Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (139236 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by sayso: 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2021
Please a quick one oga OP. (1) where can I get the crate say 150 and at what price each. (2) where can I get the Emerald F1 you talked about in your post.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2021
sayso:
Please a quick one oga OP. (1) where can I get the crate say 150 and at what price each. (2) where can I get the Emerald F1 you talked about in your post.
do you mean crate filled with tomato or empty crate? I plant f1 Platinum, I will also plant diva by East west in my next planting,I like it production BIG and RED.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by sayso: 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
do you mean crate filled with tomato or empty crate? I plant f1 Platinum, I will also plant diva by East west in my next planting,I like it production BIG and RED.
I mean empty ones for sale. At what price is this diva and its availability?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by famuad: 10:08am On Mar 30, 2021
Farmland Available in Iseyin

Description: 12 acres of Farmland at Idi-Ori village, along Iseyin-Oyo expressway. The land is very close to SAF polytechnic, Iseyin. All tree uprooted. Purely for farming.

Family agreement after purchased.

Price: 150 per acre.

Description: 170 acres of Farmland at Elerimo village, along Iseyin-Ibadan expressway. 6 minutes drive to the Farmland from the expressway. 8p% tree uprooted. Purely for farming.

Family agreement is inclusive.

Price: 80k per acre.

Description: 70 acres of Farmland at Afofura village, along Iseyin-Ibadan expressway. 7 minutes drive to the Farmland from the expressway. All tree uprooted. Purely for farming.

Family agreement involves.

Price: 80k per acre.

For more enquiry: Call/WhatsApp this numbers 09034636432
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Konafas: 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Price of tomato is coming up gradually, grade 1 housa basket was sold 5k-6k yesterday, no crate at the moment. Nothing much in the farm, my tomato is doing okay.

Pls what variety of tomato is best in heavy raining season
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:15am On Mar 31, 2021
sayso:
I mean empty ones for sale. At what price is this diva and its availability?
go to market now, it was #2300 the last time I bought it.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:17am On Mar 31, 2021
Konafas:

Pls what variety of tomato is best in heavy raining season
I plant platinum, if you have good method of staking diva is also good.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by sayso: 12:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
go to market now, it was #2300 the last time I bought it.
Sorry,am in south south and it is not available here. Please a phone number of any of the sellers you know. I need about 150 crates.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Konafas: 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 1:38am On Apr 01, 2021
Good day sir, I do really appreciate your posts here. I also just transplanted tomatoes(cobra 26 f1). Can I use the ortiva top on them?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:59am On Apr 01, 2021
sayso:
Sorry,am in south south and it is not available here. Please a phone number of any of the sellers you know. I need about 150 crates.
you want to buying something Worth over 300k and you can't go lag, ibadan or come here. What happen to see and buy? Abeg don't joke with your money.

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:05am On Apr 01, 2021
ritzyluv:
Good day sir, I do really appreciate your posts here. I also just transplanted tomatoes(cobra 26 f1). Can I use the ortiva top on them?
don't use it now, is it up to one month on field? Am using low dosage of Saaf and insecticide at the moment, by ending I will introduce ortiva top.i did the nursery on 1st of March and transplant on 23rd.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 7:00am On Apr 01, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
don't use it now, is it up to one month on field? Am using low dosage of Saaf and insecticide at the moment, by ending I will introduce ortiva top.i did the nursery on 1st of March and transplant on 23rd.

Not up to a week in the field.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 7:03am On Apr 01, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:

So I shouldn't use anything on them until it's one month.?
Is it also advisable to use Folia fertilizer? If yes which do you recommend?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by sayso: 11:37am On Apr 01, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
you want to buying something Worth over 300k and you can go lag, ibadan or come here. What happen to see and buy? Abeg don't joke with your money.
No no not like that. Just need to verify the availability in the open market. Was told the producing company's order is a minimum of 1000 crates. I just need 150 for now.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I haven't heard from you bkss
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I haven't heard from you boss
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2021
aquadude15:

I haven't heard from you boss
bro nah that waybill stuff, i don't want anybody to have issue through the contact I give out. Let's farm has, and there is This shop "my farm" just 3 shop away from LET FARM, also has cheap price too.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2021
ritzyluv:

