Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here (36426 Views)

Man Lies On A Gutter For His Pregnant Wife To Pass (Photos) / Did Your Aunty Or Older Relative Disvirgin You As A Boy. Share Here / Tiv Elders Ban Traditional Marriage Festivities, Peg Expenses At N100k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Psoul(m): 12:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
Amstupid:
but dis is true undecided

No....it is not.
Smart work pays.
Don't work hard, work smart.

1 Like

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Johnson8976: 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
see below
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by achi4u(m): 12:51pm On Feb 22, 2020
D one that are still in practice and it's very painful and shameful is allowing ur kids finger nails to keep growing with dirtiness because the child will be using it to fight in the dream.rubbish.

That when you bend down and look between ur legs in the market you will see spirits working with their head. I fear that one sha.

India giving Nigeria 99:1 but Sam Okparaji decided to kick the ball that turned to Lion,they kill him, that's why India will never go to any football competition again...is this true?
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by BafanaBafana: 12:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
If you bend and look in between your legs in the market, you will see ghosts.
If you wash a dogs face and use the water to wash your face, you will see spirits at nights. They even have example of my cousin who did it and was running helter skelter and screaming throughout the night.
If a certain worm enters your ear, you will turn into the opposite gender.
if you eat mango and then take garri, you will die.
If you sit in the doorway, spirits will knock you
If you take holy communion home from church, it will become blood

2 Likes

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by TGMISKY(m): 12:59pm On Feb 22, 2020
We were told that shouting a person's name at night make spirits to know the name. My dad still forbids the act

2 Likes

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by CanadaOrBust: 12:59pm On Feb 22, 2020
nazablossom:

The India and Nigeria match. 100-1 grin. I think everyone was served this lie with hot peppersoup and chilled drink cheesy

That India was banned from Olympics because they always use juju to easily win every competition. Only much latter did I learn they were not banned - they simply never qualify for Olympics!
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by achi4u(m): 1:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
Lolabisi007s:
The biggest famous lie was Nigeria vs India
100-1 whoever brought up this lie shouldn’t make heaven for deceiving hundred of generations ���
Do you know that till today majority of people still believe in such story.

2 Likes

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by achi4u(m): 1:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
BafanaBafana:
If you bend and look in between your legs in the market, you will see ghosts.
If you wash a dogs face and use the water to wash your face, you will see spirits at nights. They even have example of my cousin who did it and was running helter skelter and screaming throughout the night.
If a certain worm enters your ear, you will turn into the opposite gender.
if you eat mango and then take garri, you will die.
If you sit in the doorway, spirits will knock you
If you take holy communion home from church, it will become blood
hahahahagrin
Sir/ma ur own srong ooo
That washing of dog face or Sheep na die....and they always come up with example of dead relativescheesy

2 Likes

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Symorne(m): 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2020
anonimi:

They were neither primitive nor superstitious but needed to maintain sanity in the community.
Sitting on a grinding stone is not good for various reasons and they found a way to discourage people from doing so.

Exactly, I'm with you on that.
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 22, 2020
1. If you kill a wall gecko, the head of your family will die.
2. If you lose one tooth or more, throw it on the top of a zinc roof. If a lizard picks it, it'll grow back.
3. If you look at yourself in a mirror at night, you'll have a nightmare.
4. If the sun is up and rain is falling simultaneously, then a lion has given birth.

I'd be lying to you if I told you I didn't believe those things, haha!
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by AreaFada2: 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
nazablossom:
That if you stand on a rock/stone,you won't grow tall again.

Answering your name when you thought that someone is calling you is a taboo.

When you are walking and saw a drawn line on your way, don't cross it. Look for another way to pass. Your destiny will be destroyed if you do.

