Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Official NPL Monthly Award Thread (thread For Outstanding Players/refs/coaches) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official NPL Monthly Award Thread (thread For Outstanding Players/refs/coaches) (1576 Views)

Two Refs Slump, Die During Cooper Test / Crooked Nba Refs / Are Refs Against Arsenal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official NPL Monthly Award Thread (thread For Outstanding Players/refs/coaches) by honeric01(m): 12:02am On Dec 17, 2010
Hello my fellow NPL fans, this thread is dedicated to the new monthly award introduced by the new board of the NPL (Davidson Owunmi) and it's going to cover the nominations for players of the week, team of the week, coach of the week and ref of the week towards the monthly award for these set of people,

If you have any news related to these above reasons, please always post them here.

Thanks cool cool
Re: Official NPL Monthly Award Thread (thread For Outstanding Players/refs/coaches) by honeric01(m): 12:04am On Dec 17, 2010
[size=18pt]Nigeria Premier League high fliers Sunshine Stars set awards pace[/size]
League high fliers set awards pace

Posted: 2010-12-16 20:55

League high fliers Sunshine Stars, Warri Wolves and Dolphins inevitably provide all but one of the nominees for the NPL's first monthly awards.

Heartland's Osas Okoro is the only player outside of the top three to break into the elite ranks.

Up for the top prize of Player of the Month are league top scorer Akombo Ukeyima, Warri Wolves forward Ehiosu Ekigho, and Heartland midfielder Osas Okoro.

Dolphins' Rotimi Sunday goes up against Wolves' Chigozie Agbim and Sunshine Stars Henry Ayodele for Goalkeeper of the Month.

And it is the same three clubs who supply the contenders for Coach of the Month, with Paul Aigbogun, Stanley Eguma and Gbenga Ogunbote all up for acclaim.

Winners will be announced by the NPL Media Committee on Monday.

All the nominees:

Player of the Month
Ukeyinma Akonmbo (Sunshine Stars)
Osas Okoro (Heartland)
Ekigho Ehiosun (Warri Wolves)

Goalkeeper of the Month
Chigozie Agbim (Warri Wolves)
Rotimi Sunday (Dolphins)
Henry Ayodele (Sunshine Stars)

Manager of the Month
Paul Aigbogun (Wolves)
Stanley Eguma (Dolphins)
Gbenga Ogunbote (Sunshine Stars)

Media Awards
- Television
Channels
LTV 8

-Radio
Arafat Aliu (Football Fever, Kiss FM)
Raymond Akparhuere (Sportsville, Metro FM) China Acheru (Cool fm)

- Print
Soccer Star (Emma Jemegah)
Sab Osuji (Complete Sports)
Razak Oborien (Sporting Life)

- Photographer
Segun Ogunfeyitimi (SportsDay)
Ganiyu Yusuf (Complete Sports)
Abubakar Kabiru (4-4-2)

http://www.kickoff.com/news/19315/nigeria-premier-league-high-fliers-sunshine-stars-set-awards-pace.php
Re: Official NPL Monthly Award Thread (thread For Outstanding Players/refs/coaches) by medjai(m): 9:24am On Dec 17, 2010
I'm just surprised that Alphonsus Dike of Rangers isn't in the running for Manger of the Month considering the big wins Rangers have notched up
Re: Official NPL Monthly Award Thread (thread For Outstanding Players/refs/coaches) by honeric01(m): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2010
Well i think it has to do with how many weekly nominations you get.
Re: Official NPL Monthly Award Thread (thread For Outstanding Players/refs/coaches) by medjai(m): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2010
He got one coach of the week, in week 5, I think.
Anyway I'm tipping Paul Aigbogun of Wolves to win the Manger of the Month. I think he's done very well considering that this is first time of coaching in the NPL. He was formerly based in the UK. Wolves have lost just once this season
Re: Official NPL Monthly Award Thread (thread For Outstanding Players/refs/coaches) by honeric01(m): 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2010
medjai:

He got one coach of the week, in week 5, I think.
Anyway I'm tipping Paul Aigbogun of Wolves to win the Manger of the Month. I think he's done very well considering that this is first time of coaching in the NPL. He was formerly based in the UK. Wolves have lost just once this season

Just once? well i tip Stanley Eguma

as for the players, hmmm, i tip Ukeyinma Akonmbo

Goalkeeper should be Rotimi Sunday

TV station is no other than LTV 8
Re: Official NPL Monthly Award Thread (thread For Outstanding Players/refs/coaches) by medjai(m): 11:55am On Dec 22, 2010
The winners:
Manager of the Month: Gbenga Ogunbote - Sunshine Stars

Player of the Month: Ukeyinma Akonmbo - Sunshine Stars

Goalkeeper of the Month: Chigozie Agbim - Warri Wolves
Re: Official NPL Monthly Award Thread (thread For Outstanding Players/refs/coaches) by honeric01(m): 1:24am On Dec 24, 2010
Sport TV of the month : Channels TV
Re: Official NPL Monthly Award Thread (thread For Outstanding Players/refs/coaches) by honeric01(m): 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2011
Bukola Babes dominate team of the week

Posted: 2011-01-25 06:51

Greenhorns in the Nigeria Premier League (NPL), Bukola Babes, made a bold statement by grabbing four positions in the playing personnel of the Team of the Week (TofW) and the coaching role as well.

