Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists (26164 Views)

Ladoja Calls For Amnesty For Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu As FG Did For Boko Haram / Agency For Repentant Boko Haram Members Bill Introduced At The Senate / Automatic Ticket: Protest Rocks PDP, Two Shot, As Stakeholders Reject Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by springer: 9:31am On Feb 21, 2020
Present Yoruba Leaders will regret not fighting for independence of Oduduwa Republic.We have no reason to be tied to this bondage. I see new nations from the failed Country called Nigeria. The country has failed her people.

UK refused to further bear burden of EU especially the influx of terrorist to Europe but Western Nigeria refused to seek independence even in the wake of constant and endless attacks on their people.

Failed Leadership, failed Country and docile Citizens. I see new nations from the failed country. The earlier the better or why should Yoruba share burden of self-inflicted region.

Bill to cater for the terrorists while the injured innocent citizens languish in poverty. Now I suspect what they call Buhari in connection with the terrorists. One day the docile youths will wake up and confront the armed government just like it happened in Abeokuta yesterday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by wasi9ice: 9:32am On Feb 21, 2020
The country that is presently fighting insurgency with the lives of galant soldiers on the Plater,,, yet the past governor of Yobe one of the Bokoharam dominated areas, sponsoring a bill that would give the retired and tired insurgence a comfortable soft landing,,,just because non of his children or relatives has been killed,,,,,,

Keep deceiving your selves

1 Like

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Facelesscabal(m): 9:33am On Feb 21, 2020
mcquin:

Help at the expense of the South, amnesty at the expense of those who lost lives the the war, what of the family of the soldiers killed?
Why not grant amnesty to Kidnappers, Drug dealers and Armed Robbers, who said they were no brainwashed too?

It unfortunate the South keeps bearing the brunt of the North's mischief.

Yh i understand your point brother.. according to the news it say they werent found on the battle field..just so you understand some of them might have been arrested in camps overrun by the military and some are informants..im not justifying it but i pray we dont ever find ourselves into situations that would make us go against our will..people are different with different mindset and exposure who do we blame?

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by vincijr(m): 9:34am On Feb 21, 2020
TroubleMaker47:
The truth is, Amnesty either for ND militants or Boko haram should never have been!
There is absolutely no justification for forgiving criminals and paying them or catering for there welfare regardless of the cause they claim to be fighting for!
Late Umaru Yar Ardua set a bad precedent by granting amnesty to terrorists with the name MEND. Today BH are asking for the same.
Afterall they are both intricately intertwined
They both fought for a cause!
They both threatened the goverment!
They both employed violence
They both caused the goverment loss of lives and properties!
So yes WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GEESE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER!
AMNESTY SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN, BUT HERE WE ARE!!!

No opinion noted
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:38am On Feb 21, 2020
Btruth:
a bi ode ni e nii?

How can you compare Niger Delta boys to Boko Haram boys? Of what similarities are they?
One is fighting for their right and the other is destroying life and properties because they claimed they don't need/want education. So, where is the just cause?
I wrote, they are fighting for a "cause" now wether that cause makes sense to you or me is all about perspective.
But the method with which they fought for the cause is what brought about the tag terrorism.
And that is violence!
No matter how honourable a cause is, once violence is involved against a state that leads to loss of lives and properties, it is now an act of terrorism.
Every government knows this!
Even USA the percieved home of democracy would never all any group to threaten them with violence.
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by ShipChina2naija: 9:38am On Feb 21, 2020
StarUp:
Nigeria's case has gotten to a cryable stage...
you no lie my brother.... All I wish now is to leave this country...by year 2031 ex boko haram member just like buhari would be the president of this country.... Chiefs of armed forces staff would all be members of boko haram...ministries and parastatals would be led by boko haram ..then their main agenda would come to pass...
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Corrections: 9:39am On Feb 21, 2020
A SMART, SENSITIVE AND SENSIBLE SOLDIER WOULD LEAVE THE MILITARY AND LOOK FOR ANOTHER JOB AS THE PROPOSED BILL TO LEGALIZE BOKO HARAM IS PROPOSED
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:39am On Feb 21, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Your woman obviously has nothing upstairs, because just as the breast milk from mothers they say affects the child, so as the breast milk and cum you have been swallowing.

Just admit what you said was pointless. Who even mentions a trouble maker angry na me find trouble no vex
Troublemaker go always get sense pass side chic! grin
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by DennisEche(m): 9:41am On Feb 21, 2020
Nigeria is finished....
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Facelesscabal(m): 9:45am On Feb 21, 2020
teemy:

I concur to your thoughts. The BH ranks has been swelled by kidnapped kids and such. They use the women as war brides and the younglings as more soldiers.

