Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu (54587 Views)

Pandora Papers: How Governor Bagudu Amassed Billions And How He Is Hiding It / Abacha Loot: UK Backs US, Opposes Fg’s Plan To Pay Bagudu $110m / Nigerians Challenge FG To Name Beneficiaries Of Abacha Looted Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Godwin2am(m): 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
FarahAideed:
Fact is that Buhari and Baguada where all part of the looting machinery of the Abacha govt and now that Buhari is in power they are collecting their loot back ...Buhari has never been an honest man even for a day
you are absolutely right; he's know about abacha loots , he's was part of it, he want the money be returned either ways cos his share will be given to him.

3 Likes

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by content208: 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Imagine Buhari and his uselessness?

So they want to hand over the money to Abacha's partner in crime so they could reloot it and share among themselves

Money that belongs to all Nigerians .

Buhari is the most corrupt President in Nigerian history.

I won't be surprised if it is de facto president Abba kyari that even made the decision to appoint abacha's cronie as the recipient. Buhari is a total failure

1 Like

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by misterjosh(m): 7:39pm On Feb 21, 2020
Which kind of utter foolishness is this angry. The US better hold on to the said portfolios, rubbish garnished with nonsense.

1 Like

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
The biggest dis-service the U.S govt will offer nig. Is to hand over the loot to the crook in aso rock & cohorts!

The shithole is an hopeless entity!

3 Likes

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by berrystunn(m): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2020
LionTiger:
Obama and Cameron, see your life;
You will rot in hell for imposing criminals on Nigerians because President Jonathan refused to sign into act your satanic gay bill.

You get sense pass me

Who know , know

People when know know , day happy.
People when know, them day look .

1 Like

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by kutashi: 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2020
GreyLaw:

You are the dame with him. Keep insulting him so that you can justify Buhari! Jonathan instituted a case of forfeiture against this same Bagudu in 2012. Now Buhari is claiming he cannot renege on the agreement of 2003.

Court rulings can be challenged. If this government is sincere they can challenge that agreement. If they fail then we agree they failed, but at least they tried. Imagine handing over $100m to a criminal!
This is simple mathematics! The government need money and if the ruling is to be challenged, when do you think that will be resolved? That's first question! Secondly, read the content again and least i forget, do you know how trustship works? US is just playing us! I do not think they are ready to let the money go
Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Insectkiller: 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2020
Thief's everywhere...
Thief's..thief's.. international thief thief ITT.

I will fight kwaruption.
Now, who is kwaruption?? Can kwaruption fight kwaruption??

Rogue covering thieves..

shocked
I pity naija youth.. na here una go die (nibi lomakusi) according to Mario game.

2 Likes

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by delpee(f): 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2020
Yankee101:

You need to understand the origin of the agreement, remember he sent Mohd Abacha to prison.

An irrevocable trust is usually secret and only known to the owner and deed holders/offshore bankers. It's very hard to access the money without the owner's cooperation. For example Jeffrey Epstein moved his money to a trust in his brother's name before he died so it can be difficult for the people suing him to get much

So in order not to lose everything they had to go into that agreement so the money can come out. That act alone released hundreds of millions to the FG and led to Mohd's release and Bagudu signing off the monies. The usual thing to do now is charge him with new corruption charges and seize the money

That's wisdom. At least we got a lot of money from that deal. It's better than losing out totally.
Still, there should be a way of getting more funds out for the sake of the underprivileged in our society instead of giving it to one person.

It baffles me how anyone will be comfortable having so much of our commonwealth in the midst of abject poverty.

1 Like

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Reference(m): 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
Too tired to respond abeg. Tough day. Can't even read the comments.
Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by bizzibodi(m): 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2020
CSTR2:

So Buhari now respects court agreement?
When did that start? Because it involves a crooked ally of his.

The United States is saying they will not support handing over that money to baguda regardless of court order.
That is the supreme support and international cover that buhari will ever need if he actually wants to do what is right.
Are u saying US will disobey a court order
Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Opeyemi4real(m): 8:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
PicLtd:
The Americans should not hand over a dime to any Nigerian. Not a cent!
US can keep the money, or dash it out on the streets of US. We don't need it

1 Like

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by LionTiger(m): 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
bromen:

Evidence please.
Go and search for Jonathan's reply to Cameron on this issue.

1 Like

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by CSTR2: 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2020
bizzibodi:

Are u saying US will disobey a court order
Yes.
When the court order is a corrupt one.

