Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? (3230 Views)

It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private / Someone Please Recommend A Good Original Power Bank / How To Identify An Original Power Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by MayenKudi: 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2020
A smartphone and power bank are not exempted from the counterfeit problem and it is a clear fact that it is very difficult to get original gadgets in Nigeria notwithstanding whether it is registered by the Standard Organisation of Nigeria (SON) or not.

Nigerians barely enjoying 24 hours power hence the need for power bank to power smartphones is important. No one wants to make the mistake of buying a fake power bank but the real question is; is it worth it?

Some people could say yes considering the power supply situation in the country but then personally, I feel it's in a users best interest to get a smartphone itself that can serve both the use of a power bank and smartphone simultaneously. Doesn't make sense right? Well, let's check out tips for buying original power bank for your smartphone so it will help in comparison debate.

1. Capacity

Power banks with more capacity tend to be more useful. A power bank’s capacity is measured in ‘mAh’ which is similar to smartphones. So, the more the ‘mAh’ the more capacity and more charging power it possesses. If you have a charger with a larger output voltage than your current device, you should be able to get several charges for your device. Many smartphones today come with massive batteries that are larger than many power banks, a 5000 mAh battery is considered huge yet we have the likes of the Pouvoir 3 plus and Asus ROG phone II which come with a 6000 mAh battery not to mention others.

2. Portability

You should probably buy a lightweight and easy-to-carry power bank to charge your smartphone or other gadgets. The higher the capacity, the bigger the power bank. Now you'll agree with me that walking with a smartphone that has a great battery life is way more easier than carrying both a phone and a power bank at the same time. Imagine you mocking those that walk with their chargers around only for them to see you walking with a huge power bank grin cheesy

3. Price

Before buying a power bank online for your battery, it would be beneficial if you could do some price research. You should buy from platforms that can help you zero-in on the right power banks in low rates with amazing features perfectly matching your needs, but that doesn't still cover the cost of your Smartphones to be charged, so it's still cheaper having both power bank and phone all in one device.

4. USB features/compatibility

Most power banks come with an in-built USB charger, while some simply don’t because you’re expected to use the one that came with your mobile device. Since not all USB chargers are the same, many people make the mistake of using a very old USB charger to charge up their power banks. All these are complications to don't get to experience once you've got a smartphone that does both. wink

5. Quality

Now this is the most important factor you need to consider as you can easily be duped, you'll have to always check for any fault lines before making a purchase, you should never forget to check reviews. For example, the design of the circuit board, the quality of chips used, and how the safety mechanisms are implemented also play a vital role when it comes to deciding the quality of a power bank, now you can go through all these and still be cheated on, how about you save yourself all the stress and get a good smartphone with an amazing battery.

Please note, these is just my point of view and you're open to yours, the debate is open and I'll honestly love to know where I got it wrong. I'm not saying having a power bank is bad, but how about you consider a smartphone whose battery life can serve as a power bank too.

Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by selfdefence: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2020
I think you have a strong point, but if you must know, there are power banks with as much as 15,000 mAh grin

1 Like

Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Dandsome: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
This thread just makes me smile, it reminds me of a post I once saw on Twitter grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by LOGOBELT: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
what are you talking about, with as much as 150,000maH

Anyway, get ecommerce online store for dropshipping + free domain + SEO Manager for 2k. Check my Signature for contact
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by hisgrace090: 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
There are so many good power bank in the market today.
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by MayenKudi: 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2020
selfdefence:
I think you have a strong point, but if you must know, there are power banks with as much as 15,000 mAh grin
how many times do get to see such power banks? Are they even original? Are they durable? the point is why get a powerbank when you can get the pouvoir 3 plus? It saves you all the troubles
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by MayenKudi: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2020
Dandsome:
This thread just makes me smile, it reminds me of a post I once saw on Twitter grin grin
you can imagine cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Kayconcept2(m): 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
Phone manufacturing companies are really doing well at improving the life span of batteries on phones these days; TECNO Pourvor 3 with 6000 mAh is an example of such phones.

So do I really need a power bank? For me, No!!!
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by theoneJabulani(m): 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2020
Well, it depends on the phone. I use umidigi power which last night me through out the whole day on real heavy usage and it has fast charge, when it's low I can charge to 100% in 90mins. So I don't need a power bank.
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Sunkanmiwise(m): 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
Why will I be carrying heavy load about all in the name of power bank.

Am putting my money together to even get the TECNO Pourvor 3 with 6000mAh that can last days.
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Mohbola(f): 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2020
Kayconcept2:
Phone manufacturing companies are really doing well at improving the life span of batteries on phones these days; TECNO Pourvor 3 with 6000 mAh is an example of such phones.

So do I really need a power bank? For me, No!!!

Your phone is a power bank... Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by mytime24(f): 12:21am On Feb 21, 2020
First bank don change name to power bank angry
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Kvngfrosh(m): 3:48am On Feb 21, 2020
���
See As Dem Advertise Phone
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Owerri1stSon: 5:23am On Feb 21, 2020
Bought mine from shop rite... 20k mAH for 10500
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Slawormir: 5:50am On Feb 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Mine is 20100mah
Ravpower power bank
It can charge my laptop

But ehnnnn he dey take like forever before that power bank dey full
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Just2endowed2(m): 6:15am On Feb 21, 2020
On the go....

Using Romoss Sense 8+30,000mah powerbank support qc 3.0 fast charging here wink. There are 20,000mah and 10,000mah also.

If you need a powerbank, Op Romoss stand to be the best. You can Check my siggy of 5 years now to see lots of testimonies and customers review.

Contact me on my siggy if you need one. We deliver anywhere in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by seankafor(m): 6:22am On Feb 21, 2020
If you re a heavy user like me, that has many gadgets then power bank Issa must no matter what..