For the first time since this issue has been brought up, I am just reading that those planned for amnesty fall into that group.

If we adopt a mindset of 'kill them all', this war ain't ending soon. If there is a way of giving soft landings to non orients or kidnapped members of the group, cases of combatants dropping their weapons and reporting themselves to the next military post will abound. That then will give info for the layout of their bases and give the soldiers an better plan of attack.

If on the other hand they know they are on the death list, this will never happen as they be forced to fight till they drop dead. BH on the other hand will keep 'recritung' either by indoctrination or kidnapping like the attack on chibok which happened a few days ago.

The onus on the government now is

- how to prove to the public that these ones will no later return to being menaces

- give succor to the families of those who lost their lives (soldiers and civilians) that this is a right step to ensure the sacrifices of the dead would not be a waste as this step would end the war fast.

- show true determination in taking care of the displaced

- work on how radicalism would no more take hold of the hearts of youths in the north and effectively transition the almajiry system

- improve the economy in the north as a hood work place

- obey the rule of law (the death of Yusuf caused all this wahala)

Wisdom is needed here and the govt should not just feel people will readily accept the offer. People are hurt and the government already made a move that speaks insensitivity. They should have approached stakeholders with an explanation ahead of making such a move.

I hope the best is done to put all this into our history books VERY soon.

Hmm what you just said is very true..people are hurt im sure 70% of the populace would vote for them to be executed but with proper orientation on the matter and proper sensitization with the public would reduce all this anxiety..we are not carried out along we just wake up to news from the people at the top so everything this days seems like a propaganda for top officials to make money from every given scheme that’s supposed to benefit the people so generally this is a sensitive matter which I promise might lead to another uprising from another corner if not treated with wisdom..but till then we watch and see

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Simeonuche(m): 9:46am On Feb 21, 2020
What a country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Sagay212: 9:47am On Feb 21, 2020
How can any human being with a functioning brain want amnesty for terrorists. These animals are not talking about the IDP that the terrorists have created in the north. They are not talking about compensating the families of the numerous soldiers and people killed by boko harambe terrorists but they want amnesty for murderers. And we begin to cry when foreign countries place a travel ban on us? Somebody can decide to join boko harambe today and kill thousands of people and when he is arrested, he'll claim he has repented and want rehabilitation and amnesty? It's becoming very glaring that the boko harambe nonsense is business for some evil northern politicians. You refuse to reshuffle your service chiefs and openly sympathise with terrorists. A normal president would have sent his service chiefs to the war front to face boko haram and see if it will not end under 2 months. Nigerians should never ever make the mistake of voting for an ab.oki as the president. They are all the same no matter how educated they are. They will always sympathise with terrorists simply because of their religion.
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by ShipChina2naija: 9:47am On Feb 21, 2020
TroubleMaker47:
The truth is, Amnesty either for ND militants or Boko haram should never have been!
There is absolutely no justification for forgiving criminals and paying them or catering for there welfare regardless of the cause they claim to be fighting for!
Late Umaru Yar Ardua set a bad precedent by granting amnesty to terrorists with the name MEND. Today BH are asking for the same.
Look at the English this man is writing ... Illogical people like you head Nigeria ,that's why we are retrogressing ... Boko haram aren't asking for amnesty ...your government are the ones proposing laws to protect boko haram please understand that aspect .. ND militants were fighting for a course not cause... Boko haram wants to create an Islamic nation out of Nigeria,ND militants were fighting government boko haram members are miaming and killing armless citizens.. Your comparism is very wrong sir.... If you want to take side with what's bad for ethnic reasons then do it and stop attaching unrelated facts....
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by udoka2013: 9:50am On Feb 21, 2020
TroubleMaker47:
Please oga wise up. Niger Delta militant fought for the development of their area which the federal gov. Neglected after milking them of their mineral resources. Now what are the Boko haram fighting for? Nothing but NO TO WESTERN EDUCATION! Wise up bro!

1 Like

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by somtookeke(m): 9:53am On Feb 21, 2020
Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists
https://speakersden2..com/2020/02/stakeholders-reject-amnesty-for.html

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Corrections: 9:55am On Feb 21, 2020
teemy:

I concur to your thoughts. The BH ranks has been swelled by kidnapped kids and such. They use the women as war brides and the younglings as more soldiers.

For the first time since this issue has been brought up, I am just reading that those planned for amnesty fall into that group.

If we adopt a mindset of 'kill them all', this war ain't ending soon. If there is a way of giving soft landings to non orients or kidnapped members of the group, cases of combatants dropping their weapons and reporting themselves to the next military post will abound. That then will give info for the layout of their bases and give the soldiers an better plan of attack.

