Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion (9366 Views)

Video Of Single Ladies In Wedding Gowns Praying For A Life Partner (pics/video) / No to stigmatization / Which Type Of Single Are You? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

This comment should be the joke of the century, he gave you a valid point and this is all you could come up with, lol.
your point?
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by crackkhaus: 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
Blu03:

[s]It's easier to condemn what one doesn't know than for him/her to take time and effort to understand it.
A single mother, a woman who brings up her children without the support of a male partner or husband, is more than often stigmatized by the society. By individuals who ought to understand the struggle she faces and the helplessness of her situation. Afterall, being the provider is no easy feat.
Any married man can testify.
There are several reasons why certain women end up as single mothers.
Rape
This isn't something that is new to any of us. Most women have been sexually abused by men. And coupled with the traumatic experience, they got pregnant.
Love
A decent lady is swept of her feet by a sugar coated tongue. She has sex with her deceptive lover who absconds the moment he finds that she's pregnant.
Violence
A woman who is married to an abusive partner might wisely decide to leave him for both her safety and that of the kids.
Deadbeat fathers, etc
The honest truth is that these women chose, against all odds to raise their children. Is that the sin we so ignorantly judge? A woman's love and dedication for her children. A woman who sacrifices everything especially her youth and takes up the responsibilities of a man. A woman who refused to either have an abortion or abandon her kids.
Derogatory words are used to refer to these women. While single fathers are sympathised with. Same as widows who had no control, single mothers are women who didn't plan their fate.
To most, a woman raising her kids alone is simply the repercussion of her mistakes and not the effect of a man who couldn't handle the heat of having responsibilities.
Most men beat their chest and when asked what they have to offer, proudly state that as a male, he is the foundation on which a proper home is built. As the head, his utmost duty is to protect and provide for his family. Do these men not the error of the ways of their mates? Or the woman must take the fall, even for the sins of a man.
It leads me to ask the question. Is the problem loving a man? or the refusal to have an abortion? or to run away leaving behind helpless children with no parents?

All are quite easy to do. A mother's conscience and love prevents her...

Mind you, women who abandon her children are not fit to referred to as humans.[/s]
Anytime someone with limited thinking ability tries to makes sense of things beyond their mental capacity, these are the kind of rationalisations they end up coming up with.

That men should do well to avoid getting married to baby mamas is not stigmatisation, it's common sense.

There's no logical or sensible reason why a young man with a full life ahead of him ought to get himself involved with a woman who has a child(ren) from a previous relationship or marriage, none whatsoever.
I don't have any issues with those who do though, it's their decision but if my own brother or son tries that shìt, I will do my best to discourage him with very good reasons.

Life is already complicated, there's no need to complicate it further in a bid to appear woke and modern.

Let single mothers/baby mamas be with single fathers/baby daddies... SIMPLE.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

Anytime someone with limited thinking ability tries to makes sense of things beyond their mental capacity, these are the kind of rationalisations they end up coming up with.

That men should do well to avoid getting married to baby mamas is not stigmatisation, it's common sense.

There's no logical or sensible reason why a young man with a full life ahead of him ought to get himself involved with a woman who has a child(ren) from a previous relationship or marriage, none whatsoever.
I don't have any issues with those who do though, it's their decision but if my own brother or son tries that shìt, I will do my best to discourage him with very good reasons.

Life is already complicated, there's no need to complicate it further in a bid to appear woke and modern.

What is stigmatization? This ain't a wailing thread but a call for people to awaken from calling them names.

Why do you call someone you don't know a prostitute because she has a child? There is a difference between I don't want a single mum and single mums are losers. There is no issue with the former as everyone has the right to make their choices,but there is an issue with the later.

Op isn't admonishing guys to marry them,she is talking about those who hold unfounded stereotype as regards to them

You don't sound logical...not even a bit!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Riele(f): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

You're right , you know ? .

Life is too complicated , why complicate it further ? .

I have an aunt that's nursing the idea of getting married to a single Father , like why the hell should a reasonable person like her with lot of life dreams decide to get married to a man with kids from a previous relationship too bad his baby mama is dead undecided

Single Fathers are menace to the society , marrying them is something I'm strongly against .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
grin
Riele:

I have an aunt that's nursing the idea of getting married to a single Father , like why the hell should a reasonable person like her with lot of life dreams decide to get married to a man with kids from a previous relationship too bad his baby mama is dead undecided

Single Fathers are menace to the society , marrying them is something I'm strongly against .
blasphemy!
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by crackkhaus: 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:

What is stigmatization? This ain't a wailing thread but a call for people to awaken from calling them names.

Why do you call someone you don't know a prostitute because she has a child? There is a difference between I don't want a single mum and single mums are losers. There is no issue with the former as everyone has the right to make their choices,but there is an issue with the later.

