Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please (2529 Views)

Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People / Imo State Election: Emeka Ihedioha Vs Hope Uzodinma Jubilation As Winners |Video / Sagay: This Is The Most Confused, Weakest INEC I Have Ever Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by NJPot(m): 7:53am On Feb 21, 2020
There is this thing that have been confusing me about the result sheets of 388 poling units that Hope Uzodmma claimed that was omitted. Is it normal for a contestant to be in possession of electoral materials. 1,2,3,4 up to 388 poling units by a contestant. I thought that electoral materials can only be in INEC's custody. Is it permicible for an individual to be in possession of electoral material that have been used for voting whether canceled or not?
Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by RealLordZeus(m): 8:00am On Feb 21, 2020
NJPot:
There is this thing that have been confusing me about the result sheets of 388 poling units that Hope Uzodmma claimed that was omitted. Is it normal for a contestant to be in possession of electoral materials. 1,2,3,4 up to 388 poling units by a contestant. I thought that electoral materials can only be in INEC's custody. Is it permicible for an individual to be in possession of electoral material that have been used for voting whether canceled or not?
Party agents have their own copy of electoral result

3 Likes

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by NJPot(m): 8:07am On Feb 21, 2020
RealLordZeus:

Party agents have their own copy of electoral result

Ok. That means all the 70 political parties should also have the said 388 poling units results. Where are theirs? Only Hope Uzodmma has it.
I am more confused now.
Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by tricksters: 8:19am On Feb 21, 2020
You are not confused.
You are just foolish like many PDP supporters.
The over 70 political parties from the 388 unit had representatives that Hope called to testify before the law court after affirming their signature on the result sheet. This is one of the reason the court accepted the result but your foolishness will not let you see that in all the articles carried by several n different news outlet about the ruling.

NJPot:

Ok. That means all the 70 political parties should also have the said 388 poling units results. Where are theirs? Only Hope Uzodmma has it.
I am more confused now.

5 Likes

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by obiekunie2: 8:31am On Feb 21, 2020
tricksters:
[s]You are not confused.
The over 70 political parties from the 388 unit had representatives that Hope called to testify before the law court after affirming their signature on the result sheet. This is one of the reason the court accepted the result but your foolishness will not let you see that in all the articles carried by several n different news outlet about the ruling[/s].

3 Likes

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by muykem: 10:16am On Feb 21, 2020
NJPot:

I am more confused now.
This is where the big blow came from. PDP and INEC can't produce any results from the said 388 polling units till today. I am not supporting minority to be ruling over majority in whatever disguise of technicalities. I will prefer new election in Zamfara, Imo and Bayelsa.

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by NJPot(m): 11:10am On Feb 21, 2020
muykem:
This is where the big blow came from. PDP and INEC can't produce any results from the said 388 polling units till today. I am not supporting minority to be ruling over majority in whatever disguise of technicalities. I will prefer new election in Zamfara, Imo and Bayelsa.

If Inec, PDP, AA, APGA and all other political parties don't have a copy of the said result from the 388 poling units, won't anyone with common sense know that, the results Hope Uzodimma presented were forged by himself.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by NJPot(m): 11:12am On Feb 21, 2020
tricksters:
You are not confused.
The over 70 political parties from the 388 unit had representatives that Hope called to testify before the law court after affirming their signature on the result sheet. This is one of the reason the court accepted the result but your foolishness will not let you see that in all the articles carried by several n different news outlet about the ruling.

You are the compound fool here. If all the 70 political parties present similar result sheets as Hope presented, Ihedioha would not seek for review. Was it only Hope that should be in possession of 388 poling units. Every other party should present their copies of the so called result sheets if election took place there.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by muykem: 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
NJPot:

If Inec, PDP, AA, APGA and all other political parties don't have a copy of the said result from the 388 poling units, won't anyone with common sense know that, the results Hope Uzodimma presented were forged by himself.
No brother. That's is original results in the sight of law as there's no other to counter it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by Lovelive: 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2020
NJPot:

I am more confused now.

Your confusion affected many of us here too.

And in tricksters' voice, we all are all foolish. Lol

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by NJPot(m): 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2020
muykem:
No brother. That's is original results in the sight of law as there's no other to counter it.