So I shouldn't use anything on them until it's one month.?
Is it also advisable to use Folia fertilizer? If yes which do you recommend?
if you don't use anything, insect "grasshopper" will do Wonder in your farm. Use low dosage of insecticide and fungicide, and always spray in the evening. GOd Bless your work.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
bro nah that waybill stuff, i don't want anybody to have issue through the contact I give out. Let's farm has, and there is This shop "my farm" just 3 shop away from LET FARM, also has cheap price too.
OK boss
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 5:19am On Apr 04, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
if you don't use anything, insect "grasshopper" will do Wonder in your farm. Use low dosage of insecticide and fungicide, and always spray in the evening. GOd Bless your work.

Sir how often do you apply NPK and which is best ?

Happy Easter
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:33am On Apr 04, 2021
ritzyluv:

Sir how often do you apply NPK and which is best ?

Happy Easter
happy Easter too, two weeks after transplanting (twice), and again two weeks after 15:15:15. I heard there are some other good fertilizer that can increase the yield like mop e.t.c have not try it though.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Konafas: 7:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
happy Easter too, two weeks after transplanting (twice), and again two weeks after 15:15:15. I heard there are some other good fertilizer that can increase the yield like mop e.t.c have not try it though.

Try AZOMITE you will like it ...
Google it to know more about it
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 7:52am On Apr 07, 2021
Hello sir please I need contacts of an irrigation system supplier.
I will be glad if given. My supplier in Lagos is misbehaving already.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by komoland: 9:15am On Apr 07, 2021
Get drip tape irrigation system for your farm

Drip tape 16mm, 0.3mm thickness 50cm spacing, (1,500m/roll). N75,000
Straight connector for lay flat and drip tape (100pcs). N13,000
End cap connector for drip tape (100pcs). N12,000
Venturi fertilizer injector or fertigator (1pcs). N15,000
Filter disc 2’’ (1pcs) N14,000
Filter disc 1’’ (1pcs) N10,000

ritzyluv:
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:25pm On Apr 07, 2021
ritzyluv:
hmmm to vouch for somebody I don't know in person dey always do me somehow, you know anything can happen even during TP. If you can come to Akure,ondo state I can take you to where you will buy anything you want.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2021
Growing 38 days today.. I will apply first fertilizer this week and I think staking will start by weekend too. I will upload video by weekend, spraying,ringweed, fertilizer application and staking.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
hmmm to vouch for somebody I don't know in person dey always do me somehow, you know anything can happen even during TP. If you can come to Akure,ondo state I can take you to where you will buy anything you want.

Okay
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Growing 38 days today.. I will apply first fertilizer this week and I think staking will start by weekend too. I will upload video by weekend, spraying,ringweed, fertilizer application and staking.

Mine is 28 days. I have a little problem. I don't know if it's a problem though. There have been a heavy down poor of rain which packed sand on the leaves. Hope it's not going to attract fungi. Though I sp
do spray fungicide?
And when do I start using ortiva top on them cus I just got it....
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by hargbolahan01: 1:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
hi sir... I'm also planting platinum and it's at nursery stage now but it's not germinating well...out of over 3000 seeds in the pack only less than 1000 comes out
any advice?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by DeLaRue: 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2021
hargbolahan01:
hi sir... I'm also planting platinum and it's at nursery stage now but it's not germinating well...out of over 3000 seeds in the pack only less than 1000 comes out
any advice?

It could be due to planting the seeds too deep in the tray/soil.

Most vegetables seeds germinate poorly when planted too deep.

It could also be that the seeds were too old. The older the seeds, the greater the likelihood of poor germination.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:58pm On Apr 10, 2021
ritzyluv:

Mine is 28 days. I have a little problem. I don't know if it's a problem though. There have been a heavy down poor of rain which packed sand on the leaves. Hope it's not going to attract fungi. Though I sp
do spray fungicide?
And when do I start using ortiva top on them cus I just got it....
it not a problem everything will stand back after sun shine. When it is exactly a month on field, spray in the evening, 15ml per 16liter and at least two weeks interval! You should be preparing for staking by now. You can check my IG for some insight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.