Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (42512 Views)

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by AnanseK(m): 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Thinee:

It happens to kids also, especially during afternoon nap...is it that they re depressed also??

Did I say that depression is the cause? Please read my comment again.
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Dextre(m): 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
IceColdVeins:

Sometimes dreams trigger it too. After the bad dream, then here comes the bolded.
Read it up

You are right bro
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by ogyunging(m): 3:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
I think it happens in very cold conditions. The last time i experienced it, i slept on the cold ground with no shirt on. In my semi-conscious state i felt immobile, felt normal untill i realized i wasnt breathing, slowly i started to panic. It was a constant struggle to move till i woke up, i was close to freezing, man was cold all over. It wasnt scary till the panic set in. Cold follow join the matter we dey try settle.
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
ImaIma1:

Not necessarily. I think hormonal changes affects it too. I had it so much when I was pregnant. Sometimes, even twice in one night. And I gave birth, it disappeared.
Not necessarily as in depression can't cause that
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Cabi1: 3:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
emmakolapo:
the day I experience it, I felt like someone was pressing me down on bed and I'm unable to move my body even I couldn't open my mouth to speak, so I manage to shout Jesus my voice wasn't loud enough, by the time I try to shout Jesus the third time I felt relieved and i could move my body and speak and then I prayed after the whole thing.

same here ....I wonder if it is natural or spiritual ....
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Myzteriouz: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
I was 11, I could hear the blast from the mosque'd megaphone call for prayer around 5 a.m. I could hear my dad shuffling around in his room and calling my name. I felt like I had 6 people on the bed with me, telling me that they won't let me get up and me struggling to get off. I couldn't move and also screaming for my dad in my head; for my mind it was very loud recurrent screaming, but no sound was coming out till he opens the door and I actually fell off the bed. He picked me up and handed the plastic kettle to me and wiped my sweating face with a smile on his face. I told him and he said he understood and will explain when I grow older...he explained but not before next aunty stopped telling people that I was ogbanje

1 Like

Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by LifeOfTrigga(m): 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
[quote author=ShakurMY post=90177714]Once heard is caused when wall gecko is on the ceiling, the paralysis wouldn't leave until the wall gecko leaves.[/quote

I was about to say this, and yeah it’s true Cos I’m from a family that has a very strong heart In tradition and this same shit happens to me many times and one day I decided to open up to my mom and dad. It was the same thing they told me that there must be a wall gecko on my ceiling and I remembered that was true Cos I’ve been noticing a small wall gecko in my room ceiling but don’t want to get it killed Cos I hate seeing blood coming out from animals and that I’m the one that killed it. I had to use a broom to take the wall gecko away and go drop it outside. I think it’s true wall geckos are the cause... But trust me that shit mehn looks like I was gonna die

1 Like

Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by LifeOfTrigga(m): 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Divay22:
It's one experience i really don't like talking about because mine was happening to me back to back.
Almost every night. I'll end up feeling gloomy for the rest of the day

Check your ceiling to see if there’s any wall gecko or around your room Cos they are the cause of it..
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by LifeOfTrigga(m): 4:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
Divay22:

Not really. But it's not as often as before.
Mine wasn't ordinary thou. Because it was happening both night and day anytime i sleep alone and the door or window is slightly open.

The only night i get to escape from it is when my mum goes to bed with me else I'll beg for my life.

It’s called by wall gecko and don’t let scientists blind you, check your room for any wall gecko in the ceiling or windows cos they do hide too. But I’m sure there’s a wall gecko where you are sleeping
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by CaptainFM1: 4:58pm On Jun 01, 2020
Dextre:

Bro sleep paralysis happens when you are awake pls,its like this,you wake but your brain is still sleeping,you only see all these hallucinations if your brain was dreaming when it happened,if it wasn't dreaming you don't see anything( this is where your theory comes in). I have had sleep paralysis,where I wake and I can't move my body, like I will literally be looking at my ceiling and bed but can't move my body and after lying for a while,my brain wakes too. I never for once saw myself going to heaven or being chased,I see real things in real time,I just can't move. Sleep paralysis is basically paralysis when falling asleep or after waking up,that is the definition. So as a matter of it does happen when you wake. Sleep paralysis doesn't start from sleep realm,it starts with you waking up,all those once people see,is when they are already awake but their brain is still stucked inside dream..so those things come out as visions or hallucinations

I understand you. The sleep paralysis the ops is describing is not that of Medical but Spiritual sleep paralysis. I guess that's where we differs.
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by jamex93(m): 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
RoiTV2020:

Na Demonic attack, trust me.
Sleep paralysis doesn't leave you with bruises and pains. Everything only happens within that moment, and that's all. Sleep paralysis messes with your brain. But this your own seems more like an attack.

