02/20/500m-bribe-nigerian-oil-mogul-aliyu-abubakar-faces-trial-in-italy/amp/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by JasonScoolari: 7:19am On Feb 20, 2020
The money is alleged to come out of the $1.3 billion licence fee paid by Eni and Shell for access to the OPL-245 offshore oilfield located in the southern Niger Delta.

Paid $1.3billion to one abooki for access to the OPL-245 Offshore oilfield located in the Creeks of the SS?

When will my region rise and defend it's territories and properties?

This bring tears to my eyes.

149 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by aolawale025: 7:20am On Feb 20, 2020
Malabu oil scandal

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 20, 2020
The corruption has eaten so deep to an extent even a new baby baby is affected!
Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by IamD18: 7:23am On Feb 20, 2020
Rituals dey learn work for where Nigerian politicians dey

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by helinues: 7:26am On Feb 20, 2020
If our government is truly fighting corruption, this man should be arrested and extradite to Italy to face his corruption case

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by ThiagoKid(m): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2020
They cant do anything to the man jor! He is from the d north.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by FarahAideed: 8:11am On Feb 20, 2020
JasonScoolari:

So so sad

Paid $1.3billion to one abooki for access to the OPL-245 Offshore oilfield located in the Creeks of the SS?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 20, 2020
Y'all are gonna rant here for nothing... Cos nothing go happen
Wait! Is that not Atiku Abubakar's Sister's cousin's uncle's brother in-law brother
[img]https:///view/dog-dawg-eoq-wut-wtf-gif-9118700.gif[/img]

17 Likes

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by Arijude(m): 8:59am On Feb 20, 2020
All the rich northerners are all fraud

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:12am On Feb 20, 2020
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by maynation(f): 9:57am On Feb 20, 2020
JasonScoolari:

Till today I still find it every hard to understand what these past leaders were thinking when they supported this sham called federalism. A certain region brings everything to the table and some backward parasites somewhere feed off the sweats of others.
Nigeria is a scam.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:03am On Feb 20, 2020
JasonScoolari:

That region no just care
They looove to fight themselves

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by ahiboilandgas: 10:12am On Feb 20, 2020
JasonScoolari:
The money is alleged to come out of the $1.3 billion licence fee paid by Eni and Shell for access to the OPL-245 offshore oilfield located in the southern Niger Delta. pig abubakar is from kogi ...keep you hate .....where your daddy when the deals was going on in Niger delta....drinking ogogoro

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by qualityovenbake(m): 10:43am On Feb 20, 2020
If his found guilty, he should be extradite immediately.
Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by PureGoldh(m): 10:43am On Feb 20, 2020
Hmm....Angel Gabriel kuku blow the trumpet...Na so so wayo people full dx we obodo Nigeria undecided
Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by Horlaarsco: 10:44am On Feb 20, 2020
Choi see money
Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by Surfondsystems: 10:44am On Feb 20, 2020
I have an adult female Lhasa Apso for sale. Interested buyers should call 08086887010

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by cRobo: 10:44am On Feb 20, 2020
Our oil money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by livinbygrace: 10:44am On Feb 20, 2020
Arijude:
All the rich northerners are all fraud

When will dey tell you say the highest fraudsters. Na Aboki ,most of you go dey argue.Most of the Aza wey boys dey use ,na dem dey Get am.
If you know the kind fraud going on in Nigeria by these people you will fear them.
Most of them deal with physical cash now ,even if the transaction is $100 billion and nobody to question them ,because they have all security heads(EFCc,ICPC,Custom,police,immigration,NPA,army ,Navy) Infact they own everything now .

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by Abbeyme: 10:44am On Feb 20, 2020
see Developer o
Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by OnpointDesign(m): 10:44am On Feb 20, 2020
cool
Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:47am On Feb 20, 2020
Damn it!

The famous house of Aliyu Abubakar in Abuja. he once said he bought the land for N1billion in 2005

They have milked, raped and plundered our darling nation to stupor since time immemorial.

God save Nigeria!

Shocked!! shocked shocked shocked

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by bluecircle470: 10:47am On Feb 20, 2020
helinues:
If our government is truly fighting corruption, this man should be arrested and extradite to Italy to face his corruption case

Same goes to Alex onyeama and Buruji

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by shortgun(m): 10:47am On Feb 20, 2020
I know this man.
He is no way related to Atiku.
The source of his wealth is through one Niger delta former gov.
If you need more info you will have to pay for it grin grin grin
Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by Nickshrapnel: 10:48am On Feb 20, 2020
Milan prosecutors allege that Abubakar, a reclusive billionaire and chairman of AA Oil, played a central role in one of the oil industry’s biggest scandals in years, handing out more than $500 million in cash to powerful Nigerian government officials.
We need to know who this Powerful Government officials are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by BCISLTD: 10:48am On Feb 20, 2020
Painful...aboki collecting money for oil block in Niger delta....and the people live in abject poverty...this is what I call the great Heist.!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by wilemer: 10:48am On Feb 20, 2020
dre111:

An Italian judge has ordered a Nigerian businessman, Alhaji Aliyu Abubakar to stand trial for alleged international corruption relating to a Nigeria oil graft case involving Eni and Shell, a judicial source and his lawyer said on Wednesday.

Abubakar’s Italian lawyer, Davide Pozzi, said his client, who lives in Nigeria, denies any wrongdoing in the case.

this case will soon be buried. reminds me of the case of Atiku and the U.S congressman.
Re: Aliyu Abubakar Faces Trial In Italy by BrainSanitizer: 10:50am On Feb 20, 2020
Hmmm.
Na every scam case this ENI dey show face?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Dumps APC, Joins PDP / APC Factions Emerge Over Senate Presidency - Punch / Lagos To Conclude 4th Mainland Bridge Financial Foreclosure Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.