Then how did it end in the hands of a contestant.(Uzodmma). Is it not supposed to be a crime for an individual to be in possession of electoral materials. That means Uzodmma should be questioned on how the electoral materials ended in his hands. The only way such materials can end up in the hands of an individual is by ballot snatching or theft. This should be a serious criminal act that is capable of sending both Uzodmma and some Inec officials to jail. But instead, it made Uzodimma a governor.

Why I am worried is that if this is not investigated and if the people involved in this crime are not jailed, it would become a norm. That means if I am contesting for an elective post in Nigeria, once I present original copies of Inec electoral materials filled by me in the bush or by my thugs, I would be declared a winner and nobody would question me how the materials ended in my possession. This is lovely. Election made easy.

6 Likes

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by overall90: 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
NJPot:

Then how did it end in the hands of a contestant.(Uzodmma). Is it not supposed to be a crime for an individual to be in possession of electoral materials. That means Uzodmma should be questioned on how the electoral materials ended in his hands. The only way such materials can end up in the hands of an individual is by ballot snatching or theft. This should be a serious criminal act that is capable of sending both Uzodmma and some Inec officials to jail. But instead, it made Uzodimma a governor.

Why I am worried is that if this is not investigated and if the people involved in this crime are not jailed, it would become a norm. That means if I am contesting for an elective post in Nigeria, once I present original copies of Inec electoral materials filled by me in the bush or by my thugs, I would be declared a winner and nobody would question me how the materials ended in my possession. This is lovely. Election made easy.

your questions and submissions are sensible enough,however its INEC that is responsible for this mess because, if in fact election did not hold in those areas as a result of violence and other irregularities,the right thing to do is to order for a re-run which they failed to do but instead declared Ihedioha the winner.if check very well INEC has not been too forthcoming in defending this whole process because they know they messed up.

4 Likes

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by RealLordZeus(m): 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2020
overall90:

your questions and submissions are sensible enough,however its INEC that is responsible for this mess because, if in fact election did not hold in those areas as a result of violence and other irregularities,the right thing to do is to order for a re-run which they felt to do but instead declared Ihedioha the winner.if check very well INEC has not been too forthcoming in defending this whole process because they know they messed up.
Like I said earlier, every contesting political party have their agents present in evey polling unit. At the end of the voting and counting period, the INEC agent declare all casted votes for each party and these are signed by every agents present, these parties agents also have a kind of sheet given to them by their respective party, where they recorded the result.

What Uzodinma presented was not the electoral score sheet which is illegal to be found with an individual but his party record of the results.

PDP and other political parties were supposed to bring their own records to counteract those presented by Hope.

5 Likes

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by NJPot(m): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
RealLordZeus:

Like I said earlier, every contesting political party have their agents present in evey polling unit. At the end of the voting and counting period, the INEC agent declare all casted votes for each party and these are signed by every agents present, these parties agents also have a kind of sheet given to them by their respective party, where they recorded the result.

What Uzodinma presented was not the electoral score sheet which is illegal to be found with an individual but his party record of the results.

PDP and other political parties were supposed to bring their own records to counteract those presented by Hope.

If INEC, Ihedioha PDP, Uche Nwosu AA, Ararume APGA and all other political parties don't have
records of the said result from the 388 poling units, won't anyone with common sense know that, the results Hope Uzodimma presented were forged by himself. Can INEC, PDP and other political parties provide records that don't exist?

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by WATCHOVER(m): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
F run uni run TV uni TV ex TV in TV in on pm Dublin
Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by RealLordZeus(m): 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
NJPot:

If INEC, Ihedioha PDP, Uche Nwosu AA, Ararume APGA and all other political parties don't have
records of the said result from the 388 poling units, won't anyone with common sense know that, the results Hope Uzodimma presented were forged by himself. Can INEC, PDP and other political parties provide records that don't exist?
I've tried a lot to justify things to you!
Let me be clear about one thing, Did you vote in recent elections or are you a minor? Apologies if it sounds offensive but you seem to be ignorant about some things.
Other political parties were called in to testify to the originality of the result of which they did!