Its well.. Jesus has settled it for me.. Amen

1 Like

Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by ImaIma1(f): 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
sassysure:

Not necessarily as in depression can't cause that

I don't know if depression can cause it but all sleep paralysis is not linked to depression
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Goldenheart(m): 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
ruggedboy01:

teach me how to snap out please

Try these methods

1. Go with the flow.... Stop trying to fight it...

2. You can't move your body but you can Wiggle your toe or clench ur fist....Like you moulding eba..
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Andercruz: 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
Zornes123:
I recall my dad telling my mom how an evil spirit held him in the bed and couldn’t let him move. The prayer that night wasn’t a funny one. Deep down I knew he only had sleep paralysis.
Well about mine. I saw a Jesus like figure talking to me and telling me to repent, out of fear I tried moving from my bed but this unknown force held me down for some seconds. When I was finally able to move i noticed I had tears in my eyes. This happened even before I knew of the term sleep paralysis. I always told my friends I saw Jesus back then. If it was sleep paralysis or Jesus I can’t even tell

Even if whom you saw wasn't Jesus, there's need you pay attention to Christ. Christ can truly save. God order your steps.
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by ImaIma1(f): 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
sassysure:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thestar.com/amp/life/2018/01/31/sleep-paralysis-linked-to-anxiety-stress-and-depression.html&ved=2ahUKEwickoH8sOHpAhU9SxUIHY9yA2EQFjAOegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw2Sxs2xPWj6LI3w3tkIm5U7&ampcf=1&cshid=1591040908150

I didn't say depression cannot cause it. But that it's not only depression that causes it as you implied.

Besides, your link says "stress", "anxiety" and "depression". Not just depression.
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by VICTOR4LYF(m): 6:34am On Jun 02, 2020
larica69:
I am almost 50. I have been having this sleep paralysis for over 40yrs. It runs in my family. I remember both my parents always get pressed and cry when asleep. What I did then was to rush to thier bedroom and assist the suffering person.

Worst part of this thing is when you hear a sibling or your parents voice, you try to call for help but they wont hear you. I have had to ask my mom once if she came to my room and said 'see how he is enjoying sleep' she confirmed she came to my room and indeed said so. I told her I was dying when she came in and she was perplexed. That stuff remains a mystery to me. I pray it doesn't end someone's existence ooo. All this dying in the sleep news upandan
Do you or any of your parents lie on their backs when they sleep?
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by IceColdVeins(m): 8:02am On Jun 02, 2020
Goldenheart:

Try these methods

1. Go with the flow.... Stop trying to fight it...

2. You can't move your body but you can Wiggle your toe or clench ur fist....Like you moulding eba..
Exactly, you need to master how to go with the flow...
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Phemysam19(m): 8:08am On Jun 02, 2020
tiswell:
Always pray before you sleep. Sleep paralysis usually has spiritual connotations.

Oh thanks so much sir. I will continue praying.
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Dextre(m): 8:36am On Jun 02, 2020
CaptainFM1:

I understand you. The sleep paralysis the ops is describing is not that of Medical but Spiritual sleep paralysis. I guess that's where we differs.