Bukola Babes' head coach, Festus Allen, returned as coach of the week for the second consecutive week following his side's 2 – 0 win on the road to struggling Crown Football Club in Ilaro on Sunday.

Two players from the Premier League newcomers, Seun Sogbesan and Effiom Otu-Bassey, were also named in the team for the second week running.

The Ilorin club also provided the right-back in Promise James while Abdulrahman Bashir claimed one of the three striking positions in a 4-3-3 formation for the team of the week.

Goalkeeper of Sharks, Okiemute Odah, was given the number one place ahead of his Enugu Rangers' counterpart, Godwin Anyalogu, who also kept a clean sheet at the weekend.

Warri Wolves' defender, ThankGod Ike, makes the team for the umpteenth time to pair Sogbesan in the heart of the defence while Mine Ojo of Enugu Rangers, a former teammate of Ike during their time at Heartland, fills left-back.

Playing in the midfield with Otu-Bassey will be Heartland star, Chinedu Efugh, who can play as centre-back and defensive midfielder. But the former Rangers' man will play in the holding role.

Amanze Elekwachi of Warri Wolves is named in the left side of midfield for his darting runs, short passes and crosses that unlocked Plateau United at the weekend.

It will be a three-man attack with Fidelis Saviour of Kaduna United being flanked by Heartland's Bello Kofarmata and Bashir of Bukola Babes.

Why they made the team:

Goalkeeper: Okiemute Odah (Sharks)
Penultimate weekend Odah lost out in this position. But this time he beats Enugu Rangers' Godwin Anyalogu following his display in the game against Gombe United at the weekend in Bauchi. He did not concede in that game.

Right-back: Promise James (Bukola Babes)
James held the lines well against Crown Football Club, as his side romped to a 2-0 win on the road. He provided width down the right flank for Bukola Babes.

Centre-back: Seun Sogbesan (Bukola Babes)
The centre-back for the second week finds himself in the team of the week for his sterling performance in the defence of Bukola Babes. He is the main reason Femi Allen's side left Ilaro with all points. Sogbesan's performance was not only top class but commanding.

Centre-back: ThankGod Ike (Warri Wolves)
Wolves' strong man in defence played with so much zest and little wonder Plateau United struggled to breach the back line of the Warri-based club. Ike also showed he can also score as well as defend.

Left-back: Mine Ojo (Enugu Rangers)
Ojo slots into left-back following a wonderful display of work rate to keep Niger Tornadoes in check. He is one of the players that made sure that the Flying Antelopes left Kaduna with their first point on the road and also keep a clean sheet for the first time in an away game.

Right midfielder: Effiom Otu-Bassey (Bukola Babes)
The Cross River-born winger slots into the right side of midfield after his roving and superb display against Crown FC. Otu-Bassey makes the team for the second week like his coach.

Central midfielder: Chinedu Efugh (Heartland)
The former Enugu Rangers' man was the focal point in the middle for Heartland. He defended, cut off the opponents' play and join the attack when the need arose in the game against Zamfara United. Efugh also known as Chicago scored from the spot to cap up his performance for the day.

Left midfielder: Amanze Elekwachi (Warri Wolves)
The former Jigawa Golden Stars' winger was a handful for Plateau United. He combined so well with Ehiosun Ekigho and others to put Plateau to sword and scored one of Wolves' three goals in their 3-1 win in Warri.

Striker: Bello Kofarmata (Heartland)
After just returning from trials abroad, the former Kano Pillars' striker justified his starting in Emma Osigwe's Heartland squad against Zamfara United. He scored one and got two assists.

Striker: Fidelis Saviour (Kaduna Utd)
Like his surname suggests, he has been Kaduna United's Saviour in the past two games. He scored the winner against champions, Enyimba, on Sunday his side's lone goal win.

Striker: Abdulrahman Bashir (Bukola Babes)
The petite striker troubled Crown FC's defence with runs and combined well with Akeem Audu. Bashir crowned his massive work rate with one of his team's two goals.

Coach: Festus Allen (Bukola Babes)
The Bukola Babes' head coach for the second consecutive week picks the gong as coach of the week for his team's superb performance against Crown FC on the road. Allen's men followed up with their 3-0 win over Kwara United with a two-nil win against Crown - the only away win in Week 13.

Team of the Week:
Okiemute Odah (Sharks)
Promise James (Bukola Babes)
Seun Sogbesan (Bukola Babes
ThankGod Ike (Warri Wolves)
Mine Ojo (Enugu Rangers)
Effiom Otu-Bassey (Bukola Babes)
Chinedu Efugh (Heartland)
Amanze Elekwachi (Warri Wolves)
Bello Kofarmata (Heartland)
Fidelis Saviour (Kaduna United)
Abdulrahman Bashir (Bukola Babes)

Coach: Festus Allen (Bukola Babes)

http://www.kickoff.com/news/19872/bukola-babes-dominate-team-of-the-week.php

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Blames Enyeama For Nigeria's World Cup Exit / American Boxer Floyd Mayweather Spends $6,200,000 Million On Three Cars / Free Daily Football Betting Tips For Free For Nairaland Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.