Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (138895 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
ideepaul:
assuming you cultivate an acre of cucumber/tomato, you will have already 10,000 crops with a minimum daily water intake of 5L. This gives you 50000L of water daily for irrigation (it will be definitely far more). Some streams can't irrigate a plot, not to talk about an acre! It's either you drill a borehole, you reduce the landmass, or you relocate
do you mean 5l for each stand every day? If so, five liter for each stand every day will be harmful to TOMATO! Mean while plantinum is back to naija cheesy cheesy cheesy and I believe it will be cheaper by next month, also price of grade 1 crate now at the moment is 7500k in akure.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
do you mean 5l for each stand every day? If so, five liter for each stand every day will be harmful to TOMATO! Mean while plantinum is back to naija cheesy cheesy cheesy and I believe it will be cheaper by next month, also price of grade 1 crate now at the moment is 7500k in akure.
maybe not particularly for tomato, but during the dry season, anything less than that for cucumbers daily is not ideal. But are you still cultivating new tomato plants now? I hope the price remains fairly ok, but Hausa tomato will hit the market in the next few weeks, and that might imply price crash sha
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:38am On Oct 13, 2020
ideepaul:
maybe not particularly for tomato, but during the dry season, anything less than that for cucumbers daily is not ideal. But are you still cultivating new tomato plants now? I hope the price remains fairly ok, but Hausa tomato will hit the market in the next few weeks, and that might imply price crash sha
greediness apart, 3k for a crate during raining season and 5k during dry season is a good price. This time last year it was 2500-3000, and people were still happy with the price.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
greediness apart, 3k for a crate during raining season and 5k during dry season is a good price. This time last year it was 2500-3000, and people were still happy with the price.
I nor dey do mbok grin grin grin, I cultivate when the value of a particular crop is high and there is a high ROI grin grin . Seriously, the prices are not always too bad, but I have limited access to land, and therefore, the need to maximize the usage by cultivating veges that are at the peak of scarcity, or likely to be scarce.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Jub101(m): 8:50pm On Oct 13, 2020
Thanks for the reply everyone. I will definitely start small and progress steadily
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ChngedChnges(m): 11:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
20:10:10 have apply once so far, platlium 701 f1, no fatigation, 1.2kg per stand.
Pls where can I get this platinum f1 seeds??
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Cedagrochemical(f): 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2020
ChngedChnges:

Pls where can I get this platinum f1 seeds??

Hello, you can contact me for your East West seeds

Price - 4400 (5g)

0705 220 5810

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Cedagrochemical(f): 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2020
A quick fix for Blossom end rot

1 Share

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:01am On Oct 18, 2020
Cedagrochemical:
A quick fix for Blossom end rot
attach price and location to your products!
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2020
Testimony time

A big s/o to Farmerakinloye6 (I'm glad I discovered you tonight! cool cool , Sir Jidestroud ( I've been consistently ghosting and learning form your articles here sir! grin grin) and Sir Ideepaul

It's always my delight reading from great people like you. Thanks to your write-ups and from other sources, coupled with the power of screenshot tongue tongue, I've been able to apply lots of knowledge learnt to my backyard garden! It's been more than 5months ago since I bought vegetables wink wink. I've been harvesting and dashing out from my mini farm and it's been a joy. I tried tomato planting also and I've been harvesting too (I no reach una levels sha).

All in all, agric is good business but you need that dint of luck, grace, hardwork and your mama's prayers!

Keep up the good work distinguished folks.

Shalom.

4 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Jub101(m): 7:54pm On Oct 18, 2020
Is it possible to use storex with drip irrigation for 2 plots of tomato plants
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:11am On Oct 19, 2020
Jub101:
Is it possible to use storex with drip irrigation for 2 plots of tomato plants
my brother, I don't think water in storex will be enough for four thousand stand, for four month. Be patience! Don't because you want to cultivate TOMATO and waste your investment.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Munzy14(m): 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2020
ideepaul:
Agric lime helps to reduce incidents of fruit cracking and blossom end rot, but doesn't have any NPK value and very little micronutrient values associated with fertilizers and manure
Interesting!
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by adescopy(m): 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
20:10:10 have apply once so far, platlium 701 f1, no fatigation, 1.2kg per stand.
pls, do you mean 1.2g or 1.2kg. If it's kg is it not too much to apply to a stand at once?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Cedagrochemical(f): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
attach price and location to your products!

