Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Is India A Good Country - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is India A Good Country (7306 Views)

Is Kuwait A Good Country To Hustle / Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student / What Good Country Can I Relocate With One Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is India A Good Country by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2020
Is india a good country to resides, mostly in aspect of job opportunities and education
Re: Is India A Good Country by nlPoster: 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
Do you mean as a black African (Nigerian)?
Re: Is India A Good Country by salford: 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
johnny6211:
Is india a good country to resides, mostly in aspect of job opportunities and education
you should visit this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/5682247/28-days-10000-miles-railway/19
Re: Is India A Good Country by nlPoster: 10:32pm On Feb 20, 2020
That thread has created a lot of interest in India but people should remember, as a black person, you might not necessarily fit in.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is India A Good Country by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 10:56pm On Feb 20, 2020
You want to be dragging jobs with idians wey jobs never reach their citizens abi?

johnny6211:

2 Likes

Re: Is India A Good Country by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 21, 2020
9JAFULLBREED:
You want to be dragging jobs with idians wey jobs never reach their citizens abi?

abeg na question i ask na
Re: Is India A Good Country by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 21, 2020
9JAFULLBREED:

Do you undrstnd my question? I only asked a question mr
Re: Is India A Good Country by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:31am On Feb 21, 2020
johnny6211:
No India is like a remix of most African countries, try other countries especially developed onessmiley
Re: Is India A Good Country by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 21, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
No India is like a remix of most African countries, try other countries especially developed onessmiley
ok, thanks
Re: Is India A Good Country by Goel: 1:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Last time I checked, India's poorest and most underdeveloped state Bihar has HDI above African continent.

India isn't a very "good" country to live in honestly (except democratic freedoms and stabilit). But it's definitely a better place with lot of opportunities when compared to any other third world country.

5 Likes

Re: Is India A Good Country by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
Goel:

Last time I checked, India's poorest and most underdeveloped state Bihar has HDI above African continent.

India isn't a very "good" country to live in honestly (except democratic freedoms and stabilit). But it's definitely a better place with lot of opportunities when compared to any other third world country.
I mentioned the word REMIX, HDI above African continent that's not true.
Re: Is India A Good Country by Redman44(m): 2:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
@ Johnny6211,

India is way above many African countries when it comes to Manufacturing and Production of goods. I have a good working relationship with Indians. I have not lived in India but I think if you are a business oriented person, you won't fail as a immigrant to India. India has some wealthy States like Gujarat etc. When it comes to infrastructure, India is better than Nigeria. Yes, lots of poor people are in India. Yes, Indians discriminate against blacks and even among themselves sometimes. You can do business successfully in India and get things from there to sell in Nigeria. You can even work as a representative of Indian companies in Nigeria. So, India can work for you if you know what you are doing smiley smiley smiley smiley.

1 Like

Re: Is India A Good Country by Redman44(m): 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
Goel:

You have spoken well. However, you can't define how a Country is until you live in that country for some years. Every country has its owns Positive and Negative sides, including India. Some Nigerians have become successful in nations like India, Cambodia etc, while there are Nigerians who have failed miserably in countries like the USA, UK, Europe, Australia etc. So, it all boils down to the individual and what he or she can achieve in difficult situations, Indians are enterprise driven, so is India. If you want to engage in trade, commerce and industry, India is a good country to live in.

3 Likes

Re: Is India A Good Country by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 21, 2020
Thanks alot
Re: Is India A Good Country by Goel: 6:56pm On Feb 23, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
I mentioned the word REMIX,
Okay, my bad.
Stephenmoka4:
HDI above African continent that's not true.
No, it's true.
Re: Is India A Good Country by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
Goel:

Okay, my bad.

No, it's true.
I usually think South Africa, Egypt, Seychelles, Mauritius or even Libya etc have a better HDI than india
Re: Is India A Good Country by WIZGUY69(m): 2:13am On Feb 24, 2020
Have you heard of Shitthole country before? That's India grin

10 Likes

Re: Is India A Good Country by Goel: 3:48pm On Feb 24, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
I usually think South Africa, Egypt, Seychelles, Mauritius or even Libya etc have a better HDI than india
I said Africa on average ranks behind poorest Indian state Bihar which is true.