I use a 30k rommos sense 8+ courtesy of just2endowed

3 Likes

Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Tallesty1(m): 6:36am On Feb 21, 2020
selfdefence:
Even 30,000 Mah
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Tallesty1(m): 6:39am On Feb 21, 2020
MayenKudi:
how many times do get to see such power banks? Are they even original? Are they durable? the point is why get a powerbank when you can get the pouvoir 3 plus? It saves you all the troubles
Xiaomi, Baseus, and Oraimo power banks are more original than Pouvoir 3 plus.

That phone won't go more than a day on heavy use.
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by MrBONE2(m): 7:54am On Feb 21, 2020
For me INEC power Bank does it for my PC, phones, Fan and my Food Cooler and Warmer grin
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by just2endowed: 8:01am On Feb 21, 2020
seankafor:
If you re a heavy user like me, that has many gadgets then power bank Issa must no matter what..

Gracia
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by andelawhite: 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2020
Tecno's pouvoir series has got some encouraging battery power. I can't be carrying phone and power bank upandan the whole world.
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by MartinsD12(m): 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2020
Tallesty1:
Xiaomi, Baseus, and Oraimo power banks are more original than Pouvoir 3 plus.

That phone won't go more than a day on heavy use.
It's so easy to critize, the same oraimo you are claiming it's original is a Transsion company dealing on accessories, same company owns tecno, Infinix and itel, pouvoir 3 plus is an excellent quality smartphone

Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Oyeleye101(m): 10:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
seankafor:

I use this too. Great powerbank for money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by bravesoul247(m): 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2020
MayenKudi:
A smartphone and power bank are not exempted from the counterfeit problem and it is a clear fact that it is very difficult to get original gadgets in Nigeria notwithstanding whether it is registered by the Standard Organisation of Nigeria (SON) or not.

Nigerians barely enjoying 24 hours power hence the need for power bank to power smartphones is important. No one wants to make the mistake of buying a fake power bank but the real question is; is it worth it?

Some people could say yes considering the power supply situation in the country but then personally, I feel it's in a users best interest to get a smartphone itself that can serve both the use of a power bank and smartphone simultaneously. Doesn't make sense right? Well, let's check out tips for buying original power bank for your smartphone so it will help in comparison debate.

1. Capacity

Power banks with more capacity tend to be more useful. A power bank’s capacity is measured in ‘mAh’ which is similar to smartphones. So, the more the ‘mAh’ the more capacity and more charging power it possesses. If you have a charger with a larger output voltage than your current device, you should be able to get several charges for your device. Many smartphones today come with massive batteries that are larger than many power banks, a 5000 mAh battery is considered huge yet we have the likes of the Pouvoir 3 plus and Asus ROG phone II which come with a 6000 mAh battery not to mention others.

2. Portability

You should probably buy a lightweight and easy-to-carry power bank to charge your smartphone or other gadgets. The higher the capacity, the bigger the power bank. Now you'll agree with me that walking with a smartphone that has a great battery life is way more easier than carrying both a phone and a power bank at the same time. Imagine you mocking those that walk with their chargers around only for them to see you walking with a huge power bank grin cheesy

3. Price

Before buying a power bank online for your battery, it would be beneficial if you could do some price research. You should buy from platforms that can help you zero-in on the right power banks in low rates with amazing features perfectly matching your needs, but that doesn't still cover the cost of your Smartphones to be charged, so it's still cheaper having both power bank and phone all in one device.

4. USB features/compatibility

Most power banks come with an in-built USB charger, while some simply don’t because you’re expected to use the one that came with your mobile device. Since not all USB chargers are the same, many people make the mistake of using a very old USB charger to charge up their power banks. All these are complications to don't get to experience once you've got a smartphone that does both. wink

5. Quality

Now this is the most important factor you need to consider as you can easily be duped, you'll have to always check for any fault lines before making a purchase, you should never forget to check reviews. For example, the design of the circuit board, the quality of chips used, and how the safety mechanisms are implemented also play a vital role when it comes to deciding the quality of a power bank, now you can go through all these and still be cheated on, how about you save yourself all the stress and get a good smartphone with an amazing battery.

Please note, these is just my point of view and you're open to yours, the debate is open and I'll honestly love to know where I got it wrong. I'm not saying having a power bank is bad, but how about you consider a smartphone whose battery life can serve as a power bank too.
Nice info op.
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by bravesoul247(m): 10:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
seankafor:

30k? What's the battery capacity and how long does it last?
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by tobby20: 11:13pm On Feb 22, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Mine is 20100mah
Ravpower power bank
It can charge my laptop

But ehnnnn he dey take like forever before that power bank dey full
Anyhow , incase u wan sell am
Recommend me sha
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by tobby20: 11:16pm On Feb 22, 2020
Just2endowed2:
On the go....

Using Romoss Sense 8+30,000mah powerbank support qc 3.0 fast charging here wink. There are 20,000mah and 10,000mah also.

If you need a powerbank, Op Romoss stand to be the best. You can Check my siggy of 5 years now to see lots of testimonies and customers review.

Contact me on my siggy if you need one. We deliver anywhere in Nigeria
How much are,they 30000k own
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by just2endowed: 8:33am On Feb 23, 2020
seankafor:

Great, I can see your powerbank is on a fast charging your device. It turn blue when fast charging cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Chomolina: 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
Buying a brand new power bank is not bad but ensure the features of the bank in terms of durability, capacity and it's ability to serve it's purpose
Re: Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? by Mohbola(f): 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
Its not bad to own a power bank.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help I Just Bought A Brand New Samsung That I Cant Use / Nin / Cnn Live Application On Your Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.