PDP also had agents at the 388 polling booths who were also present during the collation,
There are two sides to a story, Hope and APC presented their own side and supported by testimonies of witnesses, PDP and Ihedioha supposed to bring out their own records too to showed that the results presented by APC were forged and they should also provide their witness to testify to that.
They choose not to pursue that angle because they know what you don't.
Although I'm also surprised by the abracadabra Supreme court pulled and I expected PDP and Ihedioha to challenge the verdict but the way u put it is wrong.
Why did INEC cancel those polling unit in the first place, can't provide pursue that end and justify its worth cancelling, the re are lot of holes in that judgement but the one you are talking about is just not it
Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by poiZon: 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2020
RealLordZeus:

Let me be clear about one thing, Did you vote in recent elections or are you a minor? Apologies if it sounds offensive but you seem to be ignorant about some things.
Other political parties were called in to testify to the originality of the result of which they did!

PDP also had agents at the 388 polling booths who were also present during the collation,
There are two sides to a story, Hope and APC presented their own side and supported by testimonies of witnesses, PDP and Ihedioha supposed to bring out their own records too to showed that the results presented by APC were forged and they should also provide their witness to testify to that.
Although I'm also surprised by the abracadabra Supreme court pulled and I expected PDP and Ihedioha to challenge the verdict but the way u put it is wrong.
Why did INEC cancel those polling unit in the first place, can't provide pursue that end and justify its worth cancelling, the re are lot of holes in that judgement but the one you are talking about is just not it
Hope presented only 26 agents from the 388 polling units.
All the agents he produced that testified said they were at the collation centre n not polling unit.
If u check the entire result sheets produced, it is only two parties that results r recorded for, apc n pdp.
With this a sensible person would hv known this was cookedin favour of one person which is hope uzodima.
Tribunal threw his case out, likewise appeal.
Onlysupreme did the unthinkable.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by poiZon: 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2020
RealLordZeus:

A true result sheet will record total number of voters in a particular unit, total no. Of accredited voters, no. Of void votes, no. Of parties n scores each party has.
In hope uzodinma's result sheet, it has only 2 parties that partook in the election.
Apc n Pdp.
In that election every body knew election ws between pdp n AA. To some extent apga.
Apc had no chance whtsoever in tht election.

4 Likes

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by NJPot(m): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
RealLordZeus:

Those political parties that testified the originality of Hope Uzodimma's forged documents did not present their own copies. Only Hope has those documents. What is testimony without paper evidence. That means I can pay some people to testify that you are a thief and you would be sent to prison without investigation.
Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by RealLordZeus(m): 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
NJPot:

Those political parties that testified the originality of Hope Uzodimma's forged documents did not present their own copies. Only Hope has those documents. What is testimony without paper evidence. That means I can pay some people to testify that you are a thief and you would be sent to prison without investigation.
Exactly, witness testimonies are admissible in court of law, but you are still missing the point, where is PDP own record, hey can't claim there is no result, because the election does happen at cancelled polling units,
Cancellation is after voting, and not before or during, and if such every present party agent will have the data. Where is PDP data? Let them show that APC forged their own result
Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by NJPot(m): 10:20pm On Feb 21, 2020
RealLordZeus:

Exactly, witness testimonies are admissible in court of law, but you are still missing the point, where is PDP own record, hey can't claim there is no result, because the election does happen at cancelled polling units,
Cancellation is after voting, and not before or during, and if such every present party agent will have the data. Where is PDP data? Let them show that APC forged their own result

At least let AA and APGA bring their own copies since they are supporting APC.
Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by chukel(m): 11:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
So much ignorance here. Everybody who commented above is just basking in ignorance. There are forms EC8a, EC8b, EC8c and EC8d. From the polling units, votes are entered into result sheet called form EC8a. This sheet is taken to the ward collating centre and entered with other polling unit results into form EC8b. EC8b from various wards are taken to LGA collating centre and entered into form EC8c. Then EC8c from various LGAs are used to compute results at state collating office by the REC into form EC8d. For each of these stages, police has a copy. In hope uzodimma's case, results from 388 polling units were entered into their various forms EC8a. But on getting to the ward collating centres, for reasons best known to the collating officers, refused entering those results into form EC8b. That is the basis of this exclusion of result case. Hope uzodinmma retrieved the 388 EC8a forms from the police. The police presented them in court. That should be clear to any unbiased mind.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by chukel(m): 11:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
NJPot:

At least let AA and APGA bring their own copies since they are supporting APC.
parties don't have original. Can only have photocopies. There are 3 original copies. One is pasted at the polling unit. Another (inec's copy) is taken to the ward for collation. The third is given to the police

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by walexbiz(m): 3:47am On Feb 22, 2020
overall90:

your questions and submissions are sensible enough,however its INEC that is responsible for this mess because, if in fact election did not hold in those areas as a result of violence and other irregularities,the right thing to do is to order for a re-run which they failed to do but instead declared Ihedioha the winner.if check very well INEC has not been too forthcoming in defending this whole process because they know they messed up.

Let separate fact from fiction, if you have ever witnessed the conclusion of an election at the polling unit you would know that each party are usually issued photocopies of the election result which is admissible in the court of law. So the question of where the result emanated from is not an issue but where the confusion arose from is this with regards to the judgement;

(1) the tribunal and court of appeal actually declared iledioha the winners because witnesses were called and judges listened to their statement during cross examination and they decide after going through the submission of the party involved in the litigation and witnessing the cross examination of the witnesses, based in their assessment they declared iledioha the governor.

(2) the supreme court only read the application of the litigants and the ruling of the courts and the same day they gave judgements

(3) the supreme court in its wisdom decides to vacate the ruling of the tribunal which the court of appeal had affirmed thus putting a question of credibility on the appeal court and the tribunal ruling.

(4) if the supreme had done due diligence it would have either asked Inec to either provide the election result of those over 300 polling unit and cross check it against that of APC.

(5) if it didn't go along that route it could have asked inec to conduct a new election or conduct an election in those affected areas affected but it chose otherwise and affirm the prayers of Hope which leads to the moral question of the day.

(6) the moral question of the day is the supreme court legalizing rigging? Since it added those result from the cancelled polling unit to that of hope, it increased the total number of voters thereby surpassing the total number of accredited voters.

(7) The PDP has asked for a review of the election so it behoves on the supreme court to either reverse itself so as to correct the anomaly or explain to Nigerians especially imolite how it's possible for the number of voters to exceed the total number accredited voters.

(cool if the supreme court should reverse itself it'll put a lot of issues on credibility on the supreme court and being that most Nigerians politicians are reckless they would always seek review of any supreme court rulings. Also should the supreme court stand by its rulings then it would have giving credence to fraud.

(9) in any case the supreme court is between the devil and the deep blue sea as it has shown that the supreme court is really fallible to its own judgement. Anyway this are my own thought but I'll like to see how the supreme court manuover itself out of this quagmire.

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by NJPot(m): 4:41am On Feb 22, 2020
chukel:
So much ignorance here. Everybody who commented above is just basking in ignorance. There are forms EC8a, EC8b, EC8c and EC8d. From the polling units, votes are entered into result sheet called form EC8a. This sheet is taken to the ward collating centre and entered with other polling unit results into form EC8b. EC8b from various wards are taken to LGA collating centre and entered into form EC8c. Then EC8c from various LGAs are used to compute results at state collating office by the REC into form EC8d. For each of these stages, police has a copy. In hope uzodimma's case, results from 388 polling units were entered into their various forms EC8a. But on getting to the ward collating centres, for reasons best known to the collating officers, refused entering those results into form EC8b. That is the basis of this exclusion of result case. Hope uzodinmma retrieved the 388 EC8a forms from the police. The police presented them in court. That should be clear to any unbiased mind.

This is more clear now. Thanks for your clarifications.
walexbiz:

Let separate fact from fiction, if you have ever witnessed the conclusion of an election at the polling unit you would know that each party are usually issued photocopies of the election result which is admissible in the court of law. So the question of where the result emanated from is not an issue but where the confusion arose from is this with regards to the judgement;

(1) the tribunal and court of appeal actually declared iledioha the winners because witnesses were called and judges listened to their statement during cross examination and they decide after going through the submission of the party involved in the litigation and witnessing the cross examination of the witnesses, based in their assessment they declared iledioha the governor.