Sorry for the omission,

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 7:24pm On Oct 24, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
my brother, I don't think water in storex will be enough for four thousand stand, for four month. Be patience! Don't because you want to cultivate TOMATO and waste your investment.
I need to buy the greengo Sir
how can I contact you sir
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by hargbolahan01: 9:42pm On Oct 24, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
what if you have a borehole or dip well and keep pumping water as water in the storex finishes
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 6:10am On Oct 25, 2020
hargbolahan01:
what if you have a borehole or dip well and keep pumping water as water in the storex finishes
then run the connection direct to the pump, just keep the stored as backup or maybe for fertigation. If you connect drip to the pump direct, observe the pressure and don't use .2mm drip tapes sir
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Cedagrochemical(f): 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
aquadude15:

I need to buy the greengo Sir
how can I contact you sir

Hello, I have greengo for sale

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mickelkingz(m): 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2020
nice one... how much is a crate sold at the market?

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:56pm On Nov 09, 2020
mickelkingz:
nice one... how much is a crate sold at the market?
grade1 crate is 6.5-7k here in akure.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2020
Our people that took TOMATO to Lagos to sell regret it, seems glut as hit Lagos. They were able to see 2500 on each crate after expenses@grade1 not bad though,if you ask me. Meanwhile, it was sold 5-5500k here today. Glut lurking around!
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 8:12pm On Nov 10, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
Our people that took TOMATO to Lagos to sell regret it, seems glut as hit Lagos. They were able to see 2500 on each crate after expenses@grade1 not bad though,if you ask me. Meanwhile, it was sold 5-5500k here today. Glut lurking around!
Boss God no go show you shame! You will have unprecedented luck to sell at good prices
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2020
Nematicide application, three finger grip will do for each hole@30cm interval. 1 sachet for one plot, using myself as an example,I will do 6000 stand maximum 4hours.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by brtrip: 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2020
?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by brtrip: 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
Nematicide application, three finger grip will do for each hole@30cm interval. 1 sachet for one plot, using myself as an example,I will do 6000 stand maximum 4hours.

after applying the nematicide before planting, is there any other thing to be applied weekly for disease prevention after planting?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by tpben: 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:

Boss, what is the name of the nematicide?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
brtrip:

after applying the nematicide before planting, is there any other thing to be applied weekly for disease prevention after planting?
it seems you have missed many class cheesy cheesy grin, you will do well to check past post.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
tpben:

Boss, what is the name of the nematicide?
worm force
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
It has always being my habit to have little little crop for my own consumption,and sometimes I do dash out too, example tomato,pepper,vegetable leaf,cocoyam,okro e.t.c. so I have like ten stand of f2 platinum which germinate on there own after I make ridges. I have transplant them now, and I intend to train them to know what the fruit will be. Who's else is also curious to know what f2 platinum fruit will be? Click share,if I see reasonable share then I will be updating it with pix.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Intendy: 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
It has always being my habit to have little little crop for my own consumption,and sometimes I do dash out too, example tomato,pepper,vegetable leaf,cocoyam,okro e.t.c. so I have like ten stand of f2 platinum which germinate on there own after I make ridges. I have transplant them now, and I intend to train them to know what the fruit will be. Who's else is also curious to know what f2 platinum fruit will be? Click share,if I see reasonable share then I will be updating it with pix.

it will do well. with many fruits but most not as big as the F1. my security man (Hausa) @ the farm have a garden where he planted his after I gave him the F1 fruits. he then decided to plant the seeds. even without applying any insecticide. it was very ok
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by manya(m): 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hello, good afternoon friends.
I am a papaya farmer, planning to into tomatoes next year.
I have 500 stands of maradona f1 from east west. I was motivated by Emmanchille, a very nice guy.
My question is, does any one know about 0:0:60 and Borax? East west company recommended them fro papaya in their article.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (69) (Reply)

Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan. / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.