Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:02 AM

Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker (47650 Views)

Secondary School Teacher Arrested For Raping A 12-Year-Old Student In Delta / JAMB Rejects Apology Of Timipade Kemepade, Candidate Who Cheated 21 Years Ago / Female Admission Seeker Allegedly Shot Dead By Police (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Sundaycomputer: 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2020
Nest person 0lz
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
Akanoaaa:
The man did not rape the girl. The man asked the girl for sex for admission and the girl agreed but the girl was not offer any admission at the end of the and the girl turn it to rape.

Mumu why didn't you go to court to inform the judge of this stupid info....Rape awaits your sisters

3 Likes

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by EricksonDick: 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

[/s]
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Joystark(f): 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

She wasn't qualified, she and her father were trying to use the lecturer to pass through the back door.
She and the lecturer both agreed to meet in his office by 6am.
Do offices operate by 6am?

NB- not supporting the man, maybe he still didn't do the admission after the sex hence the call out.

You were making sense until the final paragraph...
What sort of NB is that?

Yes, there was some sort of corruption, but sex couldn't have been part of the bargain.
This is all her Father's fault tho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by freeze001(f): 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2020
She did not go by herself. Her father took her there himself believing that the idiot could render assistance towards securing admission. He had no respect for the girl's father at all! Or you want to claim the father took her there as a love-vendor for the idiot to rape? The court has ruled that he raped her and there is medical evidence to prove it so stop the equivocation claiming you do not support rape yet you are looking for how to blame the victim! Even if they were dating which is not the case, could he not respect the girl's father? If you even read the post well you would have seen that the idiot rapist is not even employed by UNILAG but only worked with the school on an ad-hoc basis! In short, you and this rapist have something in common!!

The complainant (victim) had told the court that her father took her to Baruwa’s home one morning for the purpose of helping her to gain admission into Unilag.
She said that while in his office, Baruwa told her to pick up a piece of paper from the floor and forcefully pushed her on a couch and raped her.

The complainant said she was a virgin and never had a boyfriend before the rape that occurred three months away from her 19th birthday.

lucky4west:
sad... i do not support rape,the guy said it was consensual and the girl is 18 no body believed him, i'm not defending or supporting him, but this guy did not carry the girl from her house, she came seeking admission and to some extent there would have been a consensual arrangement, his sentence is too much for the offense, some of our politicians, religious leaders, celebrities rape, harass, molest, sleep with myriads ladies every day nothing happens even if u report: these guys are above the law...now that it is a hapless part time lecturer the law is coming out in full force....Obesere was once accused of rape he said it was consensual they believed him, Peruzzi was accused nothing came out, Apostle Johnson Suleiman nothing came out and so on and so forth...but poor man the law will brandish all its arsenal to strike...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

She was not qualified for the admission, she and her father were trying to use the lecturer to pass through the back door hence the trouble.
The lecturer asked her to come to his office around 6am which she did, do offices open in the school by 6am?
Certainly, they must have used money too, only God and them knows the remaining and whatever they agreed upon before meeting in his office by 6am where the incidence took place.

Yet, it does not justify the act.

It is not new in Naija that knowing people could aid admission into the University or get things done easily.

If he could not help he should have said so.

Raping the girl was wrong .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2020
Male on female rape is the only crime where the suspect is assumed guilty unril proven innocent.

1 Like

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by freeze001(f): 5:58pm On Feb 20, 2020
NAN reports that prosecution had said that Baruwa raped the complainant at 9.25a.m. on July 23, 2015, in Room 8 at the Faculty of Business Administration Annex building, Unilag.
Ijawwomaninoyo:

She was not qualified for the admission, she and her father were trying to use the lecturer to pass through the back door hence the trouble.
The lecturer asked her to come to his office around 6am which she did, do offices open in the school by 6am?
Certainly, they must have used money too, only God and them knows the remaining and whatever they agreed upon before meeting in his office by 6am where the incidence took place.

Some of you need to learn how to read and stop supporting/enabling rape! The rapist naturally lied; the young survivor was even taken to the man's office by her own father yet I wonder where you manufactured 6am from. Even if that were the case, is he such a he-goat that he could not respect her father, his wife and his children? Why rape and hurt the girl?
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2020
Only five witnesses on both sides and it took 4 years for justice to be done.

2 Likes

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Akanoaaa(m): 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:

Mumu why didn't you go to court to inform the judge of this stupid info....Rape awaits your sisters

You are very stupid with what you just said. Olofo omo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by FX(m): 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
freeze001:

Some of you need to learn how to read and stop supporting/enabling rape! The rapist naturally lied; the young survivor was even taken to the man's office by her own father yet I wonder where you manufactured 6am from. Even if that were the case, is he such a he-goat that he could not respect her father, his wife and his children? Why rape and hurt the girl?

Nobody is supporting rape. I believe the man has been framed up. Is it not Nigeria police and lawyers, they are experts in framing innocent people up. This rape thing is even over hyped. Nonsense! I'm not supporting rape in any form. But why should rape carry 21 years in prison while politicians that stole billions of Naira and actually raped millions of people got just 5 years in prison. Nonsense judicial system. Nonsense laws.

1 Like

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Cvesta(m): 6:11pm On Feb 20, 2020
Nice one
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2020
Akanoaaa:

You are very stupid with what you just said. Olofo omo

Go and read your stupid comment again to see your nincompoopism
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by West2019(m): 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
only 10 yrs and 6mths e no bad shal
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Mazikic(m): 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2020
Surfondsystems:
I have an adult female Lhasa Apso for sale. Interested buyers should call 08086887010

How can you sell such a beautiful creature?! You heu-mans can do anything for this worthless paper you call Money!!!
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2020
Mogajunior:
Let's not be too quick to crucify the man. is amazing what teenage girls do this days. She may have truly seduced him. A girl of 15 sent me a love note on valentine day. till this moment I haven't said a word to her and I don't intend to. Is a crazy world I must say.
A love note is not seduction oga.
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by ademijuwonlo(f): 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2020
Mayhem999:
sad

Not just a rapist but a serial liar.
How can u say a small girl threatened to cause a scene when u refused her sex?
The fact that he is unrepentant made his sentencing easier...
Oni Ranu.