(2) the supreme court only read the application of the litigants and the ruling of the courts and the same day they gave judgements

(3) the supreme court in its wisdom decides to vacate the ruling of the tribunal which the court of appeal had affirmed thus putting a question of credibility on the appeal court and the tribunal ruling.

(4) if the supreme had done due diligence it would have either asked Inec to either provide the election result of those over 300 polling unit and cross check it against that of APC.

(5) if it didn't go along that route it could have asked inec to conduct a new election or conduct an election in those affected areas affected but it chose otherwise and affirm the prayers of Hope which leads to the moral question of the day.

(6) the moral question of the day is the supreme court legalizing rigging? Since it added those result from the cancelled polling unit to that of hope, it increased the total number of voters thereby surpassing the total number of accredited voters.

(7) The PDP has asked for a review of the election so it behoves on the supreme court to either reverse itself so as to correct the anomaly or explain to Nigerians especially imolite how it's possible for the number of voters to exceed the total number accredited voters.

(cool if the supreme court should reverse itself it'll put a lot of issues on credibility on the supreme court and being that most Nigerians politicians are reckless they would always seek review of any supreme court rulings. Also should the supreme court stand by its rulings then it would have giving credence to fraud.

(9) in any case the supreme court is between the devil and the deep blue sea as it has shown that the supreme court is really fallible to its own judgement. Anyway this are my own thought but I'll like to see how the supreme court manuover itself out of this quagmire.

Supreme court made a grave mistake which if not corrected would lead to massive riggings in the future. I hope Supreme court would maintain this style of Judgement and not change when it is done by PDP.
Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by CanadaOrBust: 6:15am On Feb 22, 2020
Some of u folks are either ignorant or being intentionally deceptive.
You forget there are people who are paid to dig up and analyze this stuff. The following is from the actual summary of trial materials as presented in a major reputable newspaper. It answers all your questions.
Pay special attention to the bolded.
———————————————-

That Supreme Court Magic Judgment
This Day (Lagos) 17 FEBRUARY 2020

... According to summary of trial materials, no ward collation agent was called to show that at the collation center results were brought from the 388 polling units where the alleged exclusion took place...

The petitioner, rather called 28 polling unit agents who came to identify some of the results tendered by the petitioner from the bar. All the electoral documents were tendered from the bar and thus dumped on the court without anybody giving evidence correlating the contents of the result forms with the tabulation done by the petitioner himself.

Each of the 18 polling unit agents under cross-examination, manifested ignorance of the contents of the documents and never convinced anybody of being present in their claimed polling units...

Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had in their reply to the petition disowned those result sheets and averred emphatically that NO RESULTS WERE GENERATED from those polling units as elections in those polling units were cancelled by presiding officers as a result of violence, over voting, snatching of electoral materials, etc. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) stated that any result from those polling units presented by any of the candidates, in this case, the petitioners, must be fake.

When confronted with the purported result sheets tendered by the petitioners, each of the witnesses admitted as follows:
i. The names and signatures of the Presiding Officers are not well found on those results.
ii. The names and signatures of other party agents did not appear on the result sheets, neither could they mention even one party agent of the other political parties in those booths.
iii. The result sheets do not contain the total number of ballot papers used and number of ballot papers unused or invalid. The scores of political parties are not clear on the face of the documents.

Based on the above, it appears the Supreme Court was desperately working to an answer in favour of the ruling party... and the only opening to do that was to accept the fictitious results of the 388 polling units willy-nilly. And instead of doing substantial justice on the matter, it ended up delivering one of judiciary's greatest infamies which even a kid learning arithmetic can see through. The judgment turned logic on its head, rewrote the basic universal laws of arithmetic and did grave and substantial injury to our democracy and the power of the people to choose who governs them. With this judicial precedent, the Supreme Court has inevitably rubber-stamped political rascality and the judgment could shape our democratic future.

The court has widened the opening which politicians exploit and manipulate to get into elective offices. All one needs to do is to stay somewhere, maybe in one's room, probably with one policeman or so, write one's own results, submit to INEC for counting and if it refuses, don't worry, bid your time till you get to the court. With supreme arrogance, the final court of appeal will recognise the results as legitimate, credible and authentic and pronto, you will be declared duly elected.