If on the other hand they know they are on the death list, this will never happen as they be forced to fight till they drop dead. BH on the other hand will keep 'recritung' either by indoctrination or kidnapping like the attack on chibok which happened a few days ago.

The onus on the government now is

- how to prove to the public that these ones will no later return to being menaces

- give succor to the families of those who lost their lives (soldiers and civilians) that this is a right step to ensure the sacrifices of the dead would not be a waste as this step would end the war fast.

- show true determination in taking care of the displaced

- work on how radicalism would no more take hold of the hearts of youths in the north and effectively transition the almajiry system

- improve the economy in the north as a hood work place

- obey the rule of law (the death of Yusuf caused all this wahala)

Wisdom is needed here and the govt should not just feel people will readily accept the offer. People are hurt and the government already made a move that speaks insensitivity. They should have approached stakeholders with an explanation ahead of making such a move.

I hope the best is done to put all this into our history books VERY soon.

THIS IDEA IS WRONG!! VERY WRONG!!! IT WON'T BE PRODUCTIVE IT WOULD ONLY ENCOURAGE MORE TERROR GROUPS... WHY ARE THEY NOT GIVING AMNESTY TO REPENDANT ARMED ROBBERS, KIDNAPPERS AND THE REST? WHY DO WE HAVE LAWS AND SOLDIERS? WHERE IS D FUTURE AROUND THIS?
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by megareal: 9:56am On Feb 21, 2020
Meaning any discontented Northener can wake up, join Boko Haram, waste lives and one day claim repentance. After all, there is amnesty for terrorists.
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Sagay212: 9:57am On Feb 21, 2020
Facelesscabal:
I think on a serious note some of this guys are been forced and brain washed into this.. those guys over there are not educated (atall) no means of livelihood, no exposure to the outside world whatever, they lack everything basic its gonna be so easy to brain wash them. I would say if the government really mean it they should grant them given the once who werent found on battlefield or in gruesome act..they don’t deserve it but mehn it could have happened to anybody..i have stayed in the north abit and mehn those guys there need help,exposure and truth.. just my 2cents

You can be brainwashed only if you allow yourself to. How can somebody tell you to tie bomb on yourself just so you can go kill yourself and some so called non believers. How can you give someone guns to go about killing others while their leader is hiding somewhere safe. Why can't the so called brainwashed terrorist use the same bomb to kill his brainwasher? You promise me I will have 72 virgins if I bomb my self and others. Wmwhy don't you as my leader take the lead by bombing yourself or don't you want 72 virgins too?

There is nothing like amnesty for terrorists whether brainwashed or not. Once you are arrested you should be executed. You cannot kill thousands of people for years and then get amnesty claiming you were brainwashed and have repented. It's bulls.hit

2 Likes

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by kruzyempire(m): 9:57am On Feb 21, 2020
iamawara:
Nigeria Nigeria cheesy grin grin

They should come and colonize us again biko
i have said this before thing before
Nigeria either need to be recolonized or be split up let each region handle their affairs so we can know who’s really fooling who .

1 Like

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by EdiskyHarry: 10:02am On Feb 21, 2020
any army man that died while fighting Boko Haram in the north, is not a hero, but a very big fool, and anybody who cries or mourn for such a fool is also a fool. the northerners knows what they are doing. any day they want Boko Haram to end, it will surely end.
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by lonelydora: 10:02am On Feb 21, 2020
Very soon, North will implode.
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Sagay212: 10:03am On Feb 21, 2020
TroubleMaker47:

What nonsense are you yapping. Tell us what boko haram is fighting for? MEND fought for development and control of the oil being milked on their land. The useless govt was taking oil from ND and abandoned the communities. The MEND where not going about killing innocent people, they targeted and bombed pipelines and fought the soldiers who confronted them.

Tell us what boko haram is fighting for... that western education be banned? Does that make any sense to you? And if they want to fight western education they are supposed to kill and bomb innocent people? Boko haram terrorists do not deserve anything other than gruesome death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by djohnson(m): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2020
And we were told BOKO HARAM are not nigerian who is fooling who beautiful nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2020
ShipChina2naija:
Look at the English this man is writing ... Illogical people like you head Nigeria ,that's why we are retrogressing ... Boko haram aren't asking for amnesty ...your government are the ones proposing laws to protect boko haram please understand that aspect .. ND militants were fighting for a course not cause... Boko haram wants to create an Islamic nation out of Nigeria,ND militants were fighting government boko haram members are miaming and killing armless citizens.. Your comparism is very wrong sir.... If you want to take side with what's bad for ethnic reasons then do it and stop attaching unrelated facts....
Course bawo! cheesy Subject nko? grin
Mr lecturer don't teach me nonsense! angry
See who is correcting! cheesy
Oga just sit this 1 out and stick to your Alaba business!

