Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (139516 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
manya:
Hello, good afternoon friends.
I am a papaya farmer, planning to into tomatoes next year.
I have 500 stands of maradona f1 from east west. I was motivated by Emmanchille, a very nice guy.
My question is, does any one know about 0:0:60 and Borax? East west company recommended them fro papaya in their article.
I may not be of help to you concerning the fertilizer you need, but could you help with the yield, and taste qualities of this cultivar?

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by manya(m): 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
ideepaul:

I may not be of help to you concerning the fertilizer you need, but could you help with the yield, and taste qualities of this cultivar?
They just started flowering. When I am ready with those Info's, I will share them. Thank you.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Jub101(m): 10:03am On Dec 03, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
Seedlings tray, cocopeat, manure, weting can, net,drip,2 inch PVC pipe,PVC gum,small saw,end cap,tap,connector,rubber washer, filter, socket, water pump,in and out hose, spray pump, spray guard, siccors,rope, Baboo,ortiva top, Rich soil, caterpillar force,saaf,crate..I will modify if i remember Other things..
You mentioned spray guard among the things needed sir. What is it used for and can I please see a picture
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Jub101(m): 11:32am On Dec 03, 2020
Sir which do you prefer using between a 2:inch pvc or 1 inch pvc pipe for drip irrigation
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Waterfarms: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2020
With regards to 0:0:60, it's a a fertilizer called m.o.p. muriate of potash
manya:
Hello, good afternoon friends.
I am a papaya farmer, planning to into tomatoes next year.
I have 500 stands of maradona f1 from east west. I was motivated by Emmanchille, a very nice guy.
My question is, does any one know about 0:0:60 and Borax? East west company recommended them fro papaya in their article.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:34am On Dec 04, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
It has always being my habit to have little little crop for my own consumption,and sometimes I do dash out too, example tomato,pepper,vegetable leaf,cocoyam,okro e.t.c. so I have like ten stand of f2 platinum which germinate on there own after I make ridges. I have transplant them now, and I intend to train them to know what the fruit will be. Who's else is also curious to know what f2 platinum fruit will be? Click share,if I see reasonable share then I will be updating it with pix.
I will start by next week,am seriously busy now with cocumba.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:36am On Dec 04, 2020
Intendy:

it will do well. with many fruits but most not as big as the F1. my security man (Hausa) @ the farm have a garden where he planted his after I gave him the F1 fruits. he then decided to plant the seeds. even without applying any insecticide. it was very ok

okay, let see.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:37am On Dec 04, 2020
Waterfarms:
how much do you buy it,and where?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:52am On Dec 04, 2020
Jub101:

You mentioned spray guard among the things needed sir. What is it used for and can I please see a picture
to guide the way herbicide come out from the nozzle of your water spray pump, if you are not expert in spraying.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:54am On Dec 04, 2020
Jub101:
Sir which do you prefer using between a 2:inch pvc or 1 inch pvc pipe for drip irrigation
anyone that suit you, at the moment am using 2 inch PVC but I prefer flat hose to any pipe.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Waterfarms: 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2020
#2,500 per paint bucket. @ Alaba-rago, Lagos.quote author=Farmerakinloye6 post=96709774] how much do you buy it,and where?[/quote]
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by tpben: 7:59am On Dec 06, 2020
Waterfarms:
#2,500 per paint bucket. @ Alaba-rago, Lagos.quote author=Farmerakinloye6 post=96709774] how much do you buy it,and where?

Be more elaborate, sir.

Where can I get this fertiliser
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by tpben: 7:59am On Dec 06, 2020
Waterfarms:
#2,500 per paint bucket. @ Alaba-rago, Lagos.quote author=Farmerakinloye6 post=96709774] how much do you buy it,and where?

Be more elaborate, sir.

Where can I get this fertiliser. I have been looking for it for long
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by manya(m): 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2020
Waterfarms:
Please can I get it? Give contact details please.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Waterfarms: 5:08am On Dec 08, 2020
I got from those Hausa guys. The guy said a bag is #20,000. The market is located along Badagry expressway, Alaba-rago bustop, Lagos. Just ask the Okada people they will show you the place. The Hausa guys may not understand the name, so you need to show them the picture.
tpben:

Be more elaborate, sir.

