Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (139473 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
hargbolahan01:
hi sir... I'm also planting platinum and it's at nursery stage now but it's not germinating well...out of over 3000 seeds in the pack only less than 1000 comes out
any advice?
what method did you use, raise bed or cocopeat and seedlings tray, what do you mix with it,do you protect it, do you watch the video on how I did my own?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
41 days today counting from the day I did the nursery. staking on point now... Update is available on my IG..I will try to upload on YouTube 2mao

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
it not a problem everything will stand back after sun shine. When it is exactly a month on field, spray in the evening, 15ml per 16liter and at least two weeks interval! You should be preparing for staking by now. You can check my IG for some insight.

Okay thank you sir, I do really appreciate.. I want to ask. I have seen your Staking video. Will I also stake cobra 26 f1 like that?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
And it seems your spacing is 30cm?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:32pm On Apr 10, 2021
ritzyluv:

Okay thank you sir, I do really appreciate.. I want to ask. I have seen your Staking video. Will I also stake cobra 26 f1 like that?
you don't want to stake it? Where I was putting line is not included because I don't have my (heat too much)overall on when I was doing it, and I will not want to go live with grin underwear. I will do another one by Monday but if you can not wait, dm me on Whatsapp I will send it to you. Yes it is 30cm.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
you don't want to stake it? Where I was putting line is not included because I don't have my (heat too much)overall on when I was doing it, and I will not want to go live with grin underwear. I will do another one by Monday but if you can not wait, dm me on Whatsapp I will send it to you. Yes it is 30cm.
I called you boss but you didn't picked.
how much is crate of tomato presently
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2021
aquadude15:

I called you boss but you didn't picked.
how much is crate of tomato presently
I just called them now, am told grade 1 housa basket was sold 25k yesterday in shaasha. I can't believe my ear shocked shocked shocked
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ashpanez: 10:45am On Apr 12, 2021
Pls op, in the low dose of insecticide/fungicide u adopt pls what MIL do u use for napsack.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I just called them now, am told grade 1 housa basket was sold 25k yesterday in shaasha. I can't believe my ear shocked shocked shocked
I was at Sasha today, I sold a crate for 6k
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by hargbolahan01: 7:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
what method did you use, raise bed or cocopeat and seedlings tray, what do you mix with it,do you protect it, do you watch the video on how I did my own?
I raised bed and I didn't mix it with anything but I protected it with net and everyday watering
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Anthony20: 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
Excellent work I will like to be part of this I also have a farm where we are cultivating tomatoes-08055554179 whatsapp
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
ashpanez:
Pls op, in the low dose of insecticide/fungicide u adopt pls what MIL do u use for napsack.
one of this for fungicide and 15ml insecticide per 16litter. I have increased the fungicide dosage now to 2 of that, insecticide still remains the same.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
aquadude15:

I was at Sasha today, I sold a crate for 6k
Baba you Don hammer cheesy, abeg do not forget me in your ministry. Nah you dey rain now grin.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
hargbolahan01:
I raised bed and I didn't mix it with anything but I protected it with net and everyday watering
that means you scattered your seed which is why the result will be like pix 1, had been you do it in a standard way it will be like pix 2. I will show how to do raise bed one day.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Baba you Don hammer cheesy, abeg do not forget me in your ministry. Nah you dey rain now grin.
I want to be like you when I grow up sir
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by bfag: 11:01pm On Apr 15, 2021
@farmerakinloye pls where can I get habernero (atarodo) from East West here in akure
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Jub101(m): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2021
Good morning sir. Please i need you to explain how the drip irrigation setup is being done. Thanks and have a nice weekend
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:41pm On Apr 19, 2021
Jub101:
Good morning sir. Please i need you to explain how the drip irrigation setup is being done. Thanks and have a nice weekend
check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6244565/irrigation-system-installation-kit
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
Growing... flowering stage.

1 Share

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by tpben: 9:03pm On Apr 19, 2021
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Jub101(m): 6:09am On Apr 20, 2021
Good morning sir. Please when the time comes for rope tying for the tomato be detailed and share video on your page . Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by akamudom(m): 12:01am On Apr 21, 2021
Good evening sir currently am running a tomato and cucumber farm I really love your selfless dedication to educating AGRO ENTREPRENEURS
I love your staking plan as it is cost effective and am going to try it out.
The challenge I have is that I did transplant on the soil without making raised beds or ridges because th soil here is very sandy and does not water log(porous) even after rains
so I want to know if its safe
Thanks for your response in anticipation
let's make Nigeria great again TOGETHER

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
Jub101:
Good morning sir. Please when the time comes for rope tying for the tomato be detailed and share video on your page . Thanks a bunch
have given the tomato two lines already just that I don't have time to be doing action! grin don't worry I will upload it latest by Weekend, and I will make sure I detail the third line.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2021
akamudom:
Good evening sir currently am running a tomato and cucumber farm I really love your selfless dedication to educating AGRO ENTREPRENEURS
I love your staking plan as it is cost effective and am going to try it out.
The challenge I have is that I did transplant on the soil without making raised beds or ridges because th soil here is very sandy and does not water log(porous) even after rains
so I want to know if its safe
Thanks for your response in anticipation
let's make Nigeria great again TOGETHER
your tomato look healthy already now. Stake it well, apply fertilizer and spray your pesticide. The only challenge will be weed Management, If I weed like two times (ridges) be sure you will weed like 3-4 times. God bless your hustle! Nigeria will be Great.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 9:27am On Apr 22, 2021
Good day sir. This pic was last week. Now I noticed the leaves of some are folding upward. What do of be the cause? And can I start using ortiva top on them?

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
ritzyluv:
Good day sir. This pic was last week. Now I noticed the leaves of some are folding upward. What do of be the cause? And can I start using ortiva top on them?
it is cause by weather not a serious issue am experiencing thesame thing here. Yes can start now 15ml per 16litre, spray in the evening. Your farm is neat! Won't you stake sad?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 2:11pm On Apr 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
it is cause by weather not a serious issue am experiencing thesame thing here. Yes can start now 15ml per 16litre, spray in the evening. Your farm is neat! Won't you stake sad?

Okay. But some just die after the folding. What I do is just uproot them off.
I am Staking already

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 8:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
This is what I saw this evening.
I was walking round the farm when due saw it

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by emmaachile2(m): 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
ritzyluv:
What variety of tomatoes?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:26am On Apr 23, 2021
ritzyluv:
am so sorry! sad This is caused by fertilizer maybe you apply it too near the stand OR Nematode at work. Sorry SIS! If the stem shrink,dry then it definitely fertilizer. Put your number on your signature let me call you.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 6:54am On Apr 23, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
am so sorry! sad This is caused by fertilizer maybe you apply it too near the stand OR Nematode at work. Sorry SIS! If the stem shrink,dry then it definitely fertilizer. Put your number on your signature let me call you.

I will message you on WhatsApp now
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 7:04am On Apr 23, 2021
emmaachile2:

What variety of tomatoes?

Cobra 26 F1

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.