Moreover, if we go down leaving African middleast, you will rarely find any nation ahead of India.

Libya is an Arabian settlement, Seychelles and Mauritius are Indian settlements, South Africa has high inequality and ranks behind India in inequality adjusted HDI. So, is Botswana and most others.
Re: Is India A Good Country by Goel: 3:50pm On Feb 24, 2020
WIZGUY69:
Have you heard of Shitthole country before? That's India grin
Indeed lol, Africa shines. Do you know what poor Indian people think when they feel bad about themselves? They talk of Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Is India A Good Country by nlPoster: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
Everybody does that.
Re: Is India A Good Country by Stephenmoka4(m): 6:29pm On Feb 24, 2020
Goel:

I said Africa on average ranks behind poorest Indian state Bihar which is true.

Moreover, if we go down leaving African middleast, you will rarely find any nation ahead of India.

Libya is an Arabian settlement, Seychelles and Mauritius are Indian settlements, South Africa has high inequality and ranks behind India in inequality adjusted HDI. So, is Botswana and most others.
That's not far from saying Australia has a better HDI than North America, where as there are big HDI countries there but, due to the retarded ones that definitely dropped the continent's average as continent average is not really a go go here. There are lots of countries in Africa that are way higher than India but, the retarded ones pulls the continent's down sadly. Making Bihar sounds king over Africa is different (if you get the line),
If you leave Africa and Middle East there are still nations ahead of 'em
Algeria, Tunisia, Gabon, Morocco and even Cape Verde (have a better HDI than India) even if they do have a better HDI than India, does living there makes one comfortable or could I fit in; is another thing to consider
Re: Is India A Good Country by WIZGUY69(m): 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
Goel:

Indeed lol, Africa shines. Do you know what poor Indian people think when they feel bad about themselves? They talk of Africa.

See your dreams country here: https://www.nairaland.com/5682247/28-days-10000-miles-railway/23#86888344

Go through it like you're preparing for an Exact. grin
Re: Is India A Good Country by Iamemblem(m): 5:11am On Feb 25, 2020
India is a good country for learning cheap and most expecialy learning IT and medical. You can contact President Donald Trump that is currently in India for more details. Cheers ☺

johnny6211:
Re: Is India A Good Country by FlutterDollar99(m): 8:21am On Feb 25, 2020
johnny6211:
India is the poverty capital of the world. What do you want to go and do there?

2 Likes

Re: Is India A Good Country by anderahenry: 1:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
I would like to thank you for such a great topic you are providing here. India is a developing country. Hostsailor They are a lot of job opportunities and educational insittutes and it helps to achieve our dreams easily.
Re: Is India A Good Country by Saintp(m): 1:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
My advice to would be travellers is that if you must live Nigeria, travel legally to a first world country and enjoy your life. There is no point jumping from one shithole to another advanced shithole.

6 Likes

Re: Is India A Good Country by Goel: 5:59am On Mar 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
South Africa is far behind in Inequality adjusted HDI. Seychelles and Mauritius are too small to compare as most island countries have good HDI (and Seychelles and Mauritius are African only geographically not ethnically).

A couple of cherry picked countries won't put African average anywhere near world. Moreover, even these cherrypick countries have holes in development and lag behind India in many indicators despite higher HDIs.

Over that, India's GDP per capita growth and HDI improvement rates are sufficient enough to surpass even these countries in a couple of years.
Everyone of them except Seychelles and Mauritius.
WIZGUY69:

See your dreams country here: https://www.nairaland.com/5682247/28-days-10000-miles-railway/23#86888344

Go through it like you're preparing for an Exact. grin
This is a loser's post and doesn't make any difference. Development indicators display very well where Africa stands against India.