Mrs.koikoi, and her infamous shoe, the pretty teacher that died and her ghost was haunting the community school (I nearly died of fear because of this one grin)

The India and Nigeria match. 100-1. I think everyone was served this lie with hot peppersoup and chilled drink cheesy
They even said an Indian played a ball and the ball is still flying as we speak. So they were banned from international games. grin

1 Like

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Okoroawusa: 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2020
CotenantNIG:
That your certificate would open doors for you
It does but not just everyone. It still depends on chance and opportunity.
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by praiseneo(m): 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
If rain dey fall make I no put my hand outside if thunder strike ah don dye be that...Nigeria I will miss u when I comot go another country o grin
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by itzarnold(m): 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2020
if I ate the head of chicken I will grow comb if I drink coconut water I will be dull�
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by falcon01: 1:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
Omar09:

You'd be surprised to hear this. But it's the brick layer. He works harder... But the senator worked smarter.
exactly! smart work pays
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Okoroawusa: 1:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
vickydevoka:

In summary, school na scam. Start business at early stage n learn savings which is de most important part
So everyone must be a business man?

It's not possible. It's like saying everyone should be a doctor.

1 Like

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by falcon01: 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
peace28:

how did he became a senator? didn't he work for it?.

hard work do pay
everyone at the top work hard to get there , either by good means or bad one ,they all work hard
nop! no matter how hard he worked he hasn't work half as hard as the brick layer worked in 10 years
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by deewhone(f): 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
Once you offend your parents, and they've vowed to flog you, remove some strands of ur eyelashes and put it on the floor where they must pass across, they'll definitely forget

1 Like

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by falcon01: 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
debossng:

Hard work doesn't mean being physically active BUT Being mentally articulate and active.

The Senator works hard by thinking out strategies and giving orders While the Bricklayer works hard by taking orders and physically running erands for the senator.

In all, HARD WORK PAYS, it all depends on how hard you choose to work
smart
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Bellgal: 1:39pm On Feb 22, 2020
If i pound mortar without something inside that my breast will fall.
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2020
cjudy:
grin

Let me add some of the lies our elders really washed us with.

1. I will make $1 = 1naira
2. I will defeat Boko Haram within 3months in Office
3. I will create job to employ 3million, I mean 3million people per year (which kind lie be this?)
4. Fuel will reduce to 35naira

Abeg if you remember some of the lies, help me add yours.

I remember one again
5. I will not go abroad for treatment
These are modern day lies
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Xanderlex: 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2020
My aunt was sitting on the floor and I crossed over her legs. Told me to cross back. That I dont want her to grow taller again ba
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Whyzaid(f): 1:50pm On Feb 22, 2020
That if I put my hand to get water inside rain, thunder will strike
And if I cross a pregnant woman sitting or lying down, the baby will resemble me.
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Liposure: 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
That your biscuit wood turn 2 a finger in ur pocket if dont eat it
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by slimdaddy009(m): 1:57pm On Feb 22, 2020
I will end boko haram in 2 months -Buhari. you can bow eat to your satisfaction with just #30- lai the lair Muhammed���
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Liposure: 2:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
Bellgal:
If i pound mortar without something inside that my breast will fall.
so whats d state of ur breast now. falling or still standing? Unless u want 2 tell me u still a V
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by lakoomoyi: 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2020
ojotobiloba1:
That a boy shouldn't be beaten with a broom as this may lead to penis disappearance..... That we shouldn't sit on mortar as this means ones have to relative impending death... Funny folks

I wonder what will happen if you hit someone with a vacuum cleaner cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by ArcGibson(m): 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2020
Neroiam:
Dem tell me say if my tooth falls, i no throw am ontop zinc, another one no go grow grin grin

I remember, then whenever one tooth fall off...

Just look for 7 small stones, 7 goat shits, 7 small charcoals with the tooth and throw on next house roof so that another one go grow

2 Likes

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by ojjp: 2:32pm On Feb 22, 2020
That you don't mention snake and scorpion's names at night. If you do, you would see them. So instead of snake, rope and instead of scorpion, friend.

If you mess as a woman especially when cooking, your food would get sour before morning.

If in your dream you see yourself eating colanut, then your death is a matter of few days.

A child that doesn't know about the sun can look at it anytime of the day as long as the child wants it without being affected.

Plenty sef.
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by xcelentattitude(m): 2:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
cassidy1996:
the patient dog eats the fattest bone

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Died After Wife Dumped Him, Eloped With Lover Abroad / My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son / 10 Times Patience Ozokwor Reminded Us Of Our Wicked Aunty...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.