...Even more perplexing was the fact that in some of the polling units, voter turnout was more than the registered voters. How is this possible?
In Uzodinma's result sheets, there was no voided vote and only two parties, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and APC participated and were reflected in the election results of the 388 polling units. Yet, 70 political parties participated in that election and were all reflected in the INEC declared results of other polling units all over the state.
..,Does it mean that other parties such as All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Action Alliance (AA), etc., did not participate in the election in those 388 polling units contrary to INEC's results in other areas of the state?
Why did the result sheets reflect only two parties when so many parties participated in the said election? Apparently, Senator Uzodinma concocted those results that fly in the face of the basic laws of arithmetic and common sense between the PDP and the APC after the fact that the PDP had won the election and he only scored his party a vote figure higher than the PDP vote. The corollary to that is that if it was any other party that was on the cusp of victory, Uzodinma's results would have been between just the APC and that party! Yet our almighty Supreme Court glossed over all these fundamental anomalies in Uzodinma's result sheets which had been rejected by even INEC... and accepted same as authentic.
A further assessment of the result sheets of the disputed 388 polling units showed that the said units are all in the Orlu Senatorial Zone where Uzodinma and the candidate of the Action Alliance Ugwumba Uche Nwosu come from. So even if the 388 polling units were concentrated mostly in Uzodinma's ancestral home, surely, Nwosu who emerged second in the March 9, 2019 election in Imo State and was backed by the incumbent governor at the time, Rochas Okorocha, his father in-law, must have amassed some votes from the units. But these votes were curiously missing, for the simple reason that they forged the results, and very badly at that.
Furthermore, Uzodinma of the APC scored an average of 98% of the total votes cast in the 388 units, whereas he scored an average of 13% in the remaining polling units in the state. How could this be? Why was it that it was only in these 388 units throughout the state that the voter turnout was either more than the registered voters or achieved 98 to 100 percent of the registered voters? Please note that emphasis is NOT on the number of accredited voters which is usually far less than the number of registered voters. Uzodinma's fake results validated by our Supreme Court defy reason. The pattern of the results from the disputed 388 polling units clearly shows the improbability of such an occurrence. And on the basis of the testimony of one policeman, and 28 discredited polling units' agents who gave contradictory statements at trial, the Supreme Court accepted the results.

In declaring Uzodinma governor of Imo State, the Supreme Court simply annulled a valid mandate freely given to an individual and transferred it to another person who came fourth in the election.
walexbiz, chukel, WATCHOVER, overall90, Lovelive, muykem, obiekunie2, tricksters, RealLordZeus, NJPot

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by jlinkd78(m): 6:56am On Feb 22, 2020
Great
CanadaOrBust:
Some of u folks are either ignorant or being intentionally deceptive.
You forget there are people who are paid to dig up and analyze this stuff. The following is from the actual summary of trial materials as presented in a major reputable newspaper. It answers all your questions.
Pay special attention to the bolded.
———————————————-

That Supreme Court Magic Judgment
This Day (Lagos) 17 FEBRUARY 2020

... According to summary of trial materials, no ward collation agent was called to show that at the collation center results were brought from the 388 polling units where the alleged exclusion took place...

The petitioner, rather called 28 polling unit agents who came to identify some of the results tendered by the petitioner from the bar. All the electoral documents were tendered from the bar and thus dumped on the court without anybody giving evidence correlating the contents of the result Forms with the tabulation done by the petitioner himself.

Each of the 18 polling unit agents under cross-examination, manifested ignorance of the contents of the documents and never convinced anybody of being present in their claimed polling units...

Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had in their reply to the petition disowned those result sheets and averred emphatically that NO RESULTS WERE GENERATED from those polling units as elections in those polling units were cancelled by presiding officers as a result of violence, over voting, snatching of electoral materials, etc. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) stated that any result from those polling units presented by any of the candidates, in this case, the petitioners, must be fake.