1 Like

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by CSTR2: 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Haha. So you think the US has time for your little games of immunity? I suggest you get serious. Once US lays embargo on that money, Nigeria might not be able to get it anymore. GEJ's govt in 2012 instituted proceedings against him. What has changed between 2012 and 2018 that they suddenly remember a certain 2003 agreement which he used then to escape jail. Ibori did something close to that and still ended up in jail.
Do you realize they wanted to share a part of the money with him? So if US had agreed to that and not ask for his prosecution, do you mean Buhari and co would not have collected the money and shared it with him? We need to get serious as a people except you're a beneficiary of this heist.

As a matter of fact, do you really think if OBJ was president and this happened, he would not remove him as governor either by hook or crook? Go ask Fayose and Alams how it went down
If these bastards are not careful, the US would put sanctions on everybody that had contact with that money.
Right from the president down to his personal cook.

1 Like

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by davidque: 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2020
Wow! Unbelievable. A thief now a Governor and this president still seats and dines with him. wow! wow!

2 Likes

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Esquire08: 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
FarahAideed:
Fact is that Buhari and Baguada where all part of the looting machinery of the Abacha govt and now that Buhari is in power they are collecting their loot back ...Buhari has never been an honest man even for a day
Before Buhari Nigeria was sick with little possibilities of recovery but after Buhari there'd be no Nigeria. Of all the corrupt men who ever managed public offices in the world, Buhari is the worst. He knows not what to do yet believes he knows all to do. I'm not a prophet but I say with all boldness; the end of Nigeria is near

3 Likes

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by CyberWolf: 9:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Haha. So you think the US has time for your little games of immunity? I suggest you get serious. Once US lays embargo on that money, Nigeria might not be able to get it anymore. GEJ's govt in 2012 instituted proceedings against him. What has changed between 2012 and 2018 that they suddenly remember a certain 2003 agreement which he used then to escape jail. Ibori did something close to that and still ended up in jail.
Do you realize they wanted to share a part of the money with him? So if US had agreed to that and not ask for his prosecution, do you mean Buhari and co would not have collected the money and shared it with him? We need to get serious as a people except you're a beneficiary of this heist.

As a matter of fact, do you really think if OBJ was president and this happened, he would not remove him as governor either by hook or crook? Go ask Fayose and Alams how it went down
Animal like you will come to my mention to talk anyhow. GEJ instituted a proceeding against Bagudu in 2012, do you care to enlighten the forum how far the proceedings went before he left in 2015? Of course you won’t because nothing tangible to say.

You have the effrontery to ask me if OBJ was in power and this will happen? The same OBJ gave had a legal agreement with him which is why we are experiencing this now. He also came back to the country in 2003 and same OBJ didn’t prosecute him till he left office in 2007. Idiotic animal won’t ask OBJ why he didn’t prosecute him then but come here to talk rubbish. No wonder same OBJ said Nigerians youths like your type are not ready for governance because you don’t posses critical thinking, no question asked, just following bandwagon.

1 Like

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by sulaak(m): 9:35pm On Feb 21, 2020
Godwin2am:

you are absolutely right; he's know about abacha loots , he's was part of it, he want the money be returned either ways cos his share will be given to him.

Buhari was the chairman of Abacha PTF. Abacha family lawyer Malami is now Buhari AG.

You wouldn't hear that hypocrite Emir Sanusi attack the corruption and incompetence within the Buhari government.

2 Likes

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by sulaak(m): 9:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
CyberWolf:
Animal like you will come to my mention to talk anyhow. GEJ instituted a proceeding against Bagudu in 2012, do you care to enlighten the forum how far the proceedings went before he left in 2015? Of course you won’t because nothing tangible to say.

You have the effrontery to ask me if OBJ was in power and this will happen? The same OBJ gave had a legal agreement with him which is why we are experiencing this now. He also came back to the country in 2003 and same OBJ didn’t prosecute him till he left office in 2007. Idiotic animal won’t ask OBJ why he didn’t prosecute him then but come here to talk rubbish. No wonder same OBJ said Nigerians youths like your type are not ready for governance because you don’t posses critical thinking, no question asked, just following bandwagon.

OK Cyberwolf, OBJ is the cause of all this corruption and since OBJ is no more in power, can we now focus on the current incumbent Buhari.

Thanks in advance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Esquire08: 9:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
delpee:

That's wisdom. At least we got a lot of money from that deal. It's better than losing out totally.
Still, there should be a way of getting more funds out for the sake of the underprivileged in our society instead of giving it to one person.