But is there really a spiritual sleep paralysis tho? grin
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Tapout(m): 11:12am On Jun 02, 2020
so many funny comments...First experience will most likely be scary like in my own case I just left the kitchen where I was talking with my mum and younger sister and went to lie down on the couch in the sitting room. Few minutes later, I tried getting up but I couldn't, I can swear I was shouting but i later got to know from my mum and sister that they didn't hear shit..wawu!! grin was surprised and scared at the same time cos in that state I could still hear both of them discussing and laughing and I was like are u guys for real, I'm shouting for help and u guys are there talking and laughing. grin
Many years later i had a similar experience, but this time it wasn't sleep paralysis, it was the food I ate in a friend's place that was laced with MJ. I experienced a lot, including feeling my body being absorbed intro the mattress. At some point I couldn't even open my eyes but I was fully awake and aware of my surroundings. I just layed bk and enjoyed the cruise. So back to sleep paralysis, the trick is to just stay clam and flow with it, also try moving ur toes and fingers. But don't fight it cos the more u fight it, the stronger it effect becomes.
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Prudent200: 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
Bright2:
I believed sleep paralysis is spiritual, I do feel it like others until I used this seed shown below to scare them the spirit away.

Since I place this seed close to my window burglary, I've not noticed it again.

I suffered this paralysis for many years but today that seed has solved that problem, I now sleep well without feeling any paranoid or paralysis.

hmmmm so what is the name of this seed
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by KGBEAST(m): 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
FrontRunner:

Yea but it's really surprising to know you were put through all that.I also lived in Family House during my Service year and know alot of Shiit went down ooo.Like a time we had to pray for a sister who was used for money rituals by some Rich Dude,She Left the House and later came back very ill but That's by the way tho.
So why would everyone(mamay,papay,Prayoo etc)believe one person over you.Were you giving them the wrong impression about yourself?
PS: I'm a Backsliding Born again Christian.
You started with your story without finishing it, what now happened to the girl
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
KGBEAST:

You started with your story without finishing it, what now happened to the girl
Bros,I said the Story naw.Scroll back or Front,you'll find it .
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Juliearth(f): 2:22am On Jun 03, 2020
fashionale:
There's a demon responsible for this sleep paralysis, but I've forgotten it name. It's real and it's not good. But science won't let us understand it proper. The demons use it as a means to carry out their evil plans on humans especially those who are weak in spirit.

The night hag or the old hag.
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Juliearth(f): 2:25am On Jun 03, 2020
Blackmoran:
Do have it recently and it happens when am less busy during the day, it's so scary but have gotten use to it that it doesn't scare me no more... You knowing how your body and stress level work is a big help.....

Please don't get used to this. It is not of God. There are dedicated Psalms for protection. Read them. One of them is Psalm 91, which is perfect for this scenario. Speak positive energy to your room. Command any and every negative energy out. Lastly, eliminate fear. Fear would deter you from winning this battle.
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Juliearth(f): 2:26am On Jun 03, 2020
Blackmoran:
Do have it recently and it happens when am less busy during the day, it's so scary but have gotten use to it that it doesn't scare me no more... You knowing how your body and stress level work is a big help.....

Please don't get used to this. It is not of God. There are dedicated Psalms for protection. Read them. One of them is Psalm 91, which is perfect for this scenario. Speak positive energy to your room. Command any and every negative energy out. Lastly, eliminate fear. Fear would deter you from winning this battle.

Sorry, I think I misquoted you, but you can still apply these tips.
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by Juliearth(f): 2:27am On Jun 03, 2020
Blackmoran:

Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by HIbreed(m): 7:19am On Jun 03, 2020
incogni2o:
currently battling this, but I think it is due to the mattress I need to change and inadequate sleep
do this it works 100%. 1. Rempve fear from your self and never thought about it. 2. Clear your breath 30 times before sleeping. 3. Spread your legs and arms very well if you're sleeping, don't tangle your legs together, same with your arms it makes it easy for the midget motherfucke.r to suspend you. 4. Don't face off while sleeping. Buy me beer later
Re: Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. by HIbreed(m): 7:23am On Jun 03, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Each time i leave my Windows open at night before going to bed esp after a heavy downpour, then i experience sleep paralysis. Cold is a strong contributing factor.

There are so many myths about this phenomenon. The physicist, biologists theologians, spiritualist etc.but alas i go with biologists' explanation.
don't go with the scientific explanation. They failled woefully on this one. It is pure spiritual oppression, and am an irreligious person who believe so much in science telling you this. So believe me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Huge Tumor Surgically Removed From A Woman's Arm. Photos / Iyienu Mission Hospital, Anambra: Oldest Mission Hospital In Igboland (Photos) / See Things To Avoid When Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.