When confronted with the purported result sheets tendered by the petitioners, each of the witnesses admitted as follows:
i. The names and signatures of the Presiding Officers are not well found on those results.
ii. The names and signatures of other party agents did not appear on the result sheets, neither could they mention even one party agent of the other political parties in those booths.
iii. The result sheets do not contain the total number of ballot papers used and number of ballot papers unused or invalid. The scores of political parties are not clear on the face of the documents.

Based on the above, it appears the Supreme Court was desperately working to an answer in favour of the ruling party... and the only opening to do that was to accept the fictitious results of the 388 polling units willy-nilly. And instead of doing substantial justice on the matter, it ended up delivering one of judiciary's greatest infamies which even a kid learning arithmetic can see through. The judgment turned logic on its head, rewrote the basic universal laws of arithmetic and did grave and substantial injury to our democracy and the power of the people to choose who governs them. With this judicial precedent, the Supreme Court has inevitably rubber-stamped political rascality and the judgment could shape our democratic future.

The court has widened the opening which politicians exploit and manipulate to get into elective offices. All one needs to do is to stay somewhere, maybe in one's room, probably with one policeman or so, write one's own results, submit to INEC for counting and if it refuses, don't worry, bid your time till you get to the court. With supreme arrogance, the final court of appeal will recognise the results as legitimate, credible and authentic and pronto, you will be declared duly elected.

...Even more perplexing was the fact that in some of the polling units, voter turnout was more than the registered voters. How is this possible?
In Uzodinma's result sheets, there was no voided vote and only two parties, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and APC participated and were reflected in the election results of the 388 polling units. Yet, 70 political parties participated in that election and were all reflected in the INEC declared results of other polling units all over the state.
..,Does it mean that other parties such as All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Action Alliance (AA), etc., did not participate in the election in those 388 polling units contrary to INEC's results in other areas of the state?
Why did the result sheets reflect only two parties when so many parties participated in the said election? Apparently, Senator Uzodinma concocted those results that fly in the face of the basic laws of arithmetic and common sense between the PDP and the APC after the fact that the PDP had won the election and he only scored his party a vote figure higher than the PDP vote. The corollary to that is that if it was any other party that was on the cusp of victory, Uzodinma's results would have been between just the APC and that party! Yet our almighty Supreme Court glossed over all these fundamental anomalies in Uzodinma's result sheets which had been rejected by even INEC... and accepted same as authentic.
A further assessment of the result sheets of the disputed 388 polling units showed that the said units are all in the Orlu Senatorial Zone where Uzodinma and the candidate of the Action Alliance Ugwumba Uche Nwosu come from. So even if the 388 polling units were concentrated mostly in Uzodinma's ancestral home, surely, Nwosu who emerged second in the March 9, 2019 election in Imo State and was backed by the incumbent governor at the time, Rochas Okorocha, his father in-law, must have amassed some votes from the units. But these votes were curiously missing, for the simple reason that they forged the results, and very badly at that.
Furthermore, Uzodinma of the APC scored an average of 98% of the total votes cast in the 388 units, whereas he scored an average of 13% in the remaining polling units in the state. How could this be? Why was it that it was only in these 388 units throughout the state that the voter turnout was either more than the registered voters or achieved 98 to 100 percent of the registered voters? Please note that emphasis is NOT on the number of accredited voters which is usually far less than the number of registered voters. Uzodinma's fake results validated by our Supreme Court defy reason. The pattern of the results from the disputed 388 polling units clearly shows the improbability of such an occurrence. And on the basis of the testimony of one policeman, and 28 discredited polling units' agents who gave contradictory statements at trial, the Supreme Court accepted the results.

In declaring Uzodinma governor of Imo State, the Supreme Court simply annulled a valid mandate freely given to an individual and transferred it to another person who came fourth in the election.
walexbiz, chukel, WATCHOVER, overall90, Lovelive, muykem, obiekunie2, tricksters, RealLordZeus, NJPot
Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by Staro: 7:03am On Feb 22, 2020
tricksters:
You are not confused.
[b]The over 70 political parties from the 388 unit had representatives that Hope called to testify before the law court after affirming their signature on the result sheet. [/b]This is one of the reason the court accepted the result but your foolishness will not let you see that in all the articles carried by several n different news outlet about the ruling.