It baffles me how anyone will be comfortable having so much of our commonwealth in the midst of abject poverty.
Plea bargain is the most unethical, unjust and absurd kind of punishment ever invented. Only class of looters enjoy it. It might interest you to know that America that introduced this approach no longer apply it. It entail compromising values and virtue for crumbs. If a corrupt person found guilty won't confess and show remorse for his act as he's being sanction let him keep back all his loot and let the state confiscate all he has and let him rot in jail. Even what his children has- if it can't proved to have being from a legitimate and verifiable source let it be forfeited also. If anything plea bargain expresses a nation's complacency and yieldedness to corruption not wisdom
Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
CSTR2:

If these bastards are not careful, the US would put sanctions on everybody that had contact with that money.
Right from the president down to his personal cook.
That's not even the issue. It's the international image it would give us. Truth is Nigeria's foreign standing is not at its brightest presently. Adding a govt that aids corruption will just dust away whatever's left of it.

2 Likes

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by dubra: 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
Coronavirus is the reason for the audio loots hand �️ over, EFCC my foot

1 Like

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by DedeNkem: 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
The northern thieves are destroying this country! These idiots know nothing about leadership! All they do? Loot the treasury and create civil security problems to perpetuate themselves in power!

Imagine what these same northern idiots would do if an Igbo President fill all the lucrative offices with Igbos! Or a yoruba president filling all important posts with yorubas! These stupid northerners will cause a civil war!

2 Likes

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by foreshore(m): 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
lessonsoflife:
Though the writing looks credible, source is needed.

Stay there an be looking for source like you are not aware that corruption is endemic in Nigeria
Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Dabronze(m): 9:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:05pm On Feb 21, 2020
CyberWolf:

I don't really understand what has led to the insults. I just called your attention to some facts and you resort to insults. Assuming without conceding that OBJ let him go, should Buhari also reinforce that anomaly or seek to correct it? Instead, we are telling US to give $100m to a looter!! I'm really disappointed in you

2 Likes

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2020
sulaak:

OK Cyberwolf, OBJ is the cause of all this corruption and since OBJ is no more in power, can we now focus on the current incumbent Buhari.

Thanks in advance
It seems he's a member of the APC army who will throw common sense in the trash can in the defense of the glaring incompetence of this admin even at the expense of the country itself. You wonder how such people sleep at night!!

1 Like

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
davidque:
Wow! Unbelievable. A thief now a Governor and this president still seats and dines with him. wow! wow!
Same president said he wasn't comfortable with onnoghen being Chief Justice but he's comfortable with a confirm looter being chairman of his party's governors' forum!!

2 Likes

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by CyberWolf: 10:20pm On Feb 21, 2020
Agboriotejoye:
I don't really understand what has led to the insults. I just called your attention to some facts and you resort to insults. Assuming without conceding that OBJ let him go, should Buhari also reinforce that anomaly or seek to correct it? Instead, we are telling US to give $100m to a looter!! I'm really disappointed in you
You made mention that OBJ wouldn’t have let him go and I reminded you that OBJ gave him the deal in contention and also allowed him to go. Don’t tell me you’re not aware of that but my annoyance is you referencing OBJ to me that he wouldn’t allow him go if he was the one in charge currently? What is your intention? Buhari did nothing rather than letting US know that there is judgment at hand which prompted them to keep the money for now. These Abacha loots comes out anytime when the custody country wants to release it so, you don’t expect the FG to institute a case against Bagudu and get favorable judgement immediately. So they have to employ delay tactics while they work on it back home here. Bagudu is not the only mule used to launder money by Abacha, there many of them and FG is dealing with each of them based on the legal agreement reached with them with OBJ administration. I’m not a Buhari supporter and I don’t like him. Check my comments history but when the government does something well, patriotism demands that we applaud them. This one is coming from US, some have come from Switzerland, UK, Jersey, etc and FG dealt with them separately.

1 Like

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by mankan2k7(m): 10:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
Is it not better the Americans use the money to buy many acres of land in America and called it Nigerians village. They can now come and carry me and the 5% reasonable people living in Nigeria to come and live there

2 Likes

Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by CyberWolf: 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
sulaak:

Thanks in advance
I’m not a Buhari supporter but I want you to understand that when something like this comes, FG has to employ delay tactics while they clear the legal bottlenecks back home here before allowing the money to come in. Court judgement is not what you just go and get immediately, that’s why FG alerted US rhat there is an agreement with the mule with FG (obj in 2003) so, they have to delay the repatriation of the fund until they clear the bottleneck.
Re: US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu by Amanda4life: 10:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
God bless Donald Trump.

During OBama time we were only hearing about looted fund but he never made effort to return the money

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Bride Campaigns For Labour Party's Peter Obi On Her Wedding Day (Photos) / Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / FG Begins Cash Transfer To 200,000 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.