Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Dropped Charges Against Cheney Is A Sign Of A Weak Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dropped Charges Against Cheney Is A Sign Of A Weak Government (489 Views)

'better An Ex-dictator Than A Weak President'- UK Telegraph / Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney / Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dropped Charges Against Cheney Is A Sign Of A Weak Government by shevchenko(m): 9:52pm On Dec 16, 2010
Please why the suit settled out of court,I thought jonathan said zero tolerance to corruption.Talk about talking from both sides of the mouth
Re: Dropped Charges Against Cheney Is A Sign Of A Weak Government by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Dec 16, 2010
shevchenko:

Please why the suit settled out of court,I thought jonathan said zero tolerance to corruption.Talk about talking from both sides of the mouth
Where do you have him saying that? And what has corruption to do with this?
Re: Dropped Charges Against Cheney Is A Sign Of A Weak Government by Beaf: 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2010
shevchenko:

For your info, when there is an out of court settlement, it is because the defending party has accepted liability.
Re: Dropped Charges Against Cheney Is A Sign Of A Weak Government by shevchenko(m): 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2010
Talking from both sides of the mouth,typical of nigerians.justifying dropped 18 count charges against cheney.
Re: Dropped Charges Against Cheney Is A Sign Of A Weak Government by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^ Not saying you are 100% wrong but at least get the information right.

I am not saying you are wrong about the claim that it is likely out of weakness, but calling it corruption, I got ask what the corrupt angle you see here is. Yes, the Cheney side still holds that the Nigerian government has a baseless case against Cheney but I am of the mind that they would rather settle this so they can get past this problem and continue their business in and with Nigerian Government.
Re: Dropped Charges Against Cheney Is A Sign Of A Weak Government by Beaf: 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2010
shevchenko:

Talking from both sides of the mouth,typical of nigerians.justifying dropped 18 count charges against cheney.

Dude, shut the fck up. You opened a thread in loud ignorance and you're just getting more foolish cos you've been tolerated.
Do you know the details of the settlement? Do you know what info was given?

These days every agbero thinks he is bright.
Re: Dropped Charges Against Cheney Is A Sign Of A Weak Government by tpia1: 10:14pm On Dec 16, 2010
@ topic

not necessarily.

sometimes people have no other choice.

i agree it may constitute weakness but what's to be done.

these are very bad times.
Re: Dropped Charges Against Cheney Is A Sign Of A Weak Government by hakanai(m): 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2010
it has always being a gimmick and i bet you it can never happen.unless the donkey grow horns.which nonsense! how many leaders dey naija wey don steal,we no catch na ex-VP of USA!!!! guys EFCC when we say work, we talk say make you over perform like that oooo!!!!! grin
Re: Dropped Charges Against Cheney Is A Sign Of A Weak Government by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2010
I will wait to see if Waziri, or even Jonathan, will, in the future, attempt to claim/ point to this as an achievement of some kind. ROFLMAO!!! I suspect that is what this was particular more about, than anything else.
Re: Dropped Charges Against Cheney Is A Sign Of A Weak Government by MandingoII(m): 11:08pm On Dec 16, 2010
Nigeria settled for $250,000,000 USD

(1) (Reply)

Gej Should Obey The Zoning Formula Of Pdpd / Babangida: Politically Disemboweled, Demystified, Desperate! / Ibb, Atiku, Gusau, To Abandon Gej For Ribadu Or Buhari If Gej Gets Pdp Nod.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.