Op isn't admonishing guys to marry them,she is talking about those who hold unfounded stereotype as regards to them

You don't sound logical...not even a bit!
First of all, stereotypes are stereotypes..and like I have continuously told my usual audience at fam section, you will never be able to legislate how people should feel or think about certain things or certain people. That's a lost battle.

Whether people call single moms prostitutes or losers should not be a problem to a single mom who knows deep in her heart that she's not a prostitute or loser. That shìt can only get to you if you know it is true, or if you already have self-esteem issues which are dependent on peoples' opinions of you - so pick your poison.

As for not sounding seeming logical, well I wouldn't expect to sound seem logical to a single mom which I guess you are, given your reaction.
I still hold on to my belief that single moms/baby mamas should get only married to single dads/baby daddies...and I make sure everyone who means anything to me around me knows this. I don't try to stop them, but I make sure I sound the voice of reason.

Baby mamas/daddies have no right to complicate the life of a young man/woman with their own mistakes.

10 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Riele(f): 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2020
Blu03:
grin blasphemy!
grin wink
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by franchasng: 3:45pm On Feb 20, 2020
4ckz:
There are red flags when choosing a partner, and in the history of red flags, I think being a single mom is the redest.

Forget about alpha male and feminism and the rest of it OP. I want you to reason things practically.

- What do simple moms offer really? I mean, in the real sense, what? As it is already, most women are liabilities, now you add children. No man should walk into that huge responsibility, unless atleast the woman can foot half of the bills at least.

- OK, let's say you ignore the status quo, you marry a single mom, you learn to love the children like your own. There is always a HIGH probability that the children would want to be with their biological father one. Even if say na me, no matter how u love me, once I grow up, I go like meet my real papa.
Worst case they leave you, best case, they share their paternal love with you.

- Then, let's talk about the woman, why did the last person leave her? Abi na only you like left overs.
Or, why did she divorce (if married) she fit do the same to you.
She might still have a soft side for the dude, afterall he is the father of her kids.
She might be a LovePeddler (highly probable).

Most single moms are not worth it, unless a widow. There are exceptions though, but they are VERY FEW. I can't build by life on such a low probability.

Peace!
intelligent comment. You earned my medal of respect with this sincere comment.
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by crackkhaus: 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
Riele:

Menace is a strong word.
I don't think single mothers or fathers are a menace to society, I just don't believe any young man/woman with choices should be involved with them up till the point of getting married.. It makes no sense.

Of course single parents can get married, but let it be balanced - marry someone who understands your struggle and situation, it's that simple.

7 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

First of all, stereotypes are stereotypes..and like I have continuously told my usual audience at fam section, you will never be able to legislate how people should feel or think about certain things or certain people. That's a lost battle.

Whether people call single moms prostitutes or losers should not be a problem to a single mom who knows deep in her heart that she's not a prostitute or loser. That shìt can only get to you if you know it is true, or if you already have self-esteem issues which are dependent on peoples' opinions of you - so pick your poison.

As for not sounding seeming logical, well I wouldn't expect to sound logical to a single mom which I guess you are given your reaction.
I still hold on to my belief that single moms/baby mamas should get only married to single dads/baby daddies...and I make sure everyone who means anything to me around me knows this. I don't try to stop them, but I make sure I sound the voice of reason.

Baby mamas/daddies have no right to complicate the life of a young man/woman with their own mistakes.
I have no opposition to your stance at all. I said you aren't logical because you said likewise to blu03. Why the clap back towards the Op if you believe people should think or feel what they feel(as you seem to portray?) You have the liberty to say what you wish and think what you wish but you canceled out her post and claimed she was not logical. Isn't it hypocritical of you? You advice people on their choice of spouse,and when the Op advises people to stop stigmatization you cancel out her post.

Anyone who doesn't agree with you is a single mom including the Op. grin . when someone doesn't agree with you guys you jump into hasty conclusions of the person.
I am also a LGBTQ+ advocate,so call me a gay for speaking up against stigmatization of gays
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

my problem with your ilks is that you have an over bloated ego. You exhalt your opinions over others,she shared her opinion but you got so worked up by it and offered a rebuttal and yet you will go on to say people can have opinions of theirs.

2 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:

I have no opposition to your stance at all. I said you aren't logical because you said likewise to blu03. Why the clap back towards the Op if you believe people should think or feel what they feel(as you seem to portray?) You have the liberty to say what you wish and think what you wish but you canceled out her post and claimed she was not logical. Isn't it hypocritical of you? You advice people on their choice of spouse,and when the Op advises people to stop stigmatization you cancel out her post.