Bye!
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Jidibia(m): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2020
udemzyudex:
Nigeria our country.
ur country not mine.

1 Like

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 21, 2020
wizzyrich:
Niger delta militants fought for a just reason to have been given amnesty, to what purpose is that of boko haram ? "Western education is a sin"

You don't give terrorists amnesty, you execute them !

A country where the first thing the leaders think about is how to favour the tribe they come from at the detriment of others will always end up like Nigeria.

Gone are the days of Nationalists like Azikwe and Awolowo. Those ones think about what favours the whole country before remembering their tribes. Obasanjo too tried in that area. It should be Nigeria first before, Yoruba, Ibo and Hausa.

I think it is high time we started to think about how to split in peace. Let each region be on their own so that we could make decisions that would favour us all. Nigeria is due for break up. And let us do it peacefully without war.

So annoying what those who call themselves lawmakers sit down to discuss at the floor of the house when there are other pressing issues that would be beneficial to all and sundry.

I give up on Nigeria already. Smh

1 Like

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by lozanni(m): 10:11am On Feb 21, 2020
The repentant Boko Haram members should be rehabilitated and de-radicalised in jail, not just pardoned because they are assumed to be low risk terrorists.
If they are in jail, it becomes easier to monitor and access their physical and mental well-being before they are released into the larger society.
I propose that different prisons should built for Boko Haram members, like the USA did at Guatanomo Bay for Islamic terrorists, to avoid their radicalization of other prisoners who are not Boko Haram members.

1 Like

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Codes151(m): 10:15am On Feb 21, 2020
wizzyrich:
Niger delta militants fought for a just reason to have been given amnesty, to what purpose is that of boko haram ? "Western education is a sin"

You don't give terrorists amnesty, you execute them !
did militant kill people? Except explosion of pipes n stuff.

Giving amnesty to murderers. Neck cutters

1 Like

Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by DexterousOne(m): 10:16am On Feb 21, 2020
wink2015:

It is wrong to equate Boko Haram insurgency to that of the Niger delta militant.

They are both far apart in terms of their identical roles and strategies.

How many people did the militant even killed. They were even fighting for self defence while they lay claim to their God given resources.

While NIGER DELTA STRUGGLE BY THEIR MILITANTS WAS A JUST CAUSE that of Boko Haram was a ruthless attack sponsored by a blind Islamic doctrine.

The Niger delta militant feel justified to be angry as the crude oil was in their land while the money was being spent to build Abuja and other states in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, ecological issues, oil pollution, gas flaring, poverty, misery and lack of infrastructure breeds in the creeks of oil producing community damaging their ecosystem and their agricultural land.

But Boko Haram who are they representing ?

What cause were they fighting for?

They said they do not believe in Western Education.

THE TRUTH IS THAT THE NORTHERNERS ALWAYS WANT TO GET EVERYTHING THAT COMES TO THE SOUTH.

They believe they will be cheated if they do not have access to amnesty money.

Amotekun was created by the south west.

The northern political leaders condemned the security body and still went ahead to set up SHEGE KA FASA to blackmail the south west.

NORTH IS ALWAYS COPY COPY !

THEY FEEL UNLESS THEY GET EXACTLY THE WEALTH THAT COMES TO THE SOUTH THEIR SPIRIT WILL NOT REST

Exactly
The North is not our problem

The northern POLITICAL CLASS is our problem
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Opeyemi4real(m): 10:18am On Feb 21, 2020
E no go b
lozanni:

The repentant Boko Haram members should be rehabilitated and de-radicalised in jail, not just pardoned because they are assumed to be low risk terrorists.
If they are in jail, it becomes easier to monitor and access their physical and mental well-being before they are released into the larger society.
I propose that different prisons should built for Boko Haram members, like the USA did at Guatanomo Bay for Islamic terrorists, to avoid their radicalization of other prisoners who are not Boko Haram members.
E no go beta for the conceivers, supporter, implementers, executers, Especially the intending ASSENTER and above all the Intending REPENTERS.
Re: Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 21, 2020
TroubleMaker47:

Course bawo! cheesy Subject nko? grin
Mr lecturer don't teach me nonsense! angry
See who is correcting! cheesy
Oga just sit this 1 out and stick to your Alaba business!

Bye!

He has just told you the truth. Sit down and reason instead of doing frapapa upon nothing.

You can not compare Niger Delta Militants to Boko haram. A sane person would not do that.

ND militants were fighting the Government for what they believe is their right. They were not killing and maiming innocent citizens like your brothers BK haram are doing.

Some of you guys on NL need serious Medical Checkups before things go out of hand with you.

Peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmed Announces Wedding / NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance / Kidnapped Sisters: Police Spokesperson Adejobi Under Fire Over Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.