Where can I get this fertiliser. I have been looking for it for long
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
It has always being my habit to have little little crop for my own consumption,and sometimes I do dash out too, example tomato,pepper,vegetable leaf,cocoyam,okro e.t.c. so I have like ten stand of f2 platinum which germinate on there own after I make ridges. I have transplant them now, and I intend to train them to know what the fruit will be. Who's else is also curious to know what f2 platinum fruit will be? Click share,if I see reasonable share then I will be updating it with pix.
the Truth is I do not water them (10 stand) every day or show Care like that because am seriously busy.i have applied little fertilizer to them yesterday and they are doing good. Tomato price per crate@grade 1 is now 2500 naira at the moment.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
the Truth is I do not water them (10 stand) every day or show Care like that because am seriously busy.i have applied little fertilizer to them yesterday and they are doing good. Tomato price per crate@grade 1 is now 2500 naira at the moment.
I noticed flowering yesterday

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Waterfarms: 11:24pm On Dec 26, 2020
Compliments of the season to everyone
Please, can someone plant Padma tomato seed in dry season ( now). All the pros' in the house I need your contributions.
Thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
Waterfarms:
Compliments of the season to everyone
Please, can someone plant Padma tomato seed in dry season ( now). All the pros' in the house I need your contributions.
Thanks
sure but am not a fan of Padma because of crack rate and redness. Our experimental f2 platinum fall today cheesy meaning it need staking.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Waterfarms: 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
sure but am not a fan of Padma because of crack rate and redness. Our experimental f2 platinum fall today cheesy meaning it need staking.
Thanks for your response.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by safarifarms(m): 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
The tomato is two month old yesterday. Have spray it 6 times with SAAF, alternateing rich soil and sharp shooter as my insecticide.
Please what does the bolded mean?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:00am On Dec 29, 2020
safarifarms:

Please what does the bolded mean?
both rich soil and sharpshooter are insecticide, like use Rich soil plus Saaf on Monday,then sharpshooter plus Saaf on Saturday. Do you get now?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by safarifarms(m): 11:42am On Dec 29, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
both rich soil and sharpshooter are insecticide, like use Rich soil plus Saaf on Monday,then sharpshooter plus Saaf on Saturday. Do you get now?
Yeah. Thanks. What a name for an insecticide.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:12am On Jan 12, 2021
I was in the market this morning, and grade1 tomato is 1.5-2k at the moment.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by IamAsiri: 11:22am On Jan 12, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I was in the market this morning, and grade1 tomato is 1.5-2k at the moment.

Is this equivalent to the big hausa baskets sir?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2021
IamAsiri:

Is this equivalent to the big hausa baskets sir?
almost 3 crate is 1 big basket
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by gokpoechi(m): 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
Great farmers in the house, please what is the best treatment for termites? Those things are killing my coconut plants.

Please help
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by DeLaRue: 2:34am On Jan 13, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
...anyday anytime platinum is the best,even Dem my boss planting at least 20k stand every month is planting only plantinum.

@ Farmer Akinloye, I have a tomato variety which might be superior to Platinum in a lot of ways.

1. High disease (incl. bacterial wilt) tolerance 2. Shorter plant 3. Bigger fruits (I think) 3. Highly marketable shape & colour 4. Does very well in dry & rainy season 5. High dry matter (very little water content).

Whether it can beat Platinum in terms of yield is what we need to find out.

Would you be interested in doing a side by side planting test? Ideepaul, OluchiDelly, bosagro, jidestroud - are you interested?

I'm willing to give each interested participant 30 free seeds.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by komoland: 6:49am On Jan 13, 2021
@ DeLaRu. Please am interested too, kindly share the tomato variety name, there is a seed variety that a friend told me about which stated can beat platinum in terms of resistance, weight and yield is Jarrah ZR F1 ,a variety of Rijk Zwaan has proven to be the best tomato variety to cultivate in the dry season which i will like to cultivate this dry season, had an average of 80-90 tomato fruits per stand, the average fruit weight per stand was 4.8- 5.1kg.
DeLaRue:

@ Farmer Akinloye, I have a tomato variety which might be superior to Platinum in a lot of ways.

1. High disease (incl. bacterial wilt) tolerance 2. Shorter plant 3. Bigger fruits (I think) 3. Highly marketable shape & colour 4. Does very well in dry & rainy season 5. High dry matter (very little water content).

Would you be interested in doing a side by side planting test? Ideepaul, OluchiDelly, bosagro, jidestroud - are you interested?

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 8:50am On Jan 13, 2021
komoland:
@ DeLaRu. Please am interested too, kindly share the tomato variety name, there is a seed variety that a friend told me about which stated can beat platinum in terms of resistance, weight and yield is Jarrah ZR F1 ,a variety of Rijk Zwaan has proven to be the best tomato variety to cultivate in the dry season which i will like to cultivate this dry season, had an average of 80-90 tomato fruits per stand, the average fruit weight per stand was 4.8- 5.1kg.
Until some of these seed companies create a catalogue for their products with detailed description of disease resistance, shape, brix, fruit shelf life,etc, and do farmers field day, they will find it hard to market some of these their expensive seeds...
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 8:53am On Jan 13, 2021
DeLaRue:

Hello sir, I am definitely interested, but to make it easier for us, I would like to pay for more seeds if the seed price is not excessively high. And I hope I will still find the seeds to buy for commercial operations if it's successful grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.