Anyone who doesn't agree with you is a single mom including the Op. grin . when someone doesn't agree with you guys you jump into hasty conclusions of the person.
I am also a LGBTQ+ advocate,so call me a gay for speaking up against stigmatization of gays
he delibrately chose to misinterpret my post and ended up concurring.
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by crackkhaus: 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:

[s]I have no opposition to your stance at all. I said you aren't logical because you said likewise to blu03. Why the clap back towards the Op if you believe people should think or feel what they feel(as you seem to portray?) You have the liberty to say what you wish and think what you wish but you canceled out her post and claimed she was not logical. Isn't it hypocritical of you? You advice people on their choice of spouse,and when the Op advises people to stop stigmatization you cancel out her post.

I am also a LGBTQ+ advocate,so call me a gay for speaking up against stigmatization of gays[/s]
Oh please, just shut up.
Cancelling out her post has nothing to do with her lack of logic, but rather her lack of understanding. I even stated this in my comment.

Cancelling out this your post here is not for it's lack of logic either, but for your kindergarten attempt at gaslighting.

I know you're a single mom because you have typed this yourself on this forum, unless you're just a liar who posts anything for clout...
I don't know you nor do I care to, but I have a photographic memory and if you were half-smart, you would have noticed I deliberately inserted the I 'guessed' in that comment just to get a reaction.

I did not call the OP a single mom BTW, I see you're looking for company.

9 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by crackkhaus: 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2020
Blu03:
he delibrately chose to misinterpret my post and ended up concurring.
Lmao.. cheesy

Please humour me..
What did I misinterpret and what have I concurred with?

I bet you won't be able to answer this if I give you 1week.

7 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Riele(f): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

Menace is a strong word. I don't think single mothers or fathers are a menace to society I just don't believe any young man/woman with choices should be involved with them up till the point of getting married.. It makes no sense.

Of course single parents can get married, but let it be balanced -
Marry someone who understands your struggle and situation it's that simple.

undecided

They're not a menace to the society ? .

Why then are you so worked up ?

2 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Liposure: 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2020
Shoutout 2 all d hardworking single moms around d world

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by crackkhaus: 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:
my problem with your ilks is that you have an over bloated ego. You exhalt your opinions over others,she shared her opinion but you got so worked up by it and offered a rebuttal and yet you will go on to say people can have opinions of theirs.
Your problem is that you suffer from the Dunning-Kruger's effect, which is why you're quoting me on behalf of the OP over and over again, yet accusing me of being the one who is worked up.

9 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by crackkhaus: 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2020
Riele:

undecided

They're not a menace to the society ? .

Why then are you so worked up ?
Another dimwit.

So let's assume that I'm worked up.
How would you explain this?

Am I the society, or the menace, or the single mom?

What exactly should make me worked up about the OP telling people not to stereotype single moms?
Are you slow? grin

9 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by EasternPrince: 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

Oh please, just shut up.
Cancelling out her post has nothing to do with her lack of logic, but rather her lack of understanding. I even stated this in my comment.

Cancelling out this your post here is not for it's lack of logic either, but for your kindergarten attempt at gaslighting.

I know you're a single mom because you have typed this yourself on this forum, unless you're just a liar who posts anything for clout...
I don't know you nor do I care to, but I have a photographic memory and if you were half-smart, you would have noticed I deliberately inserted the I 'guessed' in that comment just to get a reaction.

Sighs!

There was no need to be that harsh. You already made your point loud and clear.

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

Oh please, just shut up.
Cancelling out her post has nothing to do with her lack of logic, but rather her lack of understanding. I even states this in my comment.

Bite my tongue.
All you put up was a pile of horse p00. You dodged the points I stated.

Where did I deny being one? You will like to point out anywhere on this section where I have denied being one.
you are a dunce. And who cares about gaslighting an oaf? I have fought against the bullying of feminists ,redpillers,gays,single parents etc .
You just singled out my stance on this thread to call it gas lighting.

I could gaslight any human but not you-I mean to what end?
You don't feed me ,so why should I be bothered about your opinion on a faceless forum? Who sounds worked up between you and I?

Offer a rebuttal to my post and don't result to ad hominem to get cheap points.

Until you have a [b]sensible[/b]rebuttal to my post don't quote me.

I am waiting for your rebuttal(from your head and not your gonads,because you have being typing from your gonads)

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Martinez39s(m): 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2020
Blu03:

There are several reasons why certain women end up as single mothers.
Rape
This isn't something that is new to any of us. MOST WOMEN HAVE BEEN SEXUALLY ABUSED BY MEN. And coupled with the traumatic experience, they got pregnant.
@ Emboldened uppercase
I stopped reading here. Victim mentality is strong in you. Most women? SMH. The same feminist rhetoric that men are the oppressors and abusers and women are the victims.

@red
Despite how affordable and available abortion pills and contraceptives are, many single mothers who get pregnant by rape still refuse to use them even if they can afford them.

4 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by EasternPrince: 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:

How I wish you would just avoid fighting these redpilled guys. You would sleep a lot better at night I'm sure.