I am sure you read the part where it was said that a medical Doctor testified to the rape. That means, Doctor that examined her must have seen bruises that are consistent with rape victim on her vagina wall.....She was raped and being an adult doesnt make rape a consensual sex.

1 Like

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by LikeCool(m): 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2020
Good
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by vezycash(m): 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2020
Mayhem999:
sad
How can u say a small girl threatened to cause a scene when u refused her sex?

Baba dey there. I'm a teacher. Last year the school admin ran to my office. The guy was looking confused. Said a 14/15 year old student came to his office and told him to his face that she has come to collect something and she will get it.

Nigga started asking questions. What do you want? She no talk. Hug? She shake head. Kiss? she nod. Sex? Maybe.

Baba turn matter to joke, stood to leave. She collect key make e for no run.

He Sha stayed in my office for thirty minutes before the girl showed up. Trying everything possible to take him away. I Sha told him to make sure he never stays alone with the girl in the office.

And he always made sure to send for her classmates to the best of my knowledge.

The niggas office wasn't on one closed off corner. The window faced the Court yard. And his office close to the principal's.

So man. Fear them o.
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2020
Why would a reasonable man rape any woman? Sex is not worth this stress. I think sex is over rated
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by ademijuwonlo(f): 6:33pm On Feb 20, 2020
FX:
Nobody is supporting rape. I believe the man has been framed up. Is it not Nigeria police and lawyers, they are experts in framing innocent people up. This rape thing is even over hyped. Nonsense! I'm not supporting rape in any form. But why should rape carry 21 years in prison while politicians that stole billions of Naira and actually raped millions of people got just 5 years in prison. Nonsense judicial system. Nonsense laws.
Did the Medical Doctor that testified in the case framed him up too? For a Dr to testify shows that the situation was examined by a Dr and the findings must have been consistent with rape. Rape is a traumatic experience that can hurt her for the rest of her natural life if the situation is not well handled.
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Alyusroh03: 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2020
*UNBEATABLE DEAL IN IBEJU LEKKI!*
*Victoria Court, Okegelu, Ibeju Lekki ...serene, safe and secured*

*Victoria Court* is a serene, safe and secured eco-friendly gated community that is very well planned.

Located in the fast developing suburb of Lagos. *Victoria Court* was created as a lasting solution to affordable housing deficit gap in Lagos.

*Important Features:*
Buy and Build Estate
Instant Physical Allocation
Free from all encumberances

Location: *Okegelu, facing Coaster Express Road, Ibeju Lekki*
Sizes:
*600sqm*
*450Sqm*
*300Sqm*
Topography: *100% Dry*
Title: *Excision in Progress (LSD/Exc/125/Ibeju Lekki)*

*Promo Prices:*
*N1.5m* for *600sqm*
*N1.25m* for *450sqm*
*N750k* for *300sqm*

*Limited Plots Available!!!*

*Promo ends soon*
Take immediate massive action now, call us now. ... 08181931642 or 08142642370

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Lotusflowerbomb: 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
Just checked his facebook account now. Smh I pity his wife and kids.
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by iswallker(m): 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
lucky4west:
sad... i do not support rape,the guy said it was consensual and the girl is 18 no body believed him, i'm not defending or supporting him, but this guy did not carry the girl from her house, she came seeking admission and to some extent there would have been a consensual arrangement, his sentence is too much for the offense, some of our politicians, religious leaders, celebrities rape, harass, molest, sleep with myriads ladies every day nothing happens even if u report: these guys are above the law...now that it is a hapless part time lecturer the law is coming out in full force....Obesere was once accused of rape he said it was consensual they believed him, Peruzzi was accused nothing came out, Apostle Johnson Suleiman nothing came out and so on and so forth...but poor man the law will brandish all its arsenal to strike...

I am almost moved to tears by this event - we can never make progress if laws are made for the hapless.. What.? 21 yreas in jail.. It wa shis word against hers - there was no witness to the said rape - what if she lied. What if she asked him to do it...

And we are being raped daily by politicians - the future of this country is being mortgaged on a daily basis..

It's so sad.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by iswallker(m): 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2020
ademijuwonlo:

Did the Medical Doctor that testified in the case framed him up too? For a Dr to testify shows that the situation was examined by a Dr and the findings must have been consistent with rape. Rape is a traumatic experience that can hurt her for the rest of her natural life if the situation is not well handled.

Is the medical doctor from Jamaica.. He is a Nigerian and he could be turned by police to achieve a set objective - this guy did not break before the police and the even the judge - Nigerian police would hate such a drain and vow to end his career - and they did.. Sadly.. undecided
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by iswallker(m): 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2020
Joystark:

You were making sense until the final paragraph...
What sort of NB is that?

Yes, there was some sort of corruption, but sex couldn't have been part of the bargain.
This is all her Father's fault tho.

Who told you sex is not part of bargains these days.. They use all they have to get what they want.

Hope she did jamb and passed now after the man got 21...

undecided undecided
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by ma373733(m): 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2020

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by CasNova: 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2020
End of the road for him. Say No to rape.

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Dandsome: 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2020
What a life, oga go serve your term

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) / OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow / Fatima Bombom-Sani Shines At Nigeria Law School, Breaks Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.