Why is it so easy for you ZOMBIES to lie and lie shamelessly?
Tufiakwa .... Spit on post .... waka pass

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by chukel(m): 11:31am On Feb 22, 2020
NJPot:

This is more clear now. Thanks for your clarifications.

Supreme court made a grave mistake which if not corrected would lead to massive riggings in the future. I hope Supreme court would maintain this style of Judgement and not change when it is done by PDP.
supreme court made no mistake. You guys just listen to propaganda. Read through the proceedings of the tribunal and the judgement. The tribunal refused to admit forms EC8A from the 388 polling units as evidence. So they were never tendered in the tribunal. The very first time they were tendered was in the supreme court. This was the reason uzodinmma asked the supreme court to admit the evidence and declare him winner. At the appeal court, the appeal was determined based on technicalities and struck out. I strongly believe ihedioha bribed tribunal judges. But that was his nemesis. If they had admitted the 388 form EC8a evidence at tribunal, there would have been opportunity to thrash out all the issues they are raising now about accredited voters, voter turn and other irregularities. Bringing it up now is pure relitigation. Look at Agabi's appeal, he never spelt out these things cos he knew being direct will lead to striking out the appeal on grounds of relitigation. So he went emotional and sentimental.
Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by chukel(m): 11:47am On Feb 22, 2020
walexbiz:

bro, you are still stating fiction here. Uzodimma's evidence was never admitted at the tribunal cos the tribunal judges rejected it. How can you reject evidence of a petitioner without even looking at it. That was very wrong. At the appeal, appeal court struck out the case based on technicality without considering the merits of the case. Bother erred at different levels. Go and thoroughly read through the proceedings of both courts. Remove sentiments, supreme court was right. Uzodimma may have cooked up results, the case before the supreme court never bothered on the authenticity of the result. Even so, the results provided were on original EC8a from inec. The ones they presented were police copies which are admissible in court. We should leave out sentiments and look at this case objectively. Those saying total number of votes at the end of the day superseded the number of accredited voters are either daft or have the intention of deceiving the public. They added the number of those who voted APC in the 388 polling units to the overall votes and refused to add the number of accredited voters from these 388 polling units to the already known number of accredited voters prior to the 388 polling unit results. If about 256,000 voters voted apc in those polling units, they must have been accredited. So that number should also be added to the already existing number of accredited voters. Remember other parties also had small votes in the contentious 388 polling units. Means those voters were accredited too. Add the number also. This will tell you the lies people are peddling. They are intentionally peddling lies. Others are too daft to understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by NJPot(m): 1:17pm On Feb 22, 2020
chukel:
supreme court made no mistake. You guys just listen to propaganda. Read through the proceedings of the tribunal and the judgement. The tribunal refused to admit forms EC8A from the 388 polling units as evidence. So they were never tendered in the tribunal. The very first time they were tendered was in the supreme court. This was the reason uzodinmma asked the supreme court to admit the evidence and declare him winner. At the appeal court, the appeal was determined based on technicalities and struck out. I strongly believe ihedioha bribed tribunal judges. But that was his nemesis. If they had admitted the 388 form EC8a evidence at tribunal, there would have been opportunity to thrash out all the issues they are raising now about accredited voters, voter turn and other irregularities. Bringing it up now is pure relitigation. Look at Agabi's appeal, he never spelt out these things cos he knew being direct will lead to striking out the appeal on grounds of relitigation. So he went emotional and sentimental.

I don't know who to believe again. It looks like APC and PDP have different stories about the Supreme Court case.
Re: Ihedioha VS Hope VS INEC: I Need Explanation From Political Gurus Please by chukel(m): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2020
NJPot:

I don't know who to believe again. It looks like APC and PDP have different stories about the Supreme Court case.
not asking you to believe anybody. Just go through the tribunal, appeal court and supreme court proceedings. You will be better informed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fani Kayode Reacted To The News Of Corona Virus Out Break In Lagos #coronavirusu / China To Take Over Zambian International Airport For Debt Repayment Default / Ajegunle,Lagos: The City That Produced Many Notable Stars Lies In Ruin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.