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

Your problem is that you suffer from the Dunning-Kruger's effect, which is why you're quoting me on behalf of the OP over and over again, yet accusing me of being the one who is worked up.
Says someone suffering from autism. Why are you on this thread if you ain't worked up?

Heaven knows between you and I who needs company

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Riele(f): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

Another dimwit.

So let's assume that I'm worked up.
How would you explain this?

Am I the society, or the menace, or the single mom?

What exactly should make me worked up about the OP telling people not to stereotype single moms?
Are you slow? grin

Woah woah woah .

Mind the use of words ! . We won't want to go down that lane undecided

Your comments here shows you're worked up .

2 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by crackkhaus: 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:

Says someone suffering from autism. Why are you on this thread if you ain't worked up?

Heaven knows between you and I who needs company
See question cheesy

If someone's presence on a thread is a representation of their mental state and this thread is about single mothers, then it's actually YOU we should be observing under a microscope since I don't have a vagîna.

8 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by crackkhaus: 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
Riele:

Woah woah woah .

Mind the use of words ! . We won't want to go down that lane undecided
You must really be slow to presume to instruct me on what I should mind or not mind.

5 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
EasternPrince:

How I wish you would just avoid fighting these redpilled guys. You would sleep a lot better at night I'm sure.
I don't fight redpillers ,I don't troll them. I mind my business. You can never see me open threads to sham them. The last I can do is get worked up over pants littered on this section and claim to be woke while typing with a java enabled phone. You never see them in politics,investment or other relevant sections but opening threads upon threads about ladies. How can someone devote his life to mendacity? Is it that they are no other things working on in the lives that the only thing they celebrate is being redpillers? No great job? No sound health? No successful career? No spiritual growth?
The idea of being aware of the manipulation of women ought to make them run away from ladies and avoid discussions concerning them. This people sleep and die over ladies issues.
This obsession is way much.
If you don't agree with them they call you SIMPs or evening newspapers.

At least there are redpillers that comport themselves well on this forum like harddon,caps locked,pansopist etc you can never see them shamelessly trolling ladies threads.

The f00l came to troll the thread and resulted to ad hominem to score cheap points

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

See question cheesy

If someone's presence on a thread is a representation of their mental state and this thread is about single mothers, then it's actually YOU we should be observing under a microscope since I don't have a vagîna.
Do I look like a weakling or someone who needs validation or company?

Lol...
You wish...anyway I am awaiting your sensible rebuttal

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by crackkhaus: 4:40pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:

Bite my tongue.
All you put up was a pile of horse p00. You dodged the points I stated.

Where did I deny being one? You will like to point out anywhere on this section where I have denied being one.
you are a dunce. And who cares about gaslighting an oaf? I have fought against the bullying of feminists ,redpillers,gays,single parents etc .
You just singled out my stance on this thread to call it gas lighting.

I could gaslight any human but not you-I mean to what end?
You don't feed me ,so why should I be bothered about your opinion on a faceless forum? Who sounds worked up between you and I?

Offer a rebuttal to my post and don't result to ad hominem to get cheap points.

Until you have a sensible rebuttal to my post don't quote me.

I am waiting for your rebuttal(from your head and not your gonads,because you have being typing from your gonads)
Already did that extensively in my first response to you, but you decided to go in another direction which I'm always glad to stride in when it comes to intellectual infants like yourself grin

As for the rest of your post, cry me a river.

I already knew from the onset you quoted me because the topic is personal to you. I'm just wondering why it took you this long to unleash your anger.

6 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 20, 2020
Martinez39s:
@ Emboldened uppercase
I stopped reading here. Victim mentality is strong in you. Most women? SMH. The same feminist rhetoric that men are the oppressors and abusers and women are the victims.

@red
Despite how affordable and available abortion pills and contraceptives are, many single mothers who get pregnant by rape still refuse to use them even if they can afford them.

don't drag feminism into this. She isn't a feminist.

She also opened a thread about stigmatizing gays previously ,why didnt you call it victim hood?

2 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

Already did that extensively in my first response to you, but you decided to go in another direction which I'm always glad to stride in when it comes to intellectual infants like yourself grin

As for the rest of your post, cry me a river.

I already knew from the onset you quoted me because the topic is personal to you. I'm just wondering why it took you this long to unleash your anger.
Still waiting for your sensible rebuttal.

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Riele(f): 4:41pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

You must really be slow to presume to instruct me on what I should mind or not mind.

OMG

I'm so sorry . I didn't know I was arguing with some retard .

Jeez , To think I thought you had sense undecided .

Phew . Iranu

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Is It Proper For A Lady In A Serious Relationship Go Clubbing Wtout The Guy? / How Did You Meet Your Partner And Will You Reveal That At Your Wedding / Is Every Lady A Potential Lesbian???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.