These trains won't even remain in India in next two decades as India has moved manufacturing other rolling stocks now.

We have pretty good even now. And will be great even before our GDP per capita reaches $20,000 in 2030.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vande_Bharat_Express

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_rail_transport_in_India

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail_in_India

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_rail_transit_in_India
Re: Is India A Good Country by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:20am On Mar 06, 2020
Goel:

South Africa is far behind in Inequality adjusted HDI. Seychelles and Mauritius are too small to compare as most island countries have good HDI (and Seychelles and Mauritius are African only geographically not ethnically).

A couple of cherry picked countries won't put African average anywhere near world. Moreover, even these cherrypick countries have holes in development and lag behind India in many indicators despite higher HDIs.

Over that, India's GDP per capita growth and HDI improvement rates are sufficient enough to surpass even these countries in a couple of years.
Everyone of them except Seychelles and Mauritius.

This is a loser's post and doesn't make any difference. Development indicators display very well where Africa stands against India.

These trains won't even remain in India in next two decades as India has moved manufacturing other rolling stocks now.

We have pretty good even now. And will be great even before our GDP per capita reaches $20,000 in 2030.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vande_Bharat_Express

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_rail_transport_in_India

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail_in_India

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_rail_transit_in_India
For me I see HDI as a means of giving an insight on how a country is likely to be, e.g Australia do have better HDI than USA but, I'll consider USA same applies to Norway against UK. I'll still consider UK over Norway.

Clubs in the UEFA zone do have coefficient (like HDI) a lower HDI club can override a club with higher HDI but, that doesn't makes it better e.g (CC means club coefficient)
A 7.5 CC may defeat a 91.00 CC but, might lose to a 14.51 CC club (sorry for the weird example, just trying to make it somewhat understandable)
Re: Is India A Good Country by Goel: 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
For me I see HDI as a means of giving an insight on how a country is likely to be, e.g Australia do have better HDI than USA but, I'll consider USA same applies to Norway against UK. I'll still consider UK over Norway.
Obviously, US & UK are more modern, technologically more advanced and able to sustain themselves.

Same applies to India when compared with those small number of African countries HDI above India. Mostly rural but have certain indicators above India for various reasons.
Re: Is India A Good Country by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
Goel:

Obviously, US & UK are more modern, technologically more advanced and able to sustain themselves.

Same applies to India when compared with those small number of African countries HDI above India. Mostly rural but have certain indicators above India for various reasons.
They are just so many places in Africa that will definitely overwrites places in India, everywhere have their down sides too but, Africa alone vs India in terms of places, I'll still consider Africa.
Re: Is India A Good Country by Goel: 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
They are just so many places in Africa that will definitely overwrites places in India, everywhere have their down sides too but, Africa alone vs India in terms of places, I'll still consider Africa.
It doesn't make any sense simply. For every single African place outshining India's, India will have dozens of even better places.
If India's average is better, it's obvious that density of development should be much higher here. Africa can't have worse average than India if is overally preferably place over India.

I'm not saying that everything doesn't have it's bright and dark sides. But at least in context of development, you can't find any justification here.

India is still a lower middle income country but it has made great strides in lifting it's people since 90s. It is disputed by no one.
Re: Is India A Good Country by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
Goel:

It doesn't make any sense simply. For every single African place outshining India's, India will have dozens of even better places.
If India's average is better, it's obvious that density of development should be much higher here. Africa can't have worse average than India if is overally preferably place over India.

I'm not saying that everything doesn't have it's bright and dark sides. But at least in context of development, you can't find any justification here.

India is still a lower middle income country but it has made great strides in lifting it's people since 90s. It is disputed by no one.
Using a country against a continent is not worth comparing or an unwise pick as continent carry way too much load. It's like someone is using Canada to compare Asia. There are always places in Asia that will beat Canada e.g Singapore but, Canada can beat Asia with its HDI of course, there are many low HDI countries that will bring Asia's average HDI value down.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South African Visa / Traveling To Belize Any Advice? / South African Invitation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.