Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,553,743 members, 5,890,793 topics. Date: Friday, 02 October 2020 at 12:11 AM

Seeking Gifted Proofreaders/editors - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Seeking Gifted Proofreaders/editors (280 Views)

Hire Book Editors: Call Professional Book Editors on 08039158449. / Proofreaders/proof-listeners / Freelance Proofreaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seeking Gifted Proofreaders/editors by BrisbaneQueen: 6:23pm On Feb 20
This is a very personal and long post.

EDITORS Needed

What I seek is a driven and motivated person to work with me.
I seek people who are passionate, who get really uncomfortable with typographical, grammatical, and all kinds of errors.

I want people who love proofreading and reading.

You've got to be in this for the long-haul. A time may come when I decide to handover majority of editing and administrative jobs to you for a really attractive pay, because I have to focus on other aspects of my life.

I seek loyalty and sterling character. I don't want someone that will come and start boasting all their achievements to me and start acting like without them, my business will crumble.

I need you to be an indispensable kind of person, yet you won't rub it on my face.

I've hired editors in the past. Virtually all of them defrauded me. They sent in articles with little to no changes, and it made me run into serious issues with clients.

Here's an overview of the JD

Some of the people in my writing team finish writing and I feel like their work needs proofreading, line/developmental editing, and reworking.

I'll need you to proofread for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

Also, you have to decide if there is a need restructure sentences and paragraphs to improve flow.
I'll like you to turn a job from an amateur writer to something that's written by a professional writer. You will polish their writing style and voice.

If an article needs a total overhaul, or a majority of their work is badly written or out of point, I'll create a group with the writer and you'll give them instructions on what they should do.

I need you to be a very diplomatic and emotionally intelligent person. Most of us creative people tend to have skoin skoin, and it takes a person with depth of character to navigate these issues and get the best from the writers who are all experts in their own rights.

Please have a computer. It's needed.

If this sounds like you, let's chat. You can start your message by introducing yourself and convincing me why you and I have to work together.

https://wa.me/+2347020399627

I probably won't be able to reply messages that begin otherwise.

Greetings,
BQ.
Re: Seeking Gifted Proofreaders/editors by iamclime(m): 7:07pm On Feb 20
Will talk. I look forward to a mutually beneficial working relationship. Blessings
Re: Seeking Gifted Proofreaders/editors by kinzation(m): 8:29am On Feb 21
BrisbaneQueen:
This is a very personal and long post.

EDITORS Needed

What I seek is a driven and motivated person to work with me.
I seek people who are passionate, who get really uncomfortable with typographical, grammatical, and all kinds of errors.

I want people who love proofreading and reading.

You've got to be in this for the long-haul. A time may come when I decide to handover majority of editing and administrative jobs to you for a really attractive pay, because I have to focus on other aspects of my life.

I seek loyalty and sterling character. I don't want someone that will come and start boasting all their achievements to me and start acting like without them, my business will crumble.

I need you to be an indispensable kind of person, yet you won't rub it on my face.

I've hired editors in the past. Virtually all of them defrauded me. They sent in articles with little to no changes, and it made me run into serious issues with clients.

Here's an overview of the JD

Some of the people in my writing team finish writing and I feel like their work needs proofreading, line/developmental editing, and reworking.

I'll need you to proofread for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

Also, you have to decide if there is a need restructure sentences and paragraphs to improve flow.
I'll like you to turn a job from an amateur writer to something that's written by a professional writer. You will polish their writing style and voice.

If an article needs a total overhaul, or a majority of their work is badly written or out of point, I'll create a group with the writer and you'll give them instructions on what they should do.

I need you to be a very diplomatic and emotionally intelligent person. Most of us creative people tend to have skoin skoin, and it takes a person with depth of character to navigate these issues and get the best from the writers who are all experts in their own rights.

Please have a computer. It's needed.

If this sounds like you, let's chat. You can start your message by introducing yourself and convincing me why you and I have to work together.

I probably won't be able to reply messages that begin otherwise.

Greetings,
BQ.

Hello
I've not been able to to reach you on WhatsApp through thr link provided. I feel your pains and frustration. Let's talk via WhatsApp 08128859356

1 Like

Re: Seeking Gifted Proofreaders/editors by BrisbaneQueen: 8:43pm On Feb 24
Many thanks to all who applied. I've hired a few and I'm happy with their output so far.

There's a vacancy for two more outstanding individuals. If you have a strong writing background, it's a big plus.
Re: Seeking Gifted Proofreaders/editors by iamclime(m): 9:48pm On Feb 24
BrisbaneQueen:
Many thanks to all who applied. I've hired a few and I'm happy with their output so far.

There's a vacancy for two more outstanding individuals. If you have a strong writing background, it's a big plus.
You did not reply or acknowledge the WhatsApp message sent to you.
Re: Seeking Gifted Proofreaders/editors by BrisbaneQueen: 6:55pm On Feb 25
iamclime:

You did not reply or acknowledge the WhatsApp message sent to you.

There are so many. And It can be a tad overwhelming.
Please resend.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Navy Recruitment Registration 2020 Begin On March 11th (apply Here) / Reject Mail Or No Reply At All, Which Do You Prefer? / Urgently Need A One Bedroom Apartment Or Self Contained Apartment For Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.